Formatting data table

I have a data table shown under a diagram. However it won't display all the
decimals. I.e. in the input to the diagram for january 2006 is 1.123, but
only 1.1 is shown in the data table. The only solution seems to be to enlarge
the diagram but this is not an option in this particular case!

As a last resort I could embed a table under a traditional diagram without
the data table, but that is second best.

Looking forward to any help
0
Borris (1)

If you right click on the data table you can change the font size by clicking
on 'format data table' and the font tab.  You can type in the size you want

John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003
Please reply & rate any replies you get

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"Borris" wrote:

> I have a data table shown under a diagram. However it won't display all the
> decimals. I.e. in the input to the diagram for january 2006 is 1.123, but
> only 1.1 is shown in the data table. The only solution seems to be to enlarge
> the diagram but this is not an option in this particular case!
>
> As a last resort I could embed a table under a traditional diagram without
> the data table, but that is second best.
>
> Looking forward to any help
0
John1063 (943)

Restrict users from copying data
Is there anyway to restrict someone (maybe via vba) from copying the contents of the spreadsheet into a new spreadsheet. I have a users that protects his spreadsheets but others just copy the contents and create a new worksheet and modify the numbers. Thanks for any help in advance. -- -J Not really. Excel isn't that kind of secure environment. (any suggestion that involves a macro would be shot to bits if the user opened the workbook with macros disabled) Noone Important wrote: > > Is there anyway to restrict someone (maybe via vba) from copying the > contents of the...

Adding a letter before existing data in a field
I have a simple spreadsheet that consists of a single column of Product Numbers. It looks like this... A Product# 1 132ad 2 853dc 3 865xe 4 y85s4 5 pr8eb etc... through about 10,500 more product numbers. I want to add the capital letter "A" in front every single product number in my spreadsheet. What is the most efficient manner of doing this? I tried recording a macro, but all I could make it do was add the "A" to the first product number, and then copy that exact product number to every other cell, overwriting what was in there be...

how do I format dates in a chart
I am trying to look at some housing prices. when I chart the following data, I get a normal looking chart. July 1, 1991 51,000 August 1, 1993 12,600 September 1, 1998 75,000 September 1, 2001 84,100 March 1, 2004 124,000 Then I add a second house to the mix and wind up with: July 1, 1991 51,000 August 1, 1993 12,600 September 1, 1998 75,000 September 1, 2001 84,100 March 1, 2004 124,000 April 1, 1984 46,900 December 1, 1987 53,300 October 1, 1...

create text box alongside last column of table for two rows
What is the optimum method of creating text fields to the right of the last table column when you only require 3 or 4 in a table of 30 rows? -- Concord Text form fields? It might be simplest to add an extra column and put them in that - either manually or by macro. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>...

Pivot Table Error message
I have created a pivot table in an Excel workbook. When I open the work book, I can a message telling me that there are errors that Excel has repaired and to save the workbook. There is also a log file that is as follows: Microsoft Excel File Repair Log Errors were detected in file 'C:\projects\marketing requests.xls' The following is a list of repairs: Repairs were made to PivotTable report 'PivotTable1' on '[marketing requests.xls]MarketingAnalysis'. but the message keeps happening each time I open the workbook, whether I choose to replace the cells or save...

Pivot Tables 2003 v 2007
So I have an odd question.. I have a pivot table (created in Excel 2003) that links to data (also created in Excel 2003). This Pivot Table has a report filter that allows me to select dates. Right now I do not have the "all" selected in this report filter but actually have the days selected. When I add new data to the data.xls and refresh my pivot table it automatically adds the new dates and selects them automatically to show up in my Pivot table results... This is what I want to happen. Now, I also have a pivot table (created in Excel 2007) that links to the same d...

Removing table column buttons?
Is there a way to remove the sort/filter buttons from specific columns in an Excel 2007 table? Our tables have certain columns that are very narrow and that we will never need to be sorted or filtered. Furthermore, the buttons cover-up the heading labels in those columns. Is there a way to manually disable the sort/filter feature for specific columns and remove the buttons? We also notice that converting a range to a table often changes the column size, especially of smaller columns. Is there a way to prevent this behavior? Thank you for any help with these items. a couple thing...

Conditional Formatting
Hi - Thanks beforehand! I'm stuck on a formula for a condition and hoping someone can help. =AND($H23="stalled",$G23<>TODAY()) Is currently what I have and it works... I need to add an additional part to this formula that looks for if $G23 is blank and/or if it's past today(). So if it's "stalled" has no date or the date has not occurred then true, else if "stalled" and has date that has occurred then false. Try: =AND($H23="stalled",OR($G23="",$G23>TODAY())) Regards, Fred "Awrex" <Aw...

Can Lookup Attributes be Updated using CRM 4.0 Data Import?
I wrote some code that uses the CRM 4.0 Data Import functionality to process files that create and update data for custom entities I have created. It was confusing to figure out because of the sparse documentation but it seemed to be working nicely until I noticed that when ImportModeCode is Update the entity attributes that are Lookups don't seem to be getting updated. For example, I created a custom entity named new_lease that has a new_territoryid lookup attribute that looks up it's data from the territory entity. The code populates the new_territoryid value when importing leases...

Import external data from Access query with Variable
Hello - I have been able to record a macro where I can change the "inventory.Area" from US006 to US007. I would like to be able to make the area a variable and pick up the area code from within a spreadsheet. For example, I am doing reporting for 10 areas and would like to have one template that pulls in the data from Access for one area, saves the file, goes to the next area, pulls in that data from Access and so on. But I cannot figure out how to make the area in the VBcode below a variable. Any help would be appreciated. Sub Macro3() With Selection.QueryT...

Table size limits to 128 rows
I have a table in Word which is larger than 128 rows. 2003 Publisher can not convert or create a table larger than 128 rows. What are my options? Please don't tell me to break the large table into smaller tables... You don't want people to tell you to break the table but if you're limited to 128 rows and you have more than that - you may not have any other options. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A3F01C1-21D9-4FFC-B661-F303232BF9D6@microsoft.com... >I have a table in Word which i...

Reminder DB: Table Structure?
Some of my guys have asked for a "reminder" database. Did due diligence in trying to convince them to use MS Outlook... but no-go. First thing I did was to flip open my Palm Pilot and look at DateBk5's functionality. What I saw was: ------------------------------------------------------------ - Regular appointments (Name/Date/Description) - Repeating Appointments (every N days/weeks/months/years or irregular schedule) - Floating appointments - that keep popping every day from the first alert time/date until the user dismisses them --------------------------------------------...

How to click and drag to modify plotted data in Excel?
Click on a series to select it Click on a data point in the selected series, to select the data point Point to the selected data point (or the end of the bar or column) When the pointer changes to a double-headed arrow, drag up or down Lady Awesome wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

date format problem #12
Hi, i have a problem. my userform has a text box that enters the date when used. my code is this: UserForm1.TxtQuoteDay.Text = (Date, "Long Date") the problem is, when the data is entered to my sheet, the date comes out like this: 09 May 2005// Everything is fine except for the //. Can this be removed or am i doing something wrong? the cell format is date 09 May 2005. Help appreciated. Regards, Nigel Did you mean something like: UserForm1.TxtQuoteDay.Text = Format(Date, "Long Date") And what does "when the data is entered to my sheet" mean? If it means...

format a cell to read zero for any negative value
I would like some advise to show a zero value in a cell when ever the sum value of this cell is a negative value Hi, how about: =IF(SUM(A1:A10)<0,0,SUM(A1:A10)) HTH JG -- pinmaster ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6261 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494490 Use a Custom Format, such as General;\0 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.co...

how do you use data from a chart in a spreadsheet or data chart?
I made an X Y scatter chart in Excel for a time depth display chart. I now want to take that information and put it into a spreadsheet or data chart. The XY chart only shows some crosspoints but I need the data chart to automatically show me the points that are missing (not plotted on the XY chart) I can enter the information into Excel but it leaves a tremendous amount of blank points and I am not sure how to get them to automatically fill in. It is not the same distance between each of the points. If anyone can help me with this, I would be greatly appreciative. It isn't rea...

Pivot Table Refresh Speed
Hello. I'm using Excel 2000. I've implemented a pivot table accessing an Access 2000 database. I refresh the data in the pivot table once a week, then email a link to my users. The problem is, whenever I refresh the data in the pivottable, it reads the data 10 rows at a time usually. Sometimes, it reads 70 rows at a time (at a time being about .5 seconds per read). Other times, it's even faster. I have a lot of data, and sometimes the update only takes a few seconds, other times I need to go make some coffee and socialize. Any way to speed this up? I've tried s...

how can this be? binary data length on serial port differs
Hi, I have a piece of hardware connected up to my serial port. I send it a binary string asking it to sent me its data. This data is not dependent on anything I send or ask, but only on its own internal hardware parameters. In both cases I send it (two-fased data), in HEX values: 10 2 ff 32 2 cc 10 3 I receive (in DECIMAL values): WinXP: 16 2 2 50 2 0 0 0 0 17 29 1 0 3 0 3 0 0 70 0 28 0 7 60 239 16 3 (length: 27) // CORRECT! Win98: 16 2 2 50 2 0 0 0 0 ? 29 1 0 3 0 3 0 0 70 0 28 0 7 60 239 16 3 (length: 26) // INCORRECT! The question mark is not really received, but is the 17 missing! How...

CRM 3.0
Hi, The import fonction now displays HTML and Picture as available formats to choose from. There is no way of selecting CSV or TXT. thanks for helpful any comments ...

setting Excel to reference microsoft activex data objects library from Access
I've created an access program that generates an excel scatter chart that will query an oracle database if a data point is clicked. My problem is that when I generate the excel workbook from access the microsoft active x data object for adodb isn't referenced. Is there a way I can reference the object in VBA? Thanks, ...

How to pull data from Access from within Excel?
I have an Access database I use to create a job quotation # and assign a project name to. I also use Excel to keep track of the hours worked on each project. What I'd like to do is create an employee time sheet in Excel and just enter his daily hours along with the job quotation # and have Excel automatically pull the job name from the Access quotation database. Can anyone help me with a sample or a direct me to a site that will show me how I can do this... I'm not an expert in either software but if i see a sample, i usually can modify it for my use. Thanks folks! Excel has a da...

question re: best way to organze data for this chart
Have product sales data spreadsheet that I need to produce chart for sales presentation. Data includes sales transactions spread over several months. Sample: Transaction 1 - July 20 $12,000 Transaction 2 - July 25 $25,000 Transaction 3 - Aug 1 $35,000 Transaction 4 - Aug 20 $15,000 etc We have several sales per month at different prices. We'd like to show bar chart by month for sales in groups of $10,000 increments. So each month there should be bars for sales in these ranges: $10,000 - $19,999 $20,000 - $29,999 $30,000 - $39,999 etc. There would be a bar for each group above wi...

How to do a conditional formatting based on an adjacent cell
I want to conditionally format a cell if a different cell has contains certain data. I only know how to do this based on the selected cells contents. Can anyone help? Format / CF / Change 'Cell Value is' to 'Formula is' and then use normal formulas with cell references. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) -------------------------------------------...

Any GP-specific risks when adding an index or stat to GP tables?
I've been looking at possibly speeding up some of the GP reports by adding new indexes and/or stats to our GP tables. Are there any special concerns as far as custom indexes/stats with GP tables beyond the usual SQL Server tuning considerations? I have done just that at several client sites and it works great. The concerns are two standard ones: 1. Keep a script used to build the indexes. When you upgrade, update, or rebuild the tables, GP will not re-add your indexes. 2. Too many indexes on a table will slow down database updates. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / ...

source data with two decimal points?
Hello, I'm trying to chart some data that has two decimal points, ie 3.4.5, 3.5.4, 4.1.3, etc When there is one decimal point there are no problems but with data with two decimal points the chart seems to show all values as being zero? Any ideas? Thanks Yes, of course it shows as zero, as a string with more than one period mark is a text string, not a number. If you want to convert the text string into an equivalent number you'll need to define the rules for the conversion. Will there be only one character between pairs of "decimal points" or are numbers such as 3.15...