Finding X- & Y-intercepts of lines crossing curves

I created some charts with multiple data series by specifying certain points on the curves. THe series are displayed as lines. Now I want to draw (or specify the Y coordinates of) a horizontal line on the chart, & have Excel tell me the X intercepts where the horizontal line crosses each curve.

Ditto for drawing a vertical line & reading Y intercepts

Any ideas

Thanks!!
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Dale,

Maybe you adapt my example of intersections.

http://www.andypope.info/charts/intersection.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Question regarding a line chart y axis value.
Is it possible to have, on a simple line chart, the y axis value on both left and right at the same time? Thanks ahead Hi, Yes, maybe the easiest way is to select the series and choose Copy. Select the chart and choose Paste. You have two lines of the same series, but one is hidden behind the other. Select either line and choose Format, Selected Data Series, Axis, Secondary Axis. Select the legend and then the legend entry for one of the two lines and press del. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Bobby" wrote: > Is it possible t...

create a macro that finds certain words in doc then pste
i am looking to create a macro that finds certain words in a word doc then cuts and pastes them into an ecxell spreadsheet. What have you come up with so far? ted wrote: >i am looking to create a macro that finds certain words in a word doc then >cuts and pastes them into an ecxell spreadsheet. -- Gerry Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-programming/201003/1 ...

How do I get the X axis (category) name to show?
I've created a 3d bar graph. Originally the Z and X axis title appeared, but the X axis also had three of the 10 categories. I have a legend to identify each of the 10 items, so all I want is the title of the categories. When I roll my cursor over the area it pops up "category axis title" but I can't right click or firmat the area. Any clues? Select the X-Axis, if you hover for a while tooltip "Category axis" may appear. Double click or rt-click the Axis to display its "Format Axis" dialog Scale tab: change 'no. of categories between tick mark...

Outlook 2003 / Exchange Find issue with Shared Calendar
Hello, Here is the set-up and the issue: There is an Exchange 2003 server (with RPCoHTTP). There are 3 users accessing the Exchange server with Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP2. One user has a calendar, which is shared, and owned by the two other users (The users do _not_ want to use a public folder calendar, since some PDA software they use cannot sync with a public folder, don't ask). Since the calendar is owned by everyone, everyone can make changes. Issue: If the user whose calendar is shared tries searching his calendar for, say, all entries with 'xyz' in name, he sees all of...

Newbie...need more space between entries on X axis
I know this should be simple...just can't find it. I have a basic bar chart with four values for each of our ten clients. The client names are on the X axis running horizontally and their sales, etc. are on the Y axis. I simply want to put more space between each client so that the values of client #1 don't run up against the values of client #2. Does this make sense? I'm using Excel 2003. Thank you! Click on one of the bars, to select it Choose Format > Selected Data Series On the Options tab, increase the Gap Width setting Click OK SRS wrote: > I know this should...

backspace at end of line
Only at the end of the line, backspace does not work. It does nothing. This happens in Word 2007, both at home and in the office. Word 2003 was OK. Any setting I missed, or is this a bug? Any help will be appreciated, Danny What do you mean by "end of the line"? Word doesn't really have lines -- just places where words wrap -- unless you've typed a Shift-Enter. Where do you put your cursor when you try to backspace, and what do you want backspacing to accomplish? It should simply delete the character to the left of the cursor. On Dec 11, 11:44=A0am, Danny &...

The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 2. -- using LoadXML
I've discovered I need to use LoadXML instead of Load for an xml string versus an xml file. HOWEVER, I get the above message when .net goes to load the string. The string comes from an xmlDoc.OuterXML save resulting in: <?xml version="1.0"?> <WorkFlow> etc., etc. So, when I save this xmlDoc.outerxml to a database field, do I need to remove that first? If so, wouldn't it not work when I then load the string as xml again? Also, I can't figure out how to delete that particular node... Any clues appreciated...as always. Thanks, Kathy It works for me: s...

How do I put Adobe PDF file in body of email without it being in the attachment line?
I send out a newsletter in pdf but many can't get it. I recently received a pdf in the body of an Outlook message. Will this work better or is it the same as an attachment? DOn Version of Outlook? Program the non-recipients are using to receive and send email? Attachments in the body of the message (RTF - not good for non-Outlook/Eudora clients) is the same as the item in the attachment line (HTML and Plain Text.) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without...

Best fit lines
how do i create a best fit line graph for results in a table? thanks in advance david See Help for info on the TREND and FORECAST functions if the fit is linear, or GROWTH if exponential. If more complex fit, please tell us more best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "David White" <DavidWhite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8D6B850-F188-4571-A3F6-CC6EC3ECB428@microsoft.com... > how do i create a best fit line graph for results in a table? > > thanks in advance > david David - Here are three a...

End of line
When I forward text mail it inserts the >> (end of line character) before each sentence. Is there a way to prevent this? I use XP Home and IE 6 and send my mail HTML. Try asking in an Outlook Express newsgroup. This newsgroup addresses issues regarding MS Office Outlook � not the same. "Bob H" <w3huw@comcast.net> wrote in message news:y7WdnTCndqzpFJffRVn-qA@comcast.com... > When I forward text mail it inserts the >> (end of line character) before > each sentence. Is there a way to prevent this? I use XP Home and IE 6 and > send my mail HTML. > ...

Categorizing "Income" and "Expense" from Line of Credit
I'm new to MS Money Plus and have hit a stumbling block recently: I have four linked accounts at my credit union: checking, savings, Mastercard, and line of credit. I often transfer from my line of credit to my checking account for some extra money, and then often pay off the balance at some future date. I'm uncertain as to how to classify these transactions. Is transferring from a line of credit considered an expense to my line of credit account and income to my checking account? When I pay the "loan" (with interest), is this an expense to my checking account and ...

Cross tabulations
How in the world do I get excel to do cross tabulations? Could you explain what you are trying to do? Excel, unlike Access, does not have crosstab queries, etc., although you can reference data in other worksheets/workbooks/databases. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "lostinworksheet FL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b4e01c3d46f$1e1cad00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How in the world do I get excel to do cross tabulations? ...

Finding a DL's home server
I'm trying to write a VBS that will add mailboxes to Distribution Lists, based on the CSV file from a Directory Export. I'm having troubles because in order to ADD a mailbox, you need to use the DL's home server in the LDAP ADsPath. This is not required if you only want to READ a property of the DL. For example, Let's say that the DL, 'DL-Office', is on Server1 which is in another Site. Say Server2 is local to me. If I just want to know how many members there are in 'DL- Office' I can do the following: strDL="LDAP://Server2/cn=DL-Office,cn=DLs,ou=Ci...

change cursor from dot to line?
I am using Office 2003. My cursor/insertion point has suddenly changed from a line I to a dot. I can change it back by altering zoom to 500% and back again, but this does not save the changes and I have to perform this operation every time I open word. any ideas? What you can do is create an auto macro that changes the zoom automatically each time you start Word: Sub AutoNew() With ActiveWindow.View.Zoom .Percentage = 500 .Percentage = 100 End With End Sub Sub AutoOpen() With ActiveWindow.View.Zoom .Percentage = 500 .Percentage = 100 End With End Sub ...

Access 2003: Finding a parent subform control
Hi, Let's say I have a form (F1) that has a subform control (SFC), which in turn displays some other form (F2). The question is: if I have a variable referring to an instance of F2 (i.t. an instance of the subform), how exactly can I obtain a reference to the instance of the subform control that "hosts" the given instance of F2? I thought it would be easy, like using Parent property for the subform. But the Parent property contains a reference to the parent form, not to the parent subform control. Does anybody know how to do what I want? Thank you, Yarik. "Yarik" &l...

Where to find AdventureWorks database samples
Does anybody know where I can find the sample Adventureworks database? I need the most recent one for sql server 2008 sp1. Try this link http://www.codeplex.com/MSFTDBProdSamples Dave Ballantyne http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/sqlandthelike/ Andy B. wrote: > Does anybody know where I can find the sample Adventureworks database? I > need the most recent one for sql server 2008 sp1. > > Just what I needed. "Dave Ballantyne" <symlink@no5p323mmer> wrote in message news:%23EzXe6bxKHA.3560@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Try this link > &g...

Task Time Line
Hi there, I have been using excel for year to make simple spreadsheets but now I have been tasked with creating a sort of task time line bu have no idea how! I want the dates down the side (How would you exclude weekends??) Then I want a button where the user can "add a task" the user wil enter a task name, start date and effort, ie length of time required t complete. Excel will then automatically "block" fill the releivent time period. But to make things even more complicated, if the user adds a task tha has a start date the starts in the middle of another task (Say the ...

cross post of excel files .xls~rf54f6e762.tmp
Help! After saving and closing a document, tmp files remain in the folder where the file is saved. They take the form example %Docname%.xls~rf54f6e762.tmp You can delete these files without causing problems, and you can open the document with which they are associated without any problems. Files are being saved to a network drive. Happens with Excel 2000 and Excel XP. Thank you ...

Outlook capitalizes every line
RE: Outlook 2002 Outlook capitalizes every line. I have unchecked the boxes where OUtlook will capitalize the first character of the line. Still Outlook capitalizes every line. I am using Word as the Editor and have checked there also. Ideas??? Where did you check in Word? Create a new message and select Tools | AutoCorrect Options. Is that box unchecked to capitalize the first letter of every sentence? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Guy R Carrier...

Find and Replace against set of rules in 2nd table/worksheet
Looking for a tool, or code that does the following. Edit [partial cell data] in Sheet1, if [partial cell data] meets criteria in Sheet2, COL1. Sheet2, COL2 has the REPLACE WITH information. Presently there are 59 criteria on Sheet 2, and I have to perform this against 19 sites. So doing this manual via Find and Replace takes forever. VBA code, or something similar would be great. (Wanted to write an Update Query Access, but Access sent me here.) Thanks in Advance TBL1 COL1 Mari Johnson Jim Evans Charles Stanley Jerry Straight TBL2 COL1 COL2 Mari Mary Straight Strait See,...

Best way to find the last value in a variable-length table?
I have a table containing a series of readings, something like this: A B # Volume 15 1 1,000 ml 16 2 915 ml 17 3 830 ml 18 4 745 ml 19 5 660 ml ... I need a way to find the last row of the table, which could have anywhere from 2 to 20 rows. hi, ! if column A has only numbers - a formula outside column A =match(9e307,a:a) - a formula outisde "the range" =match(9e307,a1:a20) hth, hector. __ OP __ > I have a table containing a series of readings, something like this: > A B > # Volume > 15 1 1,000 ml &...

Is is possible to change the body line size?
I often send "work related traces". When sending such traces i would like to change the line size, cause the traces lines are much more long then possible in the message. Is it possible to change it at all? I believe I reviewed all possible configuration options, but didn't find something. Regards, Eran Kaufman ...

How do I establish a font, line-spacing for endnotes?
I'd like to establish default font and line-spacing in footnotes and endnotes but can't find how to do it. I appreciate some help. Modify the Footnote Text and Endnote Text styles as desired. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Marifeli" <Marifeli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49F14CF1-CBB2-4A6A-9DE5-2A5194E73079@microsoft.com... > I'd like to establish default font and line-spacing in footnotes and > endnotes > but can't find how to do it. I appreciate some help. Hi, You need to modify the "Foot...

How to show debug messages from MFC application on command line?
Hi all, I would like to show some text messages from my MFC application on commandline (or better in the Output window in Visual Studio 2005). I tried to call cout << "some text" << endl; but it doesn't seem to work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help. >I would like to show some text messages from my MFC application on >commandline (or better in the Output window in Visual Studio 2005). Bob, For the latter, use OutputDebugString. Dave >>I would like to show some text messages from my MFC application on >>commandline (or better in t...

Copying Addresses from the To: line
When I type addresses into the TO: line, some appear like this: john doe <john...@johndoe.com> and some appear like this: jan doe (jane...@janedoe.com) In my contacts list, the information is identically formatted for each person. "File as" doe, john and "Display as" is (john...@johndoe.com) I posted this message in May and didn't receive any answers, so I'm trying again. I use Outlook 2003 When I address a message to someone in my contacts list, sometimes the address appears in the TO: line within these brackets: < > and sometimes within these b...