How can I make the graph omit blank cells in the data set?

Hi,

I've been workin' on the problem below that I've written a few days ago but
got no answers.
It's easy to select spesific cells to another column
for ex: cells belong to type A
then I draw the graph but a new problem occured, there are empth cells and
mygraph counts them
next question:  how can I omit the blank cells from my data set while
graphing?

Thx a lot :)

Emre UNAL
http://www.geocities.com/dusemre

Main Problem:

Hi,

I have a mixed data set as exampled below,

Type    Value
A            14
B            0.156
C            1.65
A            18
D            400
C            1.56
C            1.72

Question: How can I graph these variables individually without chancin' the
data structure?

Note: I can not use autofilter or any other macro, this data set will be
updated every 2hours, but can make any link to this data set freely.

Thx for your concern

Emre �NAL
Statistician
http://www.geocities.com/dusemre

0
dusemre (4)

a) use =NA() in place of blank
OR
b) select chart; use Tools|Options and open Chart tab; specify how blanks
are to be treat with the  active chart
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"easy" <dusemre@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've been workin' on the problem below that I've written a few days ago
> but
> got no answers.
> It's easy to select spesific cells to another column
> for ex: cells belong to type A
> then I draw the graph but a new problem occured, there are empth cells and
> mygraph counts them
> next question:  how can I omit the blank cells from my data set while
> graphing?
>
> Thx a lot :)
>
> Emre UNAL
> http://www.geocities.com/dusemre
>

> Main Problem:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a mixed data set as exampled below,
>
> Type    Value
> A            14
> B            0.156
> C            1.65
> A            18
> D            400
> C            1.56
> C            1.72
>

> Question: How can I graph these variables individually without chancin'
> the
> data structure?
>
> Note: I can not use autofilter or any other macro, this data set will be
> updated every 2hours, but can make any link to this data set freely.
>
> Thx for your concern
>

> Emre �NAL
> Statistician
> http://www.geocities.com/dusemre

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
3/15/2005 6:58:14 PM
Thx Bernard,

I still have gaps between values, how can I omit them?
for.ex.   data set is below
I've tried your recommendations but still got gaps for all the #N/A

      A 1 1
      B 10 #N/A
      D 100 #N/A
      C 1000 #N/A
      A 1,5 1,5
      B 15 #N/A
      C 105 #N/A
      D 1005 #N/A
      A 2 2
      B 12 #N/A
      C 102 #N/A
      D 1002 #N/A

"Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote in message
> a) use =NA() in place of blank
> OR
> b) select chart; use Tools|Options and open Chart tab; specify how blanks
> are to be treat with the  active chart
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "easy" <dusemre@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been workin' on the problem below that I've written a few days ago
> > but
> > got no answers.
> > It's easy to select spesific cells to another column
> > for ex: cells belong to type A
> > then I draw the graph but a new problem occured, there are empth cells
and
> > mygraph counts them
> > next question:  how can I omit the blank cells from my data set while
> > graphing?
> >
> > Thx a lot :)
> >
> > Emre UNAL
> > http://www.geocities.com/dusemre
> >

> > Main Problem:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a mixed data set as exampled below,
> >
> > Type    Value
> > A            14
> > B            0.156
> > C            1.65
> > A            18
> > D            400
> > C            1.56
> > C            1.72
> >

> > Question: How can I graph these variables individually without chancin'
> > the
> > data structure?
> >
> > Note: I can not use autofilter or any other macro, this data set will be
> > updated every 2hours, but can make any link to this data set freely.
> >
> > Thx for your concern
> >

> > Emre �NAL
> > Statistician
> > http://www.geocities.com/dusemre

0
dusemre (4)

Using Relative path for XML data file?

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

data sort

Expand a surface graph
Hi! This might by a easy question.... I made a surface graph with a table of 5x6 with %. The graph is fine, but I want to make the graph bigger, so I expand the graph the same way I do with other types of graph (pressing on the graph an move the cursor), but it does not work here. Now I habe a small graph, with a lot of blank space- Any help will be appreciate. Best regards! Zek ...

default values in a cell

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

Pulling data from separate tabs

Formula for cross tab data filling

Help with importing data

predict future data

Reference / Copy Dynamic Data
Have a worksheet listing products and prices for numerous suppliers. eg.: Supplier--Product---Price ABC-------apple-----1.00 ABC-------orange----1.20 XYZ-------brick-----3.40 XYZ-------cement----0.80 This worksheet will change often. What I would like is to reference this information on other worksheets. I would also split the info onto a worksheet for each supplier. Therefore i will have a worksheet for ABC and for XYZ, and the info in these worksheets will change as the main "index" worksheet changes. eg. Worksheet ABC contains: Product---Price apple-----1.00 orange----1.20 ...

How do I find the Data Analysis Plus toolpak for excel
does anyone know where I could find the data analysis plus toolpak. opher32 - > does anyone know where I could find the data analysis plus toolpak. < Start by looking on the CD that was in the back of the textbook. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

Terminal Server and GP Settings
Not being a Windows Terminal Server expert by any definition, I have a question for somebody who is. When wanting to have a user profile to store individual dex.ini files, my understanding is that each user would have his own Windows folder under their user folder. Additionally, if you typed SET at a command prompt, the settings for WINDIR would point to that user-specific Windows folder. Is this thinking correct? -- Charles Allen, MVP I think you also have to make certain that the dex.ini does NOT exist in the program install location for GP or it will still look to that. Dwight...

Is there a way to cut off unused cells on a sheet
It seems there are an infinite number of cells on a sheet. As I really dont have much info to enter on each sheet I was hoping there was a way I could somehow cut off all the extra stuff to the sides and bottoms. It is a hassle because everytime I scroll, it will scroll off the side or bottom way past what I was looking for. Thanks! A manual way is to goto the last used row and delete all rows below. Do the same with columns. SAVE -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "newbie" <newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:469AABE7-8D17-4B72-91C1-...

Automatically copy input from one cell to another
After I enter a value in one cell, how can I have it automatically enter it into another cell, within the same worksheet, or into a different worksheet. Thanks, Tom picktr@wowway.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you enter the value in A1 of sheet1, put this in the other cell in sheet1: =A1 or in another worksheet: =Sheet1!A1 In article <picktr.15c6uy@excelforum-nospam.com>, picktr <<picktr.15c6uy@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > After I enter a value in one cell, how can > I have it automatically enter it into another cell...

Formating text in cells
Hello, does anyone know how to force Excel to keep the hyphen or dash character (-) with the associated numbers when putting multiple dash-#s in a cell and turning "wrap" formating on? This is the same problem I have in Word; when I add dash-#s (ie; -xxx, -yyy, -zzz) Office apps interpret dashes ( - ) as a hypehen to a word and will keep the dash/hyphen on the line above until there are enough characters to force the dash/hyphen to the next line. In my work we use the format; -xxx, -yyy, -zzz to denote multiple versions of the same base part. Work instructions to operators...