Hide a chart

My Boss is working with Excel 97 and I'm in 2007...he hid a chart in his
version and I cannot unhide it...have looked everywhere and tried all sorts
of commands with no result...anyone else having this problem?
0
a9969 (81)

Hi,

Assuming he hid the sheet - choose Home, Format, Hide & Unhide, Unhide Sheet.

If the chart has been hidden using the 2003 Objects, Hide command - choose
Office Button, Excel Options, Advanced, Display options for this workbook,
For objects, show: All.
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"E Gray R&A" wrote:

> My Boss is working with Excel 97 and I'm in 2007...he hid a chart in his
> version and I cannot unhide it...have looked everywhere and tried all sorts
> of commands with no result...anyone else having this problem?
Does he know what he did (oh yeah, the boss, probably not). He may have
deleted the rows or columns under the chart. This doesn't delete the chart,
it merely makes its height or width equal to zero. You could try a macro
like this:

Sub FattenUpCharts()
    Dim ChOb As ChartObject
    For Each ChOb In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects
        If ChOb.Height < 1 then ChOb.Height = 200
        If ChOb.Width < 1 then ChOb.Width= 300
    Next
End Sub

If in fact the chart has been made invisible, you could try this:

Sub ShowTheCharts()
    Dim ChOb As ChartObject
    For Each ChOb In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects
        ChOb.Visible = True
    Next
End Sub

In 2007, you can go to Find and Select (far right of the Home tab), and
choose Selection Pane. This lists all shapes on the active sheet, visible or
hidden, and you can check the box to make each one visible.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"E Gray R&A" <E Gray R&A@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Boss is working with Excel 97 and I'm in 2007...he hid a chart in his
> version and I cannot unhide it...have looked everywhere and tried all
> sorts
> of commands with no result...anyone else having this problem?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Bubble chart question #2
I suspect not many of you are using bubble charts, but I am trying to verify whether I have a problem or if Excel does. Excel 2007 bubble chart using the following data: X Y Size -16 -4 5 -13 -15 2 -8 0 3.5 -4 -19 3 -2 -10 4 0 -4 3 0 14 3.5 8 -19 4 9 5 2 11.5 -5 4 The X-axis data does not plot the negative values correctly, they are all on the positive side. It appears that this feature preforms the same way in 2003. I realize that I can plot this using other chart types, but.... Any comments would be appreciated. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Deve...

not wanting #div/0 to chart as zero
Good afternoon, I have several reports, updated monthly, that until that month has passed, contain formulas that return results of #div/0. These reports are all charted and I would not to have the #div/0 not be on the chart as a zero value. My current formula is simple: =sum(d3+g3)/c3 Is there a formula I could use to have this value return as #N/A? Thank you for your time and help! Firstly, I don't understand what you expecting the SUM function to do in your formula. In what way do you intend SUM(D3+G3) to be different from (D3+G3) ? Is there some subtlety of the SUM functi...

Charts' titles and labels
For some reason the charts' labels and titles in a workbook keep reverting to a Font size 1 every time the data is refreshed. I manually change it to the correct font and it once again reverts to 1. Is there a default somewhere that I am not changing? Thanks for your help. ...

Formatting a chart -
I have a chart of type stock, sub-type high-low-close. I format the chart to make it look the way I want, but then when I select a different datarange all of the formatting goes away. This doesn't happen with any other type of chart that I have built. Does anybody know why the formatting would be dropped? Why would selecting a slightly different datarange drop all of the formatting? For example if I chart row Jan - June and format the chart. Then go back into the data and select Feb - July, all the formatting drops, fonts change, line colors change etc. Email me with any questi...

trendline going below points in the chart
I have a burndown graph, so the trendline has a negative slope. I'm only interested in the X-intercept. How do I keep the trendline from exceeding the normal bounds of the chart? When it goes down to -2000, it shrinks the rest of the chart so that it can't be seen and is useless. Thanks, Brad. Brad - You can double click on an axis, and on the Scale tab of the dialog box that pops up, set the axis minimum and maximum that you want. This prevents data series or trendlines from redrawing the chart scales. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Service...

Saving a chart as a picture file
Hi everyone. It is possible to save a chart as a picture (*.gif, *.jpg, etc.)? What I've been doing so far is saving the file as a web page, opening the page in internet explorer and then saving the chart as a picture file. However, when I do this the chart is not saved as a large file - this method is also too time consuming, since I am dealing with 70+ charts. Thanks for any help. Fred. I think he wants Walkenbach's chart tools: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm Jon Peltier wrote: > Fred - > > You want VBA's Chart.Export method. Here's...

Relative reference Chart data
Hi, This is probably easier than I make it out to be but here goes. I'm making a list of references I've been using for a research paper in excel and because the list is quite large (50 sources) I wanted to visually depict how useful each reference is. So I created a bubble chart with "relevance" on the x-axis and "quality of the source" on the y-axis which references a 1-4 scale for relevance and quality. That works fine, but when I want to sort references, let's say by date, the references for the chart data are absolute, which means if a Row is sorted up or ...

how do I define a chart series with an indirect reference
I've made a XY scattergram that I want to copy for use to other workbooks with other data series. The exact part of the data series to be displayed in the chart varies between workbooks. In the data series for the chart, I'd like to include an indirect reference that will define the first and the last dat point to be displayed. How can I achieve this? A related question: how can I copy charts beween workbooks in a way that the reference to the original workbook is not being copied at the same time. I.e. I want the displayed data to be taken from the workbook I'm copying the ...

Unable to access charts or chart wizard
I am able to access all the cells in my worksheet, but not able to click on the chart wizard icon (greyed out) or the charts (ignores clicks anywhere on a chart). All advice will be appreciated. Stupid clot! I had numerous worksheets selected as a group.......... "SouthAfricanStan" <me@there> wrote in message news:%23zydK0E7GHA.4620@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I am able to access all the cells in my worksheet, but not able to click on >the chart wizard icon (greyed out) or the charts (ignores clicks anywhere >on a chart). All advice will be appreciated. > ...

Excel 2007 and chart as chartsheet
I have code that moves a new chart from its worksheet to a chartsheet and changes its orientation to portrait. The resulting chart only fills about two thirds of the page. There is a big blank area at the bottom. I can manually change the plotarea to make it fill the entire page, but I can not do so via any VBA statement I have tried. And of course the recorder doesn't record htis action! Can anyone suggest a cure (other than Excel 2003 <grin>) Bob Found the solution. When the chart is first moved to a chart sheet, it is landscape and the height and width of the char...

hierarchical axis labels reverse chart
When I change a chart from single level axis labels, to multiple level (hierarchical) data labels, the data on my chart reverses direction. (eg. originally the newest data is on the right, after I switch to multiple level data labels, the newer data is on the left) Is there any way to fix this? I still don't know why excel does this, so I simple have reversed the graph and worked around it. "steve" wrote: > When I change a chart from single level axis labels, to multiple level > (hierarchical) data labels, the data on my chart reverses direction. > (eg. origina...

Floating Charts #2
Hi I have a set of data shown below. I would like to show them on a floating graph with the High and the Low for each set of data (e.g. A's hi and low) connected together using a line with a cross and the end to show the high and the low. A B C D E F Low 45 15 12 10 10 15 Hi 52 25 45 80 15 125 I can do it using a floating bar - but it doesn't really achieve the effect I'm after. Anyone got any useful tips? Cheers Noy Hi, Start by creating a line chart. Format one of the series. Format dialog, Options tab, High-Low lines. Now format each series to have no Border and ...

Chart sheet causing error
Hi all, I'm having a problem at the last line of this code: For Each ws In Workbooks(sFile).Sheets If ... Then cboSheet.AddItem ws.Name End If Next The problem occurs when I step into a chart sheet, which results in a type mismatch error. Why does that happen how do you handle that? Gustaf You probably have ws defined as a variable of type worksheet. Either change it to Object, or outsort the charts n the code. HTH Bob "Gustaf" <gustafl@algonet.se> wrote in message news:ulMjdDCmKHA.1536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi all, &g...

2 Data Sets on Pie Chart
I would like to show our brand shares AND the share change vs. previous year in a pie chart. I can show the percentage (share), but I haven't been able to add the share pt change to each piece of pie. I tried using secondary axis on the pie chart, but it charted the changes instead of associating it with the share axis. I'm using Excel 2002. Currently, I'm linking text boxes to the share point change for each of the 5-10 brands, but that's getting really messy, and I have to manually move the text boxes every month. Can this be done? Any help is appreciated. Hi Pa...

Access 2007 Pivot Table Chart
I've created a Pivot Chart and would like to add value labels to the columns. Is that possible? ...

Word 2007 embedded Chart data Fill or Autofill
Is it possible, using Word 2007, to perform a Fill or an Autofill operation on an embedded (unlinked) chart? The chart was created earlier within Word. Initially, I was thinking about the newer style, where two adjacent cells are populated, selected, then the Fill handle is dragged to the last cell of the Fill. I created a macro in excel, of which I pasted a portion to my word chart. After modifying the Range (as I understand is different in Word), I found it did not work. Below is what I have in my code. After looking through the Word Object Browser and using Help, I don't...

Statistical Process Control chart
Has anyone drawn SPC Chart in Microsoft Excel? Hi, Maybe have a look here http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html http://www.processtrends.com/pg_charts_control_chart.htm Cheers Andy Tang Leep Boon wrote: > Has anyone drawn SPC Chart in Microsoft Excel? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Stacked Bar chart
I need to present a portfolio of loans on a bar chart for 4 end of months split into currencies (there 3 currencies). I created a stacked bar chart (a single bar is split into 3 colors, each representing a different currency). Each bar has a value label. But I also need to include the label showing the percentage share of each currency in the total portfolio. How can I achieve this? Hi, Start by calculating the % Share in the spreadsheet. Say in column D. In column E create a concatenated formula such as =C1&" - "&D1 where C1 contains the value label you mentioned...

Chart w/Secondary Axis
I'm trying to create a chart that shows dollar values on one side and % on the other. There are a total of 5 data series that need to show on the secondary axis, ranging from -3% to 45%. I can not get all of the data series to show up on the chart. I've been able to get 2 of the 5 to show up by just right clicking around the chart. I've changed the range of values on the secondary axis to show -5% to 50% and they still don't show up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Don't use the built in types with two axes. Put all your data into the chart using a ...

Can't print and the chart is missing in a new sheet
Here's my problem: I bought my laptop which came with Vista Home and with Office 2007 60 days-trial version. I installed Acrobat Pro and updated to the version 8.0. The Acrobat buttons in the Office applications never worked, so I created my PDFs printing with the "Acrobat PDF Converter" printer. Everything worked fine until November when the Office trial period expired. I started working with OpenOffice without problems (by the way, the Acrobat buttons in OpenOffice did work). Three months later I get sick of OpenOffice and I bought the Office 2007 license. I entered the...

Scatter chart
I am trying to create a scatter chart for names on a map(boats in a boat yard) I want to supply the x & y values of the boat position and have the name of the boat displayed at that point. Is it possible, because I am finding if I supply x & y values Excel seems to interpret that as 2 series of numbers Help gratefully received Thanks Phil Let's say your Boat names are in A2:A10, the X value is B2:B10 and the Y Value is C2:C10 Create a scatter chart for your X Y values as you would normally do. You'll need an addon like Rob Bovey's XYChartLabeler. It can be f...

Chart MEnu Bar Missing
Occasionally my Excel worksheets will no thave the Chart Menu Bar attached to them but will have them on different worksheets. The Chart Menu Bar is the one with File, Edit View, etc. Is there a reason it is missing and if so how do I return it? Thanks, Ryan You probably havent selected the chart toolbar. If it isnt selected it will only appear when you open a sheet that has a chart on it. But then it will not reappear when you close the sheet and restart Excel. Just open excel, select view\toolbars\chart from the menu and then restart Excel. Should work. Jamie, we are not talkin...

Conditional Formatting in data table of a chart
I'm using Excel 2007, and trying to apply conditional formatting to the data table of a line chart. I've tried creating the chart without the formatting applied to cells with the original data (data source), and then applying the format to the source; as well as creating the chart after applying the format to the source. The data table in the chart will naturally update with changed data since it is linked, but will not incorporate any style formatting. Any thought? Thanks. Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible. They do not, for example, support conditional fo...

Paste Special Problem w/ Excel Chart
Microsoft states ... To paste Excel data or a chart into a PowerPoint slide On the Edit menu, click Paste Special. To paste the data as an Excel range, so that when you double-click the range in the presentation you can edit it with Excel, click Microsoft Excel Worksheet Object. If data is cut off, double-click the object and resize the columns to show all the data. THE PROBLEM!! Several columns of data are being "cut off", and nothing I do will get them to appear in the slide. I have tried several Excel files with charts, and everyone of them cuts off the same columns...

create chart from daily data and add trend lines for each week
Excel 2003 Is there a way to create a chart using daily data and create a trend line for each week. The data does not have an Saturday's or Sunday's. My data looks like this. Date Output Input 2/15/2010 229 215 2/16/2010 441 153 2/17/2010 205 43 2/18/2010 283 138 2/19/2010 609 121 2/22/2010 272 136 2/23/2010 373 16 2/24/2010 193 176 2/25/2010 339 358 2/26/2010 533 238 3/1/2010 374 252 3/2/2010 244 269 3/3/2010 306 216 3/4/2010 297 229 3/5/2010 538 202 3/8/2010 235 373 3/9/2010 446 410 3/10/2010 385 335 3/1...