Frequency #3

I'm using excel with phstat add-in. How do I graph so that the units of the
variable are along the x-axis and just the count or frequency is along the
y-axis?

Secondly, how would I get excel to plot or i.d. the mean and the standard
deviation units along the x-axis?

Thanks for your help.
wrace.

0
wrace (4)

Wrace -

You might need to devote an additional section of your worksheet to
condition the data for plotting. I don't know about phstat, so I don't
know how extensively you will need to adjust your data.

To put a vertical line where the mean and SD are located, check out this
web page:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

wrace wrote:

> I'm using excel with phstat add-in. How do I graph so that the units of the
> variable are along the x-axis and just the count or frequency is along the
> y-axis?
>
> Secondly, how would I get excel to plot or i.d. the mean and the standard
> deviation units along the x-axis?
>
> Thanks for your help.
> wrace.

0
DOjonNOT (619)

Pivot Table Problems #3
I created a workbook (in Excel 97) that has 8 identical sheets in it and another sheet with a pivot table to summarize the data on the 8 sheets. I added a button to run a macro to refresh the pivot table after the data was entered on the 8 sheets. I sent the file to several people to be completed monthly. The file needs to be saved with a new name each month to identify the report period. The users have various versions of Excel. When I opened the returned files, some were OK but for some, Excel reported that the pivot table was invalid and had been discarded. I recreated the pivo...

3 queries into 1
Hello, I am going to try this again starting fresh from my other posts. I am trying to develop an all inclusive query on our inventory. Each fical term we start with new tables. I would like to take our Ending Inventory from our prior fiscal term and combine it with our current inventory balances. In years past I always took our ending inventory and posted them in our purchase order table to have our beginning balances. I thought it would be less time consuming to have a query to combine the 2. Below is a list of data and the query designs. PART # PRODUCT DESCRIPTION END B...

Outlook Distribution Lists #3
I need to send 3 large distribution lists from Outlook Explorer via email to an outside vendor enabling them to broadcast emails on our behalf to over 500 people. I can't seem to figure out how to pull out the names and addresses and send them via email to our vendor. Can anyone share their expertis with me? Thank you! Cynthia Probably not since you have provided no details on what mail application (and version) you are using, what protocol you are trying to use for this action, error messages received, or what the ISP limits are on your outgoing mail. --� Milly Staples [MVP -...

back-up #3
OK,,,its driving me nuts,How the heck to I get my Money files to back up to a CD-RW.I know it looks very simple. Help How do you get, say, a Word document or a WordPad document or an Excel spreadsheet to back up to CD-RW? Money works the same. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=51. "wanda" <jewan@telus.net> wrote in message news:0af901c49fe8$48dc1b30$a601280a@phx.gbl... > OK,,,its driving me nuts,How the heck to I get my Money > files to back up to a CD-RW.I know it looks very simple. > Help Hi Dick That is the best answer I have seen yet for that same repetit...

Blank e-mails #3
we have been receiving e-mails that have no date, no subject and no content. Our ISP says that this is an Outlook Express problem and to search support. We can't find anything? Dick <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > we have been receiving e-mails that have no date, no > subject and no content. Our ISP says that this is an > Outlook Express problem and to search support. > We can't find anything? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. Try REGSVR32 INETCOMM.DLL at a command line prompt. -- Brian Tillman ...

user defined fields #3
I would like to change the field name Comment 1 to Pledge Amt. I am not able to do this. We have modifier. When I open the customer card window and click on Tools > Customize the modifer opens. But I am not able to change the Comment 1 Description. I can select the field, but I cannot seem to change it. I have looked into the properties field without any sucess. I am able to change it globally, but I would like to restrict it to this window only. I am not sure what I am missing here. Thanks nfp nfp, You are not missing anything. Just go to the modified window, select the Commen...

date format in Excel #3
Hi All, What a wonderful mine of information this group is!!! Required daily reading to me. Thanks for the great contributions. Although I have managed to format a cell date (Excel in Office Pro 2000) with the "day" (e.g. "Friday" - as in dddd, dd mmm yyyy), I am stumped when it comes to putting a "th" or "nd" or "rd" (as in 1st/2nd/3rd etc...) Any ideas? TIA -- mac Take a look here: http://cpearson.com/excel/ordinal.htm In article <085A749B-889A-410F-B022-393684155179@microsoft.com>, "mac@bath" <barrydotjdotm...

I want to calculate 3 different % from the same cell
I am making an invoice that will figure a discount for a certain amount of sale, all from the same cell, if the subtotal is < 500 then they will get no discount, if it is > 500 they will get a 5%, and if it is > 750 they will get a 10% discount, what formula do i use?? -- cardfan057 You don't say what you want if the amount is exactly 500 or 750 but try: =A1*(1-((A1>=750)+(A1>=500))*5%) -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "cardfan057" <cardfan057@discussions.micro...

SRS Reporting with CRM 3.0
Hi All, I have a question regarding the performance of SQL Reporting Services under MS CRM 3.0. There will be nine reports for this CRM projects that we are working on and each of them has complex queries which involves several (more than 5) subqueries. Subquery draws lots of resources from the DB and I am planning to create views, stored procedures and UD functions to enhance the performance of the queries. The problem is, MS Dynamic strongly disagree developers to add non-CRM related views, sp or functions into the CRM database and I don’t think it’s a good practice to add prog...

ActiveX Controls #3
Hi, can any one tell me how to create and use activex control?? -- For all problems in ur life u r the only solution. Underdog wrote: > Hi, > can any one tell me how to create and use activex control?? Look for the CIRCLE tutorial in MSDN. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] Hi, Thanx for ur reply..but i tried that sample but its not working properly.....i.e when i tried changing the back color of the circle using the steps given in the sample it didnt work i.e the color is not changing .....Is there any other link for ActievX samples??? thanx in advance "Scott McPhillips...

PST Password Recovery #3
Dear All , How can i recover my PST file password in Outlook 2003. If any 3rd party tool is available please send me the link. Kishore On Apr 4, 3:53 am, "Brinesh Kishore" <bbk.n...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear All , > > How can i recover my PST file password in Outlook 2003. > > If any 3rd party tool is available please send me the link. > > Kishore www.elcomsoft.com ...

3.0 Security Model Questions/Issues
I am stumped in trying to figure out the logic in the 3.0 security model: 1) How do I "hide" sales quotas? (i.e. I don't want my engineers seeing a salesperson's quota. If I enable only view of local BU users, then the engineer can't attach a user from a different BU to an activity such as an email) 2) Is there a way to structure security so that a user can only modify his/her profile (i.e. name, address, phone, etc.)? It seems that I can only grant BU level access to this, thus he/she can modify the record of any user in the BU. Obviously, I could create a BU ...

Problem on SBS 2003
I get signficantly through the CRM installation and I receive the following error - Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ImportDefaultDataAction failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070003): The system cannot find the path specified Any ideas on what is happening? Thanks Hi, Are you installing on a real server or a virtual machine? Have you tried using different media? Where in the installation do you get the error? //Gustaf "Ted Giesler" wrote: > I get signficantly through the CRM installation and I receive the following > error - > > Mi...

Using the 1.2 Word Templates for Quotes in CRM 3.0
Hi, We had a Template for Quotations that worked fine. We used in the template: {IF =ABMerge Sequence #=BB =3D "1" "} and at the end of the template we used: {IF =ABLastItem=BB =3D"1" "}. We managed to edit the crm quote template in order to create this template. For some reason, it doesn't work in CRM 3.0! The first part works, but all the lines that appear after {IF =ABLastItem=BB =3D"1" "} doesn't appear in the merged quotation. Why is that? I have read in the group about an addon that must be purchased, but I would like to be sure th...

Outlook Service Pack 3
After upgrading to Ser Pack 3 I continually receive a prompt (error message) when sending an email. The message reads ...A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do want to allow or deny access. As I am sending an email I assume I will be accessing my contacts...any thoughts on how to turn this message off. Have looked through security settings but no luck. Might want to take a look at http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems to see if anything listed here might be causing this prompt. "Ches" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

Problem with Outlook #3
Yesterday I upgraded my Outlook Express to Version 6.0. Since I did this, when I try and bring it up, it asks for my password, then freezes up. After many tries,including rebooting several times, I gave up. This morning it did the same thing again. After the second try, it finally went in to my e-mail. I am sure that I will have problems again with it. Any thoughts to what may be causing this? I am going to leave my Outlook Express up, so I can read the responses. If I shut it down, I am not sure that I can pull it up. My e-mail is 1Combs1@comcast.net Hi, Cathy - This is a gr...

database problem #3
I am using this code to store data in msaccess database but when i try to open the table it is not tthere ,and while opening the mdb file it will always ask for conversion if i click the convert database then also no table is present. 1)What should i chage in this code to open in msAccess2003 Can anybody help me to solve my problem? 2)For storing i have not done any odbc/oledb (DSN)connection is that needed.If yes how to do the connection? 3)Is this code is right? #ifdef _DEBUG afxDump<<"before opening tha datbase"<<"\n"; #endif db.Create("C:\\ODLDATA.md...

MS Money 2000 vs 2004 compatibility #3
I am currently using MS Money 2000. If I install the new version, MS Money 2004, will the new software be compatible with my old Money 2000 file formats? For example, can I run reports in Money 2004 using Money 2000 records and files? Thanks. Bill Bender ...

Migration from Goldmine to CRM 3.0 with Scribe insight help needed
Ok, we are doing a migration from Goldmine 6.5 Corporate Edition to CRM 3.0. I took the advice of numerous posts and purchased Scribe insight for the data migration. There is very little for instructions for this software. I am getting the Error Number 104 "Error opening data source GoldMineAdapter.Database." Any ideas what this problem may be? I Thank you for any help, and i will try not to post too many stupid questions about this :) Rodney please feel free to respond: rhall;at;salient;dot;com Hi Rodney, I am Scribe certified and I use Scribe many times but I have not ge...

mailbox backup #3
Helllo- I could really use someoens help. I have taken over some of the IT role where I work. We have an employee, who is still with us, but might be leaving soon. His mailbox is active and i would lieke to back up his messages on toa cd/dvd so that nothing gets deleted. I know I can archive like a pst, but basically want ot make acopy of all his mail and burn it on to a dvd. Can I do that. Thank you. On 1 Sep 2006 07:21:50 -0700, Peter.Angione@gmail.com wrote: >Helllo- > >I could really use someoens help. I have taken over some of the IT role >where I work. We have an employe...

sql statement #3
I want to update the the qty and the retail price for All the items in the database from a file (xl or csv). I know the SELECT,UPDATE,WHERE statements. But how do i link from a file. Any detail help will be appriciated. thanks Have you thought about using the Inventory Wizards instead of scripting your changes? The wizards are designed specifically for projects like this. -- Jocelyn "faiz" wrote: > I want to update the the qty and the retail price for All the items in the > database from a file (xl or csv). I know the SELECT,UPDATE,WHERE statements. > But how do i ...

Recovery server #3
Hi, When restoring to a recovery server in another forest, does the recovery server name have to be the same as the backed up server? Thanks, Peter Sorry - should have specified Exchange 2000 SP3 On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:08:47 +0700, Peter Kaufman <peterkhub-usenet@yahoo.ca> wrote: >Hi, > >When restoring to a recovery server in another forest, does the >recovery server name have to be the same as the backed up server? > >Thanks, > >Peter No. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Peter Kaufman&quo...

Locking cells #3
hi there, I was wondering if it is possible to Lock a cell so that no-one ca enter data into it, the reason behind this is because the cell i update from a different worksheet. Thank you for your time Kind Regards Swmasso -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi It's possible. Simply protect the sheet - by default all cells are locked then. When you want to allow users to access some cells, unlock them before protecting the sheet (Format.Cells.Protection). When you want to restrict the access to some cells only, and to allow for rest of worksheet, then unlock all cells ...

Entourage and Explorer keep crashing #3
-- using: office X (for Mac) v.10.1.5 -- Dear sir/madam I have two problems that i have so far been unable to resolve. Firstly whenever i try to open Internet Explorer the program reports "The application Explorer has unexpectedly quit. The system and other applications have not been affected." every time, it will not open even after installing the update to 5.2.3 Secondly, Entourage X keeps reporting the same message, but it will open and everything appears normal until I try to read particular e- mails whereupon it will give me the same message. I have looked through suppo...

Posting Interrupted #3
We have batches which come up with a ststus as 'posting interrupted', I have checked the profiles and the users have posting permissions. What am I missing? This could have happened for a number of reasons, but should not be related to any user permissions. Try releasing the batch under Routines >> Batch Recovery. Print an edit list before posting again to verify that there are no distribution errors with any transactions in the batch. "rcr" wrote: > We have batches which come up with a ststus as 'posting interrupted', I have > checked the profi...