Gantt Charts

does anyone know how to make a Gantt chart using Excel?

0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Christine
for some examples have a look at
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/timeline.exe
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/ganttchart/index.html

and searhc this newsgroup for 'Gantt charts'

HTH
Frank

Christine wrote:
> does anyone know how to make a Gantt chart using Excel?

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Overlapping 2 charts (XL2003)
I have a 5 row 3 column sheet in A1:C5. Here are the 15 values (first 3 are column headings): type day amount A,1,10 A,2,11 A,3,12 B,3,7 I'm aiming to have a chart with 1,2,3 on x axis, and 3 blue values: 10 units tall over the 1; 11 over the 2; 12 over the 3. Then I want a red 7 over the x value 3. So I want to see both 12 and 7 above the 3 on the x axis, either overlapping or side by side. I created a chart by highlighting C2:C4 and hitting F11. I can name that series as A. So far so good. Now I want to overlay B data, so under Source Data I add a series named B with values =sheet1!c5...

Is there an easy way to denote significance on charts
The only way I know how to add significance to charts, such as an asterisk above a bar chart, is by adding a text box. Any adjustments to the chart require rearranging the text box. Adding significance to charts is quite common and I can't believe Excel would not have an easier option for this. Another option is to apply shapes to hidden series. For example, if the shape were an asterisk you could then control the position of the asterisk based on your source data. The asterisk could always appear over the bar even if the bar moved when the source data changed. -- John Mansfie...

Finding data for a chart in word
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3325082853_2433946 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit After inserting a chart in a word document I cannot seem to get back to the excel worksheet update data on the chart. Advice please. Thank you. Joe --B_3325082853_2433946 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Finding data for a chart in word<...

XY-charts with non numerical x axis
Hi! I have two data series´, one i column A and one i column B. Column A consits of non numerical informatioon eg names of cities and column B consits of numerical information. Eg I have A: new York,new york,new york london, tokyo, tokyo and B:5,10,2,7,11,12. I want to create a chart where i have the names on the cities on the x axis and the vaules corresponding to each city on the y-axis. the values must be displayed as dots, not as bars. On the x axis I only want one place where it says New york etc. Is this possible? I have tried but did not manage. I always get three places on ...

charting performance speed
So am I correct in finding that the charting preformance speed of 2007 is an absolute dog? Trying to chart 16 datasets with 2055 data pointrs each on an x-y chart, with the colours of some of the lines adjusted to keep them in four "matching sets". I have to wait for nearly a minute for a redraw when you flick back a tab. Can't type any headers without taking a break for a coffee. Am I missing something please? Your impressions match my own. Excel 2007 with SP1 installed is slightly better in some situations. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials ...

Link chart axes' scale values to cells
Hello Everyone. I have some sort of a problem with linking chart axe (min and max values) to cell values in a worksheet. I am using th macro that I found in Mr Peltier' site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html It worked just fine for a simple test I was doing.. BUT, I came up wit the idea of assigning to the cells (the cells that contain the scal params) some worksheet functions, to determine the values from a set o data. When I did this, the macro didn't work anymore. It didn't pop u any errors or such things, it just didn't adjust the chart anymo...

Can you combine data from 2 worksheets into 1 chart?
My son is working on a science project. He had to track the temperature and precipitation levels in Daytona Beach for 9 years. I put the data in 2 worksheets, one for temperature and one for precipitation. He now has to make charts for the data. We've done the 2 separate charts but now we need to make 1 chart showing all the data. Is there a way to take the data from the 2 separate worksheets and put it into 1 chart? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom So...

footer for chart sheets
Using Win 2K/Office 2K. Added this code to Personal.xls to create footer for each worksheet in workbook with file name and path. Public Sub PathAndFileNameInFooter() Dim wsSht As Worksheet For Each wsSht In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets wsSht.PageSetup.LeftFooter = ActiveWorkbook.FullName Next wsSht End Sub It works great except I get a "type mismatch" error for chart sheets. How can I modify the code to also include chart sheets? -- maryj maryj, A chart sheet is not a worksheet, so you have to use a variable data type that includes both. ...

Perspective setting won't save in a 3-D column chart
I have a 3-D column chart that has the perspective setting as 20, the elevation as 24 degrees and the rotation as 198 degrees. I change the settings, close the dialog box and click save. Yet the perspective setting resets itself to 15 every time I open the file. I am using Excel 2007. Any suggestions? Thanks. Hi Kathi, I have been able to duplicate your problem, I suggest this is a bug, although there might be some reason for this behavior, I can't think of any. It's probably not worth it but I suppose you could attach a macro to the Open_Workbook event and reset it to...

VBA
dear community: Everytime I update the chart data range, I have to Select i first: ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Select ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = "=Sheet1!R35C13:R" & iROWS "C13" ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values = "=Sheet1!R35C19:R" & iROWS "C19" ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).XValues = "=Sheet1!R35C13:R" & iROWS "C13" ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).Values = "=Sheet1!R35C20:R" & iROWS "C20" I tried this but not working: Sheet("Sheet1").Ch...

We just got upgraded to Micro. 2003 and let me tell you it's not pretty. I previously had a lengthy Word doc with a bunch of charts linked from an Excel worksheet I had. Since the upgrade I had to re-link every chart because the links no longer work, why is this?????? Also after I cut and paste special as a link each chart I can no longer freely move the chart around or even right click to get properties and select the size I want the chart to show. I paste it in the right column of a word doc table so I need to size it to fit into the column and I can no longer do this. This i...

XY Scatter Chart Not Showing X Axis
I'm trying to create a quadrant analysis. I have the four quadrants as stacked columns and the real data as a XY Scatter. The x axis for the XY Scatter is not showing. The real data series are marked as the secondary axis. Does anyone know how to make the X axis appear? Usually Excel gives you both secondary axes when you add an XY series to a column chart. Go to Chart menu > Options > Axes, and check the box for the secondary X axis. If you're using Excel 2007, it's found on the middle of the three charting tabs, under Axis. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft ...

Charting Dated Data
I have a small file, using only 6 rows and 6 columns. A1 has the word Date in it, A2 through A6 has the dates, 1/1/08, 1/8/08, 1/15/08, 1/22/08, and 1/29/08. B2 through B6 has person's names and the cells from B2 through E6 contains numerical data. I am attempting to create a column chart, with the weekly dates on the X axis and the names in the legend, each column represents an individual. The problem is I am getting a lot of dates between the entered dates, every other day is showing up on the X axis, cluttering up the axis and setting the column widths very narrow. The gap wid...

Excel Charts #19
I am making a chart with weird X-values. Instead of single, whole numbers, I need each value to be as follows: 1-2, 3-5, 6-10, 11-15, etc. Please help me!! My chart keeps going to whole numbers instead and its been driving me crazy for days! How can I fix this problem?!! ...

Charting only non-zero series
I often do pie charts from which I need to delete a number of lables because that particular value is zero, and I don't want the zero series included in the pie. What would be an easy way to get Excel to chart only the values which are not zeros? Travis The way I do it is to have the labels in a column next to the values and to have a filter covering the values. Apply a Custom filter for Does Not Equal 0 (zero) - this hides the zero values and lables and the pie charts automatically adjust. Pete Thanks Pete! ...

Creating a chart with subtotals
I am trying to create a chart from a data list that has been subtotalled using the Excel DATA/SUBTOTALS feature. The main problem I have is that when I do this, my list of items all have "COUNT" after the name. This makes the chart look scruffy. Is there any way to overcome this? Thanks in advance Karl ...

excel series charts
Hi, I am trying to create a line chart in excel with two series. Conside the following data: np time1 time2 1 1000 100 2 900 90 3 850 80 4 700 70 5 600 60 6 400 30 7 300 10 8 270 5 The first series is plotted correctly but the second series i completely wrong. I was wondering if someone else has encountered suc a problem with two series charts. Can anyone suggest a solution to thi problem. thanks, sami -- samit70 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- samit700's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/memb...

charts #23
I am making a chart but all of my y axis values don't show up. What kind of chart, what Y values are there, and how do you expect them to appear? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "alvinb" <alvinb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D3B9198-629B-4A48-A139-D88BFFA3AB40@microsoft.com... >I am making a chart but all of my y axis values don't show up. ...

Saving chart templates
I have created some charts and saved them as templates (crtx). I can apply them to existing chart and, subject to some occasional odd behaviour (plotting agains the ''wrong' axis) it works ok. Not a huge timesaver but you take what you can get. However, if i 'Insert' a new chart using any of three templates I have created - and then attempt to add data to it the workbook is corrupted when I try to save and ALL charts and Range names disappear. I am using the name manager from peltiertech but that has always worked before and even if i avoid using it the pr...

How to hide Grantt chart in Project Center view ?
In Project Center, does anyone know how to display just the project list, but not the grantt chart ? Thanks, ctd Hello ctd, I'm afraid it's not possible to completely hide the Gantt Chart, but you can push it to the very right side of the view: Server Settings / Manage Views / select your Project Center view.... : Left offset for the splitter bar : set a large number of pixels. Hope this helps G�rard Ducouret "ctd" <ctd@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 04F38AEC-E503-4401-91A2-84EF811B2D24@microsoft.com... > In Projec...

Replace Chart Values with Second Set of Values
Hello, I would like to create a "100% Stacked Column" Chart using the over simplified example below: % in 2002 $ in 2002 % in 2003 $ in 2004 x 10% $200 12% $210 y 20% $400 24% $450 z 70% $600 64% $1,000 I would like the bars of the chart to be divided based on the percentages (% in 2002 and % in 2003), but I instead of the values of the percentages appearing I would like the dollar amounts to appear. Any suggestions? Thanks. I saw this question a couple days ago on another forum. Use one of these free...

I dont stand too copy Excel charts
I want too copy Excel Chat But I dont Nkow -- jittagon In article <83C683B4-A117-4F2D-A943-399B07CE4506@microsoft.com>, ExceltoChat@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I want too copy Excel Chat But I dont Nkow > I must be missing something because it's the same way one copies anything in almost any modern program on a Mac or a Wintel machine. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions "Excel to Chat..." <ExceltoChat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Any tips for reducing Exce file size with charts
Many of my colleagues insist on embedding charts into their workbooks. This practice results in the excel file size increasing dramatically. Are there any top tips for chart creation that could reduce the size - only use an unfilled background - use line charts only etc ... ?????? -- jmoffat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jmoffat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1151 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=379274 when you say embedding are they creating charts from one ...

Using paste link for full page Excel 2007 chart cuts off in PP
I am using Excel 2007 and I have a chart that has its own tab (full page landscape). When I use the Paste Link functionality in Powerpoint to link to the chart, it is cut off on the left. It works fine if I use Excel 2003, but the problem with that is I want to use 2007 functionality for formatting!!! Help! ...

task extensions displayed on Gantt chart
Hi I would like to show the original start and finish date of a task and also the new revised finish date for a task in the Gantt chart. How do i do that? Cecilia I guess by "original" you mean the Baseline start/finish dates? Once you setup a project schedule, you "baseline" the plan to record the plan at the start. You can display the baseline fields and the "new revised finish date" which I presume will be the [Finish] date computed by Project on the view by simply adding that column. Right mouse click on the header row to get the menu ...