Graph Line Width ?

Hello,

Using Excel 2007.

Dumb question, but I just can't seem to get it to work.

Have a chart with a line graph.
Guess it's called a Scatter Graph.
Bunch of points, with lines connecting the points; the typical kind of
thing.

Looks fine, but I want to make the lines connecting all the data points
"thinner".

After clicking on the line graph (which I guess selects it) I
right-click with the mouse and go to Format Data Points, but this
doesn't seem to do anything for the entire line.

How can I easily change the line width for the entire graph ?

Thanks,
Bob
0
rgsrose1 (8)

On Apr 7, 3:01=A0pm, Robert11 <rgsr...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Using Excel 2007.
>
> Dumb question, but I just can't seem to get it to work.
>
> Have a chart with a line graph.
> Guess it's called a Scatter Graph.
> Bunch of points, with lines connecting the points; the typical kind of
> thing.
>
> Looks fine, but I want to make the lines connecting all the data points
> "thinner".
>
> After clicking on the line graph (which I guess selects it) I
> right-click with the mouse and go to Format Data Points, but this
> doesn't seem to do anything for the entire line.
>
> How can I easily change the line width for the entire graph ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Please take a look at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

 - item 113.

With reference to the above chart to make the line narrower take the
following actions:-

1. Click the line to highlight it.

2. Right click then:-

Format Data Series . . .

The Format Data Series window should open.

3. In the Format Data Series window click on:-

Line Style

 - being the 5th item down on the left hand side.

4. Now, on the right hand side, increasing / decreasing the:-

Width:

 - setting at the top will change how broad the line is.

Does this give you what you want?

0
info9487 (39)

Don't graph blanks
Oh Gods of Excel please help me. I want to use a line graph to chart the production of a given machine but on the days it doesn't run, I don't want the zero productio included as one of the data points. I pull the summary data for the chart by using an "IF" statement tha returns either the production for that day or a "" (blank) when it' zero. I was hoping that it would treat the blank like an empty cell but it treats it like a zero. Is there anyway to get around this -- Ed Needshel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ed...

How do I freeze a pane on Excel but leave one line unfrozen?
I have frozen a pane on my SS to show my categories against data as you scroll along, but my title ( on Row 1) disappears. I was wondering if there is a way of unfreezing the pane just for Row 1? Or making it so the title is constantly present Paul, select a cell in row 2 and then freeze panes -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Paul S" <Paul S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F92F67E8-F...

Copy only certain lines from one sheet to another
Hi All Have a sheet that has data in. I would like to copy all lines from that sheet to next sheet if one column as a particular ' variable ' in i.e in this case L which represents a live case. To try and explain more, say for example sheet1 has 100 names and their adresses in with a final column with the letter L in. But only a selection has the letter L in. Would like to find these letter L and put them in sheet two, of course if sheet 1 has a letter L deleted or added sheet 2 is updated automatically. Hope I have explained ok. TIA p.s sorting sheet 1 and copying and past...

standard deviation graph
I have values that are produced every 3 minutes. I have calculated the standard deviation of those values for each hour for a 7 month span. That is 5115 records. How do I make a bell shaped curve with these values? keano - I suggest you start by creating a histogram (column chart of a frequency distribution). The Histogram tool of the Analysis ToolPak (an Excel-provided add-in) automates the procedure, or you could use my Better Histogram tool available from the Histogram page at www.treeplan.com. The chart of the frequency distribution may or may not have a bell shape. - Mike M...

Adding a new line to an existing graph, using excel 2007
Hi: I would like instructions on how to add a new line to an existing graph (that already has 5 lines), using Excel 2007. The data is already in my spreadsheet. -- jim white EXCEL 2007 1. Right click in the graph. 2. Of the options that become displayed select:- Select Data . . . 3. Select Data Source window should launch. 4. Highlight the extended range of data you want to include in your graph (including the new data). 5. Hit OK. 6. The 6th line should get added to your graph. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "...

Drawing Horizontal Lines
Blood pressure chart. Vertical bars for each occurence signify the two readings. Want line going horizontally across chart at 80 and 120. Need instructions please. Hurry. BP = 145/90 and rising. :-) Try http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine -- David Biddulph "jaygreg" <jaygreg90@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OhfK5q0AHHA.144@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Blood pressure chart. Vertical bars for each occurence signify the two > readings. Want line going horizontally across chart at 80 and 120. Need > instructions please. Hurry. BP = 145/...

Why last line prints on second page
I have a two page form. The last line of the first page now prints on the top of the 2nd page. It USED TO print properly on the bottom of the first page. I don't know what I changed to have it print at the top of the 2nd page. How do I get it to print back on the bottom of the first page? I don't print forms, but I am thinking that either your margins changed or your printer, so check your margins. God Bless, Mark A. Sam "tjsmags" <tjsmags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDD44327-C3D0-47D3-A7FB-D5E5AFD6CACA@microsoft.com... >I have a t...

Wonky Area Graph Problem
For a project I'm working on I have an area graph that has two series (actual data and projected data). As the x-axis has weekly data i'd like the point of the "actual data" to flow right into the "forecasted data". This works but for some bizarre reason the vertical line that separates these two areas is not purely vertical but slants backward to the left. Probably best to show a picture of this. I've posted it here: http://ken.net/images/WonkyAreaGraph.jpg Any help would be appreciated. Your data is like actual projected 1-jan-07 1...

Drawing Lines
Is there an easy way to draw lines around a range of cells where you can specify to draw the line on the top, bottom, left or right side of the range? Thanks. highlight the range of cells, right click on the higlighted area, click Format, click borders. You should play around with the borders until you understand each border button behavior. Set thickness of the line is on the right. I normally do bold lines around the edge then in between cells I usually go with a thinner line. "Wayne Hummer" wrote: > Is there an easy way to draw lines around a range of cells where y...

complete a line in the middle of a graph to meet both X and Y axes
I have created a line chart with limited data and now want to execute that line in order that they intersect both x and y axes, on the same path.. How can i perform this in Microsoft Excel ...

Floating Graphs
Is it possible in Excel, to have a chart "floating" on a sheet, ie. as I scroll across or up and down the data on the sheet, to have the chart remain in the same place on the screen. Thanks, Rob "OM" wrote in message news:45013ea8$0$11971$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au > Is it possible in Excel, to have a chart "floating" on a sheet, ie. as I > scroll across or up and down the data on the sheet, to have the chart remain > in the same place on the screen. See this thread. "Floating Command button" http://groups.google.com/group/microsof...

Creating a time line
I am interested in creating a timeline of events. Is there a way to do this using Office 2000 software? look at micrrosoft project instead "melanie" <couchm02@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:003201c3d542$d97d4810$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am interested in creating a timeline of events. Is there > a way to do this using Office 2000 software? ...

For "Marker Line Style" see Point.Format.Line.Weight
This is not a question, just a place to record the answer to this question in case somebody else searches for it; or I forget again in the future. I wanted to know: What object do I use to set the heaviness of the lines in a chart point marker? Not the series line, the point marker eg the asterisk xlMarkerStyleStar In the UI it's right-click, Format Data Point Marker Line style, Width 2pt say. In VBA I can set oPoint.MarkerStyle = xlMarkerStyleStar but I can't find any reference to "Marker Line Style" and neither did this newsgroup - until now I guess. And of course...

How to customize column width in Ressource Usage report ?
Hi, When printing the Workload, Ressource Usage report, some of the durations are stated as #####.##. I tried to make the font smaller but it did'ent help. How do I make the report readable? I am using MS Project 2007 SP2. Br Bertrand If you goto Reports, Custom you can see all of the built-in reports and you can see what they are made of and you will see that they use a filter and a table (and other settings and stuff). The column width of each field is a property of the table. Find the report that you are interested in, then find the table that it uses, then e...

multiple lines
I have a master woksheet that I will type an item number into the sheet and then I want to retrieve data from another worksheet. If I do a vlookup, it will retrieve the line but my problem is on the worksheet it has multiple lines. I need to know what formula to use. Example: Master Worksheet (I enter the A1234 and the three lines appear) A1234 This is a test This is a big test This is a small test On the dataworksheet that I am pulling the info from: A1234 This is a test A1234 This is a big test A1234 This is a small test I would appreciate anyone's...

Need to create a bar chart with variable column widths
I've been asked to create a [Mackel] chart. It plots $ on the Y-axis - has labels on the X - but he wants the column widths along the X to coorespond to predefined numbers. There is no predefined charts that do this with bar graphs. Anyone have any ideas how to accomplish this? Li - Visit Stephen Bullen's web site, http://bmsltd.co.uk, the Excel - Charting section, and look for his funchrt5.xls example (I think that's the one, read the description to be sure). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Li wrot...

Inserting a carriage return or line feed into data?
I am new to Excel and can not figure out how to insert a carriage return or line feed into my data. here is the formula I am currently using in a cell: =IF(+G115="mail",CONCATENATE(A115," attn: ",F115," ",B115," ",C115," ",D115),"") Here is teh resultant data as copied into Word A FLOWERTIME INC attn: Tom Smith� 1111 GUNN HWY # A� TAMPA, FL 33625� What I would like to see is this A FLOWERTIME INC attn: Tom Smith� 1111 GUNN HWY # A� TAMPA, FL 33625� How do I get carriage returns or line feeds into the formula? Thanks Hi ...

Complicated question re: adding extra horizontal lines
Excel 2003 I have a standard clustered column chart and it shows numbers (in time) gathered for several different groups each month (so group A has bars for Jan - June [eventually - Dec] then group B, etc) I have put a horozontal line across denoting the target number for all of them (same each month so it's one line across) I would like to add another horozontal line for EACH group showing it's YTD average. So t his line wouldn't go across the entire chart, only across the section for that particular group, but I don't know how to do that. I figured it would be somethin...

Cannot get graph to work properly
i have never used the graph wizard in access before, always excel, but really need to do it in access. i tried the chart wizard, but it does not set it up correctly. Basically i need a line graph, that on the x-axis shows the hours of the day (in hour increments-24 hours), the y-axis to show a flow value (mg), there will need to be 2 lines on the graph (weekend and weekday shown seperately), and there are multiple sites that will each need a graph hopefully all in the same report with each monitor site on a different page. My table that the graph is running off of is set up wi...

How do I add a reference line to Excel charts?
I want to add a simple horizontal line across a chart that represents the average of the lines of plotted data, in my case monthly grocery expenditures. The data is graphed in a simple bar format, and I'd just like an average line that stands out. see tushar methta's page http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html roswellmike <roswellmike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45F0F11B-8D2B-4401-A16D-6A9BD27458E2@microsoft.com... > I want to add a simple horizontal line across a chart that represents the > average of the lines of ...

Bar chart with height and width
I want to be able to plot areas in a graph using the information below. For example for row A I want to plot a rectangle with corners (3,1)(3,2)(4,1)(4,2). | x to x | y to y ----+---------------+-------------- a | 3 4 | 1 2 b | 6 7 | 2 4 c | 9 21 | 10 12 Any help would be appreciated. Andy Hi Andy, You would need to use an xy scatter chart. And you will also need to expand your data points. Your new data would be something like this; 3 1 3 2 4 2 4 1 3 1 <Blank> <Blank> 6 2 6 4 7 4 7 2 6 2 <Blank> <Blank> 9 10 9 12 21 12 21 10 9 10 By...

Graph Values
I have a bar graph with 5 years of data; however, I would like to show the values for only the last two years. It there a way to do this? Thanks. Michelle Maybe you could just apply Data|filter|autofilter to your data. Then show just the dates you want. Then select the chart and tools|options|Chart Tab Make sure that "Plot visible cells only" is checked. (It was for me by default.) Michelle wrote: > > I have a bar graph with 5 years of data; however, I would > like to show the values for only the last two years. > > It there a way to do this? > > Tha...

Separations in a Line Chart
I need to create a line chart with sales ($) on the vertical axis and months by salesperson on the horizontal axis. The question I have is whether or not you can get the line to break in between each salesperson. Thanks in advance for your time on this issue. On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, GDCross <GDCross@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I need to create a line chart with sales ($) on the vertical axis and months >by salesperson on the horizontal axis. The question I have is whether or not >you can get the line to break in between each salesperso...

Using the Join function on lines from an AutoCAD import
Hi, I use Visio 2007 and I have a problem joining lines and then filling the resultant shape on an AutoCAD import. So, I imported my DWG file. I've done a convert once it imported. I've discovered that there's a layer called DWGEntityColorOverrideLayer and that this has to be ticked to allow Visio to recolour lines, etc. I've got a selection of lines and arcs that touch up against each other to form a single shape. I want to fill that shape. So I select all the lines and use the Shapes > Operations > Join function and the join goes ahead but the fill ...

Keep Colun Width The Same
I have a spreadsheet that I have to keep adjusting some of the columns in order to fit the headings. I'm thinking that it is only sizing wide enough for the data in the cells and not taking into account the heading width. Is there a way that I can adjust the column width so that it is wide enough for both the heading and the data and have it stay that way every time? This is driving me nuts, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much! When you use Autofit the column width is adjusted to fit the longest entry in the column. This includes the header cell. What are you...