half way though chart, lines between data points missing

I add data to the chart on a daily basis. All of the sudden it posts the data
points, but the connecting line is missing. All OK since 1/1 until 3 days ago.

Have you accidentally changed the formatting for the axis?

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com)
Simon Lloyd's Profile: 1
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=182139

Simon

baby charts
I need to find a chart that I can download to chart my baby's eating times & changing times too? I think you must have an idea of what you want, if not place the times across the top 0 to 23 for hours or place 12:00 AM into cell B1 and 1:00 AM into C1 and then select B1:B2 and use the fill handle to fill across In cell A1: 'Date \ Time In cell A2: 09/01/2005 format as mm/dd/yyyy ddd or whatever format you use. This is for US entry and format. use the fill-handle to fill down to end of month File, page setup, Headers and Footers customer header: cen...

Reply is missing in Outlook 2003
Several times we have encountered a mystic problem with e-mails where the reply is missing (Outlook in Office 2003). We send an e-mail and the recipient replies and everything looks OK but when the e-meil returns to us the reply message is missing. Only the original text is in the e-mail and it looks like the recipient forgot to write the answer.... Has anybody else noticed this problem and found out why this happens every now and then? It never happened with Office 2000. Mikael Ahlgren We are also using SuperOffice 5.6 to archive email. Since this problem seems to affect only the SuperO...

sorting data in columns
How can I sort multiple columns simultaneously? i.e. I have sixteen columns of numerical data that I want to be able to apply the same Sort to each column individually but I do not want to have to highlight each column separately as this will take considerably longer. Save your workbook first! Try sorting one column, then selecting the next and hit the F4 key. It shouldn't take too long if it works ok. Spiderman wrote: > > How can I sort multiple columns simultaneously? i.e. I have sixteen columns > of numerical data that I want to be able to apply the same Sort to each &...

What to do?
Hi Everybody? I have problem when I try to build offline data file from Pivot tabel which is connected to Cube on the Analysis Server. Excel return this message: No columns that microsoft excel can use were returned from this query! What to do? ...

Chart #3
I'm trying to crate a chart where to information in the cells can be typed on a slant Hi Quiana, Having difficulting understanding your question. Maybe you could provide a little more detail. Quiana wrote: > I'm trying to crate a chart where to information in the cells can be typed on a slant -- Cheers Andy http://www.andypope.info To display a cell's text on a slant: 1. Select the cell 2. Choose Format>Cells 3. Select the Alignment tab 4. In the Orientation setting, drag the red diamond, or select a number of degrees 5. Click OK Quiana wrote: > I'm...

Excel charts won't appear or preview. Help!
Hello, In Excell 2003 I cannot get my charts or graphs to appear or preview. I was able too at first. But I accidentally hit right click and then clear several times after having created template line chart for the first time. This subsequently one at a time removed different aspects of my chart until my chart was gone. And now i cannot get the charts to appear again. Not even a preview. Thank you in advance foe your help and advice. This problim has been solved. Thank you. ...

Charting 3 columns help
I am working on a staffing chart with three columns: Staffing Time Incident 6 3 1234 15 9 1234 I would like a graph to show the "Time" on the left the "Incident" on the bottom and Staffing in the chart I have racked my brain and have not figured out how, to make the chart work that is :o) Do I need to re-arrange the columns? a different way? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Steve In your brief sample, Incident has no variation. How do you want staffing to appear in the cha...

Compare Data
Let's say I want to compare data thusly: I have two columns of numbers, G and N. Column G has more numbers than column N, and includes every number in column N. In each cell in column O is a string associated with the number in column N. I want to comare a number in column N with all the numbers in column G and when I find a match, copy the string in column O to the appropriate cell in column M. I want to repeat this process until all the strings in column O have been matched to their numbers in column G. Whew! So. How do I do this? Thanks, Tommy One way: M1: =VLOOKU...

actual vs plan chart
I have a table of data, let's call it ACTUAL SALES by month, similar to following: Business Unit West East North South Jan09 20 30 15 10 Feb09 10 20 30 40 Mar09 14 16 12 10 I have a table that looks like it, for PLANNED SALES data, with various numbers for each business unit's planned target for the same periods for which I have actuals. What I want to do is (ideally) create a stacked bar chart of the Actuals for each region (ie, the height of the stack = total actual sales), ...

DATA DUMP WARNING #2
Maybe the ultimate lesson in this is backup backup backup. Do backups early and often. and use a large cycle - don't write a backup onto the immediately previous media! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. <DrWoodardOnDS@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:11095315...

Re: How can I change the color of negative bubble in bubble chart
Actually, you have to define your second color, click OK twice, so the series displays the gradient, then double click the series again,on the patterns tab, select the fill for positive values, and hit OK. (The series must actually display the gradient for a moment in order to remember the second color). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Jon Peltier" <jonxlmvpNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message news:... > Double click on the series, on the Patterns tab, ...

Column missing from Inbox -- Outlook Express
The "Priority" column has dissapeared from my Inbox in Outlook Express! How can I get it back without re-installing? The same column has also dissapeared from the columns list accessed by right-clicking the column headings and choosing "Columns" so it really is lost and I cannot get it back in the usual way. Any suggestions? N.B. The main Inbox for normally downloaded email which is located at the top of the folter list still has all its columns. The problem is with the HTTP Inbox from which I access my Hotmail account in Outlook Express. The column is still present on Ho...

Chart Y-Axis Title
My Y-Axis titles are cut-off and do not display the entire title. It does not matter what size font I use. Why is this doing this? Why? Because it is a well-known bug. We look forward to Excel 2007! It seems to be related to video since some have the problem and others do not. Add some periods (dots) to the end of the title and then format them the same colour as the background so that those without the problem will not see them best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "PelleritoConsultants" <PelleritoConsultants@discussions.micros...

Org Chart:1 Manager 2 Sections
How do I divide two work sections of employees under one manager? I tried arranging the first set of staff under a vertical alignment and wrapping a team frame around them, but when I add positions to create the 2nd team, they are aligned the same. If I arrange the employees horizontally, members are randomly assigned to the left or right, breaking the team arrangments. ...

Getting data from Access to Excel?
How would you go about pulling data from Access database into Excel? (Like weekly reports) Troy, Data|Get External Data|New Database Query Select MS Access Database The Wizard should take you through the remaining steps of selecting the data you want to import and the criteria (if any) that you wish to use. PC "Troy" <corptkm@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:nLDXa.3726$Jk5.3138269@feed2.centurytel.net... > How would you go about pulling data from Access database into Excel? (Like > weekly reports) > > You can also push-it-out of Access to Excel by (While...

Pivot Table data source
I have created a pivot table in the same workbook as the data source but whenever I try to refresh the data I get a message saying "This command requires at least two rows of source data.............." On checking the data source some cells on only one row are selected. If I change the selection to what it should be everything works fine but the selection reverts back to the same row and cells the next time I open the workbook. How can I make Excel (2007) retain the data source selection? Hi Pete If you have given the correct range, then it should retain the values. Howe...

Missing Font
I have a publication that keeps telling me a font is missing from the computer. I replaced the font long ago and searched many times for a remnant for it in the pub. Is there a way to tell get rid of the error message or find the spot where the font is trying to load? Click OK to the message then in the document select all the text and set it to another font and save file. -- David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP Visit www.davidbartosik.com for Publisher and Web Design Tips and How-to's. "Asussertown" <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:eQR1erBXDHA.2576@TK2M...

Email template insert data fields into subject line.
Hello, Is there a way to insert data fields into the subject line in email templates? I would like to add a case number so our customers can see it in the Subject line. Thanks, Steve ...

Scrollbar on Chart Jumps to Left when Chart is Clicked
I fiddled around with 'offset' and a scrollbar, and now I can change the range of my chart just by clicking on the scrollbar. However, there is a problem with placement. If I click on the chart, and move the scrollbar to where I want it, when I click *OFF* the chart, the scroll bar moves about double the distance from top left that it was when the chart was clicked. It's like the scrollbar thinks I'm doubling the size of the chart when I click off the chart. If I position the scrollbar past halfway from top left, when I click off the chart the scrollbar total...

Range of data is variable...
I am working on a year-end report for my clients that shows them information associated with their accounts. Most of the information on each client's reports relates to the current year and is easy to retreive from the tables that store all the clients' information. However, there is historical information for each client that is more difficult to report. I want to display a graph for each client showing the year-to-year change in "value" for them. But since each client has a different number of data points, it is proving hard for me to format the graphs properly. ...

OWA issue when there is an elipse in the subject line
Hi. We have a strange issue going on. Whenever a user gets an email with an elipse ":" somwhere in the subject line and tries to read it using OWA 2003, he gets a 404 page not found. Any pointers would greatly be appreciated. Thank you. "Gustavo" <Gustavo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCF8D1C6-95AC-44AA-A24B-1ADA7201F0B7@microsoft.com... > Hi. We have a strange issue going on. Whenever a user gets an email with > an > elipse ":" somwhere in the subject line and tries to read it using OWA > 2003, > he gets a 404 p...

data labels disappear
Hello all, I'm using 2003, I have a scatter chart and whenever I check the box to show data labels, then save (to a share point workspace) then close & re-open, the data labels disappear? Thanks for your assistance! Vera ...

Conditional format based on data from another column
Hi Yesterday I asked about the possibility of conditional formatting a range of 20 random numbers into 2 different formats. Thank you for that, but now it seems that 3 of my 20 numbers are now requiring a different cell to be highlighted in yet another colour. Currently the situation is as follows:- Column G has a list of random numbers ranging from 1-20, with columns either side pertaining to the random number located in the relevant cell in Column G. It now appears that 3 numbers in this random list do not require highlighting in Column G and have amended the condition formattin...

Can you intersect two objects and then draw a line around both?
I put two objects overlapping each other, and then I wanted to draw a line around both, but not each individually...can I do this in Publisher? I am using Publisher 2003 with Service Pack 1 Before I say "Sure you can", what kind of objects? What kind of line? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "kjhearne" <kjhearne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:135B590F-6628-4257-8557-F592E9EE870B@microsoft.com... >I put two objects overlapping each other, and then I wanted to draw a line > around both, but not each individually...can I do thi...

Buy One Get One Half Price
Is it possible to use RMS's "Buy X Get Y for Z" feature to do "Buy One Get One Half Price" specials. It appears that there is no way to enter a % discount as the sale price. On a related note, will this discount scheme work with two different SKUs? We commonly do this for footwear, but the two shoes don't need to be the same size or style to get the discount. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, ...