Help with variables for chart

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can point me to a tutorial or helpsite with information
as I can't seem to find any.

I set up a basic Access database to record stats for my team (it's a contact
centre).  However, I've now found that the Agent PC's don't have Access,
just Excel and Word, so I'm trying to put together something similar.

What I had:  The Agent chooses a start and end day for their stats.  This
displays all the data for that time (incoming calls answered, talk time,
wrap, idle) and creates a chart for each stat.  In addition, it also
includes the average for the whole team as well, so the Agent can see how
they are performing against the team average.

I want to create something similar in Excel but, to be honest, I have no
idea how to create a chart that takes dates from two cells, the name of the
Agent (or their ID), collects their stats but also the average of the teams
and then uses that data in the graph.

Can anyone direct me by any chance.  Hope the above makes sense.

With thanks in advance,

Charlie

0
capture (3)

Could you clarify what you want in a sample graph?   I'm not clear what you
want the graph to look like and what the source data for that graph would
be.

"Charles" <capture@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm hoping someone can point me to a tutorial or helpsite with information
> as I can't seem to find any.
>
> I set up a basic Access database to record stats for my team (it's a
contact
> centre).  However, I've now found that the Agent PC's don't have Access,
> just Excel and Word, so I'm trying to put together something similar.
>
> What I had:  The Agent chooses a start and end day for their stats.  This
> displays all the data for that time (incoming calls answered, talk time,
> wrap, idle) and creates a chart for each stat.  In addition, it also
> includes the average for the whole team as well, so the Agent can see how
> they are performing against the team average.
>
> I want to create something similar in Excel but, to be honest, I have no
> idea how to create a chart that takes dates from two cells, the name of
the
> Agent (or their ID), collects their stats but also the average of the
teams
> and then uses that data in the graph.
>
> Can anyone direct me by any chance.  Hope the above makes sense.
>
> With thanks in advance,
>
> Charlie

0
breinhardt (272)
11/11/2004 1:27:28 PM
"Barb Reinhardt" <breinhardt@replytonewsgroup.com> wrote in message
> Could you clarify what you want in a sample graph?   I'm not clear what
you
> want the graph to look like and what the source data for that graph would
> be.

My apologies - you're right.

There would be 4 graphs (one each for calls taken, wrap, idle and talktime).

X axis - Date (as chosen by Agent - they only want to see specific data)
Y axis - Figure from 1 upto highest figure for current stat in chart

On each chart would be a line graph with the following lines:
1)  The daily stat for the Agent.
2)  The average daily stat for the whole team.
3)  The benchmark that the Agent should be hitting.

(example at: http://www.geocities.com/charles_dunhill/chart.gif )

However, it needs to be variabe, so that each agent will be able to choose
their name from a list, choose a start and end date and that the average
column would be automatically worked out by the chart (eample of how data
will be stored is at http://www.geocities.com/charles_dunhill/data.gif )

Hope that makes more sense. :)

Cheers!

Charlie

0
capture (3)
11/11/2004 3:46:36 PM
Charles -

In this article I show how to set up a dynamic chart that lets a user select what
data to chart by date using scrollbars.

   http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246

On this web page I show how to use a dropdown or listbox to select which series to plot.

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html

The trick is in how the dynamic ranges are defined.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Jon Peltier" <jonREMOVExlmvp@peltierCAPStech.com> wrote in message
> Charles -
>
> In this article I show how to set up a dynamic chart that lets a user
select what
> data to chart by date using scrollbars.
>
>    http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246
>
> On this web page I show how to use a dropdown or listbox to select which
series to plot.

>    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html
>
> The trick is in how the dynamic ranges are defined.

Jon, these are excellent.  Thanks for taking the time to post them, it's
appreciated.

Cheers.

Charlie

0
capture (3)

default appointment times problems
When i re-open outlook and go to the calender, all the appointments times have changed to 1am on the start day - 1am on the day after it waqs meant to finish. So a 12 day appointment is now shown as over 2 days. How do you change the default appointment time settings so an appointment which is just typed into the day is from 9am - 5pm for example and will stay as a 1 day event when opening and closing outlook? All day events are 12 -12, not 9-5. If you want it 9-5, you need to make it for 9-5. All day appointment change to 1 -1 if you change the time zone or DST settings aft...

Is is me? Or is Excel 2007 Charting Lame?
Maybe I'm missing something. If so, let me know. The process of creating a chart is unintuitive and cumbersome. A big step backwards from 2003. The manual says to just select your data and insert the chart. What I find is that 95% of the time, I have to re-do the data selection. If I highlight two columns and insert the graph, Excel thinks both columns are two different series instead of x and y axis. I create two columns, label one of them "X", one of them "Y". Put some numbers below that. Now insert an XY chart. One would think that it could figure out "...

100% Stacked Bar chart, two bars, want percent as well as real value
I am attempting to chart the following: Series 1 - Values over the prior 30 days Series 2 - Values over the prior 12 months I would like to show both data series as 100% bar charts, so users of the information can compare percentage of the last 30 days with percentage of the same piece of data over the last 12 months. So, for example the two data series might look like this: Series 1 20 25 45 65 Series 2 211 324 403 822 I want to display both the actual value, and the percentage of the total, for each series, in the labels. For some reason, showing percentage is not an option. Why is th...

Help with functions
If I have the following formula in a worksheet to bring up a message box =IF((F4-E4)>=10,Amend()+F4-E4,F4-E4) How can I use a function to transfer some information from different cells to a new worksheet if the formula above works? You can't have a function transfer information to another cell, it will return it's info in the cell where it's located, you would need a formula(s) in the cells where you want this information. Otherwise you would need VBA Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Monty" wrote: > If I have the following formula in a worksheet to bring up a me...

HELP!!!!!!!!
I am getting alot of spam sent to my domain that does not have an actual email address. The problem is that the server then tries to send a message to the sender (who is bogus) with a delivery failure. My ISP has since shut down may mail once already. How can i stop the server from responding to mail coming in with incorrect adresses. I am using exchange 2k3 and windows enterprise edition 2k3. I am new to exchange and still in the process of learning it. Any help would really be appreciated. Are the SMTP addresses incorrect or are they blank? You can configure Exchange's Sender F...

Help from Dave Peterson
Dave, Please see thread headed "Copying multiple sheets from one book 2 another and undertake special " dated 2/8/05. I have added some more text in there as I have finally got round to doing it and have experienced some problems. My name shows up as "Ann" rather than Pank as my good lady has been using my account. Thanks ...

Numbers Chart
I need a 10x10 chart of numbers 1-100 with the numbers vertical. I'm sure there is a quickie way to do it. thanks, CB -- C and A Bredt Top left corner of chart: =ROW(A1)+10*(COLUMN(A1)-1) Copy to a 10x10 area. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "C and A Bredt" wrote: > I need a 10x10 chart of numbers 1-100 with the numbers vertical. > I'm sure there is a quickie way to do it. > thanks, CB > -- > C and A Bredt > Highlight the cells, format > Cells > Alignment and make it 90 degrees. "Luke...

Text Boxes added to Chart Series
How do I keep text boxes that I've added to a data series with the column they belong on? If I change the size of the chart in anyway, I have to move the text boxes back to their respective spots on the chart. Text boxes are not added to a series, but to the chart. This prevents their sticking to any particular points. Could you add them as data labels? If you use a built-in position (i.e., don't drag them around) they will stick with their associated points - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://P...

Help please, can't start up!!
When I start the PC, after the loading bar for Microsoft thing finishes,instead of going to login screen it gives me a blue screen, and it says Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. This just happened overnight!!!! Help please. :( -- Excessive Here are some hints ( 'Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA' (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms793437.aspx) ). Try starting the system in safe mode (keep tapping F8 after power-on). -- whs Additional info: - I use Spyware Doctor scan every few days - I left my computer on for the night like always,and ...

help need to match a string
Hi everyone Hope someone have a solution for me. I have a table with product name and price in column a & b in sheet1 I have the formula in sheet2 where I input the product name in A1 an it search the product and give me the price. =VLOOKUP($A$1,Sheet1!$A$1:$B$1377,2,0). It works ok. Here my problem: I have a product name called "HK-2859 plus" and I need this product t be identified if I enter any portion of this product ("HK" or "2859" o "plus"....). appreciate your help Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way: Use t...

Please help me solve my problem
Hi, I Have a cell say a1 that has a continuously changing number it in and I want to track the highest number that it prints, and the same for the lowest number in cell a2. I would like these results to show up in the cells below them Im very new to programming and your help would be much appreciated many thanks Sacha David On Mar 5, 1:01=A0pm, Sacha David <sach1...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi, =A0I Have a cell say a1 that has a continuously changing number it > in and I want to track the highest number that it prints, =A0and the > same for the lowest number i...

Help needed with the last hurdle on this project
Hi I've finally reached the limits of my Excel knowledge (what littl there was) and need some help to complete my project. What's missing now is some automation to make what I need to do a lo more user friendly. My problem (for anyone generous enough to tackle it) is posted below. It's a lot of text but it's the most concise way of explaining what want to be able to do. I've attached a file with the Excel work as far as I have been able t do. Thanks to anyone who gives this a crack - it's very much appreciated. Martin PART 1 Take the data from Column A and Co...

SBS 2k and Exchange 2k Help
Hi All I'm having a problem with Exhange 2000. I support an office of about 5 people, and they are running SBS2000 with Exchange 2000, during the past couple of days they haven't been able to send/receive e-mail, and they haven't been able to browse the internet. I initially thought the server was being used for Relaying, however the queues are not very high (about 14 e-mails) and the Telnet tests suggest it can't be used for relaying. When I got there last night the server was fine and after a quick re-boot I sent numerous e-mails to my home account which I received, and I...

[Help] OnPaint Skipped?
I have an CTestWnd defined as follow class CTestWnd : public CWnd { DECLARE_DYNAMIC(CTestWnd) public: CTestWnd(); virtual ~CTestWnd(); protected: DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() public: afx_msg void OnPaint(); }; and i create an instance of CTestWnd as a child window of hWndParent LPCTSTR lpClassName; lpClassName=AfxRegisterWndClass(CS_VREDRAW | CS_HREDRAW |CS_GLOBALCLASS, ::LoadCursor(NULL, IDC_ARROW),(HBRUSH) ::GetStockObject(WHITE_BRUSH), ::LoadIcon(NULL, IDI_APPLICATION)); RECT rect; ::GetClientRect(hWndParent, &rect); m_Wnd.CreateEx(NULL,lpClassName, _T("TEST"...

Adding member variable (CEdit control) for edit box causes Unhandled exception
Hi, I have a simple dialog project. It has an edit box, which I've mapped in ClassWizard to a CString, m_Input. I wanted to be able to set the cursor back to this edit box and highlight text in the edit box, so I created a another member variable in ClassWizard, m_Input_Control, which is mapped to the same edit box, but is a CEdit control. This compiles all right, but whenever I try to run the program after adding the above member variable (even if I don't access it in my code), I am getting an "Unhandled exception". Deleting the CEdit control member variable fixes the p...

VBA Help #4
Hi, I have a list of clients with their associated outstanding dollar amount and their return (%). I would like to know if there is code that would allow me to break up these clients by return (%) groupings. For example, I would like to group below 10%, 10% to 17%, and above 17%. So at the client on the list that is just before 10% I would like to add two rows and put a dollar subtotal in the immediate row and sum the dollar amounts. Can anyone help? Thanks, Marino Public Sub ProcessData() Const TEST_COLUMN As String = "A" '<=== change to suit Dim i As Long Dim LastR...

We would love To Help You With Your Microsoft Dynamics GP Issues
If you are having issues with Microsoft Dynamics GP- reports, need training, upgrades, ongoing support, or anything of the such- please feel free to email us at mtatum@integritymbs.com, or call us at 888.869.4090 ext 705. We would love to assist you. We provide install, implementation, ongoing services, training, customization, report writing, troubleshooting and much more. ...

Nightmare Bug. !! Plz Help
hi all at once when i try to edit or open some forms i got such error msg "There isn't enough memory to perfrom this operation. close unneeded programs and try the operation again." I have 1GB Ram so it is sure silly msg !! what to do thanks plz help -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200802/1 What version of Access are we talking about here? By any chance does this involve moving from one version to another? -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2...

How do I freeze a chart from scrolling
I want to freeze a chart so as I scroll through data it will not go up or down, I dont want it to be frozen in a horizontal position. Is there a way this can be done? Hi, You would need to freeze a number of rows at the top of the sheet and place the chart there. Or use New Window to create a copy of the worksheet. One would display the chart then other would be used to scroll through the data. Cheers Andy dannie wrote: > I want to freeze a chart so as I scroll through data it will not go up or > down, I dont want it to be frozen in a horizontal position. Is there a way >...

Help, my views got messed up and "folder options" is now restricted
I have no idea what has happened here, I think vista somehow messed something up when I connected to a file share, but even that seems odd since I've been doing this for 6 months. I'm using Windows 98SE and have files shares on a LAN to a Vista 64 Home Premium machine. I can't choose "folder options" in the My Documents folder or any random subfolder. When I try to do so, I get a message "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". I _AM_ the administrator, and there i...

Side bar chart chinging size
I'm trying to update a side bar chart but every time I open the chart the size of the chart changes in length. Can anyone help me to correct this problem. I have made sure that I sized the chart to 100%, clicked off the auto scale, but nothing has helped. ...

Find and loop help-multiple columns
I an trying to write a macro to search for a cell value in one column and see if it occurs in other columns I'm having 2 problems: 1. How can I look from the last used row up to row 4 in "myrange+5" as set below? 2. How can I look in all other columns beside the "myrange+5" column named "Route Number(s)"? Am I completely off track?? With lastperiod 'Find the last used column myrange = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns.Count ActiveSheet.Cells(1, myrange + 2).Select 'find the last row therow = ActiveSheet.Cells.Fi...

Hiding or Displaying Series In a Chart
Greetings, I have a XY Line chart that contains 9 Series, ploted at the same time. Due to visual clutter in this chart, I would like to have the option to enable or disable these lines by using a check box for each of the series. Is this possible? and how can this be done programatically?. Thank you in advance for your prompt response. Jon Peltier has instructions for using a check box to hide/show a series: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html SPYREN wrote: > I have a XY Line chart that contains 9 Series, ploted at the same time. Due > to visual clutter ...

Scaling A Chart
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a chart that is driven off a simple table that is filled in by the user. That table has up to 13 data points, but in most cases the table will only have 5 to 8 data points. If they have 8 the remaining data will be zero. I would like to chart to scale automatically to only have 8 points not all 13, so if I put a &quot;If&quot; formula in the series that plot the chart I can automatically control the amount of data point plotted. The series look like this: =SERIES('TREND ANALYSIS'!$B$24,'TRE...

Chart- View Labels- Shared Database...
I am working out of a database used by two other individuals. When I attempt to print a report, my chart does not display the labels. If I open the chart in design view, I am unable to view the labels, but if I go further and actually open the chart all information is displayed. The other individuals working in the database are able to readily review the reports and print the data without any problem. We are all using the Access version, and I have already installed the Office Service Pack 3 fix. Nothing seems to working. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. ...