Hide Alternate Labels on Date Axis

Hi,

I'm having trouble trying to hide every other label along a horizontal
date axis. I start on the 01-Jan up to 10-Jan and through using the
'Format Axis'->'Scale'->'Major Unit' and setting this to 2 I can hide
the labels: '02-Jan'; '04-Jan'; etc.

However, I want to hide the odd dates: '01-Jan'; '03-Jan'; etc. I have
tried the various combinations with the dialog box but can't get
anything to work.

Should I be using a custom formula or something?

Any help is much appreciated.

Paul.

In article <1168177092.892944.182090@42g2000cwt.googlegroups.com>,
pablito108@gmail.com says...
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble trying to hide every other label along a horizontal
> date axis. I start on the 01-Jan up to 10-Jan and through using the
> 'Format Axis'->'Scale'->'Major Unit' and setting this to 2 I can hide
> the labels: '02-Jan'; '04-Jan'; etc.
>
> However, I want to hide the odd dates: '01-Jan'; '03-Jan'; etc. I have
> tried the various combinations with the dialog box but can't get
> anything to work.
>
> Should I be using a custom formula or something?

How about just starting the x-axis at Dec. 31?

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

Hide multiple rows when particular cell is zero
Hi All, Can anyone tell me how I can hide multiple rows when a particular cell is zero? It has to go automaticly, so no buttons... When D37=0, hide rows 37-48 When D49=0, hide rows 49-58 When D59=0, hide rows 59-68 When D69=0, hide rows 69-78 When D79=0, hide rows 79-88 etcetera. How can help me with this macro?? Thanks in advanced. Best regards, BL Hi, What should happen if e.g. D38 = 0? Maybe this applied to the desired sheet: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim a, rng As Range Set rng = Range("D37:D1000") For Each a In rng ...

Cannot schedule an appointment for any day but the current date???
Hi. I'm running Outlook 2000 on Win2K and recently reformatted and performed a clean install. When clicking on a specific date to schedule an appointment in Calendar, the current date always appears in the date fields. After entering the proper date & information and saving, the appointment appears from the date I selected back to the current date. I am clueless, and wonder if I am overlooking a simple checkbox option. I ran the "Detect and Repair" utility and then reinstalled Office 2000 over the existing install, both to no avail. Thanks for your feedback. John New Orl...

How do I change the date taken on a picture using MS picture manag
I have pictures taken with a canon power shot a520. I want to change the date picture was taken. How do I do that? Podo373 <Podo373@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have pictures taken with a canon power shot a520. I want to change > the date picture was taken. How do I do that? This newsgroup is for the discussion of and asking questions related to the Microsoft Publisher product. What does this question have to do with Microsoft Publisher? See here for a tool to edit EXIF data: http://www.colorpilot.com/exif.html -- Ed Bennett - MVP Micr...

Hide column based on data value
I use auto-filter to switch a spreadsheet between a terse view and verbose view. Column B is auto-filtered, and it's either blank or non-blank. Call it a "tag column." Some column B cells have constants; others, formulas. It works fine. Can the same effect be achieved somehow to hide columns rather than rows? I'd like one row to be a "tag row." Then, I'd like to switch between terse view and verbose view by hiding columns based on what's in the tag row for each column. Can you suggest an easy way to do this without VBA? The "custom views" f...

Automatic Date in Word Document
I need to create a document that I will be sent as an attachment to an email. I want the document to automatically reflect the date the document was sent. I do want to open the document itself. How do I do this? Thank you. -- valerie The only dates that are available to you are 1. A date that you manually enter into the document 2. The date on which the document was created (by use of the { CREATEDATE } field 3. The date that the document was last saved (by use of the { SAVEDATE } field 4. The date upon which the document was printed ( by use of the { PRINTDATE...

Macro to select files with specific dates from a folder
I would appreciate your help to create a macro. I have a folder with a particular date say Aug 2006 and it contains various files with specific dates say 1st August, 2nd August etc and some with different date format. The macro should pick up only those files with dates 1st August, 2nd August and NOT select the files with the different date format and deposit these selected files into a new folder named Aug 2007. I want to make the macro code as generic as possible. Thanks, Amit Check out this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/folder.htm See the macro Copy_Files_Dates -- Regards Ron de Br...

Can't create address labels with an image / graphic
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am using MS Word for MAC - version 2008 and can't for the life of me create a page of labels with a graphic. <br><br>The old 2004 version worked beautifully. I could pull up a blank template (ex. 5160), group the graphic and text box in one cell, then select &quot;Tools -> Labels&quot; and that would create an entire page of that design. I got the 08 version, and now I can't do a thing. That process just gets me another blank template. <br><br>Not sure how many people...

Date Selection for Pivot Table
I build some pivot tables for our laboratuary. They contains daily analysis results. I want a solution to: 1-) User can enter week number and then daily analysis for that week appears day by day on a pivot table. Example: Input: 49 Output:29/11/2004---> 05/12/2004 on pivot table and regarding data 2-) User can enter month and than daily analysis for that month appears day by day on a pivot table. Example: Input 11 Output:01/11/2004--->30/11/2004 on pivot table and regarding data Thanks a lot ...

Date and Time setup
I work at a 24 hour job we take readings every hour. I want to have the date autofill a cell as the current date but our sheet changes at 0700 every day. So if the sheet is worked on at 0100 the date needs to be for the past day starting at 0700, if the time for the current day changes to 0800 the cell will display the new date. ie: 0100hrs = 4/18/06 0600hrs = 4/18/06 0800hrs = 4/19/06 etc... =TODAY()-(A1<=TIME(7,0,0))*1 HTH -- AP "Joe" <jdbarnes63@earthlink.net> a �crit dans le message de news:28db731403ef4144bf9b3800591a428e@ureader.com... > I work at a 24 ho...

Printing labels, a second blank page is "printing" ?can i stop it
I put artwork for labels and selected the label maker and number that i am printing on. The printer feeds a blank sheet through and then prints on the second sheet each time. In publisher when I look at the document and do a print preview, it only shows the 1 page. What do I need to adjust to be able to print on every page? Now I have to put 20 sheets of labels in the printer to get 10 printed pages and I have to recycle the blank label sheets. ...

filtering dates within this week
I have a series of dates. How can i filter dates that are within this week? thanks I would add another column to represent the year and week number. Then filter on that. Excel has its own =weeknum() function (requires installation of the analysis toolpak in xl2003 and below). But week numbers mean different things to different people/groups/organizations. I'd start with Ron de Bruin's site if excel's =weeknum() isn't sufficient: http://www.rondebruin.nl/weeknumber.htm http://www.rondebruin.nl/isodate.htm Lynn wrote: > > I have a series of dates. How can i filter d...

Sorting by Date and Time
I transformed some data to an excel file. I tried to sort those data by date and time, however it didn’t work. I also tried to change the format of the date to like “mar 2 98” or “03/02/98”, but the appearance is always “3/2/98”. It just refuse to change the format. It would be appreciated if anybody could help with this. Hi when you right mouse click on one of the cells, go into format / cells & choose the number tab, click on general ... what does it say under the word sample on the right hand side? Cheers JulieD "plumstone" <plumstone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

DATE Formulas #2
Hello, I wrote last time: I want to know what I will get paid TODAY, THIS WEEK or by the MONTH. I don't know how to get the Day (C2),Week (D2) and Month.(E2). Thanks for those who helped. Now: I must add that if today is Thursday I need to know what I will get paid Thursday - Saturday for the week and from the 29th - 30th of the month. In other words for the week and Month calculations it must be going forward from the current day not for the entire week or month if that time has past. If the weekday is Tuesday then I need from Tuesday to Saturday. What formula can I use to accomplish this...

Auto-exclusion of data labels for zero values
Hi guys, xl97 question. Is there a way to have data labels enabled** for all points plotted but with the labels automatically *excluded* for any zero values ? The exclusion is desired for aesthetic reasons. **e.g.: via Data Labels > Show value in say, Format Data Series dialog I find that these "zero" values showing on say, a column chart, have to be individually selected and removed on each series in a chart, a pretty tedious task. The values plotted are derived through formula and there would always be a couple of points here and there evaluating to zero values from time-to...

Date Prompts in Subreport
Is it possible to combine 2 reports together if they are both based on queries that require date prompts? The reason I am asking is that I have 2 reports of employee time, each for a different department. Both are based on queries that have the criteria Between [Beginning Date:] and [Ending Date:]. That way, when each report is generated, the user can select the date range to display. Now, I am trying to combine them so that they both show up on the same report. I tried making one a subreport of another, but when I try to run the report, I keep getting the date prompts over and ove...

Changing how Excel INTERPRETS dates
Anybody know how to change the way Excel interprets dates? For the lif of me I can't remember. I don't just mean reformatting a cell. I mean if one would typ "8/11/04" Excel would read this as November 08, 2004 and not August 11 2004. Any hope would be much appreciated, Dav -- dgreenfiel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dgreenfield's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1629 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27689 Hi this is defined in your Windows - Region...

How can I remove an unused shortcut label from a Worksheet row?
I put a macro shortcut on Row 1 of a worksheet using Forms controls. Now I no longer need this shortcut; I've deleted the associated macro and am now left only with a labelled box which I cannot remove using the Help suggestions. -- tanda You should be able to delete it. Press the F5 key, click on Special, select Objects click on OK It should now be selected - press the Delete key to get rid of it. "tanda" wrote: > I put a macro shortcut on Row 1 of a worksheet using Forms controls. Now I > no longer need this shortcut; I've deleted the associated macro and...

Two columns on X-axis
How can I get a 90 degrees text alignment on x-axis from two columns. It's only column B taht rotate. Column A is still horisontel. The serie in column C gives a graf. Select whatever it is you want rotated 90=B0 Press Ctrl + 1 On the Alignment tab, under Orientation, set it to 90=B0 Click OK ...

How do I change the category axis number formatting in a Pivot Ch.
I have created a Pivot Chart from Excel data (Excel 2000) and I need to figure out how to change the category axis number formatting. Currently, the dates in the chart are showing up in long form (01/01/2005) and I would like to change this to something shorter like 1/01. I changed the formatting of the data in the original raw data and then in the Pivot Table, but neither of these seemed to change the Pivot Chart formatting. When I right click on the category axis, I do not get the option the change the number formatting (I do for the value axis however). ...

Charting only the dates shown
I am using Excel 2007 and have a chart of dates and accompanying data. Excel is being very nice and adding in all the missing dates for me. I do not want it to do this. How can I tell Excel to just plot the data that it sees thankyouverymuch? Basically I am plotting a burndown chart and am excluding weekends because no work is done at that time. Excel adds in the weekend dates. Right click the axis, choose Format. Find where there are the three choices for axis type: Automatic, Text, and Date. Change to Text and Excel will no longer try to make a complete set of dates. - Jon ------- J...

cost of Inventory at a past date...? In RMS 2.0
Hi, Does anyone figured out a way of knowing what the invntory was on Dec 31 2009? I can't find a report that would give me that info. RMS 2.0 Thanks, Sacha This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0062_01CAF8F0.C2C6D310 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Sacha, Check with Ryan @ RITE rsakry@rite.us as they have a custom report. = www.rite.us --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w (Stolen from DRS) =3D...

Date Format #8
Dear friends, Everytime I type the Date of 10 Dec. 2005 as 10/12/2005, it converted to 12/10/2005 and it refused to be modified when I try to adjust it from FormatCells. -- Regards, ------------------------------------------------- Mahmoud Metwally Ali Jaicorp IT Manager Office Tel. : (202) 3471495/361 Mob. : (2010) 5195169 Look in the Control Panel>Regional Settings and make sure that you don't have English (United States) selected. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mahmoud Metwaly" <m.metwally@jaicorp.com.eg> wrote in message news:OvoRcV$dFHA.3012@tk2msftngp...

Hide connection string in SQL pass through
Hi, We are using MS access front end to a Oracle back end database. A number of the forms use pass-through queries. We are using a global user name and password to create the pass-throughs so that all users can access the data. However that user name and password is visible in the pass-through. Is there any way to hide login information in the connection string ? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Thangam ...

Y axis tilte does not appear properly in Excel
when preparing chart I was adding title for axis, it shows the title properly, after that when I complete the chart the Y axix title does not appear properly, it can not complete the title, for example; my title was "Mean Monthly Simulated Streamflow, cfs" it appeared as "Mean Monthly Simulated Streamflo" or "Mean Month" How can I drag the title or increase the extension of the titile bar? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks In some combinations of monitor (particularly widescreen), screen resolution setting, and window zoom, the Y axis title can be trunc...

CRM mail merge of date attributes showing both Date & Time
Hi Mail Merge of date attribute to MS Word is showing up with both date and time components. Eventhough the date attribute is formatted as 'Date Only' in CRM and it only shows just the Date on the CRM screen. However when mail merging the same Date attribute to Microsoft word, bith Date & Time shows up in the document. What can we do to make the time component disappear? thanks Kyaw What you can do is use Merge Fields in Word to format the CRM field to only show the date .... so after you insert the Date field into your Word document, do the following: - Push Alt + F9 ...