Help - Chart and data array not updating

Hope someone can see the error of my way.  I have a workbook saves as a
template.  Each week I receive a new excel file (data dump) from payroll
timesheets of all the employee's hours charged to the different job codes
and projects they worked on for the week.  With this file open, I run the
below macro.  I only use two colunms, job numbers and hours from the
original file.  I copy the two columns, then open the template, paste the
data into the newly created file, input the week ending date in a cell (that
cell is referenced in the chart title), then do a save, then ask for it to
calculate, then do a save as and input a new file name to it.

My problem:  once the macro drops the new data in, the worksheet
automatically updates the arrays and sums the info correctly, but the
subtotal columns for the pie chart series does not recalculate.  They show
#Value. After the macro has completed, I simply press the F9 key and the
sheet calculates and the chart updates without problem.

If I do everything manually the way the macro does, it works like a charm,
no need to do the F9 key.  Anyone have a suggustion what command I am
missing in the macro that requires the manual F9 function after running the
macro.  It has to be simple, but I can't see it.  I'm running excel 2002.

Steve

Sub New_Chart()
'
   Range("A2:A2000,E2:E2000").Select
    Range("E2000").Activate
    Selection.Copy

    Workbooks.Add Template:= _
        "C:\Documents and Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates\Weekly Hours.xlt"
    Range("$B$2").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste

Dim UserInput1 As Variant
Dim WeDate As String

UserInput1 = InputBox("Type Week Ending Date:" & WeDate)
WeDate = UserInput1

    Range("$A$16").Select
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = UserInput1
    Range("A1").Select

    ActiveWorkbook.Save

    Cells.Select
    Application.MaxChange = 0.001
    ActiveWorkbook.PrecisionAsDisplayed = False
    Calculate
    Range("A1").Select

Dim UserInput As Variant
Dim RptName As String

RptName = UserInput
UserInput = InputBox("Type New File Name" & RptName)
ActiveSheet.SaveAs Filename:=UserInput
Range("A2").Select

Application.Calculate

End Sub

0
mrcvn (3)

Office X 10.1.6 Update: Fonts missing?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3182711903_8674241 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit After updating to 10.1.6, some fonts are missing (KidPrint, Lucida handwriting, etc.) Any ideas? --B_3182711903_8674241 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Office X 10.1.6 Update: Fonts missing?</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FON...

Updating PO Line Qtys should not remove existing AA with 100% Assi
Assuming AA is setup and you have at least 1 Dimension linked to an Account, and that Dimension has a Dimension Code attached. 1. Go into PO Entry 2. Enter a line item 3. Go into Purchasing Item Detail entry and make sure your Inventory Account is an account linked to your AA Class and therefore Dimension. 4. Enter AA information against this account on the PO - using the default of 100% Assignment. 5. Return back to the PO Entry window. 6. Change the Qty on the PO Line to be 1 greater (or less). Press tab to move off the field. Actual Result: The already assigned AA data for that line...

Combine Bar with Single Line Chart
Hello, Please can someone help me with this question. I am trying to create a bar chart with a single line chart. The bars will display the totals for various years i.e. 2004 104 2005 107 2006 108 2007 110 2008 101 The line chart will show how 2008 is performing on a weekly basis i.e. 01/01/2008 = 100 07/01/2008 = 101 14/01/2008 = 102 The bar chart for 2008 will reflect this also, updating each time a new week is added. The Y Axis I will assume display a total i.e. 99-111 for example. The X Axis needs to show the dates plotted for the line chart 01/01/2008 - 31/12/2008 (weekly) but how...

Data Loss in Publisher
Hi I run a W2k network in a school. I have Office Group Policies in place forcing the default save location for Publisher documents (Office XP version) to the pupil's home folders. All my PCs are identical (ghost images). Pupils have roaming profiles (some mandatory). Some users save work in Publisher and the next time they log on to the network and open the saved file, it's contents have gone! There is nothing exceptional about the affected users' user accounts and they have a mixture of mandatory and roaming profiles. Has anyone come across this problem before? Than...

merging into Word with filtered data
Hello, I'm trying to do a merge in Word using data from Excel. However, I don't want to merge using data from the whole worksheet, but just filtered data (all people from London - place is one of the fields in the worksheet. I have no idea how I might do this. Any help gratefully received. I believe you can accomplish this from Word by using "Query Options" and selecting to merge only those records you're seeking. HTH PC "Italian Pete" <ItalianPete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E62FCDC-42EC-48DB-92AC-857B224F085F@microsoft.c...

merging 3 spreadsheets into one based upon a single common data field
OK I hope you guys can help me out. Here is the scenario. I have 3 spreadsheets. The main spreadsheet I working with has 500 lines with a unique number string. The next two spreadsheets have about 12000 lines but also contain the same unique string as the first spreadsheet. I want to search the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet using the first spreadsheets unique id number and then take the information from the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet and then merge it into the first. Does that make since? Any help would be great. -- xchosen --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Any way to clear out stock pricing data before or after going to Quicken?
With all the discussion a few months ago about taking control of our own data, I had gone through the steps to look at my Money file as an Access DB, and found that of my 80MB, more than half was daily stock prices. Thats not something I really want to convert and maintain. I can't imagine that its really needed, since transactions have their own price info. Is there any way to get rid of it in Money, in Quicken, or other? Thanks In Money Plus: Portfolio > Other Tasks > More > Clear historical quotes The process may be different in earlier versions. "JDelMar&q...

Help Microsoft Office 2003
After now using Microsoft Office 2003 for about 3 months now, have suddenly noticed that my email messages have just started showing strange symbols for certain punctuation. This does not show as I type... but the recipent sees these symbols when the message is received. I can see it when they reply back. The strange symbols show for the apostrophe and sometimes for the exclaimation. I do not recognize the symbols. I do not have caps lock on, do have number lock on. None of the symbols show on my keys. Help?! Thanks! Kim it's caused by character encoding. What email client and...

.pst folder help
How do I put a .pst folder in My Documents for constant up to date copying? Mine seems to be in a folder called Office Data File which I cannot open but do not see any pst file...can someone kindly help me out here? Thanks! Right click the pst in outlook and select properties and then click Advanced You will see the location of the file. Depending on your view settings it may be hidden. Close the pst, (right click it, close) Move the file to the location you desire. Open Outlook select File - Open - Outlook Data File Browse to the file and select it. OK Done Regards Mark Dormer &quo...

moving large amounts of data from one db to another
I have a table that has millions of rows of data in it, which then references another table with millions of referenced (matching by foreign key constraints)... I need to move this data from database A to a new database B, is there any way to do this and preserve the identity columns and their referential integrity?) Thanks! You can't have integrated RI across databases so that part is out. But you can certainly insert and keep the identities. Take a look at SET IDENTITY INSERT in BOL. -- Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP Solid Quality Mentors "Smokey Grindel"...

Routing Engine not starting, please help ASAP
Exchange and Windows 2003 I cannot get the Exchange Routing engine to start up. Upon startup I get an event ID 7023 telling me that the path is not found. Everything else works and starts up just fine, people can open mailboxes, but cannot send/receive emails. I read online that it sounds like the metabase.bin file is corrupted. I uninstalled/reinstalled IIS, reinstalled Exchange 2003, and have reinstalled Exchange 2003 SP1, everything works except that I still cannot get the routing engine to kick back on. Any suggestions! Thanks! Was this an OEM preinstall? I recently bought a ser...

Help with macro to choose printer
Hi, I am new to macros in Excel and this is what I did to print a worksheet: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Range("A1:W35").Select ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$W$35" Selection.PrintOut From:=1, To:=1, Copies:=1, Collate:=True End Sub ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Works great except that I want to select the printer to use and the macro won't stop at the point to choose printer. Any way to work around this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Emilio Emilio,this wil...

Pulling data from multiple worksheets
I have one worksheet with a listing of client numbers and names. I would like to be able to type in a client number on another worksheet and have the client name automatically populate. Look at the Vlookup function or the combination of Index / Match. Vlookup will be a little more straight forward for a first timer but Index / Match is generally speaking a more flexible and less error prone solution. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "parthur" wrote: > I have one worksheet with a listing of client numbers and names. I would > like to be able to type in a clie...

Help with an expression to calculate a profit from one of three fi
Using Access 2003 SP3 - in Forms I know I'm probably asking a very complex question, so a very big THANK YOU to whomever can help. I am doing a detailed inventory and need help with an expression in my form that will calculate my profit based on one of three fields. Only one field would have the end data. To clarify what I am working with: Most stock items come by the "unit" and contain multiple "subunits" which, in turn, contain smaller "pieces." However, some "units" only come with "subunits" and some only come as &quo...

Simple update Query
Hi, I'm sure I've done this in the past but can't figure how. I have 2 tables "A" and "B" both with the following fields Town; Council I want to update Table "A"'s Council field with the Council information in table "B" Could someone please give me the SQL code to do this. Thanks in advance UPDATE TableA INNER JOIN TableB ON TableA.Town = TableB.Town SET TableA.Council = TableB.Council. IF you can only do this using design view -- Open a new query -- Select the two tables -- Set up a join by dragging from town to town -- add the Cou...

summarise data
I have data on a sheet looking like this 5/5/2004 5/5/2004 7/5/2004 7/5/2004 7/5/2004 7/5/2004 8/5/2004 9/5/2004 9/5/2004 9/5/2004 and I want to summarise this into different cells so that it look like 5/5/2004 7/5/2004 8/5/2004 9/5/2004 i.e. I want to list individual occurances of repeating dates o numbers. Any help would be much appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sounds like a job or a Pivot Table perhaps? http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore...

Changing Chart SourceData in VBA
Excel 97. Can anyone spot where I'm going wrong? I'm trying to change the source data in code so it only shows upto the last cell that has a value in it. My code at the mo is.. Dim intActiveCell As Integer Dim strCell As String Dim strrange As String Sheets("Financial Tracker").Select Range("C13").Select If ActiveCell <> "" Then Do Until ActiveCell.Value = "" ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Select Loop End If ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1).Select 'Selection.End(xlLeft).Select strCell = "R" & ActiveCell.Row & "C" &...

import chart of acount
I use GP7.5 I export chart of account to excel sheet and modify but i don't know how i can import agine to new company please is there any way to make it this. thanks for help M.Own If you have Integration Manager, then you would find it to be the easiest tool to use. If you do not have it, then the data can be loaded using SQL Server tools and other products that work with SQL Server. However, if you are not familiar with these tools, you should get help from somebody who does. -- Charles Allen, MVP "M.Own" wrote: > I use GP7.5 I export chart of account to e...

switching investment charts in microsoft money plus deluxe
I'm using Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe 17.0 As in Money 2004 clicking on a listed investment on the Home tab goes directly to a price chart. In the earlier program I could switch quickly between investment charts using a drop down list on the chart page. In money plus deluxe 17.0 I have to go back to Home first or the Portfolio tab. Can I make this work as before? Thanks for any help. "Dave K" <p_sellars-at-hotmail-dot-com> wrote in message news:eqMaGmEcIHA.4712@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > I'm using Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe 17.0 > > As...

Data archive with GP Manufacturing
Has anyone had experience with any data archive with GP Manufacturing. The product from Professional Advantage does not support Manufacturing archive, at least not in the documentation. Don't have an answer for you but we will be doing the same in the next week or so. Will report back when done. "DavidInterDyn" wrote: > Has anyone had experience with any data archive with GP Manufacturing. The > product from Professional Advantage does not support Manufacturing archive, > at least not in the documentation. ...

Locking of entered data
I haev a form that currently allows you to enter new records and edit existing records. My key field is based on a number entered by the user from another system. Once the number is entered I do not want the user to be able to type over that number but still be aloud to add a new record. I tried the AllowAdditions and AllowEdits in the properties but if I set them to Yes AllowAdditions and No AllowEdits then nothing can be changed. I want them to be able to edit everything but the one field containing the number. Ideas? Glenna, The code I provided would go in the two places that I...

creating a program that uses data from a sensor....
Hello, I want to create an MFC program that uses parameter values passed to it from a meter (specifically the resistance in ohms of resisters in an electronic circuit). What are the hardware components that would be needed? And what MFC class(es) would I use to accomplish this? Thanks, RABMissouri2006 On 21 Oct 2006 08:10:50 -0700, "RAB" <rabmissouri@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I want to create an MFC program that uses parameter values passed to it >from a meter (specifically the resistance in ohms of resisters in an >electronic circuit). What are the ha...

Transfering Outlook Data to a New PC
I've just built a new PC. Currently it has nothing on it other than Windows. When I install Outlook 2003 I'll need to transfer the data from another PC onto it, including all folders, emails and attachments in them and calendar data. What's the easiest and most effective way to do this? Find the PST file and copy it to the new machine and into the appropriate directory, what? Thanks. Copy the pst(s) to the new PC There isnt an appropriate Folder, there is a default folder created when Outlook is installed. http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm "Marts&q...

how can I split one cell's data into two cells?
I am using Excel as a database, and have a column with cells with a person's name (text) in it...e.g., John Smith. NOW, after the fact, I wish to have a column with just John in it, and another column with just Smith...but I have NO idea how to do this! Help would be appreciated. Thank you. Please refrain from multiposting, you have answers in one of the 4! newsgroups you posted the same question in. Multiposting is frowned upon and even the MS web interface states so -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It ...

Help with Lookup #2
I have an excel worksheet that has approximately 20,000+ records. I would like to classify these recorded based on two columns. The first column's name is "YB Description" and the other is "Sold Date". The YB column mainly contains 4 digit numerical values, with approximately 300-400 records that are text, ie. "classified", "not verified", "public use". The Sold Date column is pretty self-explanatory, all the records are dates with the following formatting - M/D/Y. What I would like to do is create a third column called YB/Sold that classi...