Getting value on other axis

I have XY scatter chart with data points connected by smooth lines. Values
on X axsis are in the range from 0 to 1. Is there any way in Excel to find a
value on Y axis corresponding to any value form 0 to 1 on X axsis based on
plotted curve?

Thank you,

Gunnar

You will have to build your own solution.  If you visit
http://xlrotor.com/, you'll find a link to the bezier curve method that
mimics XL's smooth curves.

If you want to use step wise linear interpolation, check out the
Interactive Chart add-in available from my web site.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <e3mRX4EAEHA.692@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>,
remthis.guga@latnet.lv says...
> I have XY scatter chart with data points connected by smooth lines. Values
> on X axsis are in the range from 0 to 1. Is there any way in Excel to find a
> value on Y axis corresponding to any value form 0 to 1 on X axsis based on
> plotted curve?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Gunnar

> If you want to use step wise linear interpolation, check out the
> Interactive Chart add-in available from my web site.

Thank You for the help!

You are welcome.  Glad to be of help.

--

In article <OvA4kLQAEHA.916@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
remthis.guga@latnet.lv says...

> > If you want to use step wise linear interpolation, check out the
> > Interactive Chart add-in available from my web site.
> >
> Thank You for the help!

2004 trial, how do I get rid of it?
My trial is over, and I want my Money 2002 back. Does anyone know how I can do that? The easiest way is to use control panel->add/remove programs to remove the 2004 trial pieces (there are two programs to uninstall). Then reinstall 2002 and use the backup file created when you first installed Money 2004 - it'll be named something like My Money.M10. Any transactions entered in the trial which you want to keep will need to be re-entered into the 2002 version, as you can't downgrade a file from 2004 to 2002. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.co...

Where to get missing msvcp70.dll?
After I uninstalled a bunch of software, when I run an app it says app failed because msvcp70.dll was not found. Re-installing that app does not help. I guess I need to restore the missing msvcp70.dll. What is the official way to get it? Some sites offer this file for download but I'm not sure the files are genuine. In my system32 folder there is msvcp50.dll, msvcp60.dll, msvcp71.dll, but no msvcp70.dll. It is not in the recycle bin either :( "james" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:#XS21G1gKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > After I un...

get rid of macro option at startup
I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable or disable macros) when I open the file? Is there a way to get rid of this since I no longer have macros in this file? Thanks. Brad You need to delete the empty module.! Bill K "Brad Rench" <brench@comcast.net> wrote in message news:kSOdnb0Jjst9afaiXTWJkg@comcast.com... > I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. > > Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable > or disable macros) when I o...

AOL IMAP account
I have set up AOL email account as IMAP type and keep getting pop up in outlook " your IMAP server wants to alert you the following: Can't read attachment for message 6438. this pops up for many times and each time the number is different. new profile same issue. Office Version:Office 2007 Operating System:Windows Vista / Windows 7 - same issue. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently p...

Exchange 2003 SP1 to get DST patch & Exchange 2000 patch is available to anyone for $4,000
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C746B0.CFF31030 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable http://blogs.technet.com/hied_west_blog/archive/2007/02/01/dst-2007-updat= e-outlook-time-zone-data-update-tool-released-february-1-2007.aspx In the "New Highlights" section: "Exchange Server 2003 SP1 will now be = supported for an updated version of the Exchange CDO patch to be = released shortly." and "DST Hotfixes for products in Extended Support can now be purchased for = ...

Return values that sum to a known value
I have a list of data and would like to know if there is a formula that would return any items from that list that sum to a known value. Have a look at this thread for something similar: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?pg=7&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions&fltr= Regards, Tom "lmattern" wrote: > I have a list of data and would like to know if there is a formula that would > return any items from that list that sum to a known value. ...

Getting kicked of outlook2003
Every time I print directly after I get kicked offline Do you mean that Outlook closes? "jp614" <jp614@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:150AB89F-0A3D-4D31-B2EF-0E3E1A852199@microsoft.com... > Every time I print directly after I get kicked offline No, It completely boots me off the network. When I loose connection to Outlook it takes my computer offline--looses connection... "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote: > Do you mean that Outlook closes? > > "jp614" <jp614@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > ...

get rid of extra spaces between paragraphs worked only once.
Changed style from Word 7 to Word 3, used help online, but still have 2 left with spaces I cannot get rid of on my last page. Got any help for me? -- Only fools and bigots prefer French over Spanish to be taught in public or private schools. In the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), right-click the style name and choose Modify from the context menu. In the Modify Style dialog box, click Format, Paragraph. Make sure that Line Spacing is what you want, and that Spacing Before and Spacing After are both set to zero. Click OK. To transfer the style definition to the attached template, d...

Get firefox- The fastest web browser in the world!
FireFox is a web browser created by Mozilla,it's the fatest web browser in whole world download now from site: http://hot-firefox.blogspot.com/ joke-master wrote: > FireFox is a web browser created by Mozilla,it's the fatest web > browser in whole world > download now from site: > http://hot-firefox.blogspot.com/ > If you don't mind it's memory leaks. If you re-boot each day it may not be a problem for you. Al ...

set value of a group of activex control points
Have a spreadsheet that has some 20+ activex control points (option buttons). Is there a way to group all these controls together & set their initial values the same? Trying to setup a "reset" type of operation that would clear all control points. I can do them individually via properties, but it's too time consuming. Any suggestions? ...

Can we get newsgroups with Windows Live Mail?
Currently we have WindowsXP, SP3, OE. How will Windows7 get newsgroups? Will these be part of "Windows Live Mail" as they are in OE? Please help, Frank Newsgroups work virtually the same in WLMail as they do in OE. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message news:uybUM2d2KHA.2284@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Currently we have WindowsXP, SP3, OE. > > How will Windows7 get newsgroups? Will these be part of "Windows Live > Mail" as they ...

primary & secondary axis
How do you space the primary and secondary axis equally. I've been fooling around with "Format Data Series>Options", but I can't get them equally spaced and with the same size. Is there something I'm missing or is Excel 2000 just trying to intimidate me???? Connie What to you mean by 'equally spaced' Same range (Max1=max2, Min1=Min2) ? Same interval between gridline? Tell us more -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Connie Martin" <ConnieMartin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Sending multiple Emails so each person does not get the list
We want to send out multiple emails to several email accounts. We dont want the accounts to see the list of accounts that the email went to. How does one do this in Outlook? In any contacts folder, Tools | Mail Merge is the best choice. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "tom" <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote in message = ...

Storing distinct values in an array
Hello .. in the speadsheet, i have a column containing a series of numbers maybe of them repeated multiple times... i would like to store all distinct values in an array any ideas on how i could do that ... eg , if these were the numbers going down column then 1 3 5 7 5 3 5 7 5 4 3 4 5 7 8 5 3 .. store 1,3,5,7,9,4,8 in an array, in no specifi order thank you shimee -- shimee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shimeel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1583 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showt...

Populate cell with a value if another cell has a certain value
All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell E4 with a value CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street. Is there a simple way of doin this? EXCEL 2007 Try:- =IF((F4="Bond Street"),"CX/025966","") If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "B2ORL" wrote: > All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell E4 with a value > CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street. > > Is there a simple way of doin this? Use IF() =IF(F4="Bond Street","CX/02...

X axis location
I created a chart with x-axis at the bottom. How do I make the chart have the x-axis on top instead? (Y axis can stay on the left side as it is now). thanks T. Hi, I think if you click on the Y axis, go to format axis, and check the "Value (x)axis crosses at maximum value" at the bottom, you'll be set. jeff >-----Original Message----- >I created a chart with x-axis at the bottom. >How do I make the chart have the x-axis on top instead? > >(Y axis can stay on the left side as it is now). > >thanks >T. >. > ...

How do I get outlook 2002 to stop forwarding mail to my blackberr.
I had my outlook e-mail forwarding to my blackberry through vzw.blackberry.net, but when I switched to a different cellphone, my outlook continues to try to forward my mail and sends out responses that the e-mail is undeliverable. How do I get outlook 2002 to stop forwarding my mail? "MSOB" <MSOB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6EC7EB6-1118-455E-AD62-6DE3D8A3A19E@microsoft.com... >I had my outlook e-mail forwarding to my blackberry through > vzw.blackberry.net, but when I switched to a different cellphone, my outlook > continues to try...

Show zero values
When a formula returns a zero value, the zero value is not being displayed. I have reviewed the following: - conditional formatting - zero values are checked (Tools/Options/View) - stepped through my VB code (it inserts formulae based on a Worksheet Change event) - locked and hidden values unchecked with and without protection (this should have no effect when the sheet is unprotected) Are there any other circumstances that result in a zero value not being displayed? Are there any other reasons for this occurrence? Cheers John Check also normal cell formatting! there are formats that hide ...

CButton::GetButtonStyle()
hi! is it possible that the function GetButtonStyle() returns one single style value? where can i get information when to use a mask and when to use the plain value? how about other controls/windows? actually i am a little bit confused about this... thanks, philipp "Philipp Huber" <philipp.huber@innval.com> wrote in message news:bonpkq$7hi$04$1@news.t-online.com... > hi! > > is it possible that the function GetButtonStyle() returns one single style > value? I'm not sure what you're asking, but GetButtonStyle returns the LOBYTE of the GetWindowLong/GW...

Comparing values #2
I have two sheets in a workbook. The first column in each sheet has part numbers. I would like to compare worksheet1 column a to worksheet 2 column a and identify duplicate values. I have not been able to make this work. -- Dirk Chip Pearson has lots of ways to work with duplicates/uniques at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Dirk_Bob wrote: > > I have two sheets in a workbook. The first column in each sheet has part > numbers. > I would like to compare worksheet1 column a to worksheet 2 column a and > identify duplicate values. I have not been able to make...