Help needed arranging data for a pivot table

I have a very large table in excel that I need to create a pivot tabl
for, but can't seem to arrange the data correctly.  Here's what th
table looks like:  There are about 20 "type" columns across the top
and down the side are dates.  For each day each of the columns ha
about 20 prices.  So a big block of mostly price data is added eac
day.  Do I have to have all of the prices in one column if I want t
view different "types" side by side in a pivot table?  If so, I woul
have many many times the 65,000 rows that excel allows.  This als
seems ridiculously redundant.  It seems like I should be able to use m
existing list to do this.  Any help is appreciated, and please ask m
any questions for clarification.  Thanks

--
jace
jacef's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1454

Hi
see your post in public.excel

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

jacef wrote:
> I have a very large table in excel that I need to create a pivot
table
> for, but can't seem to arrange the data correctly.  Here's what the
> table looks like:  There are about 20 "type" columns across the top,
> and down the side are dates.  For each day each of the columns has
> about 20 prices.  So a big block of mostly price data is added each
> day.  Do I have to have all of the prices in one column if I want to
> view different "types" side by side in a pivot table?  If so, I would
> have many many times the 65,000 rows that excel allows.  This also
> seems ridiculously redundant.  It seems like I should be able to use
> my existing list to do this.  Any help is appreciated, and please ask
> me any questions for clarification.  Thanks.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Formula Help Please #6
I'm doing a lotto chart for work. The initial investment is $250. If we win or lose, I would like to key in the amount in the respective column and have the amount column automatically update itself. The one thing I can't figure out is how to take the previous days amount and make it part of the formula. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. I don't know if the example chart I've put in will translate well on the upload but this is how the chart looks. Thanks once again. Initial Investment Win Lose Amount 250 10 240 10 250 153...

public folder
Hello, We have recently run into some trouble on our Exchange 2007 server. When attempting to manage properties on public folders via the "Public Folder Management Console", we get the following error message (also attached): *** ERROR TEXT *** The properties on "<item name>" have invalid data. If you click OK, default values will be used instead and will be saved if you do not change them before hitting Apply or OK on the property page. If you click cancel, the object will be displayed read-only and corrupted values will be retained. The foll...

help when mailing
I used some of this code in a workbook http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder1/mail1.htm When I execute it automatically saves a copy. I do not want the automatic save, but rather I want the save as box t open and let me save wherever I want, and then, after I hit OK, execut the rest of the code. Any help would be appreciated. -Eri -- eluehman ----------------------------------------------------------------------- eluehmann's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1309 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27785 First of...

custom macro needed
I work for a company in Hertford now. We are an accident management company as part of our services we provide our fleet customers with weekly, biweekly, monthly or even daily reports. one of the pieces of information in these reports is the downtime which is how long the vehicle has been in the bodyshop. I have attached an working example to this to this email it uses an excel formulae to calculate the difference between the 2 dates. now then what I want to know from you is how to improve on this formulae. I need it to not only work out the difference between the 2 dates but if a ons...

requesting data from server
Hi all, I am running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on an Windows 2000 server. My particular machine runs Outlook 2002 on Windows 2000 OS. I have begun experiencing problems when deleting or opening read receipts and some email. I get a pop up message of "requesting data from the exchange server". Several others, but not all, clients have begun experiencing a time delay in opening their email as well. My problem seems to be mainly on deleting or opening read receipts. Once the item has been opened, I have no more problems and can open and close that same message without a delay. ...

Missing Passwords in Outlook 2003 and fix doesn't help
Upgraded to Office Pro 2003. Outlook 2003 won't save passwords and therefore is inoperable. Have tried fix outlined in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;264672 Does not fix problem. Have removed Office Pro 2003 and reinstalled Office XP...Outlook XP works fine - then reinstalled Office Pro 2003 and same problem. Any other ideas....very frustrating TCW ...

Need help with formula #5
I have a workbook that has about 20-30 worksheets in it. There is one column in every worksheet that has a total, is there a way to have all the totals from the worksheets show up on one worksheet as a grand total. Thanks in advance If the sheets were named 1-30, and your cell with total was A1, use this formula: =SUM('1:30'!A1) -doodle Hi Insert 2 new sheets. Name one as first the other as last. Drag them to positions which encompass the range of 30 sheets you want total, with your summary sheet outside of this "sandwich". =SUM(First:Last!A100) or whatever ce...

Move Data From one CRM database to another
What is the easiest way to move data from one instance of CRM to another. Anthony Use the data migration framework or Scribe Migrate. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 13:38:26 -0500, "Anthony" <anthony@computerpundits.com> wrote: What is the easiest way to move data from one instance of CRM to another. Anthony ...

How can I display and print all the data in a wrapped merged cell.
If you add some line breaks (Alt+Enter) in the cell, you may be able to see more of the text. Since the cell is merged, you'll have to adjust the height manually, or with a macro "lflinders" wrote: > ...

2 unequal sets of data charted on secondary and primary axis
I have 2 sets of data (order qty and forecast qty) that I would like to chart on a line graph. x-axis by month, y-axis by quantity. The forecast qty line would run along the entire x-axis for the 12 months. However, the order qty line would only be filled in at the end of each month. For example in May, the order qty line would only show data for qty order Jan - May. The forecast line would extend from Jan - Dec. Problem: The order qty line would display "0" for months June-December. This causes the trend line to be skewed when compared to just charting both lines from Jan - M...

Need help with axis
Hello~ Is there a way so that the x-axis starts at the same 0 point as the y-axis? I suppose it's easier to explain with pictures http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?785076464e.jpg I want to make it so that the 0 on the x-axis uses the same 0 that is on the y-axis. I can cut out the 0 manually from the x-axis so it starts at 5, but then it doesn't start from 0, it starts from 5. Here is the data, http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?0d8f4a85b9.jpg Thanks~ Have you used an x-y scatter graph. That should go through the 0,0 point for you -- John MOS Master Instru...

Date/Time issue with Pivot Table
Hello. I have column of data that is both date and time. However when I create the pivot table I only want it to summarize the date. I've formatted both the source and the pivot table to display on the date but formatting doesn't affect the underlying data so if a date has three different times, then the pivot table has three different entries for a given date. I can (and have) parsed out the serial number to remove the time portion but that gets a bit time consuming and this comes up frequently in different spreadsheets. I'm wondering if there's away to ...

Need the cell next to one found through If Then
Hello everyone... I have a column in a worksheet that finds the latest date in a column (This is the lastest paid date). Now, I want to have the amoutn paid which is in the cell next to date paid to show ie. Date Amt pd Ck# 8/31/2004 ($25) 902 Last pymt 7/29/2005 9/18/2004 ($25) 914 Last pymt amt XXXXXXX 11/4/2004 ($25) 936 1/14/2005 ($50) 980 7/29/2005 ($100) 1070 I want XXXXXXX to show automatically $100 Thanks! Tara hi, =LOOKUP(E3,A1:A20,B1:B20) Assuming the date u want in in cell E3, this formula will look in range A1:A20 and find date in E3 and return...

Excel Help #9
I have Office 2003 including Excel. I click on Help and search for "pivot" (I want help on creating a pivot table) and one of the matches is "Creating and Formatting a Pivot Table" but when I click on that it opens or downloads a file (type *.cbl) which appears to be some type of INI file. How do I actually get help? Wayne Wayne I have Excel 2003 with Office 2003 Professional Edition. When I type "pivot" in Help, I get 30 returns.......none of which are "Creating and Formatting a Pivot Table". Same edition? Some intermediate step I missed? Gord ...

Pulling from three tables
Hi I have a query which runs when the form is openned unfortunately I can't save using: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord it doesn't know which table to save the record to I'm assuming can someone give me some direction? When you say "pulling from three tables", do you mean that the RecordSource of the form is based on a query that joins three tables? As it says in http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA100978761033.aspx#cannot you cannot edit the data in a query when the query is based on three or more tables and there is a many-to-one-to-many relati...

Pivot Table errors
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, we are start to use pivot tables in our environment but they are a pain, they came out with messages that can not load the file, either on 2004 or 2008 latest releases (11.5.6 and 12.2.3) and still using leopard, the message came after they close the file and if we see it through preview (space bar) it actually displays the content of the file. <br><br>As in another posts where they point to open it on excel pc either 2003 or 2007 the problem is partly solved, the data is there and the format of a piv...

HELP!
We are experiencing a weird problem: Outlook 2003 is downloading email from a POP3 server, but then nothing is showing up the user's Inbox. This does not affect all users. Our setup is as follows: User has POP3 account User has Exchange account Delivery is set to "Mailbox - Username" (the Exchange PST) I can verify that messages are on the POP3 server waiting to be picked up. Clicking "Send/Receive" pops the messages off the server, but nothing shows up in the user's Inbox. I have verified that user has no filters set; there are also no deliver...

"select data source" dialog poping up continually
Has anyone run into this? Scenario: Using Access 2003 on XP SP2, I have a pass-through query that hits a Sybase database (don't think the back end DBMS is relevent but who knows?). The query works fine. I have then built a report that uses this query as its datasource. The report runs fine but needs some formating done. I go into design view and the "select data source" dialog popups up. I've tried picking the appropriate data source and logging in, I've tried cancelling it. Either way it continually popups up immediately after the first one was closed and since i...

CTabCtrl item data
Hi, Is there a way to set and get application item data in tab control item (such as SetItemData/GetItemData in CListCtrl) ?? thanks, Yoav. >Is there a way to set and get application item data in tab control item You could use Set/GetWindowLongPtr GWLP_USERDATA. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Yes, have a look at CTabCtrl::SetItem method and "LPARAM lParam" member of TCITEM structure. Regards, Victor "yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> wrote in message news:#O#71gCNFHA.4028@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > Is there a way to set and get a...

Help resources
Does anyone know of good support resources for using MS Money Small Business? I am looking more for the business accounting side. Or someone who gives support for MS Money? Thanks. Tom Anthony ...

Syntax Error In ALTER TABLE Command
I would like to change the data type of a column of integers to date/time format. I'm using this command in a MS Access 2003 macro RunSQL -> ALTER TABLE ExpTable MODIFY Activation_DT DATETIME. I have chosen No for the Use Transaction parameter. I've "Googled" the Internet for a resolution, but am having some difficulties finding my way out of this error. Would anyone have a suggestion? Many thanks, Kenny Vick kenny_vick@playstation.sony.com In news:33C0F407-9BA8-4377-A9E8-D7AE76F96895@microsoft.com, Kenny Vick <Kenny Vick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

"collecting data via email" when recipient uses Hotmail or Yahoo
I have used feature and it works great if recipeint submits via Outlook to my Outlook 2007, however I am not able to utilize the features with emails recieved back from Yahoo Mail or Microsoft Hotmail, even though "your recipients oneed only have an e-mail client program that accepts HTML" p. 304. I recieve the submitted form but it fails to update the table even if I try the button, unless of course the email is recieved from a Outlook based email recipient. Am I alone with this problem or does it actually work with Hotmail and Yahoo? Our school would benefit gre...

% of subtotal in pivot Table
We have several complex pivot tables and are trying to get a % of the subtotal instead of the total. We have infomation by state (the subtotal) and want to know the % of dollars by state not the % of each bucket of total of all the data. If this possible. We have tried calculated fields and nothing seems to work. Thanks for any ideas. There's no option to calculate the percent of a subtotal in a pivot table. You could do the calculation outside of the PivotTable. Or, create a second pivot table, based on the first one, and use the % Of Column calculation to show the state perce...

Unable to create data file
I'm running Outlook 2002 SP-2. Sometimes when I want to create a .pst file, I get the message box "Unable to create data file". There is no message number or any other identifiable (searchable) information in the text box. I can sometimes get around this problem by shutting down Outlook and restarting, or launching some other applications (such as Explorer); suddenly the problem disappears and there is no problem in creating a new data file (FILE/NEW/OUTLOOK DATA FILE). There is plenty of disk space available. Any clue as to why this problem sometimes arises? ...

data sort of like
Hi experts I like to have a tabel like this This is one 1 This is two 2 This is someother 5 Text 4 that say a text that is assosiated with a number. Then (some where else in the spreedsheet) I like to have a drop down wther I can choose between ("This is one"; "This is two", "This is..."), and depending on the choosen text I will use the assosiated number in some calculations. Is this possible with Excel? e.g. if in the drop down is in cell A5, and there is choosen "This is Two", and in cell A4 says 55 like to write some ...