Hiding zero values on a chart in Excel 2007

Hi all,

I am trying to chart a series of data points from a table which looks up
values dependant on the contents of a seperate cell with a drop down list.
The table / chart is designed to be used until the end of the year, so
obviously values after today show as blank, (there are formulas already in
the table which will allow the graph to populate over time).

Is there a way of not charting cells with a blank value in Excel 2007 to
prevent the graph displaying these data points as zero?

Thanks in advance

0
pete24919 (2)

Hi,

You need to output #N/A , using the NA() formula, instead of zero or text.

so your formula would be constructed like

=IF( <test for value> , <Value> , NA() )

The use of NA will only suppress data markers it will not break the line.
Only truly empty cells will cause line breaks

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"pete24919" <pete24919@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to chart a series of data points from a table which looks up
> values dependant on the contents of a seperate cell with a drop down list.
> The table / chart is designed to be used until the end of the year, so
> obviously values after today show as blank, (there are formulas already in
> the table which will allow the graph to populate over time).
>
> Is there a way of not charting cells with a blank value in Excel 2007 to
> prevent the graph displaying these data points as zero?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
andy9699 (3616)
10/31/2008 4:34:09 PM
Thanks Andy - this has solved the problem

Pete

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You need to output #N/A , using the NA() formula, instead of zero or text.
>
> so your formula would be constructed like
>
> =IF( <test for value> , <Value> , NA() )
>
> The use of NA will only suppress data markers it will not break the line.
> Only truly empty cells will cause line breaks
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info
> "pete24919" <pete24919@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am trying to chart a series of data points from a table which looks up
> > values dependant on the contents of a seperate cell with a drop down list.
> > The table / chart is designed to be used until the end of the year, so
> > obviously values after today show as blank, (there are formulas already in
> > the table which will allow the graph to populate over time).
> >
> > Is there a way of not charting cells with a blank value in Excel 2007 to
> > prevent the graph displaying these data points as zero?
> >
> > Thanks in advance

0
pete24919 (2)

Menu options is on auto hide. How I turned off this?
The menu on my Excell sheets is on aito-hide. How can I turned this off? In xl2003 menus: Tools|Customize|Options tab|check always show full menus Charlie wrote: > > The menu on my Excell sheets is on aito-hide. How can I turned this off? -- Dave Peterson Which version of Excel? 2003 Tools>Customize>Options Enable "Always show full menus" 2007 ??? Haven't found it yet............try help Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 08:54:10 -0800, Charlie <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The menu on my Excel...

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

hide a row
I have a worksheet with information in column A and B. If Column B has no information I want to do nothing, but if there is something in Column B, I would like to hide the row. Is this possable in an if statement? Hi not possible with a formula. This would require VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bob" <bobolah@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OSOK8hisEHA.2556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have a worksheet with information in column A and B. > > If Column B has no information I want to do nothing, but if there is > something in Column B, ...

learning Excel #3

default values in a cell

'top' is not a valid value for the 'vertical-align' property.
Well, it is, actually, and the resulting .chm file works properly in HTML Help. But it's a bit tedious getting that wrong useless error message from VS2002 on every build. (Well, not every build, it only does it sometimes actually.) Any idea how I can persuade it to stop telling me this? -- Tim Ward Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk ...

outlook 2007 e-mail

Excel VBA