format one data series, with error bars, and use it as default

In Excel can I format one data series with custom plus and minus standard
deviation error bars and custom colors and then have the chart use that as
the default? I couln't use a format painter to do.
0
JBR1 (2)

JBR,

Yes, once you've created the chart with your custom error bars and colors,
save it to the Custom Types Gallery:

(1)  Select (active) the chart.
(2)  Go to Chart -> Chart Type -> Custom Types Tab -> User Defined.
(3)  Click the Add button and you should see the Add Custom Chart Type
Dialog box.
(4)  Enter a name and optional description for your chart.
(5)  Click OK and your chart should appear in the Chart Type box.
(6)  Use the "Set As Default Type" button which also appears under the
Custom Types Tab to cause Excel to use your new chart as the default.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"JBR" wrote:

> In Excel can I format one data series with custom plus and minus standard
> deviation error bars and custom colors and then have the chart use that as
> the default? I couln't use a format painter to do.

John, This will save a me a huge amount of time. Thanks.
0
JBR1 (2)

conditional formatting sort

Colored Scroll bars
Hi, We would like to change background color of all scroll bar components in our ..Net application, but change should apply to all controls in our application. I mean not only ScrollBar controls explicitly used, but scroll bars in tree, listview, combo and third-party controls etc. We even have MFC control used through managed c++ wrapper with its own scroll bars. Is there some way to do it (subclassing windows, application-wide hook, etc) ? We can code it Win32 pure if it helps. Alexander Arlievsky. Scroll bars in list controls, tree controls, etc. are not "real" scroll bars, bu...

Using Relative path for XML data file?

default values in a cell

Pulling data from separate tabs

Error 550 Relaying denied