Format X-Axis with Base Unit = Hour(s)

I dealing with hourly data I need to graphically present
the data in hourly intervals. MS Excel only allows for
Base unit selections of Day(s), Months(s) and Year(s).
Is there a solution available to plot hourly indexed
values without the graphical scaling on hourly intervals?

[This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting with an
email copy to Joe.
Please use the newsgroup for further discussion.]

The easy out is to use a XY Scatter chart.

The more complicated solution is to use a XY Scatter chart with an
additional (dummy) series that represents the values you want to show
on the x-axis.  Plot this series, show its x-values as datalabels, and
hide the display of values along the real axis.

For an example of how to use a dummy series as an axis label, see the
'Flexible Log Scale' tutorial on my web site.  The same principle that
applies to that tutorial applies to the x-axis.

--
Trouble finding replies to your posts?  Use a newsreader.  See the
tutorial 'Outlook Express and Newsgroups' on my web site

Regards,

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <091201c34c61$550908e0$a501280a@phx.gbl>,
joejillback@hotmail.com says...
> I dealing with hourly data I need to graphically present
> the data in hourly intervals. MS Excel only allows for
> Base unit selections of Day(s), Months(s) and Year(s).
> Is there a solution available to plot hourly indexed
> values without the graphical scaling on hourly intervals?

0
ng_poster (159)

Whats the best web based store for integrating with RMS?
Hi, in the past monts I opened a topic about RMS integration with yahoo stores... and i found that fully integration is not a reality at this moment. What other web based stores can be integrated easily or fully or at least well integrated with RMS? (im planning to purchase the QH for RMS too) Thanks Hello Aldo! We have quite a few carts that will work with Microsoft RMS. Our Web Integrator: Professional is quite robust with its feature set, and affordably priced. http://www.newestech.com/POS/RMS/eCommerce/Professional.htm http://www.newestech.com/POS/RMS/eCommerce/Web%20Integrator...

addding/omitting "x"
colume a=value, colume b is notation with s1, s2, s3, and s4 according to the type of values in colume a. I want to add only values that was notated with s1 in colume b, but omitting that was mark with "x" in colume c respectively. Hi there. First of all, I guess you could continue updating your first post below ;) Regarding to your problem, please, try: =sum((B10:B20="s1")*(C10:C20<>"x")*A10:A20) SHIFT + CTRL + ENTER You should enter the above formula by pressing SHIFT + CTRL + ENTER (and not just ENTER) since it is an array formula. R...

Custom formatting #7
How can I do the following custom formatting – I need trailing dots before the number ……..1,234.00 Thanks for any help Right Click > Format Cells > Select Custom Enter "........ "0.00 "John Knoke" <JohnKnoke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:586761E6-32A9-4911-BF50-3790614145B2@microsoft.com... > > How can I do the following custom formatting - > I need trailing dots before the number > ....1,234.00 > > Thanks for any help > > John, Use a custom number format of *.#,###.00 Note the period between the * and the f...

Vacation Hours Available
Hello: We just upgraded a client from Dynamics 6.0 to GP 9.0. The client has Human Resources. The client says that there used to be an inquiry window in HR that would show the vacation available amount of hours that appear on an employee's check stub. Is this gone? It is either a separate inquiry window or used to be at the bottom of the Employee Summary Inquiry window. Thanks! childofthe1980s The employee summary is still there at Cards >> Human Resources >> Employee-Attendance >> Summary. -- Charles Allen, MVP "childofthe1980s" wrote: >...

Convert time stored as decimalised number to time format
Hello How can I convert 3.5 hours to 3:30:00? -- Emma Emma A1/24 and formate as time Mike Rogers "Emma" wrote: > Hello > How can I convert 3.5 hours to 3:30:00? > -- > Emma ...

How to create web-based reports from RMS database.
The reports available in RMS is not specific enough for my apparel retail store. I need sell the through rate, average sale, sales/sf, return rate, discount analysis, all broken down by date, week, month, year, category, supplier, and then compare against last year's numbers. I want to create my own web-based reports accessing RMS's SQL database. Does anyone have a template of data access web page so all I have to do is change the SQL statement in getting to the right database table? mas wrote: > The reports available in RMS is not specific enough for my apparel retail > ...

Keeping the format but update the data
I have a report I run everyday. I want to update the data, but keep the column sizes and formatting. Any suggestions? Anybody suggest a good ebook to become more formuliar with excel? JoeM JoeM, this could be as simple as recording a macro during the formatting of the sheet after importing the data once. Then each day, after importing the new data, you simply run that macro. As for online eBook's for Excel, I'm not actually aware of any although I suspect a Google search would turn up several. It's hard to beat the "For Dummies..." series of hardcopy...

NEED HELP-wrong formatting saved ??
After using word 2007 and saving a word file, it changed the formatting from the previous file (i think it was .wps microsoft works word processor) and now its all messed up.....I think I saved it in some other wrong encoding standard......now, whenever I open this file now half of it is in some weird looking unreadable characters....like this with wha捬屨捦ㅳ尠晡‰汜牴档晜獣‰歜牥楮杮尰扤档慜㍦㔱㔰楜獮獲摩㌱ㄳ〶‷਍灜牡素筽⩜灜獮捥癬ㅬ灜畮牣屭湰瑳牡ㅴ灜楮摮湥㝴〲灜桮湡⁧屻湰硴慴ges! That is what seems to happen once the system breaks its laws from the inside. ......couldnt find online solutions...does anyone have any suggestions or s...

Conditional Formating: linking to display another cell
Hello, I am trying to make a traffic light with symbols and I've read to 'use a separate cell for the dropdown choices, with their resulting value linked into the formatted cell through an IF function, using the character that you want to display.' So: =IF someone enters '1' in B8, THEN display contents of $C$4 (will it display font and attributes?) =IF someone enters '2' in B8, THEN display contents of $C$5 =IF someone enters '3' in B8, THEN display contents of $C$6 But I've been reading everywhere and CF is very new to me and I need ...

NNTP/web-based access (still) horked
[Posting via clunky web-based access at ~12:15 PM PST/20:15 UTC, 10 Jan-10] Right now, web-based access to this newsgroup is not showing any new posts since 12:45 AM PST/08:45 UTC, 09 Jan-10...though AFAIK most posts since then are showing up via NNTP. This has been going on since March 2009, guys. Pull your finger out of it & get it fixed, OK? PS: Happy New Year, Little StevieS! Time to earn that raise, bucko. -- ~PA Bear... Ahh, if only this sort of thing could happen permanently to techarena, eggheadcafe, vistaheads, etc... "PA Bear [MS-MVP]" <PABea...

Re: Sharepoint and PST's
Good news! Microsoft has released a hotfix that adds a registry value = named AlwaysAllowSharePointPST to support links to SharePoint even with = DisablePST is set. See = http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;en-us;897658 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message = news:... Since DisablePST doesn't disable the opening of existing PST files, = w...

Newbie Needs Help With Formatting E-Mails
Newbie Needs Help With Formatting E-Mails Hi all. I'm new to this site and would appreciate some formatting help. I created a new Word doc and copied and pasted some graphics and some simple text boxes in to it. The graphics and text boxes were created in Powerpoint by someone else. Looks fine on my screen. Before sending it out via e-mail to an Outlook e-mail group I have, I first sent myself a test message to see what it would look like on the receiving end. It looks a mess! The text boxes are all over the place, as is the text that is not in a box. Also, everything slide over to ...

How do I add y-axis labeling on the right side of chart?
I'd like to add an axis with same values on the right side of the chart. You'll need to have at least two series in order to enter a secondary axis. On one of the series, change the Axis to Secondary axis. "DavidNHFCU" <DavidNHFCU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28759EE0-759E-4964-8F5E-6C49099653B6@microsoft.com... > I'd like to add an axis with same values on the right side of the chart. How can I force the y-axis at the bottom of my chart to appear for all 12 months when I only have Jan, Feb and March figures to put in the first thre...

2003 format in 2007?
I'm used to Outlook 2003, but I just bought a new computer and installed Outlook 2007. I view a week at a time, and I prefer the calendar format in 2003 -- it shows the whole week in two columns and I didn't have to scroll. Is there a way I can use the same format in 2007? No, unfortunately that view had to be removed to enabled calendar overlay. Try a two week view: http://slipstick.me/2wk -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dai...

dialog based app & command line
Hello, I'm trying to launch my application with command line arguments, but I received an error, without any identification number of it. The MessageBox tolds me: "Runtime error" "the path to my exe file" "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact...". Have somebody a ideea where is the problem? Thank you a lot in advance, Alex PS: When I debbutg the appllication with command line args. from project properties the app. starts very well Try setting the start command line options fro...

What's the function of folder subscription in MS Outlook 2003
Hi, I would like my MS Outlook to show all imap folders in my account, but to run routine updating only on my inbox folder. I would like each of my folders to be updated only when I choose a folder. I checked my folder list and identified a distinction between "all" folders and "subscribed folders". For some reason, all my folders were already subscribed. I've unsubscribed from my folders, but the complete list keeps showing up. Is there anything wrong with my folder list routine, or is my logic erronous? Please suggest a solution? Ran ...

blank postcard template 4 x 6
Hi, I have a postcard that I made in MS Publisher that is 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 in size. Obviously I can't use a .23 cent stamp on this item. I was interested in modifying my larger postercard and reducing it to a 4 x 6 template size so I can save on postal expenses. I couldn't find a blank template! I've purchased card stock and am ready to figure out a way to convert the larger size to (4) 4x6 smaller postcards printed on a full sheet 8 1/2 x 11. I'll then have them cut to size. So.. is there a easy to use template out there and how do I convert (shrink) my current postc...

formatting #2
Is the strikethrough formatting option no longer available in Publisher? Or if you need to use a strikethrough do you have to draw a line through the text? The line does not always stay in the same spot when you group and then have to paste on another page. Waggie wrote: > Is the strikethrough formatting option no longer available in > Publisher? Or if you need to use a strikethrough do you have to draw > a line through the text? The line does not always stay in the same > spot when you group and then have to paste on another page. ========================== You have the an...

Logical Filtering based on Value
I've been using this formula to sort some values and return results if( or( and( b9<>"", isnumber( find( Left(b9,1 ,"AWFUY") ) ), isnumber( find("SHORT",g9 ) ), sum( countif(c9,{"BOG","BLM","CMO"}) ) ) ) ) ,i9-0.01,j9 ) --I used ALT-ENTER between each formula so as to see thing clearly Column A values can be "B01" Column B values can be "BRN" Columns I & J are values, one being lowest the other being highest allowed. On another sheet I...

Text formatted email
I am trying to email a long hyperlink path to some one that can only receive text formatted emails. When they receive the email it, the hyperlink gets converted in to 2 lines, top line is a hyperlink (path incomplete) the second line is "text" with the balance of the hyperlink path. I placed < > around the hyperlink and it still splits in to 2 lines. Is there any way to keep the full link path intact? Thanks! jvs Tiny URL to the rescue! :-) http://tinyurl.com/ -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Cr...

Trying to get a type of video file format to open and run on my we
I created a video using Windows Movie maker and saved as .wmp file. I saved it to my computer and then inserted on my web page under Front Page 2003. Nothing! I then converted the file to avi format - still nothing! I then tried mpeg4 still nothing. The manual is next to useless on this subject. Anyone tell me what I need to do so that when a user opens up the page the video plays automatically. -- Simon Holloway Save as a .wmv and insert a suitable player into the page. For IE only, Insert->Web Component->Advanced Controls->ActiveX Control Click Next Choose Window...

HOWTO Make CDialog's with ActiveX in a LIB.
HOWTO Make CDialog's with ActiveX in a LIB. Please help, I'm having a heck of a time trying to get a CDialog derrived class host a single ActiveX control (the CWebBrowser control), from a static LIB. When the OnInitDialog for the class call's CDialog::OnInitDialog it bombs inside the DoDataExchange for the DDX_Control of the control. Specifically at dlgdata.cpp line 43, with the following ASSERT: TRACE(traceAppMsg, 0, "Error: no data exchange control with ID 0x%04X.\n", nIDC); The reason why this ASSERT fails is because the CDialog's "m_pCtrlCont" i...

Import data not in correct format
Import data reads: Need to do statistical anaysis on hundreds of numbers and Cell value # of Cells don't want to enter the numbers by hand. 3 1 4 2 Would like: Cell Value 3 4 4 ...

How do I stop Excel from deleting the Window's Clipboard Contents
Note: This is with the Office Clipboard turned OFF! For example, If I write the following in 5 cells in Excel. [Hello ][My ][Name ][Is ][Fred ] Then I Copy (CTRL+C) the Cells: [Is ] and [Fred ] to the Clipboard... Then I press [Esc] (there are a dozen other ways to do this, but, this is the simplest) Now, I go to any cell, anywhere in my workbook, and press Paste (CTRL+V)... No Data... If I open up Notepad... Paste (CTRL+V).... No Data... Excel has *decided* for me, that I want to delete the Window's Clipboard Contents. Although I ha...

Four Conditional Formats?
Dear all, I am attempting to set up a template for someone else to use on another machine, and wish conditional format a cell such that it has four potential formats. The first is based on an adjacent cell value, and if this is met, then it is colour 1. The remaining three, are all AND statements involving the first cell and another cell value being less than date A, less than date B or less than date C. Is this possible to do? I have limited VB knowledge, and am wary of using add-ins as the people I am sending this to to use have limited excel knowledge. Regards, Steve -- stevepain -...