graph by month/year a count of a list of dates

I have a list of full dates (mm/dd/yyyy) that I want to graph to show
how many dates in the list are within a specific mmm/yyyy.  e.g., if
the list include dates of 12/2/2010 and 12/15/2010, the graph will
show "2" for " Dec 2010".  The chart is looking at the full date and I
cannot figure out how to reduce it to just a month/year level to chart.
0
barbsabs (1)

Query/Report date parameter
Hi folks, I have a problem which, I hope someone can help me. I have a table that have the following fields: ID Date Supplier name Merchandise type T01 T02 T03 PS: T01,T02 and T03 are error type feild, which I can enter quantity of units affected. Now I need to have a report that show me the grand total of each error types ("T01,T02 and T03), the report will need to have a date paramater. I've tried, but each type its only giving me the grand total of error by date and not the grand total by error types, because I am adding the following parameter in the query "Between [Star...

formatting cells for radar graph
Is there a way to format cells so that when you type in a whole number, it is converted to a decimal? (EX: If I type in 150, I want the cell to format this whole number as .150) I have a radar graph that I have set up to graph product thickness, when the thickness is less than a whole number. Thanks Hi Debbie, Yes: use Tools|Options and open Edit tab; locate Fixed Decimals and set it to 3 However, I think this is "global" and will apply to all workbooks you subsequently open; so do remember to set it off. Alternative: enter the three digit numbers; type 1000 in an empty ce...

List boxes, drop down
Hi 2 question. i would like to use the data / validation function to restrict cell entry to certain data. I want to use a List which I reference rather than typing the data in the validation text box. However I want to have the list set up on a different sheet. I can do this if the list is set up on the same sheet. Any ideas? Also is there a way that the cell might autosuggest. For instance if the list contains the name "John" I would like if "john" pops up as soon as I enter "J". This appears only to work if John has alrady been entered on another recor...

mistaken date entry
I was catching up on balancing my checking account (Money 2005). I accidentally accepted the default date (Oct 8th) when it should have been Aug 8th. How can I go back and change that date so I can continue with the correct date? "IsisTheCat" <isisthecat47removeme@hotmail.com> wrote on 11 Oct 2007 in group microsoft.public.money: > I was catching up on balancing my checking account (Money 2005). I > accidentally accepted the default date (Oct 8th) when it should have > been Aug 8th. How can I go back and change that date so I can > continue with the ...

Multiple line charts on the same graph
Let's say that I have 10 columns of data. Column A represents "origination" dates and Column B represents "total revenue" for those dates in Column A. Column C represents other origination dates and Column D represents total revenue for each of those dates in Column C. Etc for Columns E/F, G/H, and I/J. I know how to create a Line Graph for A/B. But how do I create FIVE lines (graphs), each representing A/B, C/D, E/F, G/H, and I/J, respectively, and all appearing on the SAME chart? Thanks! Use a scatter XY chart with lines and setup your data like this (sh...

I've accidentally created a LIST range. How can I get rid of it??
I was in Excel and highlighted a range that I wanted to print as a selection. Somehow I clicked the wrong thing and now it thinks it's a LIST (has the dark blue border around it with column lables at the top). I don't want it to be there. I just want my plain old spreadsheet back. Anyone know how to get rid of this?? Delaine Delaine right click on the list and, from the menu, select List | Convert to range and confirm that you want to convert the list to a range. Regards Trevor "Designs4Less" <Designs4Less@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Top 10 Free Dating Web Sites and much more for free.
Top 10 Free Dating Web Sites and much more for free. You want Free Date then go and search on http://www.10sites.uni.cc Every thing you need is Free here on http://www.10sites.uni.cc http://www.10sites.uni.cc ...

date of JPG photo file which is taken
hi, i am using a lot of photos taken at a construction cite,and i have to write the date of JPG file which is taken to excel sheet. how can i get the date VBA property of which is taken at cite. I mean the date of taking photo thanks Go here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/exifclass/ Download the (zipped) source code - extract the "cls" file and import to your VBA project (it's for VB6 but seems to work fine in Excel VBA). Example usage: Sub Tester() Dim exif As New ExifReader exif.Load "D:\Pics\2009\CIMG1730.JPG" Debug.Print...

Setup the excluding list for sending message size restriction
Hi, I want to setup excluding group of sending message size restriction and I do not where to start. For example, all employee have 2 MB attachement limit but I also need to setup exclusion group for manager and sale people which requiring 5MB. What will be the best way to implement it? I will be appreciated your suggestion and hints. Thank you in advance, Johnny Chow Johnny: I can think of a couple of ways to do this, but probably the simplest is to set your global outgoing message limit to 2MB. Then, on the Exchange General property page for the users that can send large...

Tricky formatting and Date Formula
I need to calculate the difference in ages for a school tracking program. The problem is in the fact that the ages are recorded as follows: 6.1 is a child 6 years and 1 month 6.2 is a child 6 years and 2 months etc 6.10 is a child 6 years and 10 months 6.11 is a child 6 years and 11 months The formatting cannot differentiate between 6.1 and 6.10. Is it possible to get around these problems so that I can a) record the ages so that they mean something in the spread sheet B) create a formula that will work out the age differences between a chronological age of, for example, 8.1 (8 years an...

Formatting a contact list in Excel
I am having trouble formatting a contact list so that I can upload it into my MS Office contacts. Export your contacts first to generate an example file. Amanda wrote: > I am having trouble formatting a contact list so that I can upload it into my > MS Office contacts. What do you mean "Bob I" wrote: > Export your contacts first to generate an example file. > > Amanda wrote: > > I am having trouble formatting a contact list so that I can upload it into my > > MS Office contacts. > > . > Presuming you have placed at ...

Distribution list using Address Card Info emailed to another perso
1. I chose Address Card in view 2. Pulled up Distribution list selection 3. Clicked on top name and holding Ctrl button down selected entire list 4. On address line I right clicked and chose "Select All" Question: how do I get all of the info on Address cards in the list over to an email to send? That's not the way to send Contact information. Why wouldn't you send the Contact as an attachment or a vCard? -- Russ Valentine "Jean Rodwick" <JeanRodwick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3421799A-DAD3-4A9D-9CF9-DFEC60903398@microso...

MEET & DATE MORE LADIES EASILY (Proven) sssssssssssssssss 374 [1/7]
SEXUALLY ATTRACT WOMEN INSTANLY WITH PHEROMONES Even the most impossible to get beautiful women become Possible dates, lovers and even wives with Pheromones Pheromones are nature's sexual scent, NOW in a cologne to attract women PHEROMONE SEX ATTRACTANT FOR MEN THE COLOGNE FOR THE Y2K MAN AVAILABLE IN THE U.S. AND PERFECTLY LEGAL ATTRACT WOMEN INSTANTLY with Nature's secret weapon.... PHEROMONES... It's invisible, odorless, and undetectable It's medical sciences and natures sexual secret weapon of pleasure. This is a perfectly legal sexual ...

Email sitting in queue has nothing listed for originator
I'm running 5.5 on a W2k server. Recently we have been getting a large number of emails sitting in the outgoing queue. They all have nothing listed for the originator. On checking the details the recipients email address is usually bogus. Am I relaying spam? How can I stop this? Any help would be appreciated. GR No, you're sending NDR's to non-existent spammers who sent to non-existent users in your domain. -- hth, SusanV "G R" <fieldweb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OKiaIRpuDHA.3468@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I'm running 5.5 on a W2k server. Rece...

Changing Dates
I am trying to figure out a way to auto-roll the dates on a spreadsheet forward. Basically, what I have is this: A1 B1 C1 D1 09/25 10/01 10/08 10/15 etc... And what I want is for those dates to all roll-forward as they are surpassed, so that on 09/26, the dates will increment one week and show: 10/01 10/08 10/15 10/22 etc, forever. I appreciate any help in sorting this out. ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Far...

Monthly Reports use closed accounts
I just upgraded to Money Plus Premium and was trying various things to make sure it all worked. I can set up most reports to include the Accounts and Investments I want but the Monthly Reports won't allow me to do that. When I run them that report includes accounts I have closed years ago and investments I have sold. The result is that the section that shows my best and worst investments for the month is pretty useless because it lists mostly things I have no interest in. In fact I suppost all the other information in the monthly report is equally useless since it is working on the ...

Lists, lookup, if???
Hi, A new user to this site. Been learning a lok lately, but stuck now! I have a sheet where i want to look for "value1" to "value10" in columns I, K, M, O. Once a particular value is found, I want it to display the value (numerical) in the right hand column, J, L, N, P. But I also want it to count how many parts are require by looking at the number enterred in the same row but column D. Basically, it's a cutting list with different profiles, lengths and quantities and I'd like a summary of each profile, with each cut length required and qua...

Changing default lists
If I type an asterisk (*) or a number + a period (1.) and then a space, Word starts an unordered/ordered list. I have defined some lists with formats that I prefer to the default lists that Word chooses. Is there a way that I can get Word to use my lists when I type "* " or "1. "? No, the automatic application of numbering isn't that "intelligent." What you can do is create your own lists linked to styles. For single-level numbering, the easiest approach is to modify the built-in List Bullet and List Number styles, respectively. -- Stefan B...

Mail delete date
Can I sort the items in delete folder in deleted date? I don't think you can. I'm not sure if deleted date is a field Outlook maintains. "Lok Tak Cheong" <tc.lok@adckrone.com> wrote in message news:uMvGfxPkFHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Can I sort the items in delete folder in deleted date? Yes you can. �f you add "modified" column and you didn't change item then deleted you can sort item in modified date (~deleted date). Evren Arslan "Lok Tak Cheong" <tc.lok@adckrone.com> wrote in message news:uMvGfxPkFHA.2484@TK2MSF...

List Box Question #2
I have two list boxes, one in column I31 and the other in column E42. They both have different data in them. I want the list box in column E42 to show a specific value based on the data chosen in list box I31. If listbox in I31 shows A, then show C in listbox E42 If listbox in I31 shows F, then show G in listbox E42 If listbox in I31 shows Z, then show R in listbox E42. I need to do this for about 7 Ifs. Thanks! Hi, Here are the steps for creating a dynamic data validation list: 1. Create three or more list in the spreadsheet. For example: A B C New Yo...

How do I set the date to change into the right format?
I need to be able to type 15/06/06 or 150606 and for it to change to 15-jun-06 when I leave the cell. I have tried all kinds of things, and usually, it stays as I typed it, or it shows like I type it mm-dd-yy. Can someone please tell me how to format the date cell properly? I have so many cover sheets to type for the month end...!Thank you! Did you try to format your cells to the format you want, in your case Format/Cells/Date/[*chosse*]? Henk "Tab In The Office" wrote: > I need to be able to type 15/06/06 or 150606 and for it to change to > 15-jun-06 when I leave t...

count values
Hi everibody In column 1 are cells with different values (some cells have 10, other have 100 other have 500 etc); How can excel say "there are X cells with value 10, Y cells with value 100, Z cells with value 500 etc."? Thanks a lot Look in the help index for COUNTIF -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "neerav" <neerav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F40046DB-74B3-4F06-BC99-0853F0ECFCAB@microsoft.com... > > Hi everibody > In column 1 are cells with different values (some cells have 10, other ...

Date field format
The date field appears to require the day, month, and year. I'm setting up a catalogue of items where there is an "acquired date" field. Some items have day, month, year and some items have month, year and some items have year acquired only. Is there a way to keep it as a date field but only enter part of the known dates? If not, then I assume it has to change to a text field. If that is the case is there a "better" way to enter the dates so that if needed, it could be queried or sorted as a date field? Examples coming to mind: year-month-day: 2009-...

list control problem
hello I am trying to make a list control , so that it will display both name and number when i enter them. 1) how do i delete an item from the list control ie void CSpeedDial::OnSpeedDel() { // } 2)how do i move an item up or down in the list contol using "up buttom" and "down buttom" i have created ie void CSpeedDial::OnSpeedUp() { } and void CSpeedDial::OnSpeedDown() { } 3)how do i make the "add buttom" disable when i have 8 items in the list control. this is what I have done so far: BOOL CSpeedDial::OnInitDialog() { CDialog::OnInitDialog(); ...

Smart List or what tables for RM by bill to address??
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C65EFC.570A7330 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I need a report for revenue by state. I usually use Smart List = Receivables Transactions and export to Excel then summarize in a pivot table all transacations by state. This year it won't work because we have = customers w/ a different bill to then ship to and the Smart List uses = the ship to address. I can not find a way to get Receivables Trx by = bill to address. I tried then to use MS Acces...