Graph on new Sheet fills Sheet

I print a graph on a new Sheet. The first instance the graph fills the full
surface available, and I can adjust the plot area within for the proper
aspect ratio.
On second instance the graph fills horizontally but leaves gray space above
and below. I can still adjust the aspect ratio, but since I start with a
graph that has less vertical size I do not get the max size graph.
How can I force the Chart Area to fill up the available space?
Thanks
Pierre

0
pl.carry (26)

Pierre -

You might try fixing the chart this way. Go to Page Setup (File menu),
click on the Chart tab, and select the Use Full Page option. If that
doesn't help, go back to Page Setup, and on the Page tab, check the
paper size. If somehow an envelope has been selected, it would match
your description.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

Pierre wrote:

> I print a graph on a new Sheet. The first instance the graph fills the full
> surface available, and I can adjust the plot area within for the proper
> aspect ratio.
> On second instance the graph fills horizontally but leaves gray space above
> and below. I can still adjust the aspect ratio, but since I start with a
> graph that has less vertical size I do not get the max size graph.
> How can I force the Chart Area to fill up the available space?
> Thanks
> Pierre

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
2/27/2004 5:42:59 PM
Jon,

Thank you, I have tried this but to no avail.

Some more input : I do not intend to print these charts but I do a print
screen and capture them as jpg for photo service, so the page set up I would
hope would not impact, I had not touched it, and strangely the preview
window seems to offer similar views.

Anyway, the chart that takes the full area has no elevator on the right. All
the others (13 charts in all) have one. All of these chart but one have the
elevator taking the full height of the available area, one has the elevator
taking practically all the available heigth but not quite (i.e. I can
uncover parts of the chart that are hidden below the top or lower frame, by
acting on the elevator)

Does that give any clue as to where the settings may be hidden?

Thanks,

Pierre
"Jon Peltier" <jonxlmvpNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message
> Pierre -
>
> You might try fixing the chart this way. Go to Page Setup (File menu),
> click on the Chart tab, and select the Use Full Page option. If that
> doesn't help, go back to Page Setup, and on the Page tab, check the
> paper size. If somehow an envelope has been selected, it would match
> your description.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
> _______
>
> Pierre wrote:
>
> > I print a graph on a new Sheet. The first instance the graph fills the
full
> > surface available, and I can adjust the plot area within for the proper
> > aspect ratio.
> > On second instance the graph fills horizontally but leaves gray space
above
> > and below. I can still adjust the aspect ratio, but since I start with a
> > graph that has less vertical size I do not get the max size graph.
> > How can I force the Chart Area to fill up the available space?
> > Thanks
> > Pierre

0
pl.carry (26)
2/27/2004 7:08:04 PM
Found the trick:
Goto Tools, Options, Chart, tick Chart sizes with window frame.
Pierre

"Pierre" <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
> Jon,
>
> Thank you, I have tried this but to no avail.
>
> Some more input : I do not intend to print these charts but I do a print
> screen and capture them as jpg for photo service, so the page set up I
would
> hope would not impact, I had not touched it, and strangely the preview
> window seems to offer similar views.
>
> Anyway, the chart that takes the full area has no elevator on the right.
All
> the others (13 charts in all) have one. All of these chart but one have
the
> elevator taking the full height of the available area, one has the
elevator
> taking practically all the available heigth but not quite (i.e. I can
> uncover parts of the chart that are hidden below the top or lower frame,
by
> acting on the elevator)
>
> Does that give any clue as to where the settings may be hidden?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pierre
> "Jon Peltier" <jonxlmvpNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message
> > Pierre -
> >
> > You might try fixing the chart this way. Go to Page Setup (File menu),
> > click on the Chart tab, and select the Use Full Page option. If that
> > doesn't help, go back to Page Setup, and on the Page tab, check the
> > paper size. If somehow an envelope has been selected, it would match
> > your description.
> >
> > - Jon
> > -------
> > Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> > Peltier Technical Services
> > http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
> > _______
> >
> > Pierre wrote:
> >
> > > I print a graph on a new Sheet. The first instance the graph fills the
> full
> > > surface available, and I can adjust the plot area within for the
proper
> > > aspect ratio.
> > > On second instance the graph fills horizontally but leaves gray space
> above
> > > and below. I can still adjust the aspect ratio, but since I start with
> > > graph that has less vertical size I do not get the max size graph.
> > > How can I force the Chart Area to fill up the available space?
> > > Thanks
> > > Pierre

0
pl.carry (26)
2/28/2004 11:43:31 AM
Hi Pierre -

Glad you found it. I didn't suggest that one, because I find it gives an
appearance that is different from the eventual printout. But then you're
not printing.

If you know a little VBA, you can directly export a chart to a gif or
jpg file. Most charts will look better in gif, by the way, unless you're
using gradient fills or picture fills.

Here's a sample macro:

Sub ExportChart()
   ActiveChart.Export ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\" & ActiveSheet.Name _
     & ".gif", "GIF"
   '' change "gif" to "jpg" or "png"
   '' other formats may be available on your machine
End Sub

- Jon
-------

Pierre wrote:
> Found the trick:
> Goto Tools, Options, Chart, tick Chart sizes with window frame.
> Pierre
>
> "Pierre" <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
>
>>Jon,
>>
>>Thank you, I have tried this but to no avail.
>>
>>Some more input : I do not intend to print these charts but I do a print
>>screen and capture them as jpg for photo service, so the page set up I
>
> would
>
>>hope would not impact, I had not touched it, and strangely the preview
>>window seems to offer similar views.
>>
>>Anyway, the chart that takes the full area has no elevator on the right.
>
> All
>
>>the others (13 charts in all) have one. All of these chart but one have
>
> the
>
>>elevator taking the full height of the available area, one has the
>
> elevator
>
>>taking practically all the available heigth but not quite (i.e. I can
>>uncover parts of the chart that are hidden below the top or lower frame,
>
> by
>
>>acting on the elevator)
>>
>>Does that give any clue as to where the settings may be hidden?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Pierre
>>"Jon Peltier" <jonxlmvpNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Pierre -
>>>
>>>You might try fixing the chart this way. Go to Page Setup (File menu),
>>>click on the Chart tab, and select the Use Full Page option. If that
>>>doesn't help, go back to Page Setup, and on the Page tab, check the
>>>paper size. If somehow an envelope has been selected, it would match
>>>your description.
>>>
>>>- Jon
>>>-------
>>>Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>>>Peltier Technical Services
>>>http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
>>>_______

>>full

> proper

>>above

0
jonNO1 (306)
2/28/2004 2:07:33 PM
Jon,

Thank you for your macro I will try it.

Actually for this application I may print on  a quality printer with photo
paper, but the main issue is this
When I do picture fill the picture adapts itself to the plot area. This
results in pixel interpolation since the source jpg has no reason to have
excatly the same dimensions than the plot area. As a result this loses
resolution.

What I would prefer is that Excel adapts its plot area to fit the picture. I
can crop the picture before so that it falls within acceptable limits for
Excel.
I believe however, that this is asking the application a lot. What I resort
to doing is copy the picture above the plot and touch up the excel plot
window so that the boundaries match as well as possible. However, no perfect
match leads to interpolation, difficult trick. Would be good if one could
force Excel to adopt a plot area of, say, 895*732, (the picture size). That
could perhaps the easy way out. Can this be done with VBA?

Regards,

Pierre

"Jon Peltier" <jonNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message
> Hi Pierre -
>
> Glad you found it. I didn't suggest that one, because I find it gives an
> appearance that is different from the eventual printout. But then you're
> not printing.
>
> If you know a little VBA, you can directly export a chart to a gif or
> jpg file. Most charts will look better in gif, by the way, unless you're
> using gradient fills or picture fills.
>
> Here's a sample macro:
>
> Sub ExportChart()
>    ActiveChart.Export ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\" & ActiveSheet.Name _
>      & ".gif", "GIF"
>    '' change "gif" to "jpg" or "png"
>    '' other formats may be available on your machine
> End Sub
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
> _______
>
> Pierre wrote:
> > Found the trick:
> > Goto Tools, Options, Chart, tick Chart sizes with window frame.
> > Pierre
> >
> > "Pierre" <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
> >
> >>Jon,
> >>
> >>Thank you, I have tried this but to no avail.
> >>
> >>Some more input : I do not intend to print these charts but I do a print
> >>screen and capture them as jpg for photo service, so the page set up I
> >
> > would
> >
> >>hope would not impact, I had not touched it, and strangely the preview
> >>window seems to offer similar views.
> >>
> >>Anyway, the chart that takes the full area has no elevator on the right.
> >
> > All
> >
> >>the others (13 charts in all) have one. All of these chart but one have
> >
> > the
> >
> >>elevator taking the full height of the available area, one has the
> >
> > elevator
> >
> >>taking practically all the available heigth but not quite (i.e. I can
> >>uncover parts of the chart that are hidden below the top or lower frame,
> >
> > by
> >
> >>acting on the elevator)
> >>
> >>Does that give any clue as to where the settings may be hidden?
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>
> >>Pierre
> >>"Jon Peltier" <jonxlmvpNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message

> >>full

> > proper

> >>above

0
pl.carry (26)
3/3/2004 11:20:14 AM
Pierre -

You need to make the plot's inside area 895x732, give or take a factor
of 0.75, to convert pixels (the picture measurement) to points (the
chart measurement). You directly control the plot's "outside" area when
you set the plotarea.width and .height, but this includes the variable
width margins used for axis labels. What you have to do in VBA is freeze
the font size and label orientation, measure the plot area inside and
outside dimensions, and adjust the outside dimensions by enough to get
the desired inside dimensions. Sometimes this takes a couple iterations,
and due to rounding you might only get as close as one point on the
inside area dimensions. But a mismatch of one pixel on the width of the
picture probably will not matter.

- Jon
-------

Pierre wrote:

> Jon,
>
> Thank you for your macro I will try it.
>
> Actually for this application I may print on  a quality printer with photo
> paper, but the main issue is this
> When I do picture fill the picture adapts itself to the plot area. This
> results in pixel interpolation since the source jpg has no reason to have
> excatly the same dimensions than the plot area. As a result this loses
> resolution.
>
> What I would prefer is that Excel adapts its plot area to fit the picture. I
> can crop the picture before so that it falls within acceptable limits for
> Excel.
> I believe however, that this is asking the application a lot. What I resort
> to doing is copy the picture above the plot and touch up the excel plot
> window so that the boundaries match as well as possible. However, no perfect
> match leads to interpolation, difficult trick. Would be good if one could
> force Excel to adopt a plot area of, say, 895*732, (the picture size). That
> could perhaps the easy way out. Can this be done with VBA?
>
> Regards,
>
> Pierre
>

> "Jon Peltier" <jonNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message
>
>>Hi Pierre -
>>
>>Glad you found it. I didn't suggest that one, because I find it gives an
>>appearance that is different from the eventual printout. But then you're
>>not printing.
>>
>>If you know a little VBA, you can directly export a chart to a gif or
>>jpg file. Most charts will look better in gif, by the way, unless you're
>>using gradient fills or picture fills.
>>
>>Here's a sample macro:
>>
>>Sub ExportChart()
>>   ActiveChart.Export ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\" & ActiveSheet.Name _
>>     & ".gif", "GIF"
>>   '' change "gif" to "jpg" or "png"
>>   '' other formats may be available on your machine
>>End Sub
>>
>>- Jon
>>-------
>>Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>>Peltier Technical Services
>>http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
>>_______
>>
>>Pierre wrote:
>>
>>>Found the trick:
>>>Goto Tools, Options, Chart, tick Chart sizes with window frame.
>>>Pierre
>>>
>>>"Pierre" <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message

>>>would

>>>All

>>>the

>>>elevator

>>>by

>>>proper

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

2010 Beta: New "Linked Note" Feature Not Working
I have downloaded the 2010 Beta version, but the new function "Linked Notes" (which automatically adds links to the program one is using -- if one uses the "docked" screen view) does not work at all. Has anyone else experienced this? Or know how to remedy it? I am using the 2010 OneNote file format (which is required to use the new feature). David [Note this is a re-post. Subject was incomplete on first post[ djprius wrote: > [Note this is a re-post. Subject was incomplete on first post[ Unnecessary and only disturbing. Rainald On Dec 1...

exporting address book to new computer
It seems that I have to know the file name & ext of my outlook address book in order to export it. I've done a search for *.pab and *.wab and am unable to locate my address book. I had some documentation before that called out how to do this xfer from one pc to another but can't find it. Can anyone lend a hand? Jay What version of Outlook? If Outlook 98 or 2000, in what mode is it installed (check second line of text after selecting Help | About Microsoft Outlook)? When you open your address book, where are the addresses? Are they in a Contacts folder or does it say, &qu...

Graph Series Questions
I have two Excel 2003 questions: 1) Is there any way to move a series of data once a chart has been created? For instance, say my four series are listed in the legend as 2, 3, 4, 1, and I want to put series 1 to the top. Is there an easier way than going back to the source data and re-establishing all the data series in the order I want them to appear in the legend? 2) I have a chart that automatically pulls its data source from another worksheet to create a graph. The problem is that there is a lot of zero data being pulled over, and this zero data is still being plotted into the g...

Exchange Server Migration from 2000 to 2003 and from old to new hardware
Hi I've been searching around the Internet for a document, book or some type of reference that shows the steps in migrating exchange server 2000 to 2003 and if needed exchange server transfer to new hardware. Does anyone know of a good book or tech doc that descibes this detail. The topics in question are "When to run pfmigrate, When to run exdeploy etc. Even a step by step process would do the trick. Thanks -T http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Migrating-Exchange2000-Exchange-2003-Hardware.html That is a good one. "Nino_1" wrote: > Hi > > I've been se...

combine sheets
Hi! I have a workbook with 50 worksheets. And i want to combine 50 sheets into one sheet Is it possible? If yes then how Thanks in Advance Hardeep Kanwar Good morning See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "renu98" <hardeep.kanwar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8c836841-6ebe-4834-9e10-971a37f5071e@q1g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi! > > I have a workbook with 50 worksheets. And i want to combine 50 sheets > into one sheet > > Is it possible? > If yes then how > > Thanks in Adva...

Trigger that acts on either the NEW pk or the existing pk
Hello folks, I have not posted for a while, I hope this group is as good as it used to be. I want to write a trigger that performs an insert or update or delete on another table. The trigger would fire on insert, update, or delete. The table has a pk field called idx. So after the sql statement is completed, the trigger needs to be able to get the pk (value) that was just added, updated, or deleted. Assume I have a table of idx (pk), num (int (not unique)), Fruit (char20) I need the trigger to get the idx...then i will get the num,,,then I will create a cursor that "...

New Archive.pst file
How do I create a new archive2010.pst file? I want to keep archives by year. William Wolfe;114692 Wrote: > How do I create a new archive2010.pst file? I want to keep archives by > year. Change the name of the autoarchive file in the AutoArchive options, then stop and restart Outlook. The next time autoarchive runs, Outlook will create that PST. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] http://forums.slipstick.com ...

HELP, Queue filled with relay spam
Is there a way to purge all mail that is currently in the SMTP Queue in Exchange 2003? I'm trying to browse the queue but there is so much spam that is relaying off my server that it is essentially shutting down my server. Can this be done from the command prompt? Stop smtp svc. Go to \mailroot\vsi 1\queue Del *.eml Once you're done, make sure 1) you're not an open relay 2) implement recipient filtering - do not receive mail for recipients that do not exist in AD - along with STMP tarpitting 3) can also implement connection filtering to block specific IP addresses 4) sender...

New sony laptop but product key ain't working.
I just purchased a sony laptop with home premium windows 7 and the product key that's on the botton just ain't working, keep saying it's invalid. Any advise, please? -- droseindehouse ------------------------------------------------------------------------ droseindehouse's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/165257.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/office-setup/1284044.htm http://forums.techarena.in The key on the base of the laptop is for win, as it clearly states Any Office version you have installed will be a Trial, unless you pa...

CRT new exception
I have a program that repeatedly allocates and deallocates memory in small amounts (ranging from 1 byte to 25 bytes). This is done 1000s of time during the lifetime of the program and for simplicity and unit testing reasons, i test this using a win32 console application template using Visual C++ 6.0. I leave the program running and it usually is broken in somewhere around a "new" call after a couple of hours. The code i am trying to unit test is well behaved and deallocates all memory it allocates. (The allocation calls are all new BYTE[x] calls. x being a value from 1 and upw...

SQL Options-Adding new users in V9
Updated to V9.0, and also use PDK. When we hire a new employee we add the employee to PDK (which updates the SQL Database) At a later date the employee may become a Dynamics user so I need to set them up in Dynamics as a user also. In Version 7.5 there was an options for 'SQL Options' with 2 checkboxes, that were unchecked (did not update SQL database) when adding a new user. I cant find this option in version 9 and now can,t add users to Dynamics because I get that message 'A SQL Login with this user name already exists, Choose a different User name' GP 9.0 on SQL...

new
Take a look at this: DLL, loaded into address space of main thread. In Main Thread: MYSTRUCT *p = MYDLL.GetStruc(); ..... AfxIsValidAddress( p, sizeof( MYSTRUCT ) ); // Doesn't Fail > delete p; // Fail MYDLL GetStruct() exported function: MYSTRUCT* p = new MYSTRUCT .... return p; Really strange, delete p in Main Thread fails. It fails an ASSERT : _ASSERTE(_CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)); into _free_dbg Before performing "delete p" the pointer is OK, i've taken a look at memory and everythig is OK!!!! Thanks Ale It fails on: HeapValid...

Update a control when a new page is opened in a form
I want to make a command button visible so the user can perform an action (say, print a letter) when a certain text box is filled in. I was finally successful in doing this. However, when I open a new page in the form, I can't figure out how to make the command button invisible again -- the command button remains visible even though the text box is empty. How do I get the page (whether I am clicking forward or backward) to make the command button visible (if the text box is filled in) or make the command button invisible (if the text box is empty)? I am very new to Access. I am...

Moving info from multiple sheets (ove 130) into a single sheet
I am attempting to analyze financial data that is only available in a poorly organized text file. Currently we have developed a macro that imports the file to excel, then breaks out the information by individual componants on separate sheets. I have two actions to perform to make this a readable report: 1) The reference data on each sheet is in cells A1:B3 (Col A has the lable, Col B has the data). I'd like to populate this next to every line item on the sheet. 2)I'd like to consolidate all this info onto a summary sheet for reporting purposes (or to make a pivot table, etc). These ...

New Snap ins for CRM
Hello, how can I create new Snap-ins? Or modify the Busines Data lookup - Snap-in? Coding? Drag and Drop by a generator? I dont find anything in the web! greetings, Stefan Look in the MS CRM Sandbox linked off of www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm The MS CRM Developers playground -- Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC President, The Norwich Group http://thenorwichgroup.blogs.com/mscrm "Stefan" <Stefan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B1DA2E7-860C-4A08-A8F6-ACEEF759B6F7@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > how can I create new Snap-ins? Or modify the Busines ...

Grouped Sheets and Formating
I recorded the following macro to undertake formatting of certain columns to autofit and centre certain columns. Columns("A:A").EntireColumn.AutoFit Columns("C:C").EntireColumn.AutoFit Columns("K:K").EntireColumn.AutoFit Range("K1").Select With Selection .HorizontalAlignment = xlLeft .VerticalAlignment = xlCenter .WrapText = False .Orientation = 0 .AddIndent = False .IndentLevel = 0 .ShrinkToFit = False .MergeCells = False End With Columns("C:C").Sel...

Macro & Protected sheet
Hello everyone I have a sheet which is protected so that cells cannot be changed and formulas are hidden which works well. However I also have a macro on this sheet which I still want people to be able to use. (see below) I have seen some answers already but seem to be doing something wrong - what do I need to add to the below to have the macro only run but keep the actual cells locked/protected? Many thanks Sub Sort() ' ' Sort Macro ' Macro recorded 17/03/2010 by Lisa Senior ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+o ' Columns("A:A").Select ...

Why does my new hotmail account not work in Outlook?
I've double and triple checked all login and password info and my new hotmail account will not work in Outlook. What is the problem? nathanparlee wrote: > I've double and triple checked all login and password info and my new hotmail > account will not work in Outlook. What is the problem? Free accounts don't work - you need a subscription account - get your wallet out!!! If its a new account only premium hotmail accounts can be used with OL "nathanparlee" <nathanparlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8BCACD2-2F65-4128-99F1-92952A5FBE0...

Excel 2003 chart sheet disappears in Excel 2007
An Excel 2003 file has spreed sheets and chart sheets visible when opened with Excel 2003, but some of the chart sheets are not present when the file is opened in my Excel 2007 -- however, some are present! I sent the file to someone else who has Excel 2007 and he is able to see all of the chart sheets on his Excel 2007. What settings should I be tweaking to see all of the chart sheets? ...

Getting & Using Sheet Names or Index in VBA code
How do you get each Sheet Name in a Workbook so you can use it in code? I know that each Sheet, regardless of Name has an Index of 1 through n beginning with the leftmost Sheet but I don't know how to use that information. I have one reference book, Excel 2003 VBA, that says there is a Worksheet Property 'Name' that returns a String and in the Description of that Property it says 'Set/Get the name of the worksheet'. Unfortunately, it doesn't tell me how to use that in code. I don't really care whether I use the name of each Sheet or the Index but if you c...

Excel (2007) won't do a particular X-Y (Point) graph for me..
Hi, Well, Excel _does_ X-Y graphs, but not this one. I have, in the columns A, B, G, and E from row 7 to 5175, sequential time, data, and data (and dummy data) , respectively. When I make an X-Y plot using the time column for the X-axis, it plots as expected. But when I plot column B versus column D, I get column B on the Y-axis, and the (relative?) row number on the X-axis. (There are gaps in the data, but any gaps plot alright in a smaller data sub set, even if they are not matched). My workaround consists of plotting B versus D and E, and then remove E ;-) Somehow it seems Excel won&#...

Transferring Outlook Express mail to new PC
I may have done this wrong. I exported a .pst file from OE on my old PC, thinking I can import it into OE on the new PC, but it doesn't recognize the file. Does anyone know how to do this? The old files are gone and all I have is the .pst file, so if it can't be imported I'm out of luck. Thanks to everyone. Ed a PST is used with Outlook, not OE. Did you store the file on a CD? The read only flag needs to be removed if you did... Are you getting an error message? what does it say? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlo...

migrating to new computer
I am just in the process of migrating my data from a Win98 machine to a Win2000 machine. I am running Outlook 2000 on both. When I try to configure my accounts on the new machine I am finding a different process for doing this. Rather than going to Tools/Accounts and configuring my email accounts, I am finding that I must go to Tools/Services and the configuration process is quite different from what I am familiar with. What accounts for this difference and which configuration should I be using? Thanks in advance. rdh I think I have it figured out - I must have configured it incorrectly ...

Auto Scoring Sheet
I am trying to set up an Auto Scoring System for Online-Golf. I have 20+ players each playing 4 18-hole rounds, after each round they are to enter the round No. they played and the score they had eg Rnd 1 and -10. I want to use Combo Box’s for the Player Name, Round No. and Score. I can do it with VLOOKUP but when I try and enter the 2nd players round and Score the 1st Players round and Score disappears. I want it simple for the players to use and easy to amend when required. Once completed it is to be put into a web page so that all players can use it. I can post the web link here if i...

create a new user
I just created a new user in GP 8.0, assigned the user to a class, and company. I checked SQL Server and found the user is also created in database. But I got "There isn't a valid login record on the server for the user ID and password you entered." when I tried to login the new user. Do I need to do more to create a new user? Please help. Thanks. You need to have the SQL options Create Server Logons as well as Create Database Users turned on. This can be done through GPUtilities -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help lea...