Help needed to add commets, arrows, etc to existing graph...

I am wanting to add comments and arrows (that look proper) and fill i
the area between two lines on a line graph i have created in excel. Ca
someone please guide me on how this may be done...

I was thinking:
i. there may be a way to do it in excel that i am not aware of,
ii. there may be another charting program which will draw the chart
with all the frills from data exported from excel,
iii. there may be another program that allows me to add stuff t
already created excel charts,
iv. something else.

My aim is to export these graphs to word - they will form part of
report i am writting.

Any assistance would be much appreciated

--
nick kn
nick kno's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2867

Hi,

These things can be done using extra data series.

Arrows can be down using a custom marker, see this example.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomSeriesFormatting.html

Comments, depending on the amount of text, can be down using data labels
linked to cells. Otherwise use textboxes although they will not move
with your data. See example of linking chart text holder to cell.
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm

Shade between lines can be done by using an area chart and some formula
to calculate the values, see this example.
http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm

When it comes to exporting to Word you can copy them as pictures. See
the paste picture example.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html

Cheers
Andy

nick kno wrote:
> I am wanting to add comments and arrows (that look proper) and fill in
> the area between two lines on a line graph i have created in excel. Can
> someone please guide me on how this may be done...
>
> I was thinking:
> i. there may be a way to do it in excel that i am not aware of,
> ii. there may be another charting program which will draw the charts
> with all the frills from data exported from excel,
> iii. there may be another program that allows me to add stuff to
> already created excel charts,
> iv. something else.
>
> My aim is to export these graphs to word - they will form part of a
> report i am writting.
>
> Any assistance would be much appreciated.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Excel 97 VBA Help File

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Help, I cannot Save!

Help Required

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

how many receivers i can add

Need HELP! for Linking data

Need to add to current formula

Help with Registration

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

HELP! Outlook POP3 problem(s)

Spam Filtering HELP
I recently started a new job, and discovered after day one, that I had inharited a spam mess. Now the previous admin ad installed a Symantic Spam Server Prox which in my opinion, was a complete waste of money as it does not allow for blocking IP addresses. Now here is the question; I am running Exchange 2003, and am looking at setting up the Conection Filter under Message Delivery to block messages based on IP address. The problem is that when I save the IPs to be blocked, I get a message stating that the Connection filter "has to be enabled manually through the specific SMTP virtual serv...

Help with simple(?) VBA function

Need macro help to close excel

If Then Help!!!!
Hi! I'm stuck. I have a working macro but it needs a small tweek. The macro executes a find statement and performs calculations from the find to the end of the column. The problem is when nothing is found. I need an if statement or suggestion on how to tell it to skip the calculations if there is nothing found. This is what I have so far(with no if's): Cells.Find(What:="RIM", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas _ , LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _ MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate Selection.End(xlToRi...