Flying Bricks Chart

Hi!

Could anybody, please, give me the table with formulas, i.e. source for
creating Flying bricks chart, or detailed decription of how to build
one.

Thanks,
Irada

--
Irada Shamilova
Irada Shamilova's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=12286

Is this what you want:

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Brickyard.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Irada Shamilova wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Could anybody, please, give me the table with formulas, i.e. source for
> creating Flying bricks chart, or detailed decription of how to build
> one.
>

> Thanks,
> Irada

PROBLEM:How to squeeze 2 Page sized Chart in Excel 2000 & embed in Word 2000 and print from Word to fit one page ???
Hello , I am a university student and I have drawn a graph of some curves and it is about 2 pages wide . The university wants me to embed it in Word and send the Word document to them electronically . My problem is how can I embed it so that when the university prints out my project it fits to one page only so that it can be read easily? Can anyone help ? Thanks . Peter On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 17:13:50 +1000, someone@somewhere.com wrote: >Hello , > >I am a university student and I have drawn a graph of some curves and >it is about 2 pages wide . The university wants me to e...

Excel charts #12
I am trying to format the individual labels on the category axis on an Excel chart. I want every other label in a different color and bold. But the entire category axis is formatted. Does anyone have a suggestion? The category axis is years - 1990 through 2005. I want the odd years to be bold and a different color than the even years. When Excel doesn't let me do what I want with a chart axis, I draw my own: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html Use this technique to make two different axes, one for even and one for odd, and hide the default axis Excel draw...

Diabetic blood BCI daily diary chart
Does anyone know of an exel chart for diabetic bci daily diary chart available for download What information are you looking to track?? "Bruce" wrote: > Does anyone know of an exel chart for diabetic bci daily diary chart > available for download Send me your email address to my address below and I'll send you one I use. Also good for BP -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F8DD444-520D-43F4-A2CF-BA8595CA01BE@microsoft.com... > Does anyone ...

Automatic removal of data labels with 0 value in a chart
Hi, I have some charts that I want to remove only the data labels which value = 0. I know how to do this manually,I am only interested in finding out how to display data labels in a chart whose values are equal to 0. If the only way to do this is by using BVA code, would you please send me some code. Is there a toggle swith in the Excel Options just like the one that currently exists not to display 0 in a work sheet? I have about 100 columns in seven different charts that I need to edit manually every week and it is very time consuming. Thanks. You can use a simple custom num...

Radar Chart
I thought I had already posted this question but it has not appeared so I am reposting (from different email address). I would like to know if it is possible to show that data table on a radar chart? This option does not appear to be available. Kind regards, Alison Allison - Put the chart on a worksheet, then make your own data table in the cells below or beside the chart. This has the advantage of being able to include any data you want in the table, and the ability to format it however you want. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Exc...

Excel basic chart data layout
I=92ve just been upgraded to Office 2007 and trying to get data were I want in a basic chart is surprisingly difficult. I have a table with three columns; Potential Hazards, Severity and Probability I want a column chart with Probability in the X axis, Severity in the Y axis and the corresponding Potential Hazards in the legend. I could use some basic direction as to how to accomplish this. Thanks Robert Hi, Can we assume the problem you are having is the chart contains 3 series rather than 2. With the first series being the information you require as the horizontal axis...

Colouring Chart backgrounds
Hello, I would like to colour the background of a chart with 3 different horizontal stripes of colour. I have tried drawing 3 rectangles on it but cannot send it to the back, therefore it covers my actual chart info. Is there a way of doing this? Many thanks, Amanda Hi Amanda, Take a look at Jon Peltier's example, you should be able to adapt it. (http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ColoredQuadrantBackground.html) Amanda wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to colour the background of a chart with 3 > different horizontal stripes of colour. I have tried &...

Charting information from a number of worksheets
Dear All I have a spreadsheet set up with one worksheet for each week of the year. The spreadsheets all have exactly the same template. I would like to plot a graph of the data held in cell B4 in all of the worksheets. I want to end up with a graph with the weeks across the bottom and the value of B4 for each week on the y axis. Is this possible? Thanks Ian While searching for the answer to my own question - I found this - which may be helpful for your issue. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html ...

Column Charts
I would like to produce a stacked column chart to show two different types of income over two years. I cannot for the life of me work out how to do it. HELP!!! Enter the data on a worksheet, e.g.: 2001 2002 A 100 150 B 100 150 where the income types are A and B. Select a cell in the range, and click the Chart Wizard button Select the Column chart type, and the Stacked Column subtype Marion wrote: > I would like to produce a stacked column chart to show two different types of > income over two years. I cannot for the life of me work out how to do it. > HELP!!...

Excel Charts #2
My problem is that I have a chart that I am creating a chart of tota sales for new molds and products for our sales engineering guy for eac year 99 to current. No problem, right? Wrong! He wants each bar t be broken down in to top customers to show where the sales came from. I have never done this - how do I accomplish two graphs in one ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com What kind of a chart do you want? What would be on the x-axis? The y- axis? How are ...

Chart/Graph Help
I am doing a simple line chart/graph for 7 years. One of the points in the line I need to accentuate or make it stand out for a text footnote I am adding. How do I do this? I am a novice with charts/graphs. Click once on the point in the chart, now click on it again. You have selected a single point. Right click and use Format Data Point; now you can give that point another colour and/or shape. Be careful when you do the second click not to move the mouse; otherwise the point will move. Alternative: use a call out Use View|Toolbars and have Drawing toolbar visible Click on chart to se...

Chart from PivTbl, WITHOUT PivChart?
I've been trying for hours. How do you make a chart from PivotTable data WITHOUT using/going through a PivotChart? I cannot seem to get the control I want over the graph - the PivotChart assumes too many things. Dick Penny -- dpenny ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dpenny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19708 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=556090 Dick - Select a cell somewhere outside of the pivot table. Use Step 1 of the Chart Wizard to choose the chart typ...

How to change plot area size of pivot chart
I have not been able to find a way to change the size of the plot area of a pivot chart. Is there a way to do this? thx, Jua No, not without stretching the entire chart. This is one of the limitations of pivot charts. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "juamig" <juamig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42BC8AA2-D06D-49B7-B265-3231193167D4@microsoft.com... >I have not been able to find a way to change the size of the plot area of a > pivot chart. Is ...

Chart does not print properly even if shows ok in page break previ
When I have a worksheet which includes a chart that is big in size and then I want it to print in one page then I use the fit to function in the page property window and select either a percentage or the number of pages (i.e, tall x wide). Once I print or do print preview the cells are shrunk so the fit to whatever size I requested but somehow the chart does not shrink. I looks as if it is an independent object. This is deceiving particularly in the page break preview which does show that my chart will fit inside my page but when I print it does something completely different. Exce...

Text Box Missing from Printed Chart in Excel 2007
Text box will not print or show up in "Print Preview" on line chart. Text box has been brought to the front of the chart, but still unsuccessful. Similar chart in different workbook prints fine. Suggestions? -- Thank You, TimB Sounds like you positioned the textbox over the chart but not embedded in it. Try Cut the textbox, select the chart, paste the textbox in the chart, reposition to suit. Regards, Peter T "TimB" <TimB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D54A69A-7C71-433A-B0A3-55821D3DEB9F@microsoft.com... > Text box will not print or ...

Formula'd cells charting as zero values
I have a very simple series, on which a line chart is based. The series contains the following formula: =IF(I6<>"",H26+I6,"") Therefore the cells in the range are blank if the source cell (row I) is empty. However, all cells with the above formula are being plotted as a zero value in the line chart? Can anyone advise how to prevent this happening while retaining the formula? I want NO value to be plotted instead of a zero. Many thanks, Jay Use an error instead =IF(I6<>"",H26+I6,NA()) will work, if the error annoys you from a design point...

wanting to NOT plot #Div/0 on chart
Good afternoon, I have serveral charts that plot #div/0 as zeros. My current function is simple (=sum(D3+G3)/C3), which returns the #div/0 in the reports containing the chart info. Is there a formula I could use (NA? possibly) that would take care of this problem? Thank you! Asking 3 times in no more likely (in fact probably less likely) to give you an answer than asking once. -- David Biddulph Brandy wrote: > Good afternoon, > > I have serveral charts that plot #div/0 as zeros. My current > function is simple (=sum(D3+G3)/C3), which returns the #div/0 in the > repo...

Gantt charts
Just starting to create a gantt chart. Any resource to walk you through a beginner level to more advance gantt charts ? "Drew Cutter" <andrewc@wcoil.com> wrote in message news:e2lvpe$gh2$0$65.17.128.14@wcoil.com... > Just starting to create a gantt chart. Any resource to walk you through a > beginner level to more advance gantt charts ? http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA010346051033.aspx http://www.mrexcel.com/tip058.shtml http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://lacher.com/toc.htm ...

Combining multiple flow charts
How do you combine multiple flow charts in Visio 2003 Pro and not lose the ability to edit the one you dragged into page 2? The new one moves as a block, text editing doesnt work etc.. thanks -- Philburnmaui Huh? Are you grouping the flowcharts somehow or doing a paste-link or pasting as a metafile or something weird? Ordinarily, Visio data will drag and drop into other Visio containers as regular old Visio data - nothing fancy or weird should happen along the way. How exactly are you doing this? -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "Philip Burnett" <PhilipBurnett@...

Bar chart scales
Hi, I have data that has large discrepancies in it. For example, 90% of the data is on a scale of 10. The remaining 10% is on a scale of 900. I want to create a split in the bar so that the one outlier doesn't create a graph that shows only the large number and not the small numbers. How do I do that? Pluto Check Jon Peltier's http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <13f8301c3c2fc$0dc77b...

How do I mark data points in an Excel chart as significant?
I have Excel 2003 and want to mark specific data points on a line chart as statistically significant with some kind of symbol (*). I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this, or maybe it is not possible. Thanks for the help in advance. Chris - You can split the data into two series, and use a different symbol for significant points. This web page has instructions: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Chris Russe...

Stacked Chart Colours Disappear #2
I have a stacked bar chart. When I view it on my screen it is in color However when I do a print preview or I copy it as a picture it turn into a black and white chart. I can't figure out how to display to ge it to copy in color. I originally thought it had something to with th patterns I was using in my stacked bars, but after removing th patterns, I still have the same problem. What it is going on? R -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Your print preview depends on the printer you have chosen. If you are getting B/W, than yr prt is black and white only. Try choosi...

chart with %
How I create automatically chart similar to PIE but "columns with % " without create a new table with % numbers ? thanks Marina ...

Automatically moving a drawing object in a chart
Anybody know how to automatically move a drawing object within a chart. When I add new data the chart compresses to the left but the drawing objects stays. I want it to move with the bars or lines. Thanks, Dan There's no Excel capability to automatically move a drawing object to keep up with changing data (or changing chart formats, which can be just as frustrating). If the drawing object is not too complicated, you could add an XY series (one point only, an X and Y value) and use the drawing object as a custom marker. To do this, copy the object, select the series or the point, ...

Chart Data Labels from Cells
Is it possible to use a series of cells for the data labels on a scatte chart ? For example, x values in column A, y values in column B, and dat marker labels in column C... Thanks, Blewy -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Blewyn, It is possible and here is a free addin to make it easy. Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com Cheers Andy Blewyn < wrote: > Is it possible to use a series of cells for the data labels on a scatter > chart ? > > For example, x values in column A, y values in column B, and data > marker labels in column C......