Help! Ungrouping Excel Charts --> EMF/WMF. Can't edit objects in 2007 (Freeform issue). Steve Rindsberg?

Hi, I am posting this again in a hope to get attention to my tricky problem
Bob
_________

Thanks Jon,

Some consolotion, but no solution...
:-)

I am not doing any progress at all with this problem. Really need help!(Saw
that Steve had beed in similar thread 1,5 yr ago)

Regarding resulting EMF/WMF shapes, there seems to be a big difference
between seeting the Shape Border to Solid manually compared to doing it
through VBA or through a Chart Style ( I took a standard one).
This is bizarre!

Is there some way to emulate the manual action in the menu?
i.e. something like: Application.Commandbars.Execute ("SolidBorder").

Any other idea?
I have considered parsing the OpenXMLfiles to see what the difference is
between
the files....
How is this done?

Bob

"Jon Peltier" <jonxlmvpNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> ACTUALLY,
>> Manually setting the Column Borders (not the Fills) to Solid from
>> Automatic, makes the corresponding EMF/WMF objects become distinct
>> Rectangles and not Freeforms.
>>
>> BUT,
>> Doing the same thing with VBA, (by setting Color =0), creates solid
>> borders in the chart, but does not affect the "EMFprocess" and results in
>> Freeform objects in PPT!
>>
>> Furthermore,
>> Doing it with VBA actually "destroys" other manually set borders to Solid
>> (that previously worked) and these thereafter become Freeform instead of
>> Rectangle.
>>
>> Finally
>> To reset the VBA damage, I need to reset to automatic, save and then
>> reset the border manually.
>>

>> This is WEIRD!
>> Help really needed
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Bob
>>
>> "Bob" <bobone a pointer.se> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> A "Marimekko/Lasagne chart" is a valuable format that MS does not
>> support.
>> Although several excellent solutions have been developed (S Bullen, etc),
>> they have their flaws.
>>
>> For 2003 I have some great code that disassembles a Stacked Column chart,
>> scales the Category-axis and puts it back together again. This is done in
>> PPT with VBA.
>> There is actually an order for breaking up a chart that I have parsed (in
>> object order: Points, Value axis,Category axis, Point Labels, Value Axis
>> delimiters, Category names and finally the Legend (any comment to this?)
>>
>> 2007 creates problems! (the OLE disconnection is a pain, but I understand
>> SP2 (Q12009) will adress this)
>>
>> My largest concerns are:
>> - new objects (freeform) are created that tend to group other objects
>> (rectangles). These cannot be broken up.
>> - inconsistancy. Some charts (that look identical) create the distinct
>> Rectangles (that I want) others Freeforms that lock in "my" rectangles.
>>
>> Question:
>> - how can I control what is being created in the "save as EMF/WMF
>> process.
>> I.e. don't want freeforms!!!
>>
>> I have tried fooling around with the Forecolors and Borders of the
>> Columns.
>> At first I thought that explicitelt defining a solid color would help.
>> I have two test charts looking identical, as far as I can tell, one with
>> solid fill one with automatic fills. The first one creates rectangles,
>> the
>> latter grouped freeforms. Unfortunately, changing the automatic coloring
>> solid does not help... there must be something else that differs...
>>
>> What?
>>
>> Really need help...
>> (Steve and Ben wer involved in a thread a year ago regarding "Excel 2007
>> line-chart pasted as an enhanced metafile - editing")

0
Bob

Is this about charts (chartobjects), or about pictures (EMF/WMF inserted
images), or about Freeforms, or all of these.

Is it about ungrouping or is it about changing border styles, or both

Does this concern Excel or Powerpoint or both.

Regards,
Peter T

> [...]
>>>
>>> Question:
>>> - how can I control what is being created in the "save as EMF/WMF
>>> process.
>>> I.e. don't want freeforms!!!
>>>
>>> I have tried fooling around with the Forecolors and Borders of the
>>> Columns.
>>> At first I thought that explicitelt defining a solid color would help.
>>> I have two test charts looking identical, as far as I can tell, one with
>>> solid fill one with automatic fills. The first one creates rectangles,
>>> the
>>> latter grouped freeforms. Unfortunately, changing the automatic coloring
>>> solid does not help... there must be something else that differs...
>>>
>>> What?
>>>
>>> Really need help...
>>> (Steve and Ben wer involved in a thread a year ago regarding "Excel 2007
>>> line-chart pasted as an enhanced metafile - editing")

0
Peter
11/12/2008 5:09:52 PM
Hi,

This is about disassembling Excel Charts into EMF/WMF objects. Usually done
through the Ungroup command.
It applies to Office 2007. For further understanding, the complete thread is
enclosed.

I have some news!

Previously I discovered that:
- a solid border color is necessary to ungroup the chart shapes into
distinct objects (e.g. rectangles) and not gouped Freeforms
- this works when it is done manually
- making the border solid through VBA ( .border.color = 0) makes the border
appear as solid, but renders Freeforms in the EMF/WMF process! Arghh!!!
- applying styles that have a solid border, doesn't work either...

But,
- If  I use a saved template with manually set borders, It works!!!!!!

Isn't this weird!
What is the difference?!

Bob

"Peter T" <peter_t@discussions> wrote in message
> Is this about charts (chartobjects), or about pictures (EMF/WMF inserted
> images), or about Freeforms, or all of these.
>
> Is it about ungrouping or is it about changing border styles, or both
>
> Does this concern Excel or Powerpoint or both.
>
> Regards,
> Peter T
>

> "Bob" <bobone a pointer.se> wrote in message
>> Hi, I am posting this again in a hope to get attention to my tricky
>> problem
>> Bob
>> _________
>>
>> Thanks Jon,
>>
>> Some consolotion, but no solution...
>> :-)
>>
>> I am not doing any progress at all with this problem. Really need
>> help!(Saw
>> that Steve had beed in similar thread 1,5 yr ago)
>>
>> Regarding resulting EMF/WMF shapes, there seems to be a big difference
>> between seeting the Shape Border to Solid manually compared to doing it
>> through VBA or through a Chart Style ( I took a standard one).
>> This is bizarre!
>>
>> Is there some way to emulate the manual action in the menu?
>> i.e. something like: Application.Commandbars.Execute ("SolidBorder").
>>
>> Any other idea?
>> I have considered parsing the OpenXMLfiles to see what the difference is
>> between
>> the files....
>> How is this done?
>>
>> Bob
>>

>> "Jon Peltier" <jonxlmvpNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message
>>> Bob -
>>>
>>> I suspect that the conversion from Excel 2003 shapes to Excel 2007
>>> shapes
>>> was incomplete. I have had a number of headaches when trying to ungroup
>>> charts in this way. Some chart elements which were once distinct objects
>>> are now no longer divisible into constituent elements. For example,
>>> gridlines. Also, while most Excel 2007 VBA is consistent with prior
>>> versions, when it comes to Excel 2007 shapes, and dealing with the
>>> shapes
>>> that comprise Excel 007 chart elements, the VBA is just not smooth. I
>>> know
>>> of no reliable workarounds that don't involve upgrading to Excel 2003.
>>>
>>> You have gone to a greater depth than I have, meaning you have endured
>>> greater frustration. You have also uncovered more freakish behavior,
>>> which
>>> unfortunately brings you no closer to a useful understanding.
>>>
>>> I suspect this is not the kind of thing that SP2's improved VBA support
>>> will address.
>>>
>>> - Jon
>>> -------
>>> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>>> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>>> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
>>> _______
>>>

>>> "Bob" <bobone a pointer.se> wrote in message

0
Bob

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

allowing relaying... security issues
We are using Exchange 2000 on an SBS 2000 machine. We signed up with Spam Soap - an outside company to provide incoming/outgoing SMTP mail filtering . As part of their service, you also configure them as a "smart host". This is configured in the virtual SMTP Server area - in the advanced options for delivery. Also, in order to have this work properly, the SMTP Connector we had configured in the 'Connectors' area also had to be removed. We have an in-house VB .net application that automatically sends auto-generated emails. This particular application is configured and...

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

learning Excel #3

ungroup object in publisher
Hi I did a project about two weeks ago I grouped the items and saved it ,now I want to alter some text but if wont ungroup If the text is still text and not an image, you should be able to edit it without ungrouping. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "docherty" <docherty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38CE759B-F3D4-4862-A00A-653ED3573C0B@microsoft.com... > Hi I did a project about two weeks ago I grouped the items and saved it ,now > I want to alter some text but if wont ungroup...

Please help #8

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

outlook 2007 e-mail