Help setting up Charts

I have a spreadsheet with the following

Column F, building name

Each row on the spreadsheet is a member of staffs name

In Column I, I have got the number 1 if the member of staff has been
trained. If not there is a 0.

I need a Chart to show the number of members of staff who are trained per
work area. In the chart/ graph the work area should be along the bottom row
X. The number of staff members will be in the Y column.

Please would you be able to give some assistance. When I try to create a
chart the information does not show and it appears to be cluttered. There are
91 members of staff on the spreadsheet.

Any help would be appreciated

Hi,

In an empty area, say starting in M1, set up a grid such as this
Building    Trained   Untrained
B1               4             5
B2               0             2
B3               7             3

In cell N2, where 4 is above, enter the following formula
=SUMPRODUCT(--($M2=$F$1:$F$90),--($I$1:$I$90=1))
In O2, where you see 5, enter the formula
=SUMPRODUCT(--($M2=$F$1:$F$90),--($I$1:$I$90=0))

copy these formulas down as far as you building names go.

Highlight the summary area starting in M1 and going down as far as the
column O data goes.  Click the chart wizard and select Column, with the
second sub-type, stacked column.  Switch the Series in option buttons to
either Rows or Columns so you get the buildings across the x-axis on the
bottom.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"matthewluck1" wrote:

> I have a spreadsheet with the following
>
> Column F, building name
>
> Each row on the spreadsheet is a member of staffs name
>
> In Column I, I have got the number 1 if the member of staff has been
> trained. If not there is a 0.
>
> I need a Chart to show the number of members of staff who are trained per
> work area. In the chart/ graph the work area should be along the bottom row
> X. The number of staff members will be in the Y column.
>
> Please would you be able to give some assistance. When I try to create a
> chart the information does not show and it appears to be cluttered. There are
> 91 members of staff on the spreadsheet.
>
> Any help would be appreciated
Thank you so much for your help, that's fantastic!!

Im just trying to figure out how I can re-name the labels on the chart
legend. I want to change Series 1 and Series 2 to a more meaningful name.

Thanks again
Matthew

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In an empty area, say starting in M1, set up a grid such as this
> Building    Trained   Untrained
> B1               4             5
> B2               0             2
> B3               7             3
>
> In cell N2, where 4 is above, enter the following formula
> =SUMPRODUCT(--($M2=$F$1:$F$90),--($I$1:$I$90=1))
> In O2, where you see 5, enter the formula
> =SUMPRODUCT(--($M2=$F$1:$F$90),--($I$1:$I$90=0))
>
> copy these formulas down as far as you building names go.
>
> Highlight the summary area starting in M1 and going down as far as the
> column O data goes.  Click the chart wizard and select Column, with the
> second sub-type, stacked column.  Switch the Series in option buttons to
> either Rows or Columns so you get the buildings across the x-axis on the
> bottom.
>
> If this helps, please click the Yes button.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Shane Devenshire
>

> "matthewluck1" wrote:
>
> > I have a spreadsheet with the following
> >
> > Column F, building name
> >
> > Each row on the spreadsheet is a member of staffs name
> >
> > In Column I, I have got the number 1 if the member of staff has been
> > trained. If not there is a 0.
> >
> > I need a Chart to show the number of members of staff who are trained per
> > work area. In the chart/ graph the work area should be along the bottom row
> > X. The number of staff members will be in the Y column.
> >
> > Please would you be able to give some assistance. When I try to create a
> > chart the information does not show and it appears to be cluttered. There are
> > 91 members of staff on the spreadsheet.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated

Charting different data formats in the same chart
Not sure if this is possible or not. I’ve got a sheet with three columns A=total number of items B=is the percentage of each row to the grand total of items in column A C=is a dollar amount. I’m trying to create a bar graph that reflects all three columns. Can this be done or do I need to make three separate charts and if that’s the case is it possible to combine bar charts? Milo, Whenever I've had to do this type of graph, I would do the total as a column graph using the left axis, the dollar amount as a line using the right axis, then I'd use the x-y labeler (see link below...

How to chart a relationship? Excel 2007
Hi all, I have 2 columns of data. Column 1 contains the number of records processed on each day. Column 2 is the number of CPU seconds the job ran to process these records. I want to create a graph of these values to see what the relationship is. This is what I tried. I flipped the columns around so I could force the CPU seconds to be the x-axis. I added a header to the 2nd column which I called "NoOfRecords" but no header on the first one. If I don't do this, I get like 2 lines, one is completely horizontal. Next I selected all the data and then Insert 2D Line. ...

Outlook 2003 email content missing, headers ok, HELP!
Running XP Pro and Outlook 2003, AVG and AntiVIR 6.0. Outlook was running fine and then all of a sudden, I'm still getting emails but the content is missing. I can see the header just fine but absolutely blank screen in the body. HELP! Thanks so much! lrunyan <latitudesllc@comcast.net> wrote: > Running XP Pro and Outlook 2003, AVG and AntiVIR 6.0. Outlook was > running fine and then all of a sudden, I'm still getting emails but > the content is missing. I can see the header just fine but absolutely > blank screen in the body. HELP! > Thanks so much! 1) You shou...

Menu Set up
I have Office 2007 - is it possible to have a list with app 10 options on it One option would run Access open a set form and when finished return to this list another option would open excel and a set spreadsheet - when finished return to list the othwer options would run word and each one would open a set word document - when closed would return to list if it is possible which program would i write it in access-word or excel I am not very good with word - all my work is in Access I'm sure it's possible if you are willing to learn programming for Office automation. I do...

Custom charts
Hi, I am making a custom chart and hits the problem mentioned in the article from Peltier: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CreateCustomTypes.html It says: "Another problem with a custom chart type, or any chart with customized formatting. If a chart element with custom formatting is removed from the chart, then added again, the custom formatting is lost, and the element takes on the default formatting for that element in the default chart." Is there a smart way to solve this problem? Could the best thing to do be some VBA-coding and to keep track on the change-event from ...

Part and Product Database Help
I need help designing a database for parts and products. I'll give you a brief description of the scenario: There are thousands of parts, and hundreds of products. I want a database that has the following: -a list of the parts - with description, product number, color, length, etc. -a list of the products with the associated parts included in the product -If I change a description of a part, I want it to change in the products and all related aspects I know I need a part table, but I don't know how to incorporate the products - because the parts can ...

Windows XP hangs at applying computer settings
At random computers in our domain will hang at applying computer setting and just stay there. Both the mouse and keyboard are not locked up but it appears that the OS is hung at applying computer settings. We have troublesoht this and cannot find no apparent reason for this on our domain. Any ideas? GreyWolf wrote: > At random computers in our domain will hang at applying computer setting and > just stay there. Both the mouse and keyboard are not locked up but it > appears that the OS is hung at applying computer settings. We have > troublesoht this and cannot...

Chart Increments -- to expand
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_010D_01C68AF2.E0F7E920 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm trying to chart a bar graph to show the average responses of some = survey data of two groups. The bar values are 4.2 and 3.8 When I create the bar graph, the lowest value on the Y axis shows 3.5. =20 How do I make the Y axis start at 0 to portray the entire scale? Thanks for the advice. Mike Raphael -------------------------------------------------------------------------= ------- I am u...

Help with syncing
i have a 2gb ipod and it will not show up when i try to sync my library to it. help please!! Try this link for help. http://search.microsoft.com/results.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&q=Syncing+WMP+%26+ipod "sims101" wrote: > i have a 2gb ipod and it will not show up when i try to sync my library to > it. help please!! On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 18:49:01 -0700, sims101 <sims101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have a 2gb ipod and it will not show up when i try to sync my library to >it. help please!! In the same way iTunes only Syncs to...

is it possible to embed and sort charts?
e.g. name size length 0min 3min 10min chart A 3 5 1 10 3 B 5 2 2 4 3 C 4 3 3 9 6 .... Is it possible to plot a chart of 0 to 10 mins for each entity and then later when i sort the data (say, by size) that the chart will be sorted accordingly? Create the charts using a different named formula for each chart (see Dynamic Charts http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html) Example 4 shows how to plot one column out of a multi-column data s...

Formula Help 04-08-10
Hi All I have a cell that I need to return a value that is either 10% more if another cell = >0 or 10% less if < 0. eg B53 =10 then C53 = (C38*10%) and add to C38 or if B53= -10 then C53= (C38*10%) and take From C38. B53 = 10, C38 = 16.10 then C53 should = 17.71 or B53 = -10, C38= 16.10 Then C53 should = 14.49 (C38 less 10%) Thanks Chris This should get you there; http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/cell-lookup.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C0F4143-B955-4ECE-AE89-CC20133A0AC2...

Form Help Please!
I should know this but I'm brain dead. I want to simply open a form or subform with my onclick control on a command button. Please help a brain dead old man. Thanks! try this DoCmd.OpenForm "Yourform" Where yourform is the name of the form you want to open. or you could just use the wizard - button which will create the code for you. hth -- Maurice Ausum "Golfinray" wrote: > I should know this but I'm brain dead. I want to simply open a form or > subform with my onclick control on a command button. Please help a brain dead > old man. Thanks! i...

first time user, need help
I have heard lot about visio but never got a chance to work with visio. Just now I downloaded visio 2007 - 6o days trial version to test it out. Background: I have one application developed in access front end and sql server 2000 as backend. I am ready to move this application in .net with sql server 2008. What I would like to do with Visio 2007... 1. Connect my old database (SQL 2000) and create data diagram with detailed documentation for a reference of old application. 2. I will make necessary changes in database (in visio) as requirements changed since last development. 3. Create ...

Need help upsizing from Access 2000 to SQL Server
I'm sure the solution to my problem is somewhere on this board .. but when I upsize from Access 2000 to SQL Server .. the converted application locks up everytime I attempt to us it. If anyone has a solution or would be available for hire $$ to solve it very quickly.. email me at sunningatmass@aol.com Regards ...

Need help with an email mystery
The following problem has completely befuddled the experts at both Comcast (my outgoing mail server), and at ValueWeb (my incoming one). I have developed an intermittent but persistent ability to send email to myself (which is very handy for testing new mailboxes and forwards). Both providers disavow any responsibility and point fingers at everyone else, and it turns out that they might be right. Through many hours of testing, I have discovered the following: - I can send mail successfully from Outlook Express - That same test fails in Outlook 02 or 03 Somehow, this is Outlook's fault,...

Bubble Charts in Microsoft Visio
I saw online (http://blogs.msdn.com/mailant/archive/2005/03/30/403754.aspx) that Microsoft Visio did these great bubble charts...my boss has this software on her computer, the November 2004 updated version, but I can't find where the bubble charts are? How do I get this great tool?? Am i missing it or do we need to get a newer version? If you check the last line of her blog she says that Chris Castillo, the creator, would blog about it. Looks like it is time to give Chris a nudge. Hopefully, one of his coworkers will see this and remind him about Mai-Lin's blog. John... V...

WinCE MUI : User interface Language in Regional settings
Hi All, We are trying to integrating MUI for our target board where we are unable to see the following user interface languages in regional settings, after selecting the locales from the platform builder properties. French(Canada),Spanish(Mexico),Spanish(International). Is there anything we need to do in PB, please suggest? Hi Jack, did you had a look into the Windows CE help? I think I remember that you need to create some MUI language DLLs that need to be added to your Windows CE project (*.bib). The Dll you can create with you desktop PC. Best regards, -- Mike ...

how to draw a line chart from a linear equation?
Hi, How do I plot a line chart from a linear equation (say, 5x + 10y = 100)? The equation has been created using Equation Editor 3.0 object. Thanks & regards, Jai Raj Nair Bangalore,India You cannot use Equation Editor for anything other than to <display> an equation. In A1 enter the text x,in B1 enter y In A2:A21 enter 1,2,3..... (use Edit fill) We need to rearrange your equation to y = -0.5x+10 In B2 enter =-0.5*A2+10 Copy this down to B21 - easiest way is to double click the B2 fill-handle (box in lowed right corner) Select with mouse cells A1:B21; click Chart Wizard t...

Adding series, this time with a 2 axes line chart
I working with 2 axes line chart. My x-axis is month/year and my first y axis is instrument result for Hospital A, my second y axis is outside temperature. The chart looks great. Now I want to add addional lines for other hospitals. When I click on add series and add the data for Hospital B, it plotts it correctly using the y axis for instument result, but my Hospital A data suddenly becomes a straight line as the graph is now trying to plot the instrument results for Hospital A vs. the wrong y axis (temperature). I have no idea how to indicate when I am adding data which y axis it...

Money 2006 web install help please
Ok, this has happened to me before and I've came here to get the answer to the problem in the past, but I can' t seem to find it here now. Please help. As the subject indicates, I have the web install file, and I know that I have to be logged into my msn account in order to download the additional files, and I've done that. The problem is, after the files download, I'm told to restart to get all of the additional files to function, and when I restart money it tells me that my trial has expired. Please help, I need this program for finance purposes. Thanks very much...

Need help with QSRules and VB.Net....
Looking for help with simple interface with QSRules and VB .NET 2003. I have been able to compile without errors a simple program to interface with QSRules; however, have not been able to register my dll. I am simply trying to display a message box when the dll is called from RMS. I have set up all registry entries, compiled the program w/o errors. I try to register the dll and get the error message that the dll could be loaded however, could not find the entry point. I tried regasm and was able to register; however, when the dll was called from RMS it was unable to create the obj...

Change BackColor Code Not Working
I have a major request for the Dept of Justice. I have a report that looks like this: Task Type 4/5/2010 4/12/2010 4/19/2010 DSR St. Louis St. Louis Exch RU Seatttle Exch RU Memphis Memphis Memphis What I need is code that will work. Basically if Task Type = DSR then the background color of St. Louis and all other sites with "DSR" attached to it should be Red. If the Task Type is Exch RU then it'll be Blue, etc. Please respond quickly. Thanks Your report looks good from here. I ...

Legend disappears from chart.
Hi: I have a workbook (Excel97) that has a spider chart with 14 dots. I have code that sets the color of each dot according to the score the dot represents. The dot values are set by a single series of cells. I go through the legend items to change the dot color. Everything worked fine for quite sometime, but now whenever one the users makes changes to the scores (on separate worksheets in the same workbook) then goes back to the spider chart, all the legend entries have dissapeared save 1. Now, all dots have the color of the one legend key, and the code can not find the other legend items. ...

How do I set the default numeric format in Excel 2007 (XP)?
I want to change the default numeric format so anytime I create a new spreadsheet the format comes up as 123,456.00. Currently the General Format comes up so it displays as 123456. My regional option in control panel is set as English (united states) and the number sample there would indicate that I would get 123,456.789.00, however Number format is not what spreadsheets to default to, how do I change this in 2007? You can do it (but you won't want to!) by: Creating a new workbook. Change the normal style for numbers to be currency. In xl2003 menus: Format|style|selec...

Chart adds in extra date values on the X axis
Good afternoon - just wondering if anyone can help. I'm plotiing a range of data where the X-axis cells contain dates. I'm trying to plot a cumulative line where the number of items processed each day is the same, so the line will be straight. However, I'm only going to be working Monday-Friday, and there's a bank Holiday coming up, so I won't have items processed on every day. So, I11 contains Thu 01 May, J11 contains Fri 02 May, K11 contains Tue 6th of May. The problem I have is that the resultant chart is adding the missing dates to the X-Axis, so instead of a st...