Hiding labels on y axes

Some time ago, I asked about two y axes on a chart, the left of which showed
whole numbers from 0 to 16 and the right of which showed whole numbers from
0 to 55. I wanted to hide the only number above 12 on the left axis (16) and
hide all numbers below 40 on the right axis (0-35).

Jon Peltier told me to use custom number formats for both axes, [>=16]" ";0
for the left and [<40]" ";0 for the right.

That worked fine.

The chart I was then asking about was one I had created for practice.

I've now tried to create my "real" chart. The values from which the columns
on that chart are derived come from cells which are formatted as percentages
to one decimal place. That has led the labels on the two y axes each to
show, not the simple numbers 0-16 and 0-55 respectively, but the percentages
0.0% to 16.0% and 0.0% to 55.0% respectively.

The custom number formats Jon Peltier told me to use for the first chart
don't work for the second chart. If I use them unedited, they cause both y
axes to show "0" at every tick. I edited the formats myself, trying
different things, but nothing I tried achieved the correct outcome.

I'd appreciate being informed how to amend the number formats so that the
left axis shows only 0.0% to 12.0% and the right axis shows only 40.0% to
55.0%.

Thanks.

0
Leslie

Hi Leslie -

Try these:

[>=0.16]" ";0.0%

[<0.4]" ";0.0%

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Leslie wrote:

> Some time ago, I asked about two y axes on a chart, the left of which showed
> whole numbers from 0 to 16 and the right of which showed whole numbers from
> 0 to 55. I wanted to hide the only number above 12 on the left axis (16) and
> hide all numbers below 40 on the right axis (0-35).
>
> Jon Peltier told me to use custom number formats for both axes, [>=16]" ";0
> for the left and [<40]" ";0 for the right.
>
> That worked fine.
>
> The chart I was then asking about was one I had created for practice.
>
> I've now tried to create my "real" chart. The values from which the columns
> on that chart are derived come from cells which are formatted as percentages
> to one decimal place. That has led the labels on the two y axes each to
> show, not the simple numbers 0-16 and 0-55 respectively, but the percentages
> 0.0% to 16.0% and 0.0% to 55.0% respectively.
>
> The custom number formats Jon Peltier told me to use for the first chart
> don't work for the second chart. If I use them unedited, they cause both y
> axes to show "0" at every tick. I edited the formats myself, trying
> different things, but nothing I tried achieved the correct outcome.
>
> I'd appreciate being informed how to amend the number formats so that the
> left axis shows only 0.0% to 12.0% and the right axis shows only 40.0% to
> 55.0%.
>
> Thanks.

0
DOjonNOT (619)
5/8/2004 5:01:56 AM
Jon, thank you yet again for your help.

Leslie

"Jon Peltier" <DOjonNOT@SPAMpeltiertechME.com> wrote in message
> Hi Leslie -
>
> Try these:
>
> [>=0.16]" ";0.0%
>
> [<0.4]" ";0.0%
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>
> Leslie wrote:
>
> > Some time ago, I asked about two y axes on a chart, the left of which
showed
> > whole numbers from 0 to 16 and the right of which showed whole numbers
from
> > 0 to 55. I wanted to hide the only number above 12 on the left axis (16)
and
> > hide all numbers below 40 on the right axis (0-35).
> >
> > Jon Peltier told me to use custom number formats for both axes, [>=16]"
";0
> > for the left and [<40]" ";0 for the right.
> >
> > That worked fine.
> >
> > The chart I was then asking about was one I had created for practice.
> >
> > I've now tried to create my "real" chart. The values from which the
columns
> > on that chart are derived come from cells which are formatted as
percentages
> > to one decimal place. That has led the labels on the two y axes each to
> > show, not the simple numbers 0-16 and 0-55 respectively, but the
percentages
> > 0.0% to 16.0% and 0.0% to 55.0% respectively.
> >
> > The custom number formats Jon Peltier told me to use for the first chart
> > don't work for the second chart. If I use them unedited, they cause both
> > axes to show "0" at every tick. I edited the formats myself, trying
> > different things, but nothing I tried achieved the correct outcome.
> >
> > I'd appreciate being informed how to amend the number formats so that
the
> > left axis shows only 0.0% to 12.0% and the right axis shows only 40.0%
> > 55.0%.
> >
> > Thanks.

0
Leslie

Consolidate 120 pgs of individual labels into 4 sheets of 30 ?
Somehow my 120 different labels will only print 1 name per page of 30 labels. How can I merge them to print 30 different names on each label sheet? Are they actually printing one name or are you doing a Print Preview? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Bonny" <Bonny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30836EAA-5866-43F3-806E-BF98EF5EF880@microsoft.com... > Somehow my 120 different labels will only print 1 name per page of 30 > labels. > How can I merge them to print 30 different names on each label sheet? Do you have only one label o...

Unusual Y Axis Scale Question
I am trying to create what is referred to in the medical literature as a "reciprocal creatine curve." The data is rather simple -- just serum creatinine values (Y-axis) over time (X-axis), but the Y-axis scale is quite unusual. The scale is not linear and it's not logarithmic. It's a scale in which the values appear to constantly accelerate. Thus, the distance between 1 and 2 is greater than the distance between 2 and 3, the distance between 2 and 3 is greater than the distance between 3 and 4, etc. Toward the very top of the Y-axis the incremental distance between values be...

Outlook-hiding recipients addresses
How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? Put the DL name in the BCC field and put your own address in the TO field. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without > exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? ...

minor gridline labels
Is it possible to display labels for minor gridlines? I want to try and do it by using a button to select if they are displayed or not. Hi Neville, I do this using a dummy series, linked to a check box. Then I use Rob Bovey's chart labeller for the dummy series. Bit difficult to explain, but I have an eaxmple if you like. Dave "NevilleT" wrote: > Is it possible to display labels for minor gridlines? I want to try and do > it by using a button to select if they are displayed or not. Hi Dave Sounds interesting. Can I get some more information fron anywhere? &quo...

Zip code loses leading zero Mail Merge from Excel to Word Labels
Even though formatted as zip codes, I cannot get the leading zero to show in my zip codes when using Word mail merge to create address labels. Example: 04103 shows up on the label as 4103 Debra Dalgleish posted this to a similar question: There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill has instructions here: http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/CustomizingWord2002.htm abou...

#N/A And Data Labels
I created a bar graph, for each month I am displaying three items. For future months I use the value #N/A so the graph will ignore it. My problem is that the data label picks up the #N/A rather than the correct value for the last month. For example if my values are Jan=2, Feb=3, Mar=5 and Apr to Dec = #N/A, the graph prints correctly, but the Data Labels show Jan=2, Feb=3, Mar=#N/A. Any thoughts, thanks Hi Bruce, The #N/A data labels will all be clustered around the bar with the last value, in your case Mar. I think you will find Mar data label is there but covered. To get the dat...

Hide error messages?
I have error messages in a spreadsheet that show because I have not entered data in another cell. How do I keep this from showing until I enter a value in another cell that is part of the formula? =IF(Needed_Cell = "","",Formula) -- Best Regards, Luke M "Steve A" <SteveA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:951A0D56-5C06-43BE-A39F-2D9D58309A40@microsoft.com... >I have error messages in a spreadsheet that show because I have not entered > data in another cell. How do I keep this from showing until I enter a > value ...

Address Labels #2
Can't you print address labels onto normal Avery 1" X 2,5/8" from an Excel database? Trying to print labels directly from Excel and from printer to another would cause you a lot of trouble. To print labels in MS Word using Mail Merge (MS Word) from Excel see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm remember to move the worksheet tab to the far left so that it is the first worksheet. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dm...

Hiding the FQDN in POP3 session
Hi, when you telnet to the pop3 service on an exchange front/back end server, it displays the FQDN of the server. Is there a way to hide this information, as I'd rather not display it (why provide more information than is necessary?). Thanks Greg On 13 Sep 2004 00:08:31 -0700, gregk@infosecsolutions.com.au (Greg Krzeszkowski) wrote: >Hi, > >when you telnet to the pop3 service on an exchange front/back end >server, it displays the FQDN of the server. Is there a way to hide >this information, as I'd rather not display it (why provide more >information than is n...

Printing Labels from HQ #2
I have a central distribution center where all products are priced and then distributed to each location. How do I print out labels with HQ for each location? Having a copy of SO at HQ does not work as each location gets diffrent qty. Sam, We have a product called RITE Label that was designed for just such a scenario. If you would like some more information or a demo please email Rick Feuling at sales@rite.us. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises 320-230-2288 rsakry@rite.us www.rite.us "sammm" <sammm@discussions.microsoft.co...

Is there a way of attaching data labels from a text range to dat.
Is there a way of attaching data labels from a text range to data markers in xy plot chart. I'm sure I could do it in Lotus 123 You can use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler to add labels. It's a free add-in that you can download from his web site: http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Peter Sailing by wrote: > Is there a way of attaching data labels from a text range to data markers in > xy plot chart. I'm sure I could do it in Lotus 123 -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html In addition to t...

Hide and Unhide Sections of CRM form
Is it possible to hide or unhide sections of a CRM form? If it is I will use this technique to reveal sections when they are called upon to be shown. Otherwise they just take up so much unnecessary real estate. Thanks, ....Jamie This is possible through directly manipulating the CRM forms using JavaScript. However such customizations are not supported. Any customization which modifies the form outside what is documented in the SDK is, unfortunately, unsupported. -- Philip Richardson | Senior Program Manager | Customization and Settings | Microsoft CRM | Office Business Platform Group |...

Plotting a 2 sets of Y data in the X-Y same graph
The data is broken down monthly (X axis) with three or four entries per month counted on the Y axis as bars. Now I have to show the percentage breakdown of that same data on the same graph And your question is...... -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Gonzalo Garreton" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0aca01c4a256$79c2e740$a501280a@phx.gbl... > The data is broken down monthly (X axis) with three or > four entries per month counted on the Y axis as bars. Now > I have to show the percentage...

How do I change scope of Y axis scale in MS excel graphs
The range of Y axis values in MS Excel graphs far excede what I require and make the values too close together to make a meaningful picture. I would prefer to set the Y axis range myself and spread out the graph points for greater clarity, but can't seem to get this done. For example, if values are between 70 and 100, I don't need a graph with y axis values from 0 to 250. The slope of the graph is nearly a straight line with no sense of separation. Thanks for any help. JRL select the y axis, and format, scale and enter your desired min and ma -- duan ------------------...

Printing Barcode Labels
I have this app where I scan part numbers into an Access db table. I'd like to be able to print a label having the scan barcoded and other fixed fields. I will be using a Zebra Z4MPlus printer for this. I can create a form with a text box to show the scan, and a print button. I'd like to use vba to print the label via the serial port. Can I format the label in vba, and print out? ...

Global hiding null rows
I remember using years ago an add-in that would automatically hide and/or delete all rows that had zero values. Any clue as to where to find this nugget? Thanks, Pierre Hi for some VBA code: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Deletingv1.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany PierreL wrote: > I remember using years ago an add-in that would automatically hide > and/or delete all rows that had zero values. > Any clue as to where to find this nugget? > Thanks, > Pierre Dank vielmals Frank, I will use as is, but the package I referred to was some global set of func...

Name tag labels on publisher
Hi, i am trying to make labels and i got the format and what not down but i need each one to have different text/names on each single tag. how do i do that? Create a list either in Publisher or Word or your favorite data program and do a mail merge. Lots of help here: Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx If you have Publisher 2003 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "chamber" <chamber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBDD3D20-94B...

change font of all data labels at once
I have excel 2003. How do you change the font/font size of all the labels at one time? I can click on each one and do them one at a time but surely there's a way to do them all at once? :) Thanks Hi, You should be able to select all the data labels from 1 series at a time and apply formatting. Either you can click a label twice which in effect selects that individual data label or you have multiple series each containing 1 data point. Cheers Andy Meenie wrote: > I have excel 2003. How do you change the font/font size of all the labels at > one time? I can click on each one...

Retrieving linked label formula with VBA
Dear group, I linked datalabels of a chart with cells (by selecting a single label, typing "=", clicking the cell to link with and then enter). Now I want to get the label's formula with VBA, but I only get the value with objPoint.DataLabel.Text. I am missing something like objPoint.DataLabel.Formula. Currently I use XL 2003. Any good ideas? Thanks in advance, Holger. hi, Holger ! > I linked datalabels of a chart with cells (by selecting a single label > typing "=", clicking the cell to link with and then enter). > Now I want to get the label's for...

What's happen with my label
I have an option value with four options. I write some code behind 'on click' event of the frame.But there is something strange, Option group's label become disable when the option group value is 2 or 4.What's wrong with that label. Unless we see the code behind your frame, it will be impossible to assist you. "New_Access" wrote: > I have an option value with four options. > I write some code behind 'on click' event > of the frame.But there is something strange, > Option group's label become disable when > the option group value is 2 or...

how do I hide anchors?

Excel charts -retaining subscript in labels from worksheet data
Excel 2007 - Chemical formulae entered in cells using format to show subscript, however normal font shows on formula bar. When copied and pasted elsewhere, or when used in chart subscript characters show as normal font. Help! Hi Polly, Your problem is quite analogous to the repeatedly discussed Chemical Legend. Luckily enough, there are Chemical fonts that include numeral subscripts and superscripts as individual characters. If you apply these specific fonts in the place of your (most frequently used) basic fonts: Arial or Times New Roman, you are able to write down chemical formula...

How to colntrol location of category X axis labels on a bar chart?
How to colntrol location of category X axis labels on a bar chart? usually data have only positive values, category X axis labels are in the left side of vertical axis (see labelsOK.jpg). When values are all negative, labels are crossing bars (see labels03.jpg). Basically labels are always to the left from vertical axis (see labels01.jpg and labels02.jpg) which is not always visually appealing. Is there a way to have labels for case when data are all negative, located to the right from the axis and axis itself indented from chart border, so it will be a mirror image of labelsOK.jpg (see...

Incorrect price printing on labels
Hello, We printed labels for items the other day and the wrong price printed on the label for two of the items in the label run. We have two stores, one set up as a warehouse. The price was correct in both store databases, and in Headquarters Manager. We are running RMS 1.3. Does anyone have an idea or suggestion about where this incorrect price came from? Apparently, it was an old price, but we cannot find reference to it in SOM or HQM. Thank you for your help. Brenda ...

Hide button New:<entityname>
Hi, Under Contacts I've created a new 1 to many relationship to a custom entity called Employments. This entity in it's turn is related to Accounts. From the Account records I don't want the users to have the ability to create new Employments records. They schould only do this from the Contacts side. Is there any way to hide the New: Employments button under Accounts? If yes, how? Thanx, Bertil what about making the " Create " blank in secruity role of entity ( i assume its employment ) ? In this way , users would not be able to create new employment records .....