How can I hide points for future dates on a Year to Date chart?

I don't want future points to show because if there is no data, it either
goes to zero, or I can keep the point the same as the previous month.
Neither result is good for me.

0
rlmills (2)

Jon Peltier has info on his site about this here:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicColumnChart1.html

"rlmills" <rlmills@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I don't want future points to show because if there is no data, it either
> goes to zero, or I can keep the point the same as the previous month.
> Neither result is good for me.

0
breinhardt (272)

Can I keep an autoshape tool selected?
For example, if I want to draw multiple lines on a page using the line tool is there a way to just draw, draw, draw instead of going back to get the tool after each "draw". Thanks, Frank wrote: > For example, if I want to draw multiple lines on a page using the > line tool is there a way to just draw, draw, draw instead of going > back to get the tool after each "draw". > Thanks, In Word 2003 or earlier, you can double-click the line, arrow, rectange, or oval tool buttons on the Drawing toolbar (but not the other shapes that are only in the Aut...

Sales Cycle Flow Chart
I've looked but have only found pieces of the sales cycle flow chart. Can anyone send me the link that shows the entire sales cycle flow chart? I found some really nice graphics for this in the eLearning section of PartnerSource. If you do the Online eLearning, you can download the lessons for offline viewing, then save the images in the lessons. If memory serves, you'll find all sorts of great stuff in the MSCRM 3.0 - Application lessons. "Troy" wrote: > I've looked but have only found pieces of the sales cycle flow chart. Can > anyone send me the link tha...

OT
Is the Microsoft Exchange website down, by chance? When trying to access the ExBPA Page or the Exchange 2003 SP1 page, or the /exchange/library page, I recieve a Page not found error (Can't post it due to copyright). http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2003/ExBPA/default.asp http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/library Error page that launches: http://www.microsoft.com/library/errorpages/smarterror.aspx?404;http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/404.mspx When I try to access the main Exchange page, it now comes up with a 403 Forbidden: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange -- Bob Christ...

BETWEEN DATES SUM
Hi, Col A has dates in order Col B has amounts Cell D1 is the beginning date Cell E1 is the end date I want to sum Col B where the dates in ColA are between the dates in D1 and E1. Thanks for your help. Jerry I believe this should do it: =SUMIF(A:A,">="&D1,B:B) - SUMIF(A:A,">"&E1,B:B) tl "Jerry Kinder" wrote: > Hi, > > Col A has dates in order > Col B has amounts > > Cell D1 is the beginning date > Cell E1 is the end date > > I want to sum Col B where the dates in ColA are between the dates in D1 and > ...

Unruly chart
I am charting monthly call volumes in a line graph in which I have 7 series (a different line of business). Each series takes 12 cells of data, corresponding to each month of the year, which I have in a different worksheet. Usually I can hit Control and individually click the different cells so that they are all included in the Values, but for some reason this time, I get to the 10th month and it won't let me click on the cell. I click one more time and it starts me over, erasing the previous 9 cells that I have clicked on. Anyone know what's going on and how I can fix it? ...

DATE FROM PREVIOUS RECORD
Hi, i want to show previous date on same form in another text box when i enter a new record on form . please tell me how solve this problem thanks Hi, This might work, create a button, click cancel to the wizard. Right click the button, go to properties. On the property sheet goto the Event Tab, click in the OnClick box and click the ... button. Select Code Builder. Now paste this in: 'start DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 8, , acMenuVer70 DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 2, , acMenuVer70 DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 5, , acMenuVer70 'Paste App...

Hiding the "to" field on email sends OL2002
I have a group of people that I need to send an email too. My problem is, if I just add them all to the email, then everyone will be able to everyone elses email address. I know I could send the email to 1 person and bcc the rest in, but is there a way to send the email so that it goes to everyone, and they all see the 'to' field as "Marketing Group" or something like that? I tried setting up a distribution list, but when I send the email, it goes to everyone on the list, but it still shows all the email addresses of all the people on the list. Can anyone help me...

why can't I reopen a document saved in publisher
I am trying to do flyers thru publishers, save the documents for further use but I cannot re-open the document. Can someone help? What happens when you try? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Dsmale5" <Dsmale5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B70BF36-747C-45C7-B89F-15F58B338E06@microsoft.com... >I am trying to do flyers thru publishers, save the documents for further >use > but I cannot re-open the document. Can someone help? How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us -- ...

Showing data per month & year for comparison
Hi, I need to show data for a particular month for 2 years (July 2004 vs. July 2005) and YTD data for 2004 & 2005 on the same pivot table. This will allow comparison between 2 months and YTD sales on the PT. I have grouped the dates and put them along the top of the pivot table and can choose month and year, but the YTD figures always change to the month figures. How do I get the YTD figures to not change when I choose a month? Confusing...yes. -- gman Hi, Can you upload a watered down version of the spreadsheet, because it is difficult to work out what the problem is? I will t...

$10,000 a week, as much as $40,000 a month or even up to $500,000 a year!
1) Though multi-level Marketing has been near and dear to many for more than 50 years, 95% of those who trusted it have failed. 2) They failed because most people simply cannot close sales. Without closing they cannot recruit. 3) Without recruiting, duplication cannot happen. Even the 5% who CAN recruit cannot achieve their full potential without duplication. 4) None of the hype, recruiting systems, replicated websites, interruption marketing, sexy products, exotic compensation plans, training kits, books, tapes, seminars, conference calls, or "heavy hitters" have been able to...

Find cell numbers in a table so I can multiply
Hello, I have a word document and in the documents header there is a table. This table a has diferent number of cells in each row like: Row one: 2 cells Row two: 4 cells Row three: 2 cells Row four: 10 cells Row five: 2 cells What I wanted to do is multipy 3 cells together thats in row four and show the total in the same row. I have a number in the 3rd cell that needs * by the number in the fith cell that needs * by the number in the seventh cell and totaled in the 9th cell. I know I have to select the ninth cell and select table/formula then what? -- Thanks, Chad I ...

Autoformat dates and times
Hi, I have a workbook with two columns. In the formula bar of one of the cells i have 2005040101700 (YearMonthDateHoursMinutes), but what shows in the cell is 2.00504E+11 When I try to format the cell as yyyymmddhhmm I get ########### and when I put the cursor over the cell with ############### it says that negative dates and times are shown this way. How can I make this work? Thanks. Allison Allison, I'm hoping that your actual value is different: 2005040101700 doesn't make sense: year 2005 month 04 day 01 hour 01 minutes 70 seconds 0 Perhaps it's really 200504010...

Can Not Send Large Attachment? Maybe? Maybe Not?
When sending large files to Yahoo or other external mailboxes I receive the following error message: #550 5.2.3 RESOLVER.RST.RecipSizeLimit; message too large for this recipient ## My understanding is that this message was rejected by the receiving mailbox - not kicked back from my exchange 2007 server. I'm being told by someone else that is getting kicked by my own exchange server? My understanding is that if it were getting kicked back by my own exchange server because the attachment was too large I would receive: 550 5.3.4 ROUTING.SizeLimit message size exceeds...

Editing a Visio drawing in Power Point sent via email?
I am trying to edit a flow-chart created using Visio 2000 and sent to me in a Power Point document, via email. I am using Visio Professional 2003. Thanks. is it really embedded (then of course where is the vsd file that it is related too)? Of course the flow chart addons are incompatible anyway. al "jim@techheat" <jim@techheat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B248240-4DF1-43C3-A2B3-881381462F09@microsoft.com... >I am trying to edit a flow-chart created using Visio 2000 and sent to me in >a > Power Point document, via email. I am using Visio Pro...

can't receive calendar invites properly
A company that I do some work for occasionally sends me calendar items. When I receive them at home on outlook 2000, they do not come in as calendar items. They appear more like a text message. Is there some kind of setting I need to change in order to accept their calendar items and have them go onto my calendar at home? They are using outlook 2000 and they run exchange 2003. I'm on outlook 2000 at home. No exchange server. jgross@quonix.net <jgross@quonix.net> wrote: > A company that I do some work for occasionally sends me calendar > items. When I receive them at ho...

Account list view up to current date?
I'm using MS Money Plus Deluxe. I often enter in income/expenses far in advance so I can see how things will play out. Account list is my main view and gets distorted since it is taking into account future events. The portfolio view has a nice feature in that it can show only up to the current date and not any future events, such as future retirement contributions I've entered. Is there a way to make the account list do that? Or, is there some way I can see both scenarios without having to maintain two Money files? Bills | Forecast Cash Flow? Beyond that, no. You could not enter...

Sizing Data Tables on a chart
When I have a data table attached to a chart and size the chart, the data table does not size proportionately ...

URGENT: Creating a chart (Getting the correct input and output) unable to figure out
Hi, I have been trying to create this chart since a long time now and go no clue what am donig wrong. I have some machines in my company and all of them have a end of life for example: Machine 1, at location A with End of Life in 2004 Machine 2, at location B with End of Life in 2008 I want the years on x-axis and the machine locations on y-axis. Afte that I want horizantal lines representing machines which also show th end of life. For a better understanding, see the attached excel file. I have als created an image of the chart I'm looking to draw. Please advise. Thanks. Ker ...

report date range
I have a report that will display data from an inventory transaction history form. There I would enter in the date and several other criteria. After doing so I filter the form to my selection and then print my report. I wanted the date range that is on the form to print on the report. I hvae done this in several other reports and never had a problem until now. I'm getting #NAME. The form is still open upon viewing the report. On the report I have a text box with the logic of: ="Report Date Between: " & [Forms]![frmInvTransactionHistory]![BegtDate] & " and &...

Custom MS Excel Charts
What technologies do I need to be able to develop custom charts for MS Excel, are there any nice friendly APIs/libraries. Thanks Umair ...

Small problem with a line chart
Hi I have a smal problem with a line chart. The chart shows progress of my teams league points over a season, the data is derived from a series of rows which I fill in after a game. In the data, I am using COUNTBLANK to have a blank cell until the row contains data EG =IF(COUNTBLANK(P53:Y53)>0,"",((P53+U53)*3)+Q53+V53) The problem is that the data series assumes unfilled rows (IE the future unplayed games) are zero, so there is a line that connects from the top of my line down to the zero on my X axis. I would just like the line to stop at the last value. Can anyone suggest a w...

why can't i find the send button and how do I configure e-mail
I seem to be able to write the e-mail but do not have a button to send. the message tells me my address is not configured? Did you create a profile for Outlook to use? http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm "LJDICKER" <LJDICKER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:211018AE-F489-4002-864E-FAEEC141AF6F@microsoft.com... > I seem to be able to write the e-mail but do not have a button to send. the > message tells me my address is not configured? ...

Q: Charting with two variables on the Y-axis
Using Excel 2000: Hey all, I have two tables and want a line graph based on one row, but with the values of another row: Votes: ------ Region1: 10, 10, 15 Total: 50, 60, 100 Satisfaction Rates: ------------------- Region1: 60%, 80%, 45% Overall: 50%, 90%, 50% I want a line graph that compares the satisfaction rates of region 1 vs. overall (ie, it will show two lines, one for region1, one for overall). That's pretty straightforward. However, what I also want is, for Region1, to show the vote counts as values above (or below) the datapoints for the region 1 line. Can this be ...

Hide/Unhide #2
I have two questions regarding Excel 2007 hide features: 1. What caused my entire Excel worksheet to disappear from view? When I tried to reopen the file, Excel kept saying the file was already open, but I saw NOTHING. A colleague finally told me what he did to solve the problem, but in what situations will selecting Hide hide the entire worksheet? 2. I have a split in my worksheet and when I point to the double arrows, the pop-up message reads "Hide White Space." I have no idea what that means; how do I get rid of the split? Nothing in the Help feature assists me with my ques...

Can't open Outlook (Office XP Pro)
When I try to open Outlook (Office XP Pro), I get the following error message: "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst." Any ideas on how to fix this? Check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;181523 "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01f401c39f84$1e104cb0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to open Outlook (Office XP Pro), I get the > following error message: "Can...