graphing numerical values on the x-axis

I am trying to graph some points with the following values:

x axis value   0	240	1400	1640	1880
y axis value   5445	5831	6247	6599	6810

When I graph them, I would like for the distance on the x-axis to be
proportional to the distance between the x-axis values (for instance, there
would be 240 units of space between points 1 and 2 and 1160 units of space
between points 2 and 3).  But the points are coming out at the same intervals
on the graph, with the x-axis labels showing the appropriate value.  How can
I get these points to reflect the difference in the x-axis values
graphically?  Thanks.

0
SAM4137 (239)

You need an XY chart not a Line chart.
Do not let the word Line confuse you; an XY chart can have data points
joined by lines
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to graph some points with the following values:
>
> x axis value   0 240 1400 1640 1880
> y axis value   5445 5831 6247 6599 6810
>
> When I graph them, I would like for the distance on the x-axis to be
> proportional to the distance between the x-axis values (for instance,
> there
> would be 240 units of space between points 1 and 2 and 1160 units of space
> between points 2 and 3).  But the points are coming out at the same
> intervals
> on the graph, with the x-axis labels showing the appropriate value.  How
> can
> I get these points to reflect the difference in the x-axis values
> graphically?  Thanks.

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
9/20/2007 1:33:29 AM
Perfect - thank you very much!

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> You need an XY chart not a Line chart.
> Do not let the word Line confuse you; an XY chart can have data points
> joined by lines
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to graph some points with the following values:
> >
> > x axis value   0 240 1400 1640 1880
> > y axis value   5445 5831 6247 6599 6810
> >
> > When I graph them, I would like for the distance on the x-axis to be
> > proportional to the distance between the x-axis values (for instance,
> > there
> > would be 240 units of space between points 1 and 2 and 1160 units of space
> > between points 2 and 3).  But the points are coming out at the same
> > intervals
> > on the graph, with the x-axis labels showing the appropriate value.  How
> > can
> > I get these points to reflect the difference in the x-axis values
> > graphically?  Thanks.

0
SAM4137 (239)

R squared not the same in graph and spread sheet.
I have an X-Y plot displayed with a trend line equation and R squared. I also calculate R squared (RSQ) and the numbers are not the same; 0.8918 and 0.928. Can someone explain this (Excel 2010 and Windows 7)? -- Jim Silverton Extraneous "not" in Reply To. "James Silverton" <jim.silverton@verizon.net> wrote: > I have an X-Y plot displayed with a trend line equation > and R squared. I also calculate R squared (RSQ) and the > numbers are not the same; 0.8918 and 0.928. Can someone > explain this (Excel 2010 and Windows 7)? You would need to post [1] m...

Sorting Alphanumeric values in a text field
I'm using Access 2003 for a database for my company. I have a field in a table that has both text and numbers. They are part numbers, for example 21BC124. I kept the field as text because of the text with in the numbers and didn't figure that a numeric field would alow the text. In my part numbers table it sorts correctly (first by number then by letter then by number again), but in my reports and queries there are a few number that sort in the wrong place. Like this... 20D10-3 21BC123 21BC128 22D10 25TD47 21FA101 21FA200 25FA203 38FA601 21FP604 38WS100 I can't quite f...

Change <value> in outlook
We Have Exchange 2003 sp2 and outlook 2003 sp2. I have renamed 2 AD accounts. Changed all display names, accounts name etc with the 2 accounts. When users open outlook and send to renamed account they see account name <oldaccountname> in the autocomplete list. I have cleared nk2 files in profile , but it still shows newaccount <oldaccountname> in drop down box. Is there a way to edit the <oldaccountnam> value of the renamed account? I tried the same thing with a freshly loaded PC. with the same result. Thanks You can delete the nickname files. -- Ed Crowley MVP - E...

Passing a variable as a parameter value instead of a literal string to a child report?
In the Navigation section (Jump to URL), I have the following: ="javascript:void(window.open('http://localhost/reportserver?/Reports +Folder/My +Report&rs:Command=Render&StartDate=01/01/2009&FinishDate=12/31/2010'))" This works as designed - a new window pops up with the "My Report" report and the StartDate and FinishDate of 01/01/2009 and 12/31/2010 are passed respectively. But what is the syntax for changing the "01/01/2009" and "12/31/2010" to variables that point to the StartDate and FinishDate parameters of the PAR...

How to draw graph of CDF
I am a new user. I want to know how to draw graph with cumulative density function, an PDF? I wondwer how they build the graph -- michael_sun_2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- michael_sun_23's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1577 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27290 It is not clear what your question is. If you want to know how to plot a function, populate two columns in a worksheet; one containing x values and one containing f(x) values. Select both columns, and Inse...

Count unique values
Hi, I've some problems to count unique items (Invoice #) in a pivot table. There is the default solution "Add-a-new-calculated-column" as mentioned on http://contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Unique, but in my case, it doesn't works. My problem is, that these values aren't in a Excel worksheet; it's a external data source - a SQL-Select via DAO/ADO. Because of that, I don't have the possibility to add a new column. Another reason is, that the pivot table should always be dynamic: Group over this field, group over another field - and always show the number of unique...

Top values
Dear friends, need your help again please. I have a table: tbl_Plots (PlotID is the primar key - number byte) and tbl_Data (ID is the primary key - autonumber, PlotID related to tblePlots, height - number byte and diameter - number integer). I need to select the 20 bulkiest trees of each plot, i.e. having the biggest diameter. Also, perhaps in a plot less than 20 trees will be present so I will need all of them. Any suggestions? Thanking you in advance, GeorgeCY hi Geroge, George wrote: > I have a table: tbl_Plots (PlotID is the primar key - number byte) and > tbl_Data (ID is...

Using Sumproduct when some of the values are null
I am having a problem using Sumproduct when some of the cells have null values. I will try to describe the problem. Please let me know if you need additional information. Do any of you have any ideas of how I can fix that sumproduct to get it to work? A B C Row Trend Claims 5 Emergency $0 6 Emergency $0 7 Emergency $0 8 Emergency 81.68% $24,444 9 Emergency 35.00% $164,758 10 Emergency 35.00% ...

Today's date on an Active X Calendar
Could anyone tell me how to set the properties so that the ActiveX calendar I have in the database, displays the current date when the program is openend. I thought this would have been easy, but obviously not! Thanks for any help. CEL504 wrote: > Could anyone tell me how to set the properties so that the ActiveX calendar I > have in the database, displays the current date when the program is openend. > > I thought this would have been easy, but obviously not! > > Thanks for any help. http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/msg/1564d683ede98f8c Jame...

How do I combine two worksheets into one graph
I have two worksheets on an Excel spreadsheet. I would like to take both worksheets and place in one graph. Any suggestions? Make a chart with data from one sheet. Then copy the data on the other sheet, select the chart, and use Paste Special from the Edit menu to add the copied data as New Series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ McPowerUser wrote: > I have two worksheets on an Excel spreadsheet. I would like to take both > worksheets and place in one graph. Any suggestions? ...

ComboBox passing values from selected
In my form (Items_frm) I have a combo box (Itemcbx) that displays 4 columns (Item, Makebuy, Revision, IsActive) but is bound to the first column. However, I would like to pass the other values from the remaining columns to other fields in my form after the selection. Is this possible? Can someone provide a sample code? You can use the Column() attribute. Me.Itemcbx.Column(1) etc. Note that the index for combo box columns is zero-based so 0 is the first, 1 is the second and so on... Steve "Angel G" wrote: > In my form (Items_frm) I have a combo box (Itemcbx) that displ...

comparing numerically two documents
Hi all, I need to compare the text of document A with the text of document B with some Word functionality, plugin or tool that tells me how much the text in the two docs is different. Some kind of reporting feature that tells you something like "The text of document B is X % (percent) different from the text of document A" Is anythig like this available? thanks ...

Deleting Unique Values
How do you delete unique values in a column? I need to filter 7500+ rows to only display duplicate values. The VBA code below will delete the entire row when the value in col. "A" will be uniqe. Consider to make a copy of your entire sheet in order to test the code and see if this is what you need. ------------------------------- Sub Delete_Uniques() LR = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row For R = LR To 1 Step -1 If Application.CountIf(Range("A:A"), Cells(R, 1)) = 1 Then Cells(R, 1).EntireRow.Delete End If N...

Making words in a list a value!!
I am trying to create a list that will generate a value in another column once that word or phrase is chosen. Is this possible and how. Exp. In the drop down list I would chose Product, then in the price column the price automatically appears. brco1, Much better than I could ever explain the process. Here's exactly wha you need. http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html HT -- Case ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Casey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=454 View this thread: http://www.excelforu...

Getting right date value
I setup my DTPicker control to be used only as a date control, yet I'm noticing that sometimes it will give back a date AND a time all in the same "value" variable. Since it appears that a variable of type "Date" can give back both a date and time, how can I eliminate the time half of a date value??? I might not be able to exactly control the DTPicker control to give me JUST a date, so I'm just curious what to do if it gives me back both a date & time. thank u Hi, Try this : Dim x as date x = cdate(clng(DTPicker1.value)) &qu...

find match then change cell value

VLookup #VALUE! error help needed to resolve
The following is the funcation I have: =VLOOKUP(B10,'FA CC Summary Report 1141'!F$9:G$92,2,0) I have all the columns formatted the same; as in the column that the function is using to lookup is text and so is the column for this figure in order to pull back the appropriate answer. I have keyed the data instead of having links. I have replaced the final '0' with TRUE & FALSE then put it back. I have formatted the columns for text and for numbers. But I am getting the #VALUE! error in SOME of the cells NOT all of the cells. I don't know what else to d...

Active X error
I have tried removing the signature, unchecking the Smart Tags, changing the editor to Plain Text as well as to Rich text all to no avail....here is the error one of my users gets when she tries to send and email from Outlook - she can receive just fine: "One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either: "1) Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page, or "2) You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls. As a result, the page may not display correctly." ...

LOOK AT- x-PUBS LONDON- XML.....
Hi Have you seen www.x-pubs.com I think it will be very interesting for your audience. X-Pubs is Europes largest XML publishing conference. We have Ann Rockley, JoAnn Hackos, UBM, Mark Logic, XMetal, Idiom all speaking plus a lot more ...

Secondary Axis not crossing at zero
I have a chart with a primary and secondary axis. Values for the primary axis range from 0 to 260, values for the secondary axis range from -50% to 50%. I would like to have the zeros on both axis line up, so that the negative percentages on the secondary axis are clearly identifiable. I can't find a way to do it. In the default chart, the x axis crosses the primary y-axis at 0, but the 0 on the secondary y-axis is at approximately the same height as the value 50 on the primary axis. Please help! Astrid Right-click on an axis. Format Axis/ Scale. Alter the min and max values ...

#VALUE error when linking to other files
I have a summary sheet that pulls info from approx 10 other excel files. In one column of the summary sheet, the links perform just fine. Each cell in this column is the sum of an entire column in another workbook. When I open the summary page and choose "yes" to update with new information, everything works properly. However, in the same worksheet as this, I have another column where each cell is the result of a SUMIF where the data comes from another workbook. The odd part that I cannot understand is why when I open the summary sheet and update the information do all the cells...

Repeat statements "x" number of times...
Hi All, I have the following code at the end of a long macro: Columns("D:D").Find(What:="total").Select ActiveCell.Offset(0, 4).Range("A1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=Sum(RC[-1]-RC[-2])" ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "0.00" ActiveCell.Font.Bold = True With ActiveCell.Interior .ColorIndex = 6 End With What I am doing is when the word "total" appears, it will go to the cell 4 columns to the right, and then do a formula and format the cell. Question: How can I get this to repeat itself for eac...

Countif and values greater than zero for a named range
I have a workbook with 30+ worksheets. For each of the sheets, there is a cell (F51) that is part of a named range (PPG). On Sheet 1, cell c9, I want to sum the range (PPG) and then divide by ONLY the number of cells on the other sheets (F51) that are greater than 0. I am able to sum and then divide by count (=sum(PPG)/Count(PPG) but I cannot seem to get it to only count the cells that are greater than zero. When I attempt to use suggestions from other posts: (=sum(PPG)/COUNTIF(PPG)>0) I get error. Any help is appreciated. If you need Excel help on how the COUNT...