Graph Line Width ?

Hello,

Using Excel 2007.

Dumb question, but I just can't seem to get it to work.

Have a chart with a line graph.
Guess it's called a Scatter Graph.
Bunch of points, with lines connecting the points; the typical kind of
thing.

Looks fine, but I want to make the lines connecting all the data points
"thinner".

After clicking on the line graph (which I guess selects it) I
right-click with the mouse and go to Format Data Points, but this
doesn't seem to do anything for the entire line.

How can I easily change the line width for the entire graph ?

Thanks,
Bob
0
rgsrose1 (8)

On Apr 7, 3:01=A0pm, Robert11 <rgsr...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Using Excel 2007.
>
> Dumb question, but I just can't seem to get it to work.
>
> Have a chart with a line graph.
> Guess it's called a Scatter Graph.
> Bunch of points, with lines connecting the points; the typical kind of
> thing.
>
> Looks fine, but I want to make the lines connecting all the data points
> "thinner".
>
> After clicking on the line graph (which I guess selects it) I
> right-click with the mouse and go to Format Data Points, but this
> doesn't seem to do anything for the entire line.
>
> How can I easily change the line width for the entire graph ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Please take a look at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

 - item 113.

With reference to the above chart to make the line narrower take the
following actions:-

1. Click the line to highlight it.

2. Right click then:-

Format Data Series . . .

The Format Data Series window should open.

3. In the Format Data Series window click on:-

Line Style

 - being the 5th item down on the left hand side.

4. Now, on the right hand side, increasing / decreasing the:-

Width:

 - setting at the top will change how broad the line is.

Does this give you what you want?

0
info9487 (39)

Pivot Chart, line graph w/ multiple series
I have columns of cust, year, est sales, actual sales. Customer is put in page area, year is put on category axis. I can add est sales to data area and will have one line. But when I add the actual sales to the data area, it does not show as a line, but adds itself to the category x axis. Am I missing something? If you are adding the field directly on to the PivotChart, consider using the associated PivotTable. Is the 'actual sales' column part of the data field or one of the the row/column fields? Ensure it is a data field. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel ww...

How do I edit the subject line of emails that I've received?
I used to be able to edit the subject line of my received emails that are in my Inbox. Some people do not know how to compose a helpful subject line. :) Somehow I hit the wrong key or the wrong button, and now my ability to edit is gone. I can't figure out how to do it again, and I can't find it in Help topics. I might not be searching for the correct phrase, though. Any help would be SO appreciated. Thanks! Reply to the email, change the Subject line and then close it, saving the changes. "e11en" <e11en@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Coulmn widths different between 2 files?
Hello, I am trying to set column widths in one file to match that of another file. I set the columns to the same size (40) in each file. However, they end up different widths! The width in the first files says '40.00 (245 pixels)', while the other file says '40.00 (325 pixels)'. Why are the pixels different between the two!? Please help! Notes - Both files have the same: 1) magnification 2) font type and size 3) page setup printer resolution 4) saved as excel workbook 2003 format bump "Mr. Etec" wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to set column widths ...

More than one graph on a page in Excel
A function in excel that allows you to place a number of diffrent graphs on one 'layout' page would be nice. Maybe a third 'Place graph on Layout x' would be a nice addition. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/offi...

Sorting Graph Legend
I have a Bar graph that illustrates Production Lines across the X-axis, with Time on the Y-axis. Each Production Line is represented by a single Bar in the graph, and displays the cumulation of down time by each Reason. In short, a Single Bar could have 3 colors on it, one stacked on the other, each showing a { 1, 1.5, .5 } respectively time incremement, and the cumulative Bar being 3 hours high. Is there a way to display the Legend with a Highest to Lowest display of the reasons? I believe I can use the Large() to stack the Bars Highest to Lowest, making rhe graph appear "Bottom Heavy/Li...

How do you create a cumulative line graph?
I would like to know how to create a cumulative Line Graph in Word or Excel. Please advise. great a separate column where you accumulate your numbers, then graph that. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7AB36D6-9329-4C9B-98C3-5EDCAEE3C5F4@microsoft.com... > I would like to know how to create a cumulative Line Graph in Word or Excel. > Please advise. Another possibility (although you said line) is to create an Area chart. Select the stacked option in the Chart wizard. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Ray" <...

Is there a way to delete multiple lines at the same time beside u.
Please let me know if there is other ways to delete multiple lines at the same time without using the Ctl key. Thank you. Hi Cherry are the lines adjacent to one another? if so just drag down the row numbers and then right mouse click & choose delete .. .if they're not adjacent and you don't want to use the Ctrl key to select them, how are you going to identify which rows you want to delete? -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "cherry" <cherry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BD...

HELP! Copy a Data Series to Another Graph?
Hi- I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a lot of graphs, all of which are based on a common spreadsheet and all are VERY similar. When I add a new data series to one graph, it would be wonderful if there was a simple way to copy this data series to the other graphs. Can it be done? (Now I add the new line to the first graph. Then I copy the X-values from the first graph, open the second graph & paste, re-open the first graph and copy the Y-values, re-open the second graph & paste, third graph, fourth graph, etc., etc., etc.......) Just make the series refer to a defined na...

Problem with view worksheets and the lines overwriting each other
When I go into the worksheets like the Schedule C Tax worksheet the lines overwrite themself. For example The main heading and the description overwrite each other and therefore I canot click on the main heading. This had happened to me in 2003, 2004 and 2005. Is there a setting that I have to have set-up in Windows? Gee, I didn't see this on M05. Read http://umpmfaq.info.faqdb.php?q=117. "Milt" <milton_burdsall@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:396401c4af01$69d150d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I go into the worksheets like the Schedule C Tax > worksheet t...

persistent error for altered or nonexistent line
When I am getting a persistent error (in an imported C header), even when the particular line has been commented out, edited or even removed, where is the error coming from, and how can I flush it? c:\hand in hand\test\vorbisfile.h(27) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'codec.h': No such file or directory "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:OKDr%23BFdFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > When I am getting a persistent error (in an imported C header), even when > the particular line has been commented out, edi...

How to modify specific lines in a .ini file?
Hello, When writing multiple values to a .ini file I'm familiar with the following basic code: Open "c:\my.ini" For Output As #1 Print #1, "1" Print #1, "2" Print #1, "3" Close #1 Is there a way to modify/write values to specific lines only, for example modifying the "2" value on line 2 to "5", without overwriting the other lines with their unchanged values? Thanks for any feedback! Jim You basically need to open the file and read the file until you get to the specific row you are looking for then writ...

Vertical line in chart
Hi, I create a line chart with three different lines. The x- axis is used to show the status of items over a number of weeks (planned, revised, finished). I wan to insert a vertical line in sheet, showing current week. Tips? On Jon Peltier's site, there are instructions for adding lines to a chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine Konpego wrote: > I create a line chart with three different lines. The x- > axis is used to show the status of items over a number of > weeks (planned, revised, finished). I wan to insert a > vertical line in...

How do I create a "fixed-width" datafile?
I need to create a fixed-width file from an Excel .xls file to import into my FedEx shipping software. How may I save or convert my file into a fixed field datafile? Thanks in advance, Alex If you don't have too long a line (no more than 240 characters per line), try saving a copy of your workbook as a .prn file. Look in the Save As Type box: Formatted Text (Space delimited)(*.prn) I like to change to Courier New font and resize the columns the way I like. Alex K wrote: > > I need to create a fixed-width file from an Excel .xls file to import into my > FedEx shipping...

Gaps in Line Chart
I have a line chart wherein my data for the line is in A1:A100... and my data for the date is B1:B100 NO PROBLEM Every 15 days, i.e. in rows A15:A17, B15:B17 A32:A35, B32:B35...etc. I have gaps in my data for informational purposes (in other words, I have headers for the columns, such as DATE, VALUE, AVERAGE, etc.) At present, my chart is an unbroken line...i.e., the gaps are as if they weren't there. However, now when I extend my "SOURCE DATA" TO INCLUDE MORE ROWS AS FOLLOWS: Data in A1:A150 ...

automate 5 lines in a single column to 5 columns across
I want to build a database. I've extracted some text from my group's phone directory. It comes out in one column with name on the first line, address on the second line, city, state, zip on the third line and phone on the fourth line. I'm trying to figure out a way to automate getting the info broken up into columns. I want to create a formula that will allow me to highlight 4 or 5 lines and then break those lines into 4 or 5 columns. My list has hundeds of names so cut and paste is a bit tedious. Is there such a way to do this? This should work with a single-block selection Sub...

Impact of changing database column width?
Hi, We are a software product company and are planning to begin using the Contract Administration module. To do so, we will be switching our inventory items from Track: None to Track: Serial Numbers and we will be storing our software license keys in the Serial Number field which is column SERLTNUM in table SOP10201. Unfortunately, SERLTNUM is CHAR(21) and our license keys are a few characters wider than 21. We can get the keys down to 21 characters by removing three embedded hyphens, but there are several databases outside of GP where the license keys must still exist with...

how do I plot a saw tooth graph
I am trying to create an inventory model with a sawtooth effect can anyone help? You could probably use a variation of this: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/StepChart.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Kneeslider" <Kneeslider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79304161-9C81-4D6C-AEF4-9F3E79FE2A71@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create an inventory model with a sawtooth effect can anyone > help? ...

Graph paper for charting patterns/showing objects to scale in a sp
Trying to locate the correct Office product to be able to layout a physical space showing objects to scale. AND being able to use graph paper to show a pattern Visio - but what you really want is some sort of a CAD program. By the way, this newsgroup is for people with questions about Publisher specifically, not Office in general. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0FDBF22-79EC-466E-AF54-56586A7BF503@microsoft.com... > Trying to locate the correct Office product to be able to layout a >...

Importing text files
I am trying to import a text file into excel. The text file has a space where there should be a new line. Is there a way to make excel start a new line (row) with every space in the text file? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Graph Label Wrapping
I have a graph that has number labels for each bar. The label is linked to the source and there is plenty of room for the label to fit on the graph, however, it keeps wrapping instead. Any suggestions? I'm using Excel 2000. Thanks. ...

How to Make Subject Line Empty in Email Template
When using an email template for a signature, we are forced to enter something into the subject line. The problem is that this automatically overwrites our existing subject line's contents. Any way around this? Thoughts? There's no way to avoid this. Until there is a fix for this, you can just place a single blank space in the subject line so at least you aren't sending people emails with "My Signature" as the subject if you forget to type your subject line after composing the email... -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "circulent"...

to stop zero from showing on graph
I have graphs for which values will be filled in time, but befor it's filled I want zeroes not to be visible. Is it posible? Hi, Either leave the cells empty or use =NA() Cheers Andy natash@ wrote: > I have graphs for which values will be filled in time, but befor it's filled > I want zeroes not to be visible. Is it posible? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info I didn't write the original post but am having the same problem. This works if I remove all content from the cell - however - I would like to have a formula in the cell so that it a...

How do I create a Line-Column on 2 Axis chart that allows more...
How do I create a Line-Column on 2 Axis chart that allows to have more than one line? I am looking to have one data point as a column and two data points as lines, but I can' do the two lines. thanks! Ang - Why settle for an inflexible built in combination chart, when you can easily make one the way you want? Select your data, and make a Column chart. Select a series you want as a line, choose Chart Type from the Chart menu, and choose a Line style you want. Select the next one to turn to a line and repeat (the F4 key is a shortcut to repeat). When you've changed the desired s...

CSV
If I have a spreadsheet like this: fred joe harry And I save it as a CSV I get this: fred,joe,harry Now I want to import the file into a database that requires this e.g. there is a delimiter after the last field: fred,joe,harry, Can I make Excel do this without using a dummy column? The dummy column solution: e.g. fred joe harry dummy Try putting a space (hit the space bar once) in the last column first row and copy down the same...before saving to csv -- Jacob "cats_five" wrote: > If I have a spreadsheet like this: > > fred ...

How to break up a column in a bar graph if I do not want to chang.
I have a column graph in which one of the columns is much bigger than the other ones. That masks differences among the smaller columns, so I wanted to know if there is a way to fix the scale to a small value on the Y axis and break up the larger column, so it will still show its top with the error bar. I believe Andy's example will give you what you want . . . http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Krlinhos" wrote: > I have a column graph in which one of the columns is much bigger than the > other ones....