graph data from multiple worksheets

I have about 10 worksheets with data in them, I would like to put it all on
one chart, how do I do it?

I cannot fit it all in one worksheet.
0
dave871 (680)

Produce the chart from the data from your first workshet.  Go to your second
worksheet, select the relevant data, copy, go to your chart, edit/ paste
special, and accept the relevant option to add a new data series or add data
to an existing series.

Alternatively having produced your original chart, go to Source Data, and
either adding data to an existing series or adding a new series will allow
you to select the relevant data from whichever worksheet.

Note, however, that if you really have more data than will fit onto one
worksheet, it may not fit on one chart either.  Looking at "limits" in help
for Exvcel 2003, here are some examples:

"Data series in one chart: 255"
"Data points in a data series for 2-D charts: 32,000"

As one worksheet in Excel 2003 can have 256 columns & 65536 rows, you may
struggle with your chart if your data goes beyond that.

Limits in Excel 2007 are greater, of course.
--
David Biddulph

"dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have about 10 worksheets with data in them, I would like to put it all on
> one chart, how do I do it?
>
> I cannot fit it all in one worksheet.

0
David
4/12/2007 11:24:00 AM
THank you, I will give it a try.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

> Produce the chart from the data from your first workshet.  Go to your second
> worksheet, select the relevant data, copy, go to your chart, edit/ paste
> special, and accept the relevant option to add a new data series or add data
> to an existing series.
>
> Alternatively having produced your original chart, go to Source Data, and
> either adding data to an existing series or adding a new series will allow
> you to select the relevant data from whichever worksheet.
>
> Note, however, that if you really have more data than will fit onto one
> worksheet, it may not fit on one chart either.  Looking at "limits" in help
> for Exvcel 2003, here are some examples:
>
> "Data series in one chart: 255"
> "Data points in a data series for 2-D charts: 32,000"
>
> As one worksheet in Excel 2003 can have 256 columns & 65536 rows, you may
> struggle with your chart if your data goes beyond that.
>
> Limits in Excel 2007 are greater, of course.
> --
> David Biddulph
>
> "dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have about 10 worksheets with data in them, I would like to put it all on
> > one chart, how do I do it?
> >
> > I cannot fit it all in one worksheet.

0
dave871 (680)

Template Wizard with Data Tracking #2
I have been using this add-in just fine for about a year, gathering data from about 20 users onto an Excel Database by having them all use the template. But I recently made some changes and then began having the following problem: After a worksheet has been created using the template, and saved as a new record in the database, and then we want to go back in to change the record and update it in the database, the option does not appear to update the database; the only options continue to be to create a new record or to proceed without saving to the database. It is as though the sys...

Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool
I'm not having any luck in finding more information about the Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool and even a harder time locating the download. I've read article http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx, it contains a link to the Microsoft Download Center but the tool doesn't list when you select the downloads for Outlook. I tried to do a search on MS for the "Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool", with no luck locating the download. Does anyone know where to obtain a copy of the tool or if Microsoft has released it out to download. The MS articles state it...

Multiple workbooks open -- closing workbooks
Dear Clever People, I hope this is not the "silly question of the day". We were wondering (when you have multiple workbooks open and you close one workbook) why are all other workbooks forced to be closed, too? Is it possible to ever close one workbook and leave all the others open? Thank you, Janet Close it by going to file>close or by pressing Ctrl + F4 or by clicking the smaller X below the big red X -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Janet Panighetti" <JanetPanighetti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C9BC30B-BE1A-4605-B215-99C07CB1D366...

Extended Pricing price groups should allow multiple Units of Meas.
We categorize our items without regard to units of measure, and want to make an overall change to a particular category of items, e.g. increase the discount percent for all items in that category. But we cannot group these items into one price group because they have different units of measure. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft ...

System Data Protection 2007 on a SBS 2008 Domain
Hi all, This is a lab situation where I have SBS 2008 running on HyperV and doing well... I would like to install Server 2008R2, give it 2 or 4 GBs RAM, 2 CPUs and then install System Data Protection 2007 Has anyone tried this? Is it doable at all? Thanks to all, Dan On Jan 7, 11:52=A0am, "Daniel Jewel" <cyberdud...@yahoo.com.br> wrote: > Hi all, > > This is a lab situation where I have SBS 2008 running on HyperV and doing > well... > > I would like to install Server 2008R2, give it 2 or 4 GBs RAM, 2 CPUs and > then install Sy...

Outlook 2003 opens multiple instances
When I double click the desktop icon for outlook it opens twice or has two instances available in the task manager window. Once I disable or end these and reopen outlook it is fine. Also, we are currently running Viewmail and Viewfax from Active Voice. Any help would be grealty appreciated. Charles Garcia wrote: > When I double click the desktop icon for outlook it opens > twice or has two instances available in the task manager > window. Once I disable or end these and reopen outlook it > is fine. This happens randomly for me too. In fact, for a long time it used to a...

Query from Multiple Workbooks
Hello, I have 12 files in a directory with a sheet name Sales containing Sales data for each month having more than half a million rows in each workbook sheets The field names are all the same in all the files like date, item, itemgroup, branch, unit, salesman, amount etc I am looking for a way to get a query from all these workbook and get a summarised report based on criteria like sales by salesman, by month, by product, by product group, by date, by branch etc. Is this will be possible through code?. Itry to use MS query but not successful Using Excel 2007 and Win XP ...

Varying colors on a line chart with multiple series
In Excel 2003, is it possible to change the color of part of a line on a chart with multiple data series? I can do it on a single series chart. Hi, Yes, you would need to select the segment of the line and then format it. So select the series pause and then select the segment apply formatting Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "LKP" <LKP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB5CF5B8-5E3C-4288-A7B1-63958DB0C688@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2003, is it possible to change the color of part of a line on a > chart with ...

Installing CRM3, multiple errors
I have installed CRM3 on a clean SBS2003 machine (under VirtualPC), but have got a series of errors and cannot now acess CRM at all. I followed the steps in the Implmentation Guide. I had to change the web site port to be 80 and the alias to be able to access it (as crm3demo). I installed CRM3 under Administrator login and was initially able to open CRM correctly, login as Administrator, go into the Administrator user and uncheck the restricted access check box. Everything appeared normal. Then I set up the sample data users in Active Directory and tried installing the sample data by ...

Excel 2000 Shared Workbook Missing Worksheets
I am experiencing a problem in an Excel 2000 shared workbook. Worksheets are continously missing from the shared workbook. Users are connecting to the shared workbook using a Citrix connection. They enter their data into the worksheet and then save the workbook. The shared workbook is password protected so that users can not get exclusive rights and delete or move sheets. I've also tried tracing the changes and looking at the history to find the problem. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

OL2003 Comining Multiple Contacts
As I mentioned in another post, I'm playing around with Outlook. Here's my Contacts problem. I was using Outlook at work and synchronizing my Contacts with my Palm Pilot. So that part of the transition was a breeze. But I was using a completely different email program at work which has it's own address book. I know how to import that address book into Outlook, but the end result will include be a whole bunch of partial duplicate entries where say, I have name and address information in the old Palm/Outlook database but only an email address in the email address book. Any sugge...

How do I find root mean square of a periodic data in Excel

Microsoft Money 2005 not picking up data
I have recently bought a new computer (still with XP) and a) loaded my copy of MM 2005 Standard to it and b) loaded the data files for MM which I copied from the old computer. But I cannot get the program to pick up the data - and of course, support from Microsoft ended last month! Can anyone suggest what I should do to get the data to connect with the software program? -- Patsy In microsoft.public.money, patsy <patsycj@ozemail.com.au(donotspam)> wrote: >I have recently bought a new computer (still with XP) and a) loaded my copy >of MM 2005 Standard to it and b) loaded th...

rename worksheet tabs
Hello, Maybe you guys can help me. Is there a way rename the worksheet tabs in an Excel file that I've already created? Example... I've already created a fancy Excel report using SSRS. The problem is...SSRS has no way to rename the 10 worksheet tabs to more meaningful names. Any ideas? Thanks! Double-click on the tab. That will let you rename the sheet. Alternatively, right-click on the tab, and choose "Rename" from the menu. -- David Biddulph "fix me" <brickpack@gmail.com> wrote in message news:85c00dd8-0a8f-4c32-8d12-f71c5ebcda...

Utilities for Importing Data into O2003
Anyone have suggestions for utilities that allow importing into custom fields in Outlook from Excel and other formats? Shawn See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/customimport.htm#tools --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "srm" <srm@primatech.com> wrote in message = news:1139309174.143782.221290@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Anyo...

worksheet_calculate event changes worksheets, but shouldn't
Hi, The code below is in the Sheet1 (Budget) Module: The user is entering data into the "Budget" worksheet. When this fires, it should hide some rows on the Categories worksheet. It does work ok, however, everytime a user enters a new figure on the Budget worksheet, it fires and momentarily flashes over to the Categories worksheet. It is quite distractive, especially when one has hundreds of figures to enter. I set a trap to stop it on the top line of this code - the Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() line. Then, when I enter a new number on the Budget page, it fi...

Exchange 2003 And Multiple Managers
We need to deploy our organisation to allow for some users to have multiple Managers. For example, a secretary can report to a number of different Managers depending on what work they are performing at the time. Any help on how this would be achieved would be greatly appreciated. "Davie" <dxw@mms.co.uk> wrote: >We need to deploy our organisation to allow for some users to have multiple >Managers. For example, a secretary can report to a number of different >Managers depending on what work they are performing at the time. > >Any help on how this would ...

opening multiple blank documents on start-up
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how I can open multiple blank documents on my (MDI) application's startup. (using VC++ 6.0) I've looked at the commandline info stuff, but it looks like I can only tell it to do one FileNew. Basically I just want, say, n new documents created (along with their views, presumably) when I start my program. Anyone have any ideas on how I might do this, or can suggest where I should look for answers? thanks! Brian In principle: make the doc template a member object in your app.h CMultiDocTemplate* m_pMyDocTemplate; use this pointer in the .cpp temp...

How to count/summarize multiple Criteria
hello, I am a very basic excel user and I need help to create a formula that will count multiple criteria. For example: I have a worksheet with my data and another to summarize my data. Each row in my data sheet, "Corproate Projects List",tracks the detail of a specific project assigned to my department. Column A tracks whether each individual project is currently open, closed or ongoing. Column D tracks the department requesting the project. The rest of the sheet doesn't matter with respect to my question on how to write the formula...... In my summary sheet I want to count th...

Printing multiple emails in outlook 2002
Just wondering if it is possible to select multiple emails in outlook and have them print on the same page. Thx Figured it out. Select multiple emails, go to file>print and make sure "Start each email on a new page" is deselected. >-----Original Message----- >Just wondering if it is possible to select multiple emails >in outlook and have them print on the same page. > >Thx >. > ...

label points with names on excel graph
I have an XY scatter graph where the X value is in column C, the Y value is in column D, and the identifying label I want on that point (a letter) is in column A. I had this working once, but have forgotten how. My old example has become damaged (letters on the wrong points) and I want to recreate the effect. Any ideas? If no ideas, where is it best to find the answer? -- TomsLibrary Use one of these free utilities: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and...

Upgrading Multiple Companies at Different Times
I have multiple companies currently in my GP 8.2 installation on a single server. Of course these companies each share the DYNAMICS database. I am plotting out the upgrade process to 9.0 and would like to upgrade one company at a time, as one of them is ready to go, while the other will require more work due to customizations. Would there be any issue with upgrading CompanyA to 9.0 on a new server, and then a month or two down the line, upgrading CompanyB to that same server? Would CompanyB be able to slide right in to using a DYNAMICS database that it had not used for a couple of...

Exchange migration wizard "data invalid"
I am in the process of an Exchange 2003 email migration between 2 forest with an external trust that has been established. I would like to use the Exchange Server Migration tool, but on the screen where you pick the specific mailboxes to move, it gives me an error of "the data is invalid". The specified account does have Full exchange administrator rights. ...

Transferring data to new workbook.
Hi All, I want to transferring a data automatically by using vba code.But need soeone to point me the right direction.What I want to do is something simple. I want the code to run if it meet some condition. If a cell in column F:F have value >1 and not empty (""), I want the code to collect the entire data on every cell on the left to be copied and paste into a new workbook. And how to handle if there are some cell that have value >1.How to copy the recordset and paste it into a new workbook.And maybe I also need a message box to tell the user that there is no data will be co...

Loss of data while importing into Excel
Hi can anyone tell me why the following data from the xml file is not displayed in Excel whem importing it from the GetData menu ? file: http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/106618/000092189503000689/kle1.xml missing data item in Excel: <rptOwnerName>KLEIN LOUIS JR</rptOwnerName> Many thanks, Oliver chs245@yahoo.com (chs245) wrote in message news:<f05ec318.0310030121.7dbcb9f9@posting.google.com>... > Hi > > can anyone tell me why the following data from the xml file is not > displayed in Excel whem importing it from the GetData menu ? > > file: ht...