Fixed straight line(s) on a chart

How can I draw a fixed straight line in an excel chart. A line on a
level I can easily adjust changing the value in a spreadsheet cell,
for example.

Is it possible to fix even multiple lines (eg. as a fixed "bandwidth
information" - data comparing to a bandwidth)?

Thanks Lukas

Hi
See the following sites:
http://andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DummySeries.html#AddLine

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Lukas" <lukas.bieri@gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> How can I draw a fixed straight line in an excel chart. A line on a
> level I can easily adjust changing the value in a spreadsheet cell,
> for example.
>
> Is it possible to fix even multiple lines (eg. as a fixed "bandwidth
> information" - data comparing to a bandwidth)?
>
> Thanks Lukas

0
frank.kabel (11126)

multiple CD's, same bank
I've got multiple CD's opened up at the same bank. They are all under the same account number, but each under a separate heading. Each of the CD's mature at a different time, and they will be rolled over into new CD's over the next 18 years. Futhermore, my bank provides online banking services directly within MS Money, including automated download of statements. So...what would be the best way to set up these accounts in Money? Should I create one account named CD and then make a cash transaction for each CD? Should I set up each CD as an individual investment accou...

Combo Chart
I would like to do a combo chart. Any ideas? TIA Lacreeda Lacreeda - Plot all the data in a chart using the chart type you want to use for most of the series. Select one series you want to change, choose Chart Type from the Chart menu, and pick the chart type you want for this series. Repeat for any other series you want to change. Excel offers some built in combo types, but it's easy to make your own, and you can be much more flexible this way. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Lacreeda wrote: > I wou...

Copying data from one chart to another

1 Chart

Obtaining a hot fix for Event 9582
Greetings! I have an Exchange 2000 Server standard edition (SP3 + latest roll-up) running on Windows 2K (SP4 + latest updates). The server has 2 GB of RAM and I do NOT have the /3GB switch in the boot.ini file. Yesterday this server began generating memory fragmentation errors. The event log item is below: "Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: Performance Event ID: 9582 Description: The virtual memory necessary to run your Exchange server is fragmented in such a way that performance may be affected. It is highly recommended that you restart all Exchange s...

Visio 2003--Can't drag objects from templates into flow charts.
Utilizing Visio 2003 in an Microsoft XP environment, I have not been able to drag objects from templates onto flow charts. I do not understand why. ...

Time performance Chart
Greetings. (help) I need to develop a chart that graphically depicts an employees start time and end time each day. This chart would be a bar chart. The bar chart would have days of the month along the bottom, and the side would start at 00:00 at the bottom and end at 24:00 at the top. I need to be able to enter an employees start time and end time and have it charted along the bar. So if the employee started at 07:00 and ended work at 18:00, the chart would show a colored bar that corresponds to the start time and the end time. Also, if an employee came back to work the chart would refl...

Custom Toolbar in Chart
How do you create a custom toolbar with a ComboBox that will be avaliable when a chart is active? I'd like to have a TOOLBAR where a ComboBox (or ListBox) is used to select a variable. This would then change the source data for the chart. I've got the code to change the chart, I just can't get a ComboBox in a Toolbar to work properly when a chart is active. Tx, Randall I'm not sure what you mean by "I just can't get a ComboBox in a Toolbar to work properly when a chart is active." If you mean it should be active only when a chart is... One 'tric...

... I want to change a chart type ...
I have a "Line - Column" chart in my spreadsheet. My Bars represent the month which is in a Linked Cell. The Value of the Bars is a Dollar amount from a Linked Cell. The Line represents a Target Dollar Value. I would like to add a second line that would represent a count from a linked range of cells. Can I edit my existing chart, or do I have to create a new one? Could you give me a few pointers? Darrell Select and drag the new column onto the chart. In the resulting dialog box, ensure you specify 'new series'. Once XL finishes adding the series, if it is not the...

Chart
Does anyone know if there are some "Add-Ins" for Excel that allow to use gauges that look like "Speedometers" (circular gauges)? Please refer to http://www.infommersion.com/demos/portlets/demoshell.html#demos for the kind of graph I'd like to include in a spreadsheet. Thanks, Tom Tom, see if this will work for you http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/Speedometer.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Exc...

Problem with charting Net income vs Year
Im having some problems with my Excel chart. It will not plot Net Income vs Year. It keeps trying to treat Year as a different data series. It will work if I use text i.e. a1990, a1991, etc. but it refuses to use 1990, 1991... Any Ideas??? Use an "XY (Scatter)" chart, instead of a "Line" chart. Jerry Hunter wrote: > Im having some problems with my Excel chart. It will not plot Net Income vs Year. It keeps trying to treat Year as a different data series. It will work if I use text i.e. a1990, a1991, etc. but it refuses to use 1990, 1991... Any Ideas??? Delete the co...

Page break preview & blue line
I using Excel 2003 In page break preview I have always do some thing wrong I'm just pull the blue line by using mouse all page was destroyed It there any tips to return the blue line to the Default pages size setting As far as I know the 'default' print area is all the data, and once you have changed the print area and saved the file you can not get it to go back to the previous setting. If you have problems with this or any other proceedure do try to remember to save your file before you do the awkward bit and then you can go back to the saved copy it it does not work. ...

copy-paste from excel to powerpoint
Office 97 When I copy a number of cells from Excel to powerpoint, I can't get rid of the grid lines. There are no borders. When I'm in Excel, I see the faint grid lines as you normally would. Unfortunately, these lines also display in powerpoint. How do I stop that behaviour. Thanks so much for any help. Diana Select all the cells you are copying. Then: Format > Cells... > Patterns Then select white color ( bottom right) When the backgound color is set the gridlines vanish unless borders are turned on -- Gary''s Student "Cowtoon" wrote: > Off...

What is 'Align Text to Base Line Guide'?
Trying to make sure all lines have the same amount of space between them I selected paragraph from the format menu and under the line adjustments there is a box 'align text to base line guides' Ok I did that, now there are lines at the margines of my newsletter. What are these? Also selecting this pushed my text down from the top edge of the text box. What is this? The baseline guide measurements are in the Arrange, Layout Guides, Baseline tab. There is help in the Help menu. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Go_Girl3647" <GoGirl3647@discussions.microsoft.com...

Macro's with Ctrl or Ctrl-Shift?
When you record a new macro it asks you what Ctrl key you want to access it with. If you Edit the Properties of a Macro it asks you what Ctrl-Shift key you want to use to access a macro. How can you have more control over this to assign the proper key to a macro? Thanks. Al, I don't know what you mean by "edit the properties of a macro." You can assign a Ctrl or Ctrl-Shift combination (excluding number keys) to macros either when about to record a macro, or later with Tools - Macro - Macros - Options. If by "have more control," you mean keys other than C...

Outlook won't send CC's
I responded to an email with a group of cc's (reply all) and the mail wouldn't leave the outbox until I moved all of the cc people to the top reply line. What is blocking send out cc's? Thank you. I can't imagine. Did Outlook return an error with a send/receive initially? "its_my_dime" <its_my_dime@yahoo.com.spam (hold the .spam)> wrote in message news:OqtFqtT1GHA.4108@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I responded to an email with a group of cc's (reply all) and the mail >wouldn't leave the outbox until I moved all of the cc people to the top ...

RPC over HTTP/S on Exchange 2003
I have been configuring my single server with exchange to use RPC over https I have followed the instructions in MS guide and another simplified guide at http://www.petri.co.il/configure_rpc_over_https_on_a_single_server.htm Server spec is: Server 2003 standard SP1, Exchange 2003 SP1, XP client SP2 with outlook 2003 sp2 The bottom line is that when testing from the WAN, the outlook client will not connect and say that the exchange server is unavailable. I have a lot of experience configuring rpc over http/s with sbs2003 but this is the first time for server 2003 standard. I have outlook ...

Lower Price Officina Del Tempo Casablanca Marine Men's Watch OT1005B-SP
Lower Price Officina Del Tempo Casablanca Marine Men's Watch OT1005B- SP Officina Del Tempo Casablanca Marine Men's Watch OT1005B-SP Link : http://www.aaa-replica-watch.com/officina_del_tempo_casablanca_OT1005B_SP.html Buy the cheapest Officina Del Tempo Casablanca Marine Men's Watch OT1005B-SP in toppest Fake . www.aaa-replica-watch.com helps you to save money! officina-del-tempo-casablanca-OT1005B-SP , Officina Del Tempo Casablanca Marine Men's Watch OT1005B-SP , Replica , Cheap , Fakes , imitation , Officina Del Tempo Watches Officina Del Tempo Casablanca Marine Men's...

need some XL URL's please
I would appreciate some good site links for XL how to's and working examples aimed at Novice - Intermediate. Many thanks, Steve Hi Steven: See: Dave McRitchie: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Go to the heading: Excel Lessons & Tutorials (#tutorials) It's just after halfway down. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au It is imperative that the patches provided by Microsoft in its April Security Release be applied to Systems as soon as possible. It is believed that the likelihood of a worm being released SOON that ...

Sequentially number lines automatically

Remote access to another company's Outlook calendar?
Hello! I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version not known yet). How can the remote company share this person's calendar with my client? He would need to access it and add appointments to it. Thank you for the help! Gregg Hill On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:15:24 -0700, "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote: >Hello! > >I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an >employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version no...

IE 6/ActiveX assert in CTLNOWND.CPP line 305
Hello, I have a problem with an ActiveX inside a web page. A random ASSERT in CTLNOWND.CPP line 305 occours during a GetDC first call. It's seems wnd handle is still NULL (it begin valid immediatly after). If I retard calling putting a button in html page it work. CDC* COleControl::GetDC(LPCRECT lprcRect, DWORD dwFlags) { ASSERT((m_hWnd != NULL) || (m_bInPlaceSiteWndless && m_bInPlaceActive)); ..... This problem occours random (more times on faster machines and in release mode) and just on "init" time on my control. Probably my control does this operation in ...