How can I add a break in the X or Y axes?

My x axis range is from 0 to 2000000 and my Y values are at 0, 1000, 5000,
10000, 50000, 10000, 200000, 600000 and 2000000. When I plot my values the
first 4 data almost over lap with each other and there is a huge gap between
the last two data points.
So my question is :
1. How can I add a brak in the x-axes (to reduce the gap between last two
data points)?

2. How can I expand the x axis (to show the first 4 data points clearly)?

I am 99.9% sure that the last option is not possible isn excel. However, if
it is and someone know that would be of great help.
0
SanD (1)

You can use a logarithmic scale, or you could try this technique, which
works for X and Y value axes:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"SanD" <SanD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My x axis range is from 0 to 2000000 and my Y values are at 0, 1000, 5000,
> 10000, 50000, 10000, 200000, 600000 and 2000000. When I plot my values the
> first 4 data almost over lap with each other and there is a huge gap
> between
> the last two data points.
> So my question is :
> 1. How can I add a brak in the x-axes (to reduce the gap between last two
> data points)?
>
> 2. How can I expand the x axis (to show the first 4 data points clearly)?
>
> I am 99.9% sure that the last option is not possible isn excel. However,
> if
> it is and someone know that would be of great help.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

can't download active statement in Vista money2005
When I click the download button on the bank website. After a while the download window appears. The open or save button never turns clickable. Any Ideas. This is a new Vista install on a new system. "andre" wrote: > When I click the download button on the bank website. After a while the > download window appears. The open or save button never turns clickable. > > Any Ideas. This is a new Vista install on a new system. It just stays stuck on "Getting file informatin" In microsoft.public.money, andre wrote: > > >"andre" wrote: > &...

How can we refer to "Date last saved" field's values(windows7)
There is "Date last saved" field in windows7 explorer. How can we refer to the value? Is it equal to LastAccessTime? or LastWriteTime? or ChangeTime? Why not try it yourself? Write a program or find a utility that can set all three to different values and see which one pops up as "Dave last saved". The second sounds most likely. "Benjamin" <crazytazo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2c1790a9-298c-499d-9727-356923338574@m27g2000prl.googlegroups.com... > There is "Date last saved" field in windows7 explorer. > > Ho...

How can I prevent a Chart from showing zero values?
I am creating a chart, and sometimes the data will exist such that there are points that I would like ignored. These points are determined by an If statement, so I can place any string in there when I want them ignored, but I have not been able to find a string that will result in the points not being shown on the chart. Simply put, I am looking for a value that the chart will ignore or another way to accomplish the same ends. Hi, Try using NA() instead of "" Cheers Andy Quinn Ramsey wrote: > I am creating a chart, and sometimes the data will exist such that there are ...

add/remove program
by using the above money 2004 was deleted with all of it's data can/how do I retreive? In microsoft.public.money, Monica wrote: >by using the above money 2004 was deleted with all of it's data can/how do I >retreive? The data was not deleted; do a search for *.mny and *.mbf files. To use the data, you will need to install Money 2004 or later from the same country. ...

Can I sort by Range Name?
I have a complicated spreadsheet that contains what I'll call "su heads" and I need to sort by these. For example, I have this sort o data: Owner Name Pets Pet Age ------------------------------------- Randy's Pets Dog 3 Cat 5 Tim's Pets Cat 4 Bird 9 Sue's Pets Goldfish 1 How could I sort by the Owner Name, and retain the informatio organization under each name? Currently, all I get it is this result: Owner Name Pets Pet Age ------------------------------------- Randy&#...

Can't send email 08-31-10
This is the error message I keep getting and I can't send any emails! The message could not be sent because its size exceeded the server's limit. You can use the option, located in Tools | Accounts | Properties | Advanced, to break messages into smaller parts. Subject 'Re: -- SPAM -- Handyman and Painting' Server Error: 552 Server Response: 552 5.2.0 1AGh1f00M1vSJcs04AGhdf This message was undeliverable. This message has been found to be a potential spam message, and has therefore been blocked. Please visit http://coxagainstspam.cox.net for more information. ...

Add 5 working days to date
hi I am trying to work with two dates on phone call entity in crm - actual start and scheduledend what i want to achieve is - set the actual start date to current date if it is null and then add 5 working days to actual start date below is the code i am using var CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE = 1; var CRM_FORM_TYPE_UPDATE = 2; switch (crmForm.FormType) { case CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE: crmForm.all.actualstart.DataValue == null crmForm.all.actualstart.DataValue = new Date(); crmForm.all.scheduledend.DataValue=dateadd("w",5,actualstart) break; case CRM_FORM_TYPE...

How can I see header from non-Hotmail accounts
I am configuring Symantec appliance. I send e-mail through my Symantec appliance to my verizon.net account and it works. I send e-mail through my symantec appliance to my hotmail.com account and it doesn't go thru. If look into my verizon.net account/webmail, I can't see a way to display header information. I need to analyze header info and see which IP address mail is coming from to see whether NAT translation is causing my IP address to be filtered by hotmail somehow. On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:31:55 -0700, "Marlon Brown" <MarlonBrown@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Add two Columns to a table from another table
It has been a couple of months since I have worked with access and I can't remeber the right way to put the critera. I want to add two columns from table A to table B where the machine name is equal to each other. I know I have to use an append query I just can't figuer out how to set the critera to place the correct data in the right place. Both tables have been imported and both have a column called machine name. I want to add two columns from table A to table B where the machine names are the same. Please help me out. Thanks very much, Greg It isn't clear whether you ar...

can i set up calendar so people can see but not open items?
i want other members of staff to be able to see what's in my calendar but not be able to open individual meetings/items etc. Is there a way to do this? I'm using Outlook 2003. No, not directly on the calendar, but you could give them free/busy access. Monica;122627 Wrote: > i want other members of staff to be able to see what's in my calendar > but not > be able to open individual meetings/items etc. Is there a way to do > this? I'm > using Outlook 2003. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipst...

can't edit message
hi all, Recently, I got some mail that can't be edit when I click the "edit message" button. however, other mail is ok What cause this problem? thx ...

Removed Firewall can send emails
I removed the firewall from my computer, some idiotic little "Freedom firewall" that came pre-installed with this system and am able to send emails just fine now, thanks all. In article <ONv$wgLxDHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, support@alfii.com says... > I removed the firewall from my computer, some idiotic little "Freedom > firewall" that came pre-installed with this system and am able to send > emails just fine now, thanks all. Firewalls are a necessary defense, now. If the idiotic little firewall couldn't be configured to allow outbound email con...

How to add multiple members in DL for Exchange 5.5
Hi, Is there any way to add multiple members in Exchange 5.5 distribution list, instead of selecting one at a time. Thanks! Directory import, available in Exchange administrator tool. Baris. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "San" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:f4a001c43de9$9cabde00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there any way to add multiple members in Exchange 5.5 > distribution list, instead of selecting one at a time. > > Thanks! ...

OWA can't hyperlink
Hello: Using Outlook Web Access (to a Win 2003 Exchange server), anytime a user clicks on a hyperlink in an email the server tries to redirect them to an internal page. For example if the hyperlink was to http://www.FOO.COM then the server would send them to: http://mail.acme.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.FOO.COM/ and prompt them with a login request. Anyidea how to fix this? Thanks. Set proper permissions on redir.asp Paul <no@spam4me.com> wrote in message news:ri3940tltfcq02trkc862shehn50oaiul0@4ax.com... > Hello: > > Using Outlook Web Access (to a...

2 X 2 Splitter Windows
What is wrong with the following code? I am trying to create a 2 X 2 splitter window. It should look like this. CMyTreeView | CMyListView __________________|___________________ | CPictureView | CDetailView It compiles correctly but when I run it I get an error in the WinSplit routine of MFC. if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateStatic(this,1,2)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateView(0,0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyTreeView), CSize(0,0), pContext)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd2.CreateStatic(&m_wn...

How can I copy ONE contact folder to another PC?
I am using OL 2007 on both PC's. On my laptop I have a subfolder in my "Contacts" folder I would like to copy to my desktop PC. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks Posted to Outlook groups daily: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm=20 --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, <----- Mardman -----> asked: | I am using OL 2007 on both PC's. On my laptop I have a subfolder in | my "Contacts" folder I would like to copy to my desktop PC. I...

How do I put a marker line on an excel chart (i.e. on y axis)?
How can I put a merker line on an exel line chart (a horizontal line from one value on the y axis to show when values exceed a certain level on y axis)? Hi, You can find details of adding datum lines here http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "ds8854" <ds8854@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15ED7013-A68A-4298-BAFF-1F766C0F3BE6@microsoft.com... > How can I put a merker line on an exel line chart (a horizontal line from > one > value on the y axis to show when val...

Can Excel send out emails?
Our company runs with a lot of certifcates and legislation. Currently they are stored within an excel file. When they are about to expire within a month they become highlighted. The problem is that various people fail to check the file and certificates expire without anyone noticing. I would like to set up a system that when they are about to expire it will send automatically send out an email to the person responsible. Is this possible? Best regards Robert Hodge Hi Robert, This a widely used add-in from Ron de Bruin: http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm -- Kind regards, ...

Can anyone get the front and rear pages of a booklet to display?
I can merrily paste a pic onto facing INTERNAL pages of a booklet. But I can't display "facing pages" for the covers (I can print preview)... I can't get a picture to go onto the front and rear covers, the picture gets cropped to the spine. I want one picture that wraps around the covers of the booklet (4" x 8 1/2") to fit into a #10 envelope. This is kind of tricky. The best way to achieve this would be doing the procedure on an inside facing page so you can readily see what you are doing. Insert the picture, copy/paste the picture, stack the two images b...

Outlook 2003 POP save on server x days
Hi, In Outlook 2003 - Accessing POP3 Mail - When you select save on server x number of days - When does the time count for days begin? Lets say I have old E-Mails in Outlook - and on the server - I choose to leave on server 30 days - Will all E-Mail older than 30 days be removed from the server - immediately? Or will the time count 30 days from when I chose to leave them on the server - so 30 days from when I chose to leave on server for x days - they will begin being removed from the server? Thank You it's 30 days from the date you downloaded them into outlook. I...

Adding 2nd Y-axis to Excel2003 chart
I am making a simple line chart with two types of column data. I want to represent them with separate Y-axes. However, when I select the two columns of data and go through the Chart wizard the secondary Y-axis option is inaccessible. Excel 2003 help is no help as it tells me to go to the Format Menu, click Selected Data Series then click the Axis tab, but there is no such option under my format menu. How do I select the secondary Y-axis option? Hi, The chart wizard does not give you the option to place the selected data on 2 axes. You will have to do it once the chart is cre...

Change "Y" axis from integer to text
Excel 2k Is it possible to change the range on the Y axis from numbers (0-50-100) to text (low-medium-high) without just placing text boxes on the chart? Please let me know how!! You can simulate the effect. See http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DummySeries.html#VertCatAxis -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <077501c48c13$dde7a6b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Excel 2k > > Is it possible to change the range on the Y axis ...

X axis needed for Line Chart
-- FL ...

Re: 'Server XXXX Not Available.' When Trying To Add a Process Serv
Hi Mariano, We have contacted our Partner and they say that we have to pay $2,500.00 additional to get the process server as it is not the part of Systems Manager, any more. Our product say " New Enhancement plan" and I see Systems Manager is installed but not the process server.. By BRL; you mean Business ready license? "Viol-8-r" <viol-8-r@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:... > Thanks, Mariano, > Yes, we are checking it with the Partner and sure I will update you about > the outcome. > > "Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions....

can open the folder
i have 2 computer one laptop and the other desktop which they have vista premium and home vista respectively. the connection is wirless. the desk top has external usb card and the lab top is built in. i can see and open the folders of the laptop on my desktop computer, however, altough i can see the shared folders of the desktop on my laptop, i can not open the folders. i get a message access denied or folder is not accessible. can you help? thanks Before you get too involved with a wireless connection for your database, let me warn you that ...