Greyed out series order scroll bar

Hi everyone,

I've set up a chart with 3 data series (Excel 2003) and have formatted them
to columns (2007), line(2006) and area(2005).

In the data Table the order of the series seems to be altered by the way the
data is plotted i.e. ordered - area, line, column even though the original
data are entered in the correct order on the spreadsheet.

I tried to change data series order by right clicking on a series and
choosing series order but the scroll up and down are greyed out and only one
series shows. I've tried to select all 3 sets of data to re-format but can't
do it

What am I doing wrong??
Cheers
--
Smudge
0

You can change series order only among series in the same chart group. A
chart group consists of all similar series, meaning they are the same chart
type and on the same axis. By having three series with three types, you have
three separate chart groups with one series each, thus no sorting is
possible.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Smudge" <Smudge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've set up a chart with 3 data series (Excel 2003) and have formatted
> them
> to columns (2007), line(2006) and area(2005).
>
> In the data Table the order of the series seems to be altered by the way
> the
> data is plotted i.e. ordered - area, line, column even though the original
> data are entered in the correct order on the spreadsheet.
>
> I tried to change data series order by right clicking on a series and
> choosing series order but the scroll up and down are greyed out and only
> one
> series shows. I've tried to select all 3 sets of data to re-format but
> can't
> do it
>
> What am I doing wrong??
> Cheers
> --
> Smudge

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
6/18/2007 11:17:52 AM
Oh well! There's me thinking I'll look clever ;-) back to plain old columns!

Thanks for your reply
Cheers
--
Smudge

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> You can change series order only among series in the same chart group. A
> chart group consists of all similar series, meaning they are the same chart
> type and on the same axis. By having three series with three types, you have
> three separate chart groups with one series each, thus no sorting is
> possible.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> _______
>

> "Smudge" <Smudge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I've set up a chart with 3 data series (Excel 2003) and have formatted
> > them
> > to columns (2007), line(2006) and area(2005).
> >
> > In the data Table the order of the series seems to be altered by the way
> > the
> > data is plotted i.e. ordered - area, line, column even though the original
> > data are entered in the correct order on the spreadsheet.
> >
> > I tried to change data series order by right clicking on a series and
> > choosing series order but the scroll up and down are greyed out and only
> > one
> > series shows. I've tried to select all 3 sets of data to re-format but
> > can't
> > do it
> >
> > What am I doing wrong??
> > Cheers
> > --
> > Smudge

0
Smudge (6)

Cannot Scroll Global Address List
Using Outlook 2000, I cannot scroll with the wheel mouse the Global Address List or All Users under All Address Lists. I can scroll every where else in Outlook. ???? Ted ...

How do I change the order of panels in a trifold brochure?
I've created a trifold brochure. My boss wants the order of the six panels changed. How can I easily do this? There may be an easier way but this will work: Open the pub file, go to a page you want moved. Gather all text and image boxes and drag off to the scratch area. Go to the page you want, gather all, change to the wanted page and paste. Continue will the remaining pages moving is wanted. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Tig495" <Tig495@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EBA57BB-3531-48B3-8FCE-972655E08F32@microsoft.com... > > I...

Mail Merge Printing
Hello All, I recently tried to print about 500 postcards with addresses using Mail Merge from Publisher 2003. I sent the print job over my network to a Minolta 5430DL. After the job completed I found about 100 postcards missing. It appears that the first 192 were printed fine, then the following pattern emerged: postcard 193-212 NOT PRINTED (20 cards) postcard 223-232 NOT PRINTED (10 cards) postcard 253-272 NOT PRINTED (20 cards) postcard 283-292 NOT PRINTED (10 cards) postcard 313-322 NOT PRINTED (10 cards) postcard 343-362 NOT PRINTED (20 cards) postcard 383-392 NOT PRINTED (10 cards) Any...

How do I convert .txt files into .xls in order to be able to sum.
I receive via e-mail a statement that I need to resort by date , purchase order and total by department, etc. The process I have been using is to copy and paste into Excel. However, when I try to sum the $ is will not sum. Is there some other way of converting this statement that I receive via e-mail into Excel, so that I can resort and sum? I am using Excel 2002 and my e-mail browser is Mozilla. You might be able to use File-->Open, and then let the Text Import Wizard help. Otherwise, you could use the "data isn't recognized" fix here: http://www.officearticles.co...

Excel Worksheet menu bars customizing for limiting users to optio.
Customizing Excel worksheet menu bar for limiting users to the options provided in that menu Hi Jim Look also at the links to MS pages on the bottom of this page http://www.rondebruin.com/menuid.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8009001-5F5A-4415-9527-34C71D8DF1DB@microsoft.com... > Customizing Excel worksheet menu bar for limiting users to the options > provided in that menu ...

Excel VBA
I have created a custom menu bar..a section of the code below...but d not know how to create a 2nd level to look like the example below. Period > Month > Current Year (action) Any suggestions. Thanks. ' Add a new menu Set NewMenu = NewMenuBar.Controls.Add _ (Type:=msoControlPopup) NewMenu.Caption = "&Period" ' Add a new menu item Set NewItem = NewMenu.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton) With NewItem .Caption = "&By Month" .OnAction = "Main" End Wit -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You should find your answer here (...

split commissions on order and transfer it to invoice
Customer would like to be able to split commissions between different sales people on an order and then be able to transfer it to an invoice without the information disappearing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolution...

Y-Error Bars
I am having trouble putting a y-error bar on one data point in my series. Excel wants to add error bars to all points (bars) in the series. Is there a way to do this? Thanks. Hi Diana, To get error bars on a single bar you can use the Custom +/- reference boxes on the Error bar tabs. Use this to get your values from worksheets cells. Obviously within the cells are zero values for all but the bar your want. Cheers Andy Diana wrote: > I am having trouble putting a y-error bar on one data > point in my series. Excel wants to add error bars to all > points (bars) in the ...

How to set up stacked bar charts with 2 axis?
I'd like to set up a stacked bar chart with 2 sets of "volume" data and a corresponding set of $ values (Excel 2003). Ex: Vol Units1 Vol Units2 $Value Stuff1 10 2 5000 Stuff2 25 5 12500 Stuff3 15 3 7500 Stacked bar is required to show Volumes in Units1, Units2 and corresponding Value of each type of Stuff; and the total Volumes and Value of all the Stuff. Since the Volume amounts are reasonably close they can be plotted against the same Y axis, but since $ v...

sort order
hi guys, i'm trying to import from several sheets with tables of names into another sheet using: =sheet1!D1 =sheet1!D2 --> =sheet5!D10 etc... in the respective cells of the new sheet... this seems fine. the only prob is the empty cells from the reference sheets are shown in the new sheet as 0. when i do a sort (eg: a-z) i get all the 0 entries first then the start of the names. ideally i would like to not show these values as 0 (rather as empty cells), but if i could change the sort order to have numerals after alphabet that would suffice. regards harold Harold Try =if...

Running Query Status bar in form
Is there anyway to add the 'running query' status bar (bottom left) to a form? The form I want to add it to is a 'database busy' form so that the user is aware that something is running and that the database has not fallen over. Adding this status bar more visibly to the form would help some impatient users... Ta Andy, You can have a label on the form, showing the appropriate wording, but hidden by default, and at the beginning of your code, something like this: Me.NameOfYourLabel.Visible = True -- Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP Andy wrote: > Is there anyway ...

attachment is grey cannot open
cannot open attachment. attachment is grey See www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#1 The same applies for WinMail. steve "dravidm" <dravidm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:4290840E-7192-446A-940F-5AEC42A8A55C@microsoft.com... > cannot open attachment. attachment is grey ...

How to select data series to format? (alternative needed)
Is there an alternate way to select a data series to format in an XY Scatter chart? The only way I know of is to move the cursor close to the series line and right-click. But if the chart includes many data series and the lines are close together, it is difficult, if not "impossible", to select the desired line. I am looking for a method that presents me with a list of all the data series, and I select the one I want to "right click" (i.e. open the menu that include format, add trendline and clear, among others). Or something else that would not be so difficult to use. ...

Un Allocate Sales Order
Is there a way to un allocate a sales order? I don't know of anything out of the box that would do that besides voiding or deleting the order. However, you will want to setup your order type to allocate by batch if you find yourself unallocating orders very often. Then you can use batch allocation or document allocation to allocate the line items when inventory becomes available. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Stretcher25&qu...

Sales Order remains open after transfer to Invoice
Hi Everyone, Does somebody has a hint to solve this issue : Today a user tried to transfer a Sales Order from SOP windows into an Invoice. There was one item that was out of stock and therefore the system asked what to do ? user answered to backorder all the quantities of that item, since it was down to zero in inventory. Once the Invoice was created, the user realised that the Sales Order was still available in the open orders. She created the Backorder from the INvoice since the item was N/A (zero) and the BO created fine. A new SO was also generated from that BO... So far I've ...

how to define scroll bar's page size value?
Hi all, I have a confusion about calculating scroll bar's page size. In my application, I am drawing an image according to scroll bar position. m_iGeneratedImgWidth - Width size of the image (this value is always bigger) rect.right - Width of the drawing area. how to define scroll bar's page size value? SCROLLINFO info; info.cbSize = sizeof(SCROLLINFO); info.fMask = SIF_RANGE|SIF_PAGE|SIF_POS; info.nPos = 0; info.nMin = 0; info.nMax = m_iGeneratedImgWidth - rect.right; info.nPage = ? In my OnHScrollBar() function, for SB_PAGELEFT / SB_PAG...

Sharing option greyed out
I have several similar workbooks that are shared on a network. Sometimes in order to do certain things (copy and paste, merge cells etc.) I have to "unshare" a book. One workbook won't let me unshare it. The checkbox beside "Allow changes by more than one user..." is checked, but greyed out. I don't know why this might be, and can't seem to figure out how to uncheck the shared option. the workbook is protected and shared ... go to tools | protection | unprotect shared workbook On Oct 9, 7:25=A0pm, Nevets <Nev...@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Folder Bar in Outlook 2003?
In Outlook 2002 (XP), if you clicked on the currently open folder's name, the bar that the folder name was on would turn into a drop-down list of folders. You could then click on any folder in that list and Outlook would open up that folder and automatically close the drop-down list. The Folder List was also available, which remained open until you closed it. In Outlook Express, the bar I am referring to is called the folder bar. I am not sure what it was called in Outlook 2002. In Outlook 2003, we now have the Navigation Pane, which also contains the Folder List. However, there seems to ...

unable to edit bill series
When I make changes to the details of a bill or deposit, the OK button doesn't work. This doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be completely frusstrating. The only way around it is to make a completely new entry, which can be very involved for a paycheck with a lot of details. I have tried restarting money and the whole computer, but that doesn't work. ...

Custom scroll bars skipping values
I have added a few custom scroll bars that have an incremental change of (1) and range from 1 to 200. Sometimes they seem to have a mind of their own and take off like they are ignoring the increment value of (1) and jump 5, 10, or 20 increments. Any thoughts? ...

Combination Stacked Bar with Single Bar Chart
Greeting Excel Pros, I would like to create a stacked bar chart with a single bar. My spreatsheet layout is below: Col A Col B Col C.......ColU Line #1 Sept 06 Oct 06......Nov 06.....Apr 08 2 Orig 10 5 15 20 3 ADD 1 Data Begins Feb 07 4 Mar Data Begins Mar 07 5 Add 2 Data Begins Feb 07 6 Jun Data Begins Jun 07 7 Add 3 Data Begins F...

Control on Dialog bar vs. Modal Dialog
When I place a control on a Modal Dialog, I can get access to it's messages and controls. When I put the same control on a Dialog Bar, messages don't seem to be passed through to the underlying class (which is identical in both cases). Any hint? What is the major difference in these two cases? Can I use the DDX/DDV tools for dialogs that are on a Dialog Bar? --- stefkeB --- If you're doing what I think you're doing you'll find the messages from the dialog bar are passed to the mainfrm. stefkeB <stefkeB NOSPAM @hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eVsIBVPXEHA.371...

Sort order of tasks in calendar tri-fold printout
Is there a way to change the sort order of tasks that appear on the tri-fold calendar printout? ...

Manufacturing Order Quantities
Hi, Our client is glass manufacturer, at the time of production, they do not know the exact quantity which will be produced. Can I receive a quantity more then the end quantity in the manufacturing order transaction. Also how will it impact bill of material components? Thanks in advance Khalid You can receive more than the original start amount. You can specify which components and how much will be used. "K M Dhariwal" wrote: > Hi, > Our client is glass manufacturer, at the time of production, they do not > know the exact quantity which will be produced. Can I recei...

Bar Chart for Text Data
I am trying to construct a bar chart showing students on the x axis and letter grades on the y axis. The data won't graph unless I make another column assiging a numerical value to the letter grade and plot the number. Any ideas? I am using Excel2000. Thanks Why don't you assign numerical descriptions for the letter grades 0 = E/F 1 = D 2 = C 3 = B 4 = A You can create a bar chart using the numerical info. You can then use Ron Bovey's XY Chart Labeler to relable the Y axis. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Check out Jon Peltier's info on a Vertical...