Has Anyone ever seen a chart like this?

Looking for some help.  I need to know what this column chart is called?
Or how to make it?

'CLick Here to View Chart'
(http://www.f150online.com/galleries/pictureview.cfm?pnum=163585&anum=11244)

I can't find any option in Excel to make this chart.  Maybe it was not
made in Excel?  Or I need a specific plugin?

--
TsunamiBob
TsunamiBob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36202

Hi,

It's a waterfall chart

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html
http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/waterfall/index.htm
http://www.edferrero.com/charting.aspx

Cheers
Andy

TsunamiBob wrote:
> Looking for some help.  I need to know what this column chart is called?
> Or how to make it?
>
> 'CLick Here to View Chart'
> (http://www.f150online.com/galleries/pictureview.cfm?pnum=163585&anum=11244)
>
> I can't find any option in Excel to make this chart.  Maybe it was not
> made in Excel?  Or I need a specific plugin?

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/waterfall/index.htm

Rob

TsunamiBob wrote:
> Looking for some help.  I need to know what this column chart is called?
> Or how to make it?
>
> 'CLick Here to View Chart'
> (http://www.f150online.com/galleries/pictureview.cfm?pnum=163585&anum=11244)
>
> I can't find any option in Excel to make this chart.  Maybe it was not
> made in Excel?  Or I need a specific plugin?
>

> --
> TsunamiBob
> TsunamiBob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36202
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=559874

0
rob.hick (5)
7/10/2006 2:19:50 PM
Thanks so much!  That was it.  Not the easiest to make..

--
TsunamiBo
TsunamiBob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3620
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55987

Does anyone have a resume database in Access 2003?
I would like to be able to search by keyword, and be able to print them out in Chronological or Skills format. ...

stacking column charts
How do I specify which series of data to stack. Right now, I have 6 different data series and when I select "stacking chart", it stacks all 6 series in 1 column. I want it to stack 2 series per colunm, totally 3 columns per X (date) range. PLEASE HELP! If you stagger your data, you can create side-by-side stacked columns. For example, with four departments over two years: 2001 2002 DeptA 100 120 DeptB 50 60 DeptC 90 100 DeptD 40 50 Bernard Liengme has an example and instructions on his site...

Anyone ever write a rule/script to do this?
Hi all, Before I go reinventing the wheel, I thought I'd as here first. Here's the deal. If I leave Outlook running at home it downloads my email from my POP servers and deletes the original messages on the server. If I am at work I cannot check my email for the obvious reason. What I would like to do is write a script, rule, or any combination to check an email that comes in and if it from a specific email address with specific content in the subject and/or body Outlook will shutdown, and stop receiving email. Any thoughts? TIA Brian BW <someone@somewhere.net> wrote: &...

How do I make a chart with several times during a day
Hi, This seems like it may be a simple thing, yet I can not for the life of me figure out how to do this (or at least semi-easily with VBing it for a while). I have a simple table filled with the following information (example for simplicity): 12pm 5pm 10pm 11/20 5 4 7 11/21 5 4 7 11/23 5 4 7 11/24 5 4 7 11/25 5 4 7 So basically I am keeping track of a numeric value three times a day. I would like to make a chart of it with...

loan amortisatio chart not updating
Hi, I use MS Monet 2007 premium. I have created a loan amortisation account which breaks up my monthly instslment into pricipal and interest. The loan commencd from 7 October 2005 and is for a period of 5 years. The problem is that the loan account does ot show any loan instalments beyond 7 October 2006 (exactly 1 year after the commencement). Why is this happening. Why is the account not updating with instalments which have been debited to my account after 7 October 2007. Please help. Were you depending on downloaded transaction data for this account? Did the download link br...

suppress zero values in line charts?
How can I suppress the plotting of zero values in line charts? The source cells have a formula that evaluates as zero for future dates in the date range. Rather than getting the formula to evaluate to zero, get it to evaluate to the N/A# error =IF(Date<Today,NA(),Value) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Cruickshank Brothers" <Cruickshank Brothers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5AB5CB7-05A5-4F3C-ACFF-A81404778E12@microsoft.com... > How can I suppress the plotting of zero values...

Programmatically find out if Chart displays Percentages
Hi all, I am trying to find out if a Chart has it's data labels showing Percentages from VBA code. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks in advance. Kind Regards, Grant. Example using the Immediate Window: ?ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).DataLabels.ShowPercentage True - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Grant" <Grant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CBCB95D-AC8A-4EBD-B921-2656ABF253F7@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > I am trying to find out if a Chart has it's d...

Line chart with more than 65535 data values
Hello, I have a text file with each data (from instrument) separated by comma, ie it looks like this.... 123.0,111.0,100.0,98,0,254.0, etc, etc, As you can see, it is just one row of data. The text file usually has more 65000 of these data. Is it possible to plot this data using line chart? These data values will be on the Y-axis. Any suggestions willl be greatly received. Many thanks, Bharesh Do you have a 50 foot roll of paper to print it? Otherwise the data points will be lost! -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "m4nd4li4" <xrddiffr...

Flexibly specifying data series in charts
I have tables with many columns. I want to create a chart that will allow me to specify which columns to use for x- and y-axes, preferably with two pull-down menus. Basically, I want to avoid the present situation where I create a new chart every time I want to observe the correlation between two variables. Another refinement: Sometimes one column will indicate a category for data points (e.g., column title could be element name; categories: oxygen, hydrogen, aluminum, calcium, etc.). Can I make the charts to plot one or more categories as separate data series? (Again, preferably wi...

Removing data from an automatically updated chart
How do I remove data from an automatically updated report? Specifically, I need to remove the last three rows of a data set from appearing in a graph. I can do it manually, but since the chart is automatically updated, the manual changes interfere with the display of the next data set. ...

Naming charts on own sheet
Hi. I have a series of charts (which are all contained on their own sheets). I need to name each of the charts (as they will be used by someone else in a macro). I have tried clicking on them and also pressing shift before clicking on them, and I am not able to change the name in the name combo box. Can anyone advise me of how I can change the names. Thanks for your help. Hi, If you have chart sheets you can change the name by simply changing the sheet tab name. What you described is the method used on chartobjects, which are usually on a worksheet. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Mi...

Stacked column chart (I suppose)
Hello I have the following data: Your Benchmark group company minimum median maximum 587332 47609 271686 406557 638592 923238 I want to have 0 at the top of the x-axis and 1,000,000 at the bottom. If I set up a stacked column chart of the Benchmark group data (47609, 271686, 406557, 638592, 923238) how can I indicate the value for "Your company". Hans Knudsen Hans Knudsen wrote: > I have the following data: > > Your ...

Combine 2 Charts 2007 Excel
I have a line chart (looks like an S curve graph) with two rows of data below & this chart looks exactly like I want it to. Period % Complete Dec-04 7% Jan-05 9% Feb-05 10% Mar-05 12% Apr-05 14% May-05 19% Jun-05 22% Jul-05 23% Aug-05 24% Sep-05 26% Oct-05 28% Nov-05 32% Dec-05 36% Jan-06 40% Feb-06 45% Mar-06 50% Apr-06 55% May-06 59% Jun-06 63% Jul-06 66% Aug-06 71% Sep-06 75% Oct-06 78% Nov-06 81% Dec-06 85% Jan-07 87% Feb-07 89% Mar-07 91% Apr-07 93% May-07 94% Jun-07 94% Jul-07 95% Aug-07 95% Sep-07 95% Oct-07 95% Nov-07 95% Dec-07 95% Jan-08...

2-axis, stackbar-line chart
How do I define a chart to be a two axis stackbar-line chart. I can find in "Custom types" a bar-line chart, but the stackbar on one axis with a line chart on a second axis eludes me. Is there a way to custom type this? Thanks, Ben BEN ROSOW wrote: > How do I define a chart to be a two axis stackbar-line > chart. I can find in "Custom types" a bar-line chart, but > the stackbar on one axis with a line chart on a second > axis eludes me. Is there a way to custom type this? > > Thanks, Ben Jon Peltier to the rescue again.... Ben, try this: http:...

Excel Charts #11
I'm trying to build an Excel chart that will span 15 to 18 months of "daily" data. I would like to be able to print the chart as a banner. I need to be able to see the entire period looking for trends, etc. I can only get Excel Charts to print to one page, which of course compacts all the data to unreadable size. If a create individual charts by month, I end up with different scales for each month as volumes can fluctuate significantly between months. And, if I can figure out how to get past the scale fluctuations, I'll end up creating and printing a significant nu...

Publisher 2003 & Excel 2003 Pie Charts
I've got table of data in Excel that are converted into a Pie Chart. When I cut and paste into Publisher my round pie gets celulite and looks awful. Under an older version of Excel I used to be able, in Publisher, to change Object to Microsoft Excel Chart and Convert and it worked fine. I've tried that and it doesn't work. I've tried Insert Object and that hasn't worked. What am I not understanding and how do I make my pies round in Publisher? Thanks muchly for the help. Are you certain they aren't round and not a screen distortion? Right-click the chart, fo...

How to compare current year to prior year in bar chart?
I like to create a bar chart to compare, e.g. the sales figures of product abc, for the current year (from Jan to Dec) against the numbers for prior year (from Jan to Dec). Basically with 2 bars (current and prior) side by side for each month. The data can be on the same worksheet or in separate worksheet for each year. I am having a hard time to make it work. How can I define the data range such that Excel will know it should be a comparison? Any help will be very much appreciated. Put your data in this form: Month 2003 2004 2005 Jan Feb Mar Apr May .... "substring&qu...

How do I change the shadow color on a 3-D chart/Graph
I'm trying to align colours in a 3-D chart. But the shadow on the 3-D is staying one colour even when I change the surface colour. So when I have a green 3-D box on my chart and the next box is red - the shadow on the red box stays green. I would like it to be red. Can anyone help. I'm sure it's an easy one but it's frustrating me!! Hi Nina, You say "shadow" but it sounds like you are asking about the depth portion of a 3-D object? What version of Excel are you using - in 2003 and 2007 if you change the color of the individual data point (a single bar) ...

How to interchange datas of 'X' & 'Y' axes in a Line Chart
Column & Bar Charts juxtaposed to each otherin that 'X' axis in one chart becomes'Y' axis in the other. Can't we do same with the Line Chart. Hi, In order to swap a line chart you need to convert the chart type to xy-scatter and then adjust the ranges being used for x and y values. If the line chart currently has categorical data on the x axis you will need to do a little more work to swap the axes. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html Cheers Andy RM Batcha wrote: > Column & Bar Charts juxtaposed to each otherin that 'X' axis in...

Swapping X and Y Axis
Hi I have been asked if it is possible to swap the x and y axis over on a line chart i can find infor for doing this on a scatter but not on a line chart. i have tried reformatting the data but this didn't work i want the variable data values to be plotted on the horizontal axis and the static values to be plotted on the vertical axis - i know i can do this via a bar chart but this chart need to be a line chart is this possible? Ian On Sun, 30 Mar 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, ian.tiesdell@hotmail.co.uk said: >I have been asked if it is possible to swap the x and y ax...

Anyone know where I can get a basic market mapping template?
Anyone know where I can get a basic market mapping template? ...

trying to link maps and pie charts
Hello I was trying to link sales data stored in an excel table with a specific country in MapPoint. This software allows you to do this very easily. You can even picture the data in piecharts (% sales for each competitor). However there is very little flexibility with the look of the result: you cannot choose the color of the slices of the pie, you may not display data on the graph, and the maps do not look very professional. I know it is possible to link automatically a table with a shape in visio. Can this shape be a given country/region on a map? Can the callouts have th...

Chart printing issue in Excel 2007

XL2007 surface chart tesselation
When I create a flat contour chart, XL insists on making all the areas teselated surfaces so that I get shadowing of the areas instead of a steady single colour. I want to turn this off and get a single colour for each contour level (like all the XLs before 2007). I can't figure out how to do this. Can someone help me. You can run the following in VBA (Alt+F11, then Ctrl+G): ActiveChart.ChartGroups(1).Has3DShading = False You can then save this as a new template for future charts. -- Thanks, Christopher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers...

Chart "Benchmark" Line Graph Question
I am generating a graph of many team's monthly audit productivity percentages (bar graph) with a "benchmark" (line graph) at 95% (y axis) across 6 month period (x axis). The problem is that the line graph appears on the graph but the ends of the line are centered in the end columns (left & right). Is there as simple way to extend the benchmark line out to the edges of the graph? MJ Have a great day and live life with passion! ...