Font Format in Axis Labels

Is there a way to format font in axis labels?  Like Bold, 12pt, Red

"Phil Hageman" <PhilHageman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to format font in axis labels?  Like Bold, 12pt, Red

Yes.  Format Axis, and then the Font tab.
--
David Biddulph

0
david4578 (116)
9/24/2005 7:46:06 PM
Hi,

If you want to format specific parts of the axis labels you will have to
create the labels yourself. See Jon's examples
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html#ArbAxis

Cheers
Andy

Phil Hageman wrote:
> Is there a way to format font in axis labels?  Like Bold, 12pt, Red

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

The axis label on Jon's site is not active yet.  I'll look around on the
web...

Thanks for your time though.

Phil

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you want to format specific parts of the axis labels you will have to
> create the labels yourself. See Jon's examples
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html#ArbAxis
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Phil Hageman wrote:
> > Is there a way to format font in axis labels?  Like Bold, 12pt, Red
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

Hi Phil,

I just tried the link and all seemed fine.
Basically you need to add a dummy data series, xy scatter, and use it's
data labels to provide the axis labels. These data labels can the be
formatted individually.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
0
andy9699 (3616)
9/26/2005 11:32:47 AM
Andy,  I'm wanting to format a single X-axis label - not a data label.  I
have a chart with seven columns, and want the middle column to stand out.
Thanks,
Phil

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> I just tried the link and all seemed fine.
> Basically you need to add a dummy data series, xy scatter, and use it's
> data labels to provide the axis labels. These data labels can the be
> formatted individually.
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Phil Hageman wrote:
> > Andy,
> >
> > The axis label on Jon's site is not active yet.  I'll look around on the
> > web...
> >
> > Thanks for your time though.
> >
> > Phil
> >
> > "Andy Pope" wrote:
> >

> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>If you want to format specific parts of the axis labels you will have to
> >>create the labels yourself. See Jon's examples
> >>http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html#ArbAxis
> >>
> >>Cheers
> >>Andy

> >>--
> >>
> >>Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> >>http://www.andypope.info
> >>

> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

Trouble is you can not format a single axis label. That's why you need
to make your own axis labels using datalabels that you can format
individually.