How can I create a League table based on points scored?

Can anybody help me?

I am trying to create a League Table based on 8 people and their tota
scores (eg. a fantasy football league).

Eg.
Player A = 10 points
Player B = 13 points
Player C = 8 points
Player D = 11 points
etc., etc.

Table should read:
Player B with 13 points
Player D with 11 points
Player A with 10 points
Player C with 8 points
etc., etc.

How do I get Excel to list the players in order of their scores, mos
points = top of the league?
And when I change the weekly score they might change position
depending on their total.

Any help on this will be very helpful and appreciated, THANKS!

Nick

Suppose the players are in column A starting with A2 (A1 is a header
named, say, 'Player').  Suppose the current points are in column B,
starting with B2.

Then, create the following named formulas (Insert | Name > Define...)

DataRng	=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$2,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A)-1,1)
PointsRng	=OFFSET(DataRng,0,1)
RankedPoints	=OFFSET(DataRng,0,2)

In C1 enter the text: Ranked Points
In D1 enter the text: Player by rank

In C2 enter the formula =RANK(PointsRng,PointsRng)+COUNTIF(OFFSET
(PointsRng,0,0,ROW()-ROW($C$2)+1,1),B2)-1

In D2 enter the formula =INDEX(DataRng,MATCH(ROW()-ROW($D$2)+
1,RankedPoints,0))

Copy C2:D2 as far down as needed to cover the data in A:B.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <NickS.1aimvc@excelforum-nospam.com>, NickS
<<NickS.1aimvc@excelforum-nospam.com>> says...
> Can anybody help me?
>
> I am trying to create a League Table based on 8 people and their total
> scores (eg. a fantasy football league).
>
> Eg.
> Player A = 10 points
> Player B = 13 points
> Player C = 8 points
> Player D = 11 points
> etc., etc.
>
> Table should read:
> Player B with 13 points
> Player D with 11 points
> Player A with 10 points
> Player C with 8 points
> etc., etc.
>
> How do I get Excel to list the players in order of their scores, most
> points = top of the league?
> And when I change the weekly score they might change positions
> depending on their total.
>
> Any help on this will be very helpful and appreciated, THANKS!
>
> Nick.
>

> ---

It works, Thanks!:)

You are welcome.  Glad to be of help.

--

In article <NickS.1aoi2j@excelforum-nospam.com>, NickS
<<NickS.1aoi2j@excelforum-nospam.com>> says...
> It works, Thanks!:)
>

> ---

How can I know which SP has been put on the exchange2K
Where can I see this msg? Thanks Open exchange manager, organization, right pane. "Geoffrey" <yile1978@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uvLLBUYwFHA.3312@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Where can I see this msg? > Thanks > check www.petri.co.il or check for the answer on the 10th(9th from ur posting)thread on this site,that is named"finding on version of sp installed" ...

Creating array of specific object types dynamically
Hi, little gotcha. Some COM objects requires array of specific type. To give you example, following DOESN'T work: [array]$X = @() However below code works: [int32[]]$X = @() For my framework, array type can be dynamic and I don't know in advance what type it's going to be. So what I would need is below: [$PropertyType[]]$X = @() This doesn't work with error message "Unable to find type". As a workaround, I solved it using following: Invoke-Expression "[$$PropertyType[]]`$Var = @()" This code works as expected, I am just curious if ...

I want year in one table to be less or equal year in another table
Hi I have some problems writing a query and I hope someone can help me. I have a database with serveal tables. In one table I have this information, Lake ID-number, treatment, year for treatment. In another table I have Lake ID-number, fish species (I am intrested in pike), year when pike is present. I want to find all lakes that have pike present before the treatment was done, I want the year in the second table to me less or equal the year in the first table. Is there a easy way to do this? Thanks Try something like this substituting your table and field names. S...

How can I print just the flip side of a booklet?
How can I print just the flip side of a booklet? I printed the first side just fine and then my computer went funny and I had to shut down and start back up again. I have 25 copies of the first side that need to be printed on the back side. Pub 2000 user here: There may be a better way but I think you will have to print a page at a time i.e., File, Print Page 2 of 2; then 3 of 3 and so on. -- Don Vancouver, USA "pqc18" <pqc18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92653E8D-9772-4AE0-A9C3-514B363E72B2@microsoft.com... > How can I print just the flip side ...

automaticly create graph
what i would like to do is create a spread sheet where by i entered the fixed and variable costs as well as the selling price. i would then like a graph to automaicly change and display the this info. Does anyone know how to do this. Decide which cells on the spreadsheet you wish to include in the chart. Select those cells. Follow the menu option: Insert/ Chart, and answer the questions in the wizard. Have you looked in Excel help at the topics concerned with charts, starting with "Create a chart"? Have you looked at the training material under http://office.microsoft.com/...

outlook can't receive exe files

Create static text from cell reference

help with dynamic tables

"x" button enables deletion.... can we put a focus trigger there?
Hi, on three forms, I put focus triggers on the "delete" button because I need to validate some additional data before allowing the user to delete. However, if the user clicks on the corner "x" button to close the form and gets the dialogue box saying they have changes, do they want to "Save", "Delete" or "Cancel", they can delete the record anyways. Is there any way to put a focus trigger on the button of the dialogue box, or on the "x" button? Thanks in advance. I assume you are working with Dexterity. To work with an add...

Creating a Graph
hi all, i want to create a grapg dynamically getting the values from a file.. take for example the first row is the x axis and the second row is the y axis. i am planning to do this in mfc. what needs to be done for this.. if somebody has an example relating this please send me the link or the code.. thanks Read the data. Plot it. First, you have to read the data. You read the data and build an array of <x,y> pairs in whatever way you want to save them, e.g., int, float, double. This is pretty elementary programming. To do a graph in a very fancy way, you should use an existing gra...

Publishing Layout and tables
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to copy and paste text from one cell of a table to another cell in the same table. The document is in Publishing Layout. The paste command deletes the text in the destination cell and then places a big empty text box on top of the table. I do dozens of these documents that are primarily tables and graphics. Previously I used Publisher on my old PC. Should I go back, or can this be done in Word for the mac? Hello, On 2010.01.29 8:44 AM, in article 59bb1ce2.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Toni_T@officefor...

Querying multiple records in two tables

Can't upgrade companies to SP4
R [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Insert Error: Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition.I had a base installation of GP 9.0, no patches. Decided to download SP4 and install. Install of the MSI went fine and upgrading the master databases worked, but going company by company, I get the following error: The following SQL statement produced an error: CREATE Procedure SVC_POP_Make_PO( @PromisedDate datetime, @OrderedBy char(15), @BatchNum char(15), @ItemNumber char(30), @VendorItemNumber char(30), @LocationCode char(10), @Uo...

Can't receive EMail #5

Excel pivot table #2