Help With Upright Bar Chart ASAP!

Please tell me what's happening.  I have an upright bar chart with 2 side by
side segments.  It is part of a Powerpoint presentation that I have used for
years.   There are 6  double bars side by side, red/blue.  When I click on
the chart to go into edit the numbers, the labels at the bottom of the chart
shift to the right and disappear.  They all shift over one bar and are
nowhere.   Even when I complete editing all the pertinent numbers for the
bars and close the editing window, they are not there.  There is now a label
on every other bar set.  What's going on, what have I done?  I even tried to
go in and creat a new chart from scratch in a new PP and I still get the same
action, the labels scoot to the right below the chart.   Help!
--
gp

I would advise copying the chart into PowerPoint as a picture.  By doing so
you eliminate all of the formatting issues.  Jon Peltier has a very good
explanation on his site via the link below:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"sopranoiam" wrote:

> Please tell me what's happening.  I have an upright bar chart with 2 side by
> side segments.  It is part of a Powerpoint presentation that I have used for
> years.   There are 6  double bars side by side, red/blue.  When I click on
> the chart to go into edit the numbers, the labels at the bottom of the chart
> shift to the right and disappear.  They all shift over one bar and are
> nowhere.   Even when I complete editing all the pertinent numbers for the
> bars and close the editing window, they are not there.  There is now a label
> on every other bar set.  What's going on, what have I done?  I even tried to
> go in and creat a new chart from scratch in a new PP and I still get the same
> action, the labels scoot to the right below the chart.   Help!
> --
> gp

copy web shortcut to outlook bar
Can't open this item. An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program. ...

Help #4
I have a column with values yes no as mentioned below i want 1 if value is yes 0 if value is no in next column yes no yes yes no no yes yes Hi kiran In B1 use this formula and copy down =IF(A1="yes",1,0) -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "kiran" <kiran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3785964-28CB-4D7B-843B-6F684C00370B@microsoft.com... >I have a column with values yes no as mentioned below i want 1 if value is > yes 0 if value is no in next column > yes > no > yes > yes > no > no > yes > yes > ...

Please help!
Hello to all! I recently installed CRM 3.0 professional edition on Windows 2003 server standard edition. Now my manager wants to have sample database Adventure Works on the same server. How can I install Adventure works on already installed CRM 3.0 ? Or I have to reinstall whole CRM ? If yes, how can I specify during the installation that I need sample database to be installed ? This is really urgent question, and any help will be highly appreciated! thank you!!! Ozz, The AdventureWorks sample db isn't so much "installed" as it's run. It's an ..exe which you run...

Need Help Enabling Flags in OWA for Public Folder
Hello-- I set up a public folders (not default public folders) with permissions for access to only a limited group via OWA. Everything is working great except no one, including the Domain Administrator can "flag" a post. The Flag Column header is grayed out and when you click on it, it merely depresses. Any advice on how to enable the flags would be appreciated. Many thanks, sd On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 09:45:02 -0700, razor <razor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello-- > >I set up a public folders (not default public folders) with permissions for >access to ...

Outlook Calendar help
Hello Outlook Folks, I use Outlook to keep reservations at a small motel. It's been working well for me for several years. I recently had a minor drive crash. The company the "repaired" it turned it into a major disaster. I have 2 drives, they formatted both drives for me. Now I have a few days work ahead of me to get back to where I was. Now, my question: I have pretty good backups on CD. Where does Outlook keep the calendar file? If I can pick & place this file I can get my reservations back and keep alot of people happy. Is this even possible? Any help is appreciate...

Smart-shape to dumb-shape? Help with cross functional flow shape?
Greetings! For my purposes, I'd like to use the cross functional shape to build up swimlanes that don't change no mater how or what kind of shape is dropped on them. Using a background page is somewhat inconvenient for my pupose. Can you tell me how to kill the code or events that cause the cross-functional shape to interact with other shapes while leaving its other behaviour intact? (in particular, I don't want other shapes to become attached to a lane nor do I want the lane to change its width) Thanks in advance! The quick solution is to go to Tools > Options > S...

Add item using HTML Status Bar
I want to add a bunch of pictures of items to the HTML status bar and have the item added to the transaction when the cashier clicks on the item. Is that possible? I have the customization guide, I can modify the status.htm file to display the pictures, but I just need the code to add to the HTML file to trigger the adding of the item (again, if possible). P.S. I don't want to use the custom POS buttons (I already know how to add items that way). I almost have it figured out. I added this code to the Status.htm file: function addit() { qsBridge.FireEvent("PerformAddItem...

Stacked Column Chart with
Hi, I have a stacked column chart with this data in primary category axis Actual, , , , , , Budget, , , , , Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec and 5 series. I add some ScatteredLineNoMarkes series on AxisGroup 2 to create vertical lines (thanks to Jon Peltier for the tip). This works up to 5 of these scattered line series. Adding another will flip the x axis labels (Jan, Feb, ...) from side-by-side alignment to one upon the other ("Jan" upon "Feb" upon "Mar", ....). Any idea of this? No matter at which position the scattered lines resid...

Need help saving a file!
Well let me start off by saying that I feel lost using the Office 97 programs! I had to make a new resume so I got myself a template off of the site here. It opened up in publisher so that's where I created my resume. I've put a lot of time into it and now realize that I think I made a huge mistake! How the heck do I save it as a more "acceptable" file without screwing up the format??? (for uploading as an attachment) Or is that just not possible? I've tried saving it as a word document, but like I said, screws up the whole format. I'm really lost, don...

Change all Chart Legend FONT sizes across entire spreadsheet
Have file folders with dozens of spreadsheets and noticed the CHART LEGEND fonts a too BIG. I'd like to change ALL chart legend font sizes on all worksheets in a spreadsheet at once.. using a tool or script, etc. Any solutions? There are simply too many charts to open and change fonts individually. -G The following code will change the font size in all charts in the active workbook: '======================= Sub ChangeLegendFont() Dim chObj As ChartObject Dim ws As Worksheet Dim ch As Chart Dim lFont As Long lFont = 6 'set the font size For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Works...

I need complete idiot proof excel setup database help. please
I need to learn all about Excel and how to make a database.. I have read and read and done practise tutorials but I just cannot grasp the concept, it completely goes over my head everytime. I am quick to learn when I am being shown or told exactly what to do, can anyone help me learn all about Excel.. ? The first thing you need to know is that Excel is not a database application, and while it is commonly used for databases, it doesn't do them well. Expecting a database developed in XL to be "complete idiot proof" is setting yourself up for disaster. Without knowing any...

2 charts on 1 worksheet
I have 2 data sources that I want to make a chart for. This is for a company survey I need a chart for Performance and 1 for Importance. There are 12 questions that I need to make charts for. I really want to keep a Performance chart and an Importance chart for each question on the same worksheet. Any suggestions? I must be missing something... Select the performance data and use the Chart Wizard to create a chart. Then, select the importance data and use the Chart Wizard to create a chart. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA ad...

Need immediate help with Access to Outlook Please
This is my 3rd request.... Please, thank you.... I went through a windows update and was asked to reboot which I did. I had Outlook open and closed it before rebooting - it was opened to contacts. when I tried to access Outlook I got an error message saying "your personal address book could not be opened. the file is either not accessible or not a personal address book. choose retry to access your personal address book, or choose cancel to not open your personal address book with this application." I have no other application to open this address book with! my contac...

Pie Chart Help #3
I am trying to create a pie chart and having trouble with selecting slices within the chart and grouping them together. I I want it to look like a scattered chart but want to select which pieces will group together. Please help. Thanks. ...

Help with OpenArg
This has been driving me nuts for about a week now so I thought someone more experienced might have the answer as although it's complex for me, the newbie, it really is realtively simple. Q: I am using Access 2000. I have a client database. I am making a search form. The form is in dataview. It gets it's info. from a query that sorts the info from the client table. The info consists of the contactfirstname, contactlastname, ClientID, nextactiondate, and case status. When the user double clicks on a particular client's info. I would like for the "Clients" form to o...

Can I change the default syle for a chart?
I have toyed around with using macros to reformat data, but what I would really like to do is make a particular format the default, but can't seem to find out how to do that. Select a chart in your workbook Choose Chart>Chart Type Select one of the chart types and subtypes, then click 'Set as default chart' OR Select the Custom Types tab, and set one of the built-in or user-defined charts as the default Jon Peltier has information on custom chart types on his web site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CreateCustomTypes.html Argus Finch wrote: > I hav...

Chart sizes with window frame check box is frozen in the 'ON' star
I am running Excel 2000 under Windows XP on my laptop. Under the Tools:Options menu on the Chart tab, there is a check box labeled "Chart sizes with window frame". The box is checked. If I uncheck the box the check mark disappears, but when I click 'OK', nothing happens to the chart and the zoom control in the toolbar does not activate. When I open the Tools:Options menu again, the check mark reappears. It will not turn off. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no effect. I have compared settings with my Excel 2000 installations on my desktop systems ...

Update query help 02-06-08
I have Two tables with the same information. Table Two has a column called Errors with data. How can I update table one Error column with the same info in table two errror column. table 1 table 2 nameid name date items errors nameid name date items errors 100 Floyd 2/5/08 2500 100 Floyd 2/5/08 2500 4 200 Anna 2/5/08 6000 200 Anna 2/5/08 6000 7 Use an update query. Perhaps that would look like the following. STEP 1: BA...

need help #3
hi there,i need help in a certain matter regarding the Exchange Server 2003,i need to know,how can i make the Exchange server check mails from my ISP, as the email accounts i have reside at the ISP's server. Thank u in advance You need a POP3 Connector such as www.exchangepop3.com or www.popbeamer.com -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Armen" <armen@link.net> wrote in message news:905101c3ea8b$53011740$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi there,i need help in a certain matter regarding the > Exchange Server 2003,i need to ...

Chart Help
I have to chart the following I have multiple users with 4-5 different status and multiple dates, some sample data is below 03/02 - name 1 - open - 5 items 03/15 - name 1 - open - 10 items 03/02 - name 2 - open - 0 items 03/15 - name 2 - open - 10 items 03/15 - name 2 - closed - 5 items 03/02 - name 3 - open - 5 items 03/02 - name 3 - pending - 8 items 03/15 - name 3 - open - 14 items I need to show a trend by user by status & by date I'm not sure how the table needs to be set up or if the chart can be done for this. Could someone please provide assistance? Thanks In articl...

Help a Student: Notebook PC market research questionnaire #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0A32_01C37FC7.D0357690 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0A33_01C37FC7.D0357690" ------=_NextPart_001_0A33_01C37FC7.D0357690 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I am currently doing dissertation at Management School, the = university of Sheffield. My project is to investigate effectiveness of = International Marketing of global notebook brands, with a focus on Dell's notebook. I would greatly appreciate if you ...

I need to combine a bubble chart and a line graph (Excel 2003)
I have a simple data set of: Column A: X axis Column B: Y axis Column C: Bubble width I have the bubble chart complete. Now, I want to plot the X/Y axis data as a line graph OVER the bubble chart to show the sequence of the data points from start to finish. Excel HELP is no help. Is there a way to make a second graph (the line graph), change the background to "transparent" and then copy it over the bubble graph? Or, is there a better way to get what I need? Thanks for any help! Bernard showed how to make one chart transparent in your other thread. I have a very simpli...

PivotChart will not preserve series formatting for some charts when reopening workbook
I have a WB with 4 PivotCharts. When I close and reopen the WB, 2 of my PivotCharts have slightly skewed formatting. Can somone help determine why? Details: PTable 1 / PChart 1, PTable 2 / PChart 2 all based on static data in Sheet 1. PTable 3 / PChart 3, PTable 4 / PChart 4 all based on static data in Sheet 2. All PTables were created from a new PCache object. I'm using any single data cache for more than 1 PTable. When I reopen, PChart 1 and PChart 3 have the following problem: - Series order goes back to the default order. - Series colors remains in the old order. 1. I know that...

Re-install Help Greatly Required
I have come into work this evening to find our solitary Exchange 2003 server doesn't exist anymore. The story I have is that Exchange screwed up and didn't respond to a restore. One of the engineers this afternoon decided to un-install and left it for me to re-install over night. I have tried to install Exchange again but I get the error message The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services" cannot be assigned the action "Install" because: To install the first Exchange server in a domain, or to run setup in "/ForestPrep" mo...

Menu bar question
Hello, Is the menu bar going to be a feature of Office 2010, and does anybody know if the menu bar is being phased out in all software as we know it, or can we expect the menu bar to be a feature of software in the future. I'm definitely in the pro-menu-bar camp, and was greatly disappointed when the menu bar disappeared in 2007. I haven't gotten used to the ribbon bar concept at all and found that I'm unable to do anything that I was already quite good at, and I was struggling and stumbling around using the software and couldn't accomplish much or anything in...