hierarchical axis labels reverse chart

When I change a chart from single level axis labels, to multiple level
(hierarchical) data labels, the data on my chart reverses direction.
(eg. originally the newest data is on the right, after I switch to multiple
level data labels, the newer data is on the left)

Is there any way to fix this?
0
Steve3367 (862)

I still don't know why excel does this, so I simple have reversed the graph
and worked around it.

"steve" wrote:

> When I change a chart from single level axis labels, to multiple level
> (hierarchical) data labels, the data on my chart reverses direction.
> (eg. originally the newest data is on the right, after I switch to multiple
> level data labels, the newer data is on the left)
>
> Is there any way to fix this?
0
Steve3367 (862)

smooth area chart
When I make a line chart, there is a Smoothed Line option in the Format Data Series dialog box. But when I make an area chart, the line that forms the top of the area is jagged. Is there anyway to smooth the top of the area chart or other way to get the desired smoothed area chart? Like a smoothed line with shading underneath. Thanks. ...

Charting in Access-challenge
Hi, I have a problem with combining excel charts with access database. All my tables in access have date in first column and some numeric data in the others. I managed to draw the chart but I have problems with axis. y axis should be the value of the bars (data from the tables) and I constantly get dates. Id number column is used for the x axis. Everything is mixed and i don't know how to change all that. I need x axis to be date, y axis to be value and the bars in the chart to represent series that are made from other columns of the table. I can do all this in excel, but i need help wit...

Normalize the second pie in a pie of pie chart
I have Excel 2003. I'd like to have the second pie in a pie of pie chart represent 100% of the slice it details. Currently, the slices in the second pie show their percentage of the 1st pie not their percentage of the slice they come from. One of my clients insists that the second pie show percent of the slice they detail not percent of the original pie. Other than creating separate pie charts, is there a way for Excel to normalize the percentages in the second pie. Thanks, Judy H Hi, Have a look at Jon Peltier's article on Pie of Pie. mmmh pie! :) http://pubs.logicalexpressio...

Charts and Value Axis positions
I copied a worksheet (excel) with Charts and changed the source data. Now my value axis is on the right hand side of my chart and I need it back on the left hand side. Does anyone know what I should do? I am using Office 2000. Double click on the category axis, and on the scale tab, select an appropriate value for "Value axis crosses at". - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Ladybug wrote: > I copied a worksheet (excel) with Charts and changed the source data. Now my > ...

Help with "base unit" in chart axis
I have two charts. In one, when I go to "format axis" I can enter the min and max scale as dates and the entry remains as dates when I come back. I can also set the "base unit" a major and minor grid line in days, weeks, months, etc. The second chart, I do not have a base unit drop down box, and although I can enter dates in the max and min in date format and they work, when I come back the entries are in days since the start of time (38353 in 1/1/2005) And I cannot specify the units of major and minor grid lines, they are just units. Which makes it awkward for minor gi...

X-Axis Frustration
Should be a simple graph - but!!! A typical plot that I just can't make work would be for the following simple data for various aircraft: X-Axis values (cruise speed - mph) - 315 325 355 520 and 555 Corresponding Y-Axis Values (mpg) - 0.4 1.11 0.52 0.25 and 0.11 Couple of questions: 1) How do I get even increments of cruise speed on the x-axis, say 0 to 600, in even 100 increments, with data points properly spaced? 2) What is the real difference between Chart Options of Category and Automatic? Dave By making an XY chart not a Line...

printing labels
I can print word and excel documents, but when I go to print a full page of labels I can't. My printer shows a meesage to add paper when I all ready have paper. have you tried to remove the paper from the printer before printing labels? then simply feed the printer with the label paper when it asks. -- db·´¯`·...¸><)))º> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - Microsoft Partner - @hotmail.com ~~~~~~~~~~"share the nirvana" - dbZen ...

Cash flow forecast chart does not display
Recently my cash flow forecast would not display. I googled the issue and found a solution which sounded reasonable: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/browse_thread/thread/6ab159f49fe90e58/84f31b41ac5d1529?lnk=st&q=microsoft+money+cash+forecast+will+not+open&rnum=2&hl=en#84f31b41ac5d1529 However, I was disappointed when the problem persisted even after following the instructions which had to do with a possible broken bill or deposit. All scheduled bills and deposits were deleted and the cash flow forecast did not correct itself. I figured out what was causing...

Cells and Charts not updating!
I have created a large spreadsheet (80Megs), The charts and other cells just simply do not update when I make changes. Is this due to the size of the spreadsheet? Thanks, GH G Hood wrote: > I have created a large spreadsheet (80Megs), The charts > and other cells just simply do not update when I make > changes. Is this due to the size of the spreadsheet? Did you check the automatic recalculation? Tools | Options | Calculation tab | Automatic or Manual Calculation. Dave dvt at psu dot edu Yes, I have already checked, it is set to automatic calculation. >-----Original Mes...

How do I automatically update a chart range in Excel
I am trying to create charts that should automatically update. I have been trying to use the OFFSET function in the chart 'series value' to determine the chart range and this does not sem to be working. Does anyone have a suggestion with this problem. Hi, As far as I know, the chart is updated automatically when the data use in it is changed. Or did I miss something in your description? Best Regards Lub -- lshili ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lshilin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2338 View ...

Excel crashes dragging a chart
Hi all, I have a problem that I can reproduce on Excel 2000 and Excel 2003 (but not in Excel 2007). Excel crashes when I try to re-position a chart in a worksheet with (at least) a cell using data validation. If I select a cell with Data->Validation a little triangle appears close to the cell to indicate it has a pull-down menu associated. If a chart is present on the spreadsheet and I click on it the "little triangle" disappears as soon as focus is taken by the chart. In some of my spreadsheet there is a delay before the triangle disappears and if a chart is dragged at t...

Charting Web based data
With the data of say a stock price always changing, how can you chart it on a line graph to show historical plots? You can either find a site that posts historical data (often downloadable as a text or worksheet file), or write a macro that gets the price and puts it next in a column. Another approach is Stephen Bullen's trick that remembers the last X values. I don't know how it would work for daily values; I think it's for incoming data that changes rather frequently. But if you want to try, his site is at http://bmsltd.ie. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Pe...

Cell referencing on a chart
I would like to be able to reference a cell in a textbox on a chart. Ex. Cell A1 value = "12" Text box on chart = "12" I need to be able to change cell A1 and have the textbox change with it. Please give me advice on how to do this. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ 1) Click on chart to activate it 2)In formula bar, type = 3) Use mouse to point to a cell (formula now reads =Sheet1!A1 4) Click green check mark in Formula Ba...

Labels leaving a blank line where addr2 is missing
Some of my addresses have 1 address line and some have 2. In order to include all of them in the same label, I'm getting a blank line when address 2 is missing. Why won't it float if there is a blank line? -- Brenda First, check that the Section that contains your Address fields is set to Grow and Shrink. To do this, click inside that section or on the grey bar just above it but ensure that you are not selecting any controls. In the Properties box next to Can Grow and Can Shrink (like Alice In Wonderland) click Yes. 2. Click in the left margin so that you are selecting all your tex...

Bar Charts #5
I have a set of data for customers and I want to show that data for each customer for three years in a bar chart i.e. having three bars for each customer. i know it's basic and that I've done it before but I can't for the life of me remeber how I did it. Any help much appreciated!! Select the data and then use the chart wizard icon on the toolbar or insert menu>chart and follow the instructions -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "lb82" wrote...

MSPOS: Unable to print the Serial Number on a Price Label
Feature in RMS but not in MSPOS ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=fa08fa3a-4508-4511-9cb0-ced7bfa77393&dg=microsoft.public.pos ...

Line & Double Stacked Charts
Good day. I am trying to get a Double stacked chart to show a line. I can get the line by creating a secondary Axis however the line isnt where I want it. It is at the top of the tallest bar. Is there any way to get the line down to a value I want it at. Basically I am trying to create a capacity chart with two products running on one machine by month. I need the line to be at a value that is straight accross being the maximum machine capacity. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks "K" wrote: > Good day. I am trying to get a Double stacked chart to show a line...

I copied a file and now charts will not display.
I copied a file and now charts will not display. Also, cannot access the chart tools. ...

Charting an intermittent time series #2
I am trying to chart a data set. The x axis is an intermittent time series (e.g. 1pm, 1:15pm, 4pm, 11pm, 11:05pm, etc) I have one data item which is scaled from 50 to 300, another from 1 to 20, and a third which is 15 to 100. Is there a way to make a time scaled chart with the data on multiple y axis? ...

How to display a chart where number of periods vary
Hello All I have the following Excel report layout: Value Period Actual YTD Budget YTD Variance YTD =============================================================================== Net sales 001 xxxx xxx xxx Net Sales 002 xxxx xxx xxx Net sales 003 xxxx xxx xxx Net sales 004 xxxx xxx xxx Net sales 005 xxxx xxx xxx Net sales 006 xxxx xxx ...

how to get zeros to match in line-bar combo chart on 2 axes
My boss wants to use a line-bar combo chart on 2 axes, but he wants the zeros to begin on the same horizontal line on the chart. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignXon2Ys.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Electric Julie" <Electric Julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:486631A9-85E8-4431-A5E1-D282563C9395@microsoft.com... > My boss wants to use a line-bar combo chart on 2 axes, but he wants the > zeros > to begin on the same horizontal line on the chart. ...

? Make entire sheet of same-name labels using mailmerge
My art organization would like to make each member their own 'custom' sheet of artwork identification labels as a thank you gift. I am setting the project up in Publisher 2003, using Avery 5163 labels (10 labels per sheet). I have everything working great (mail-merging from an Excel file), but no matter what I have tried, I can't seem to make 'one' name print "10" times on one page of labels. I am sure this can be done somehow, because several times a year I receive personalized address labels from various organizations asking for donations. Any help is ...

deselect chart
Need to select all shapes and delete them. However there is a chart - "Chart1" - that needs to be deselected, as it needs to remain on the sheet. Have made numerous attempts, this one seems to make sense but doesn't work.... ActiveSheet.Shapes.SelectAll ActiveSheet.Shapes("Chart1").Deselect How do I select all shapes, then deselect Chart1? Thanx, - Mike I have not tried this, but it might work. Sub dk() For Each s In ActiveSheet.Shapes If s.Name <> "Chart1" Then s.Delete End If Next End Sub "MikeF"...

Time-Series Charting
I have 18 machines running during the course of the day. I would like to create a chart with 1 - 18 on the y-axis and a horizontal bar or line corresponding to the times during the day that the machine was active with time (0:00 - 23:45) on the x-axis. I have the data for the time broken into a "start time" column and and "stop time" column with the corresponding machine number in a third column: MACHINE START STOP 2 0:27 1:30 2 1:32 1:49 2 1:57 2:40 2 2:57 3:25 2 3:45 4:28 2 4:55 5:12 2 5:16 5:32 2 5:41 5:46 Thank you in advance for the help. asaylor wrote: &g...

locking bar chart colors in pivot tables
I use pivot charts frequently, and change the data displayed frequently. I would like to "lock" my stacked bar chart colors so that my largest data segment in the legend always displays blue in my stacked bars, my second largest data segment always displays red, etc. As Debra Dalgleish points out, loss of formatting is a known problem with pivot charts. There's information in the following MSKB article, suggests recording a macro as you apply the formatting: XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904 To apply colo...