Glitch with Graphs Displayed in Picture Link Windows

Is anyone familiar with a problem where any excel graphs that are
being displayed inside of a Picture Link will all shrink vertically
upon certain actions such as printing?  I am currently experiencing
this issue and cannot seem to find any related material on this
problem elsewhere.  Any advice/resources would be greatly appreciated.

0
jpheep (2)

There are a number of issues with linked chart pictures (and camera tool
objects containing charts, which are basically the same thing). They are
version specific, and also tend to increase exponentially as the number of
link objects increases. I don't use these objects frequently, so I'm not too
familiar with the problems.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Josh heep" <jpheep@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone familiar with a problem where any excel graphs that are
> being displayed inside of a Picture Link will all shrink vertically
> upon certain actions such as printing?  I am currently experiencing
> this issue and cannot seem to find any related material on this
> problem elsewhere.  Any advice/resources would be greatly appreciated.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

In Visio how can I link a shape to a word file
I am creating a flowchart and would like to know if I can use the Shapes as buttons and get them to link to a word file stored on a drive? On Tue, 31 May 2005 05:57:21 -0700, BB1066 <BB1066@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am creating a flowchart and would like to know if I can use the Shapes as >buttons and get them to link to a word file stored on a drive? Select the shape then from the 'Insert' menu select 'Hyperlinks'. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/ SanDriLa - SDL/MSC/TTCN/UML2 application for Visio http...

Windows had to close message when I close Word
I recently had to have my hard drive reformatted due to a virus. I am running Windows XP Home Edition and ever since I reinstalled Office 2007 every time I close Word I get a message that says "Microsoft Office Word has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Every once in a while when I try to save something it will start running the setup as well. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? It gets downright irritating having to tell Office Word constantly not to save and try to recover my work since I already saved it and I...

How to prevent popup the authencation login window when running re
We use CRM 3.0 + SQL Server 2005's reporting service. The reporting service is on the other site.The site had been configured windows integration authencation. The client PC access CRM site via IE and the client PC hasn't logged in sepcified windows domain. When I access CRM site from client, it prompts an system login window. I input the domain user and password,then enter the CRM system. When I click the report on CRM, the system login window appears again. Can anyone give me a solution to realize log in only once? Hi Joseph, I don't think it's possible. > The repo...

Windows Mail PoP3 with Yahoo Mail Plus account
I have tried this every way I can using the guides. I can send mail but NOT Receive my mails. Triple checked all settings. Here is the error: Account: 'Yahoo mail Plus', Server: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate unknown command', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Tim wrote: > I have tried this every way I can using the guides. I can send mail > but NOT Receive my mails. Triple checked all settings. > > Here is the error: > > Account: 'Yahoo m...

How can I create my own template for graphs for easy reuse?
I am finding the process to customise graphs much more time consuming in Excel 2007 and would like to set up my own style as such so that when I produce a graph I have all ready preset font, line width, colour schemes etc rather than having to go into each graph individually. Is this possible? Hi, Yes you can save as template. Chart Tools > Design > Type > Save As Template. http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/excel/HA100072051033.aspx Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Bailey" <Bailey@discussions.micros...

Sheet linking to Another File, HLP! #2
Yea i have used the hyperlink method, but it simply opens up the othe file on a separate worksheet. I really need to bring it into the main file as a sheet -- FultonHoga ----------------------------------------------------------------------- FultonHogan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1569 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27226 hi, hyperlinks do not import data. it is just a reference to where the data is at. If you need to import, then hyperlink is not what you are after. If it is a one time thing, then c...

Linked Charts Lose Formatting
I'm creating a "dashboard" for my company, and as part of this, am linking various information (charts, tables, documents) into one Excel file, and I'm then saving the file as a web page for others to browse. Everything seems to be working, but some of the charts I've copied from another Excel file are losing their numeric formatting. For example, the horizontal axis is formatted as dates in the original file, but in the linked file, they show up as the date serial number (i.e., 39325, 39326, etc.). Also, the numbers in the data table for the chart are no long...

Hyperlink link in workflow emails (CRM 4.0)
Hi, Got so many articles but all are perfect. Using CRM 4.0. I would like to include hyperlink in Workflow email. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.crm&tid=bbf7c5cf-4a61-45b4-a8e7-8c37eebcffed&cat=en_US_f9cb8267-48ed-4f92-9f39-209bbcb29eb1&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=&p=1 Issue is: Email generated through workflow, but the http... shows as plain text, not as hyperlink. Any suggestion will be appreciated. -mac Hello John, Did you copy and paste in a hyperlink, or type in the url? You may want to copy and paste a hyper...

Using Outlook Address Book vice Windows address book
When I right click on an item as select sent to mail receipient it uses my windows address book, vice my Outlook address book. Since I don't want to update both how do I make it default to the Outlook book and contacts? -- Jeff Mu�iz Work is victory. - Ralph Waldo Emerson Open Internet Explorer and select Tools | Internet Options | Programs tab. Set the contact list dropdown to Microsoft Outlook. "Jeff Mu�iz" <jmuniz6@cox.net> wrote in message news:wEUId.20390$B95.3864@lakeread02... > When I right click on an item as select sent to mail receipient it uses my ...

Windows Explorer & Office 2007
I recently installed Office 2007 and it changed Windows Explorer / My Documents to be very simple (and frustrating!) as when I open it I have no Toolbar/Options at the top. So if I want to change what I see (thumbnails, details, etc.), search for something, etc. I have nothing. I have tried checking different ways where to turn the toolbar back on and have had no luck. Anything I need to re-install to go back to the "simple" Windows Explorer for reviewing/opening files on local drive? Or how do I change setting in current Windows Explorer to have see toolbar again? ...

Test if window hanlde is valid
Is there a way, using the Framework, to determine if a given hWnd is valid. In the good ole days (or bad ole days depending on your perspective) I would have used the Win32 API 'IsWindow(hWnd)'. I know that I can still do this now with p/invoke but I am wondering if the Framework provides a similar function. Thanks, Steve Steve wrote: > Is there a way, using the Framework, to determine if a given hWnd is > valid. > > In the good ole days (or bad ole days depending on your perspective) I > would have used the Win32 API 'IsWindow(hWnd)'. I know...

How to display tooltip for disabled buttons in VC++
Hi all, Kindly clarify my doubt I am developing the dialog based application in VC++. I have created 10 buttons having captions like Bold, Italic, Underline, Right alignment, etc. Some buttons can be enabled and some disabled. My question is: The tooltip is active ONLY for the enabled buttons. I need to implement tooltip for the disabled buttons also It will be great if anyone could help me Thanks in Advance, Chinna -- Hard Work Never Fails ...

Display Date from Unbound Field in Form in a Query
Just had an issue that in 10 years of using Access never saw - just wondering if I just never encountered it or what... I have a form running a query, the user enters a date. The report needs to show the date - so the query has a field like this: report date: [Forms!]![frm_report]![txtReportDate] I had a problem exporting to Excel - seems the direct placement in the query led to characters that Excel could not understand. I actually had another date field from the form that I did a date add on, it worked fine. I eventaully put the form reference in a Format, the issue was gone. The...

Are there better GRAPHS within EXCEL or Add-on graphs?
I have a user who is pretty good at Excel. He wants to know if there are more sophisicated graphs within EXCEL or add-ons he could use. He had a problem where he inserted 4 graphs into a document and the bottom L/H side one enlarged itself a little and the other graphs played up a bit. It could be the way he is wokring with them but he is looking for something that is more easily manipulated. Any ideas of add-ins or another program. He works with graphs etc all day in EXCEL. The sophistication in Excel charts comes from creative use and combination of different chart types, and fol...

FW: Check out corrective update for Microsoft Windows
--sliujiore Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zthgctxf"; type="multipart/alternative" --zthgctxf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nsjtdzuhxfdunaqs" --nsjtdzuhxfdunaqs Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to continue keeping yo...

Post-Windows Update Black Screen Issue
Can you provide an update on the status of this: http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/113009-latest-microsoft-patches-cause-black.html?hpg1=bn&source=NWWNLE_nlt_security_2009-11-30 <pft> mcintoshs wrote: > Can you provide an update on the status of this: > > http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/113009-latest-microsoft-patches-cause-black.html?hpg1=bn&source=NWWNLE_nlt_security_2009-11-30 Can who provide it ? There is no official MS presence here, only volunteers. As far as I'm concerned this "story" is an Urban Myth or this newsgroup ...

Windows XP Pro
I have a webcam microsoft vx 1000 and a lexmark printer 3500-4500 series that wont work, although the software is loaded but wont dectect either. ...

Display of tabs
Hi, Is it possible to have the tabs to be shown on multiple line instead of an infinte long line ? Mick Check one of your other posts. Construk wrote: > > Hi, > Is it possible to have the tabs to be shown on multiple line instead of an > infinte long line ? > > Mick -- Dave Peterson ...

Windows services
Can I write windows service in VC++ .NET? thanks Mysty > Can I write windows service in VC++ .NET? > Yes. Thanks......... Can you tell me which class(es) to use?? "Sims" <siminfrance@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#nubm2j6DHA.804@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > > Can I write windows service in VC++ .NET? > > > > Yes. > > > Thanks......... Can you tell me which class(es) to use?? > It is not really classes, more API, Have a look around for things like 'OpenService(...)' and 'QueryServiceStatus(...)'. That s...

resizing pictures for email gets "Not implemented" popup
When I right click on a picture and select send to mail recipient I get the window that asks if I would like to resize the picture to be smaller. I say yes, and in a few seconds get a popup saying "Not implemented". I'm running Office 2003 ...

Interactive Graphs
Does anybody know where I can obtain Excel templates with an interactive graph, i.e. something like a stockmarket spreadsheet which continually updates the data? TIA http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/index.html#hdrDyno -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Saxman" <john.h.williams(removethis)@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:5esly0d1iozw$.13qajaxi04838.dlg@40tude.net... > Does anybody know where I can obtain Excel templates with an interactive > graph, i.e. something like a stockmarket spreadsheet which continually > updates the data? > > TIA Oops! I misund...

Migrating existing Outlook data to Windows 7 (from XP)
I installed Office 2007 on Windows and then restored the .pst form a backup done under XP. How do I prevent Outlook from downloading all the emails again from my ISPs? Is there a registry setting that needs to be changed? I still have the XP installation so I can find the setting there if I know what to look for. Cheers, Martin And how did you restore the pst? "Martin" <sirraheelnitram@gmail.com> wrote in message news:02dd518e-adc6-460c-9c83-712a219e3f65@a6g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > I installed Office 2007 on Windows and then restored the .pst form a &...

adjust maximised display size?
How do I adjust the maximised display size, like the icq when it is docked to one side of the screen? Thanks in advance, Lem "Lem" <hjlem@pacific.net.sg> wrote in message news:etKeyS9jDHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How do I adjust the maximised display size, like the icq when it is docked > to one side of the screen? I think you can handle the WM_GETMINMAXINFO message to do this. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] "Lem" <hjlem@pacific.net.sg> wrote in message news:<etKeyS9jDHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>... > How do I adjust the maximised displ...

Not wanting to displaying certain forms
I have a form, where I have 2 check marked boxes "Can recall" and "Do not call". What do I need to do to skip the forms that are marked "Do not call"? Thanks, Bob I have 2 different answers for you, depending on what I think you meant. 1. If you have a continuous form, you can lock the rows marked as do not call. Put code on the current event of the form like this: If Me.DoNotCall = True Then Me.ControlName.Enabled = False Else Me.ControlName.Enabled = True End If 2. Perhaps you are asking about hiding the rows marked as do n...

graphs #6
hi Would like pointing in right direction i have spreadsheet with data as follow column A (list of name) column B, C , D etc (labelled 1, 2 3 etc) data filled in the matrix I require that the operator can generate the graph easily by name. All the data is on the same row for each name and all rows are identical range. Have tried to record macro, however, when amended data range in that macro, for another name, the title of the graph (name), did not alter regards -- bnt Message posted via http://www.officekb.com You have to amend the data ranges for the Y values and for the series ...