formatting text on chart for specific values

Please help!  I have a list of dates on X axis and # of downtime minutes for
those dates on the Y axis.  I'd like to show all of the dates that have
downtime=0 as blue text, but I can't figure out how to make only those with a
y value of 0 show up as blue on my chart.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in
advance!
0
Satraver (3)

Hi,

This page may help with the formatting of axis labels.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/hiliteaxislabels.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Too many cell formats error
I am receiving a "too many cell formats" error, which is preventing me from doing almost anything with the spreadsheet we are working on. Deleteing current formatting is not an option. Is anyone aware of a way to increase this limit or other ways to solve this problem ???? ...

How do I concatenate two columns when one is in date format?
I am trying to combine two columns using =concatenate. One of them is a column of dates. When I execute the formula the returned value changes my date into a text number. How do i maintain the date value? Within the CONCATENATE() function, instead of referring to the date cell alone, refer to it by nesting the TEXT() function. For instance: if your date cell is A1 and you're concatenating it with cell B1, your formula would look something like this: =CONCATENATE(TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yyyy"),B1) You may need to change the arguments of the TEXT function to fit your specific applic...

Worksheet tabs in Excel Charts
How can I change the height of a worksheet tab so that there is more than one line of text on it (for longer titles). AFAIK, you can't. In article <FF593550-6375-408B-8BAB-1B069BD2B2C7@microsoft.com>, Doreen <Doreen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I change the height of a worksheet tab so that there is more than one > line of text on it (for longer titles). The tab gets wider to accommodate longer names, up to the limit of 31 characters. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - ht...

Copying charts from workbook to workbook
Is there a way to copy a chart from one identically structured workbook to another, without having to manually adjust the Series references to take out the previous file name each time? A sort of "Paste-special-values" for charts? I have to back fill about fifty workbooks with the same chart, and the chart contains references to 7 different series - it's going to take me hours! Thanks, Geoff. Geoff, How about copying the data from one workbook to another? When you copy the data, paste it in the same fields as the one with the chart. The chart will update itself with t...

xlPasteValues is also pasting Formats
This line in a peice of code I've inherited, is pasting formats as well as values... Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, _ Operation:=xlNone, _ SkipBlanks:=False ....can anyone suggest why or how I get it to only paste values? In case its relevant, I've also found that if I add the argument Transpose:=False then it will fail with a 1004 error. Br, Nick I am not seeing that: Sub Macro1() Range("A1").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Copy Range("C2").Selec...

Misaligned charts when printing
Hello, I have two charts on the same worksheet. Both charts are aligned, so they appear to be one combo chart with only the bottom chart displaying the x-axis. However, when I go to print preview or even print that worksheet, the charts appear no longer aligned; in my case, the top chart would show wider than the bottom chart in print preview. Therefore, the scale on the x-axis would be offset in relation to the top chart. When returning to the worksheet view, the alignment was correct again. What causes this inconsistency, and are there any solutions to this problem? All replies, sug...

Outlook..Tools..Options..Mail Format Settings
Does anyone know where the User selections in the Tools..Options..Mail Format dialogue are stored? In particular, I'm interested in the standard and reply file names in the Signature Section. Does this vary according to the version of Outlook? Many thanks in advance to anyone who steps in to help, Peter Jordan IT Contractor Auckland, New Zealand ...

Color gradient problem on X-Y chart
I used a top-to-bottom color gradient on an X-Y chart (formatted as a thick line, with no markers) – lower value line regions were red; middle values orange and high values, at top of chart, were green. It looked great… until it was opened on 2 other PCs (same OS & Office version), where the gradient is somehow corrupted: Instead of the color gradient progressing from the bottom to top of the chart, it changes too quickly along the line, then starts to repeat part-way up the line. This pattern continues, resulting in a mixture of colors at different heights on the chart; s...

Data from .txt file being read in as date, and should be text #2
I have a macro that reads in data from a .txt file. The data contains user IDs that consist of the first 4 letters of their name and 4 numbers. When names are read in that begin with MARCxxxx (ie MARC1234), excel is formating them as a date, and I lose the original data (even when I try to format them after the import, they are a number and the letters are not there. I've tried to format the column that they data read into before the import, but excel still imports them as a date. How can I make the import be read as text? Here is the code for the section I am reading in data for. Do Whi...

display value of button?
I have a data entry form with lots of option groups with radio buttons inside them. It would be great to be able to show the value of those radio buttons, along with the labels, to act as a "data key" to help interpret the data. Is this possible? Hi Karl - I should have been more clear. I would like to show them on the form itself -- so that when I'm looking at a table with 1s and 2s and 3s, I can look at the form and see that 1 corresponds to "Not often" and 3 corresponds to "Very often" for any given field (option group in this case).. On Sep 20, 2:56 p...

Pie Chart
Why are the edges of all pie charts jagged? Is there a way to make them perfect circles with smooth edges? When I make a pie chart in Excel, I can see the jaggedness corresponding to the pixels in the monitor. But when I print out the chart, the scale of jaggedness is reduced to the printer resolution, so it appears much smoother. Have you copied/pasted the chart into another program or into an image file? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Rachel" <Rachel@discussions.m...

Text not fully displayed when text direction changed
I've got a worksheet where most of the text is displayed as usual, reading left to right. I've changed some cells so text direction is -90. When I type into these cells the first part of the first word is partly hidden. It's a bit irritating since the text displays normally in "print preview" and prints correctly - it just doesn't display correctly on the screen. Any help would be gratefully appreciated A shot in the dark: Remove any formatting (left, center or right justified) by un-selecting their respective buttons. Gilles "Mikey9131" <mikewoo...

Functions showing as text
Just recently when I type a function into certain cells, the function shows up as text. If I type the function into a cell elsewhere on my sheet and then cut and paste it into the original cell all is ok. I have tried changing the formatting of the cell to General, Number, etc and it makes no difference. I have also tried clearing the contents and formatting; again to no avail. Any ideas? Sandy Maybe... Saved from a previous post. Excel likes to help. Try this on a test worksheet. Select A1 and hit ctrl-; (to put the date in the cell) now select B1 and type: =a1 Notice that exc...

If there is a qantity in text box, make text box grey
Hi Folks, My manager ask me if I can highligth a text box in details section of my report if a there is data If anyome knows how can I do that. Please help me, Thanking you in advance for your help and support! Fred's Check out Conditional Formatting. If you can't figure this out, come back with detailed questions. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Fred's" wrote: > Hi Folks, > > My manager ask me if I can highligth a text box in details section of > my report if a there is data > > If anyome knows how can I do that. Please help me, >...

how can i change a value in a cell from a formula in another cell?
A formula can only update the value in the cell that holds it. davidhub wrote: -- Dave Peterson On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 05:00:01 -0700, "davidhub" <davidhub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: In the cell that you wish to change (e.g. A2) enter a formula that refers to the cell with the formula (e.g. A1) For example, in cell A2 enter: =A1 If having a formula in A2 is not acceptable, then you will need to use a VBA solution. Using an event macro, you can check the contents of A1 and write an appropriate number into A2. To enter the VB routine, right click on the workshee...

Automatic Charting Problems
Hello, Please bare with me as I try to explain my report & problem. I have a report, that has several rows of values that need to be charted out. To avoid the hassle & headache of having one million charts to see, I have set up a look up table which the user can select up to 5 rows of values to chart out on one chart. In order for this to work, my chart has to be set on those 5 lookup rows. But incases where the user will only want to chart out one row, the chart still is showing the other rows that do not have information in them. Now assuming I havn't lost you yet, ...

superscript specifict text in an equation
Normally to make a portion of text in a cell supscript I would use Format > Cell, however if the text is in an equation, the Cell option is grayed out and not available. How do a apply superscrip to specific text within an equation? Hi AFAIK this is not possible for a formula result "Bryherm" wrote: > Normally to make a portion of text in a cell supscript I would use Format > > Cell, however if the text is in an equation, the Cell option is grayed out > and not available. How do a apply superscrip to specific text within an > equation? ...

How do I increment or decrement values in a column?
I have a column of the numbers 1 and 0. In an adjacent column, I want to increment or decrement the value by 1. I know there's a simple way to do this, but, I can't see it! Thanks for any help, OldKenGoat Example: Col A Col B 0 0 1 1 1 2 1 3 0 2 1 3 1 4 0 3 0 2 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 2 0 1 In B2: =B1+(IF(A2=0,-1,1)) Fill down -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "OldKenGoat" <wswensonNOJUNK@cablespeed....

Unexpected value in metabase smtpsvc\1\domain
I deleted all the domain keys and the db2mb key as suggested, and when I restarted the exchange services and the smtp service, the metabase was correctly repopulated. I also got one I was not expecting: stirlingadvisory dot com. I do not have a recipient policy for stirlingadvisory. I have an SMTP connector that has stirlingadvisory in the address space. Should I get rid of all my recipient policies? Any comments? Single Exchange 2003 in native mode on Windows Server 2003 (david) "david epsom dot com dot au" <david@epsomdotcomdotau> wrote: >I deleted all the domai...

Saving and Excel sheet in a format such as JPG
I would like to save an excel sheet in a format such as JPG or something like that - for the reason of emailing invoices. I have tried cutting and pasing from Excel to Publisher, but I would think there would be an easier thing to do. Any idea? Thanks, Jeremy Select your range shift-edit|Copy Picture Then try pasting into Publisher. If that doesn't work, you could paste into Paint, save as .jpg and then import into Publisher (maybe???, I don't use Publisher). Jeremy R wrote: > > I would like to save an excel sheet in a format such as JPG or something like > that - f...

insert comment and format cell
Q1 How can I insert comment in word Q2 How can I format numbers in words. that is if enter 520935521 and i want the numbers formatted as 520,935,521. WORD 2007 To insert comment:- Review / Comments group / New Comment If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Rohit" wrote: > Q1 How can I insert comment in word > Q2 How can I format numbers in words. that is if enter 520935521 and i want > the numbers formatted as 520,935,521. Running a macro containing the following code will format all of the cells that are selected in that wa...

OL2007
Running OL2007 SP2 under Vista Home Premium SP2. It appears that when I'm replying to a plain text message, editing functions (bold, underline, etc) are disabled. Is there a way to enable them? You'd need to switch to HTML format - plain text is, well, plain text. That means no formatting. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchan...

copying values/text, not formulas
Heya ... I've got a workbook that consists of a "main page" with several columns of formatted text, and several columns of VLOOKUP'ed text drawn from several other worksheets in the workbook. My boss wants only the main page and not the others (too much space on his HD) ... I've been trying to use "Paste Special" to do this, first copying the formats over to a new page (looks exactly like what I have on the main page) and then copying the values. It works fine as long as I have only single cells selected. What goes wrong is when I have merged cells selected...

Advanced Filter for exact value
I tried to do advanced filter for the below list, where "BF BGA" is the header row: BF BGA BF304 C20 BF328 B15 BF348 B10 BF343 B11 BF294 C22 BF199 AD26 BF374 B4 BF1 E5 BF3 C2 BF4 E4 BF5 B1 Using the criteria: BGA C2 B1 The goal is to filter for the values C2 and B1 only. But it filters all values containing C2 and B1 as below: BF BGA BF304 C20 BF328 B15 BF348 B10 BF343 B11 BF294 C22 BF3 C2 BF5 B1 How can I filter on entire contents. Thanks, Madan Try this in your criteria range: BGA =C2 =B1 Debra Dalgleish has some tips (including this one) at: http://contextures.com/xla...

searching for specific text
well, maybe you'll know how to do it with the bigger picture. I'll give you an ‎example: there is a textbox column that might contain the sentence "a box of ‎chocolate". I have another column that needs to say what kind of candy (from a ‎known list of possibly candy) it is the first column. now I need a function that will ‎automatically finds which of the keywords is in the textbox column and gives the ‎answer in the second column.‎ Hello, If you do not get a reasonable response, please send the workbook to: excelmarksway@yahoo.com.au Any confidential information recei...