how can I fill labels in a chart, so that the grid lines don't in.

(Excel:)
How can I fill labels in a chart, so that the grid lines of that chart do
not interfere with the text in those labels?
0
PeterK (11)

Hi,

Double click the data labels and set the Patterns Area colour to be the
same as the plotarea colour.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Or you could double click the gridlines and change their color to the
faintest gray in the palette (you've already changed the plot area
background to white, haven't you?). Black gridlines attract too much
attention.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

peterk wrote:

> (Excel:)
> How can I fill labels in a chart, so that the grid lines of that chart do
> not interfere with the text in those labels?

HQ and RMS can't set primary Cashier or Salesperson #2
Since we upgraded to RMS 2.0 and added HQ In RMS 1.3 we could assign and change Primary Cashier or Sales person on Customer accounts. NOW, We do not have a drop down list button on our customer accounts to set a primary Salesperson or Cashier. Is there a option to check to be able to have the drop down list appear on the Customer account? Or can it be set with a worksheet in HQ? -- DDowningMO HQ 2.0.0110 / RMS 2.0.0110 4 Lanes, 4 Back Office Server 2003 SP2 ------=_NextPart_0001_7F2C5488 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning, Thank you for posting...

mailing labels
Is there any way to print customer mailing labels to the barcode/label printer? ...

Line break from vLookup
Greetings all, I have a worksheet where cell B8 and B10 perform a vLookup based on a data validation in B6: =IF(B6="","",(VLOOKUP(B6,Position,2,0))) IF(B6="","",VLOOKUP(B6,AD_Groups,2,0)) I have the following code in place to perform a line break after each comma in the returned value. It works great the first time, but then anytime I change or add something to any cell in the range B1:B10 it adds another line break to B8 and B10. Anything after B10 is fine and doesn't affect the previous cells. I guess what I'm asking is if...

Printing labels from Publisher
I cannot seem to be able to print only 1 label at a time. Where can I set the printing option to print just one label from a sheet of labels? You will have to create the page manually. Take a look at the page setup when you select labels, it will tell you the size and the gaps. Use the ruler guides to recreate the labels. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Carmen Driggs" <Carmen Driggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3433E906-D97B-4AED-B83A-39CDBA9B99F5@microsoft.com... >I cannot seem to be able to print only 1 label at a time. Where can I set ...

How can I create a graph & execute Excel from a non- MS environme
I would like to set up an application that can be run from Unix or another operating system that can be used to display a graph in Excel.(maybe a perl script, or something?) I can create a csv file from the data coming from a non-microsoft environment. I would like to be able to then run a unix system command, or a command that can be executed from the "run" line from MS Start menu that would use this data to open Excel and display the data as a chart. CJ Dev Wrote: > I would like to set up an application that can be run from Unix o > another > operating system that...

Mutual Fund Names and Stock Names displayed on multiple lines
In 2005 Deluxe, Portfolio Manager, Group by Investment Type, the same mutual fund is incorrectly listed on multiple lines. And, if I move the cursor over different lines, the names sometime change. The mkt values appear correct, but the fund names are all messed up. Is there an update or service pack ready yet to fix this and/or other problems? -- Greg Have the same problem with money 2005 canadian version the Symbol,Name,Last Price and %Change change to the line the cursor was on before all else stay the same. Rudolf "Greg" wrote: > In 2005 Deluxe, Portfolio Manage...

How many computers can I install ms office basic edition 2003 on?
We have two computers with it installed on already, but one of them is dying and I want to install it on a new computer. Is it okay to do this? What does the EULA say? Generally a retail version can be installed on 2 working devices "scrumpyjill" <scrumpyjill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7126D521-E248-4733-B7CA-30D30D9114FB@microsoft.com... > We have two computers with it installed on already, but one of them is > dying > and I want to install it on a new computer. Is it okay to do this? To my knowledge all MS Office Basic Editi...

Can a Table be opened in datasheet view from a form
Trying to figure out how to open a table in datasheet view using a control button on a form and not use a split form view. Any help? On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 13:00:01 -0800, ksgolfer wrote: > Trying to figure out how to open a table in datasheet view using a control > button on a form and not use a split form view. Any help? I'll assume you meant to say "open a 'form' in datesheet view". To open a form in datasheet view by means of code you must explicitly code it to open in datasheet view: DoCmd.OpenForm "FormName", acFormDS -- Fred Please re...

Where can I find an invoice template with hourly rate calculated?
I am trying to set up a simple invoice for a small carpentry business that will include materials (itemized and price), hours worked and hourly rate calculated and a total of all. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to set up a simple invoice for a small carpentry business that >will include materials (itemized and price), hours worked and hourly rate >calculated and a total of all. >. > Office templates: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx Having been the owner of a small (1 person) cabinet business for a number of years (http://www.moderncab...

Can anyone help with this problem? bug?
I installed MYIE2 (www.myie2.com) and chose it to be default browser, when I reverted back to IE as default browser it affected one thing I know in Outlook. on the toolbar, when you open up a contact, theres a "road sign button" to the right of the "red flag" I get this error, when i click on it: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Crate an assocition in the Folder Options control panel" I dont know what association to go to in Folder options and uninstalling outlook and reinstalling it did not fix the problem no...

Uniquely Identify Data for Charting with a List Box
Gang, The Internet is a great thing. I found a charting example that does nearly every thing I want to do. Amazingly enough, I was able to figure out how the thing works! The chart is fairly simple. It is a X*Y line chart with 2 series. I found the chart here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - The chart is called "ChartAgainstStandard.zip." One of the 2 series plotted is a "standard" and the other changes based on the selection made in the drop down list. Amazingly enough, I was able to follow the thing completely and I would like ...

Why are layout guides double lines (pink & blue)?
It looks like the pink line is the real guide. It is set the margins at .5", the pink line is .5" from the edge. What the purpopse of the blue line that appears to be aboutr 3/32" inside the pink one? -- Running Publisher 2K SP-3 in Office 2K OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195) LurfysMa wrote: > It looks like the pink line is the real guide. It is set the margins > at .5", the pink line is .5" from the edge. > > What the purpopse of the blue line that appears to be aboutr 3/32" > inside the pink one? Yes, I've always wondered about these double l...

how i can use CEDitView member function
hi ,Can any one tell me that how i can use the CEditView member funcion ,if my VIEW CLASS IS DERIVED FROM CView instead of CEditView. for example void CTEST9View::OnUpdate(CView* pSender, LPARAM lHint, CObject* pHint) { CEdit& theEdit = GetEditCtrl(); ------------------ ------------------ } But I am unable to get Get GetEditCtrl() ,so what i should do Arbind Mr David if u do not want to want tell, don't tell but don't do like this. "Arbind" <arbindb_tech@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:e$WzWnVYDHA.1492@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi ,Can any one ...

Limit lines in XY scatter chart
I have a chart that is XY (scatter) that I need to put limit lines on. I want to put a colored line at 1% and -1%. Can this be done? Thanks Hi, There are various ways of addressing this problem. See the following for examples of adding lines to charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy Cygnusx1 wrote: > I have a chart that is XY (scatter) that I need to put limit lines on. I want > to put a colored line at 1% and -1%. Can this be done? > Than...

Stock Bar Charts
how do I add the "open" to a stock bar chart in Excel? In the OHLC type candlestick charts, Open and Close define the top and bottom of the up-down bars. Excel doesn't offer the commonly used left-tick for open, just the right tick for close. I have one technique to simulate this on my web site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StockChartLeftTickOpen.html and I have since developed a much easier technique, which I have yet to write up. Sometime soon, perhaps. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http...

Cannot edit data in forms but can in tables
I have a problem! I created a database where I can only edit the data in tables. In the forms I created I can see the data but cannot edit the data. I am using 2007 that I have set so the file can be opened in 2003. The data was imported to create tables from two Excel spread sheets using the wizard. The tables are linked together and the combined data is shown in a report. This all works without a problem. Now I need to edit the data, so I created several forms all of which I cannot add, delete or edit the data. I saw under the User and Group Permissions that u...

Lines in Publisher does not print in same position as on screen
On inserting a house plan (TIF) and wanting to draw grid lines (using the line tool) on the outside walls, it shows 100% correct on screen but when I print it is as if the line spacing has changed and is not on the outside lines for the walls anymore. Anybody experienced this problem? Thanks Carel Put the .tif on the background and draw the lines on the publication page. Does this help? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Carel" <Carel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EAC19E7-4E72-43E4-BE46-98944FFDB8FE@microsoft.com... > On inserting a house pl...

Can not import pictures in Publisher 2000
After reformatting my Dell computer, I reinstalled 2000. It now does not allow me to import a graphic. I get a box that says something about a graphics convertor missing. The CD is fine - had someone put it on their computer and it allows them to import a graphic. Am I missing another computer file of sort? Hope someone can help. Jeanne All graphics or only certain extensions? All the graphic filters are in a folder similar to this. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt If it is only certain extensions, rename the filter, for instance, TIFFIM32.FLT to TIFFIM32.old, dra...

Printing Labels from Marketing List
It is possible to create Mail Merge documents for the members of a Marketing List through Quick Campaign or Main Campaign. But how about creating labels for all the members in the Marketing List? It seems that labels can be created only from the main contact list and not from the Marketing list. Any pointer?? Don an Advanced find to look for all contacts (or account depending on the marketing list) who are on a particular marketing list. From the find results do a mail-merge to labels. HTH Roger "Onkar" <budc57@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1166056772.911550.14100@8...

Insert Picture fails repeatedly in Word 2008 when working with labels
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When trying to insert a picture (.tif, .jpg, .gif) into a text box on a label document, Word 2008 repeatedly fails, giving the message: "This application cannot open this file. This file is an unsupported graphic format or may be damaged. Try opening this graphic in another application". If I switch back to the regular (non-label) document, I can successfully insert the picture, then I was able to copy and paste it. But after a couple of times doing this, I received the message no matter which document I tried...

How can I import my data from Entourage for Macosx
I a moving from a Apple Mac computer and I want to move all my data from Entourage to Outlook Ken Allen <Ken Allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I a moving from a Apple Mac computer and I want to move all my data > from Entourage to Outlook See if this helps: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/ -- Brian Tillman "Ken Allen" wrote: > I a moving from a Apple Mac computer and I want to move all my data from > Entourage to Outlook. Will these scripts move all my e-mails and attachments over to Outlook as well. Thank you for all your help. I h...

Can I make a timeline with MS Publisher?
I am interested in making a Timeline for a website. The type I would like to make has a center line running down the middle (running from top of the page to the bottom) and the important date to each side with a line or arrow pointing to the right spot on the line. Is this possible with MS Publisher Yes. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDEE0643-5BB9-409F-BD79-E5FD045A8B2D@microsoft.com... >I am interested in making a Timeline for a website. The type I would like >to > make has a cen...

using two cells 1 with total time n 1 with date how can i put the.
I'm trying to put the amount of time spent in to a seperate sheet (Cell # 2 column E ) from a sheet that has the dates in one cell (column A) and the time spent in another (column K) and the reason for the time spent in column B. On the seperate sheet I have to put the amount of time spent in column E and match with the date I have in column A on the seperate sheet to populate the chart that I'm making. The only thing that I have been able to do is create a formula to show the amount of time spent and for what reason but i can't match it to the date because the dates ...

removing 0 value data labels
Hi All How would I remove 0 Value data labels from a chart using vb script? No need for VBA. You can make a custom number format for the labels. Select the whole set of labels, press CTRL+1 to format, and on the number format, select Custom in the left hand list, and add a format like one of these: 0;0;;@ 0.0;0.0;;@ There are four items in a custom format, by default the formats for positive, negative, and zero values, and for text. Leave off the format for zeros, and the label will not appear. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and C...

How can I put two variables with different scales on the same char
Plot both series together in the chart, double click on one series, and on the Axis tab, choose Secondary. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions - http://PeltierTech.com/ 2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html _______ "Candace" <Candace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40078D0A-0639-4721-AFD6-BE55326BCE93@microsoft.com... > ...