Graph where source data has different dates

I'm trying to do a comparision line graph with two series of data.  The are
both tracked by date with the same range (from April 2008 to April 2009).
However one series has data monthly and the other has data weekly.  When I
try to combine on a graph the dates just don't line up.

Is it possible to have these line up correctly.  I've tried formatting the
axis to days instead of months but it appears to only line up data points.
So for the data reported monthly, it is graphed across the first 12 days.

Hopefully that makes sense.  If not, just let me know & I'll try to clarify.

Thanks!
0
Chas (10)

Make the line chart with the first set of data, and set the X axis to use
days as the base unit. Add the second set of data, which produces a second
line series using the X values for the first series. Convert just this
series to an XY type, which breaks its dependence on the first set of X
values. Then, in Excel 2003 or earlier, you can move the XY series back to
the primary axis, and it will be aligned appropriately. In 2007 you have to
keep the XY on the secondary axis, and align all the scales yourself.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Chas" <Chas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to do a comparision line graph with two series of data.  The
> are
> both tracked by date with the same range (from April 2008 to April 2009).
> However one series has data monthly and the other has data weekly.  When I
> try to combine on a graph the dates just don't line up.
>
> Is it possible to have these line up correctly.  I've tried formatting the
> axis to days instead of months but it appears to only line up data points.
> So for the data reported monthly, it is graphed across the first 12 days.
>
> Hopefully that makes sense.  If not, just let me know & I'll try to
> clarify.
>
> Thanks!

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Strange difference between IE & Firefox / Chrome / Opera etc
Using FP2003 when I add a new page to an existing site (which uses shared borders by default), any text that is entered on the new page shows properly on IE8, but does not appear at all on Firefox / Chrome / Opera etc. If I change the formatting and deactivate the shared border for that page, the text appears just fine on Firefox / Chrome / Opera etc. The existing pages on the site (using shared borders) display just fine on Firefox / Chrome / Opera etc. What could be responsible for this strange behaviour and how can it be fixed? Cannot answer the question without seein...

Migration, mailbox now mapped to a different user account
I recently migrated from an old Exchange 2000 server to a new Exchange 2003 server. All Pub folders, etc. have replicated successfully and all mailboxes were moved successfully. However, I have a single user that is now have the following problem...whenhe sends an email, it is showing up as "a_different_user" on behalf of this user. When you reply to an email from him, he does not receive the reply as it goes to the other user. Disabling "the_different_user" stops him from sending/receiving mail altogether. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Check his Out...

Formula to Autofill Info based on Other Data
Using: Excel 2000, on Windows 98 Good morning! I'm hoping that someone on here can possibly help me. I have basic Excel knowledge, but this is out of my skill set. My boss has given me a project to work on, in which I have a workbook with two worksheets that I am dealing with. The worksheets are labelled PRICE and SUMMARY. On the PRICE sheet, I have several columns. Column A lists the product name, Columns E list the per page charge for the *red* program, and Column G lists the per page charge for the *blue* program. Those are the columns we will be dealing with. All specific inform...

Need help converting date time to date only
I have a column in my spreadsheet with date and time, you can see in m attachment. I want to convert this column in to date only. Pleas help. Thanks Geng Attachment filename: sales - open orders test.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=57210 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi without looking at your file you could use the following formula in a helper column =INT(A1) and format this cell as 'date' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I have a column in my spreadsheet with date and time, you can see in ...

Adding multiple items in unordered data to match a target amount
I have 3 columns of data - invoiced amounts (A), banked amounts (B) and commission charged (C). A = B + C For each B, there is one C. However, there can be multiple items in A for one item of B + C. Further, the rules for how commission is charged varies by amounts sold; I cannot calculate C by reference to A or B (individually) with any level of accuracy. I'm therefore looking for a way of selecting 1 or multiple items in column B, adding them to 1 or multiple items in column C and tracing this to 1 or multiple items in column A. Help would be gratefully received. ...

And we'll tell the difference how?
"Although no specific plans have been made, executives within Microsoft are examining whether it makes sense to release ad-supported versions of products such as Works, Money, or even the Windows operating system itself, according to internal documents seen by CNET News.com." http://news.com.com/Microsoft+eyes+making+desktop+apps+free/2100-1014_3-5951569.html?part=rss&tag=5951569&subj=news ...

Purge data based on another Excel file???
I am attempting to purge data from a large list based on data in another document. I have the files I want to remaove in on file and the file I want to remove them from. There should be simple way to do this no? ...

Importing Data From Access Problem
I'm trying to import some query results from MS Access into Excel using the Import External Data function. Some of the queries are coming across OK, others are only bringing the column headers across and some are bringing partial data. Does anyone have any ideas why this may be happening? Thanks Helena ...

custom header date formats
How can I set the date format on a custom header? I know I can use &[date] to insert the date...the problem is I want the date to display in a specific format (ex: MMDDYY or MMDDYYYY) Thanks! Ron --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use something like: & TEXT(Today(),"d-mmm-yy") HTH Otto "Ron777 >" <<Ron777.102ysm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Ron777.102ysm@excelforum-nospam.com... > How can I set the date format on a custom header? I know I can use > &[date] to insert the date...the problem is I want the...

Display different outgoing mail domain
We have purchased a domain name that we would like to use for our email. ie we use Stargate as a mail provider, but we want our outgoing mail to show person@companydomain.com instead of person@stargate.net. You could do this in previous versions of Outlook (tell it how to display outgoing email address), but I can't figure out how to do this in 2002 Outlook. Does anyone know if this can be done? ...

displaying dates in UK format
I didn't write the original database and my knowledge of database design is not good enough to duplicate the work already done. With a variety of computers running Windows98 and/or XP, using Access2003, I cannot get dates to display on my forms in UK format (i.e. dd/mm/yyyy or even d/m/yy). The computers in use all have the short date format set to dd/mm/yyyy in regional settings. I have read through http://allenbrowne.com/ser-36.html and tried the formatting suggested there and it didn't work for me. I added it to "Lost focus" and "OnExit" and ...

selecting rows of data
I have an excel worksheet with 4 columbs. I want to automatically select multiple rows of data according to search which will partly match one cell in the row and put the full ro as results in a new worksheet. for example 30/01/03,New York,233.85,complete 20/03/03,New Hampshire,188.22,complete 22/03/03,Texas,90.78,incomplete 23/04/03,Oregon,467.99,complete If the search string is "New" how can I produce a new worksheet whic will contain 30/01/03,New York,233.85,complete 20/03/03,New Hampshire,188.22,complete Any suggestions would be appriciated -- Message posted from http://w...

Bubble Charts
Does anyone know if the bubble chart default shape of circle can be modified to other shapes (i.e. triangle, square)? The flexibility to present different shapes could be useful when presenting two series on the same chart. For example, one series could be the default circle, another a triangle. I have seen this capability in other applications with advanced charting capabilities. I am using Excel 2003. Regards, Joel Hi, Yes you can change the shape. To do so you need to use a custom marker. Create a shape using the autoshapes menu. Format the shape in terms of colour and border. Copy...

Changing OLAP Pivot Table Connection Source
I have numerous spreadsheets that have pivot tables pointing to an OLAP Cube via a connection string. Is there an easy way (either automated or manual) to change the connection string to point to a new version of the OLAP Cube? I can edit the connection properties and navigate to the new .odc connection file, but get an error saying "The OLAP provider returned an unexpected number of dimensions." ...

Backup Data
Blanket broadcast to anyone. Just got a new machine that has MS Money 03. Old machine had same. Tried to download backup from older machine to new machine but couldn't get a restore. Anyone have any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, cbauer wrote: >Blanket broadcast to anyone. Just got a new machine that >has MS Money 03. Old machine had same. Tried to >download backup from older machine to new machine but >couldn't get a restore. Anyone have any ideas? What did you try, and what happened as a result? Try simply copying the backup file from the old machine...

Data validation for 2 valid values
I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list appear. How do I do that with Data->Validation? Data>validation>allow>list, put the 2 values separated by a comma in the source box, uncheck in cell dropdown -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:ujuB%23w52DHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list > appear. > > How do I do that with Data->Validation? > > Using a list, as Peo suggested, will force users to match the ...

pattern of data
I have a table in the below format- For example Customer A and Dzip 678 is being served from ozip 099 twice and 011 once ozip dzip customer 099 678 A 011 678 A 099 678 A 121 875 B 122 875 B 122 875 B I need the below format for the above table. the data in the brackets indicate the no of times ozip appears in the table for a particular set of dzip,customer ozip dzip customer 099(2),011(1) 678 A 121(1),122(2) 875 B Please let me know the query which will give the data in the above format. Thanks in...

external data #3
I would like to be able to access external data from more than one source. Any help on how to do this would be fantastic. I would like excel to reach out to a Access database that I specify at the time it reaches out to get some external data. Usually I get external data through the "get external data", but that only connects to whatever datasource you initially choose. i'd like to be able to choose which Access database I am pulling data from at the time I bring it into Excel. hope that helps, Thanks, Lou Sanderson. "Ron Coderre" wrote: > I think we'l...

data links on subsequent worksheets
I have main data entered on worksheet 1 that I have linked to subsequent worksheets, however when there is no data on worksheet 1 I get 0's printed in the data space. How doI eliminate the 0? If you want to hide all zero values on the sheet, Tools --> Options --> [View] tab and clear the checkbox next to "Zero Values" In Excel 2007, that's "Office Button" --> [Excel Options] --> then [Advanced] in left pane and scroll down to the "Display Options for this Worksheet" and clear the box next to "Show a zero in cells that have a...

Serial Attributes, Lot Category Data
There is no ability to add attribute data to serial numbers in GP. Many industries, especialy Med Devices and Hi-Tech serialize thier product. Each serial number may have individual "attributes", incuding Rev, operator, date ,time, color etc. I would like to see the ability to define a serial category for each item, which in reality could be "Lot Category", as in effect, a serial number is a "lot" of 1. Consideration should be given to allow the look up of an attribute value during orderfulfillment or GI to a higher level MO Additionaly I would like t...

Importing data from Maximizer
Hi: What experience has anyone had with importing Maximizer data into MSCRM using either the Data Migration tool, Scribe, or a combination of both? Scribe don't handle this seamlessly, you apparently need to export to a .csv file first. Is this still quicker using this process with Scribe, than with the DMF? Many Thanks Cathy Allington Hi, We are also looking at migrating Maximizer into CRM. If you would not mind, could you please let me know if you find anything more on this. I would truly appreciate it. Shauna skoppang@shaw.ca "Cathy Allington" wrote: > Hi: > ...

Customer Membership Expiration Date
I have a customer who sells annual memberships to museum patrons, they get a discount in the gift shop. She would like to set the expiration date on the membership at the time she sets up the customer in the database. Does anyone have any ideas how to accomplish this? Add-Ons available? Thanks for your time and knowledge. You can use one of the customer custom date fields, set it equal to the expiry date. Then customize the HTML status bar to indicate whether the date in that field is less than today. Easy as pie, although if you have every tried making a pie it is actually very h...

SnapShot Date?
RMS v1.3.0203 This is for HQ looking at 114 active SO stores. The report is generated in HQ> Rpts> Items> SnapShot Store Price List. What is it that defines the snapshot date? I always looked at it from the inv side post physicals, request item count and reconciliation - but now I am looking at store level pricing (they set their own). I can see the snapshot date is different not only on different stores, but also on different line items from the stores. So far, my best guess has been that the snapshot date is based on a date the store has set or changed their pricing (like p...

Different timezones in Calendars?
Hello, I wonder whether it is possible to define Calendars using different timezones in Exchange public folders? /Regards Anders On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 14:54:23 +0200, "Anders Biro" <anders.biro@remove.ascade.se> wrote: >Hello, I wonder whether it is possible to define Calendars using different >timezones in Exchange public folders? > > /Regards Anders > If you right cli...

2 different fonts in the same cell?
Hello! If I want (Times New Roman) "This is a red Wingdings 3 triangle ([change font] Wingdings 3: 123 [back to Times New Roman]").", I can do that in a cell. But if I refer to that cell (=A1) in B1, the Wingdings font doesn't come over and it winds up all TImes New Roman and looks like "This a red Wingdings 3 triangle ({)." How can I "=A1" for a cell that has two fonts in it and have the two fonts show up?? Thanks! VR/ Lost You can't have that in a FORMULA. You would have to change it to text first. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel Sales...