Help! I don't know how to do a time series graph with Excel 2007!

Hello all!

I am taking a statistics course this semester and I have learned how
computer illiterate I am in regards to using Excel!  I have to make a
time series graph; in column A I put ages 1-14, and in column B I put
in average heights for each age in inches.  My problem is when I go to
"Insert" and do "line chart", all the charts have 2 lines and I have
no idea how to get all the data on one line.  My teacher gave me step
by step instructions but it was for the Excel 2003 program and I have
Excel 2007 which is totally different.  Any help would be
appreciated!!

Pam

On Sat, 5 Jan 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
pamboo1278@aol.com said:

>My problem is when I go to "Insert" and do "line chart", all the charts
>have 2 lines and I have no idea how to get all the data on one line. My
>teacher gave me step by step instructions but it was for the Excel 2003
>program and I have Excel 2007 which is totally different.  Any help
>would be appreciated!!

Top tip Microsoft never tells you: if you selected the range including
headers at the top, omit the top left hand header. The blank cell will
clue the Chart Wizard that you expect that column to be the x axis, not
a data line.  After you've created the chart, it's okay to give that
column a header too.

If you haven't included headers, then include one over the data column
and select that.

--
Del Cotter
del1907 (586)
"Del Cotter" <del@branta.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Sat, 5 Jan 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
> pamboo1278@aol.com said:
>
>>My problem is when I go to "Insert" and do "line chart", all the charts
>>have 2 lines and I have no idea how to get all the data on one line. My
>>teacher gave me step by step instructions but it was for the Excel 2003
>>program and I have Excel 2007 which is totally different.  Any help would
>>be appreciated!!
>
> Top tip Microsoft never tells you: if you selected the range including
> headers at the top, omit the top left hand header. The blank cell will
> clue the Chart Wizard that you expect that column to be the x axis, not a
> data line.  After you've created the chart, it's okay to give that column
> a header too.
>
> If you haven't included headers, then include one over the data column and
> select that.

Also, you may wish to consider XY chart instead of "line chart".  XY still
allows you to include lines, either as well as data point markers or instead
of them", and it treats the X values as numbers, rather than as category
labels.
--
David Biddulph

0
David

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

learning Excel #3

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

Expand a surface graph
Hi! This might by a easy question.... I made a surface graph with a table of 5x6 with %. The graph is fine, but I want to make the graph bigger, so I expand the graph the same way I do with other types of graph (pressing on the graph an move the cursor), but it does not work here. Now I habe a small graph, with a lot of blank space- Any help will be appreciate. Best regards! Zek ...

Please help #8

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

outlook 2007 e-mail

Excel VBA