Finding second data point on primary axis of two axis chart

Hi

I am new to Excel 2007 (moved from Excel 2003).  I have a chart with one
column on the primary axis and a line on the secondarry axis.  I added a
second series of data on the primary axis and can't find it.  This usued to
happend with my previous edition of Excel and was quickly remedied by putting
the cursor on the horizontal line until I found it.  Is there another way to
find that second series of data?

Thanks in advance.

Al Charbonneau

Al Charbonneau  _

Select a data series.

Use the up-down arrow keys to cycle through the major chart objects until
the appropriate data series is selected.

Or, use the left-right arrow keys to cycle through the major and minor chart
objects, including individual points of a data series.

-  Mike
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

"Al Charbonneau" <AlCharbonneau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am new to Excel 2007 (moved from Excel 2003).  I have a chart with one
> column on the primary axis and a line on the secondarry axis.  I added a
> second series of data on the primary axis and can't find it.  This usued
> happend with my previous edition of Excel and was quickly remedied by
> putting
> the cursor on the horizontal line until I found it.  Is there another way
> find that second series of data?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Al Charbonneau

0
Mike

How do I get a trendline for all data series, instead of just one.
I need to retrieve R squared values, and trendline information for all data series within a block of data. Excel is only letting me get trendline information on one data series, which is almost useless for me. Dave Darling - >I need to retrieve R squared values, and trendline information for all data >series within a block of data. Excel is only letting me get trendline >information on one data series, which is almost useless for me.< You can add a trendline and get R squared for each data series. If you need a trendline for the combination of several data series, you c...

clustered stack column charts #2
I am trying to create a chart with three stacks in two columns. I tried using the method described by Bernard Liengmen's but it doesn't allow me to add a secondary axis for the last (sixth) data series. I don't get it??? How does one series in a stacked cluster use the secondary axis? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Lou T wrote: > I am trying to create a chart with three stacks in two columns. I tried > using the method described by Bernard Liengmen's but it ...

Mail Merge Excel Data with Publisher for 4 up postcards
Hi, I have been browsing and searching for help on this issue to no avail. What I am trying to do is mail merge a 2 sided 4 up postcard with my Excel 2003 data. On the front of Publisher 2003I have the Address Block which is no problem, however when I try to import the matching customer data to the back of the postcard it does not match up at all with the front. I have also 2 publisher files setup, 1 for the front of the postcard and 1 for the back. I know the Excel data has to be in this format for the mail merge to work correctly using this formula posted by Doug Robbins: =IF(MOD(A2,2)=1,A2...

How can I drop the year from mm/dd/yyyy data?
I have a large data set consisting of values from multiple years that I would like to analyze by time of year. ie: I want to look at the month/day for each value while ignoring the year. Specifically I want to end up with a graph showing time of year (in months) across the x-axis and showing all my data points as if they were from this one hypothetical year. Seems like it should be simple but I can't seem to crack it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Hi, Try Format > Cells > Custom: dd/mm -Mark >-----Original Message----- >I have a large data set consisting of valu...

Adding Lines And Boxes, etc. To A Chart ?
Hello, Will blame it on my age. Using Excel 2007 (or, at least trying to) and XP. When I have a chart page opened up, how do I get it to show the bar on the bottom (that the real old versions had) that allows one to click on one of its icons shown to "draw" lines, arrowed lines, boxes, add text with a box, etc on the chart itself ? Thanks, Bob Hi, With the chart selected you can use the Insert tab > Illustrations > Shapes. To add shapes to the chart. Textbox is in the Text group of the Insert tab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypo...

Non-VBA formula to find 2nd Sunday of a given month
Can anyone help me write a formula to find the date of the second sunda in a given month? Thanks in Advance, Dav ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com David, Assuming you have a date in A1, this gives the 2nd Sunday of that date =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1)+MOD(8-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1)),7)+7 -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "DavidObeid&q...

Exception floating-point underflow
I am trying to use Money99 on my new system with Windows XP Home, Service pack 1. It loaded okay, but when I try to open Money, I get an error message "The exception Floating-point underflow occured..." apparently while trying to run the Tour. Am I naive in thinking that I can run Money 99 on an XP system? Is there some way of making it work? Searched through previous posts, but didn't find any information. Thanks. ...

Linking Time-varying charts
Hi all, Here's my problem. I've got a set of Excel files with monthly data which is updated every month. So in January I only have Jan data. In February I have Jan and Feb data, and so on. The chart I have for this data always displays a full 18 months data from October 2003 to March 2005, and as more data is added, the line on the chart snakes its way from left to right. These files are submitted to me from various sources. As a central data collector, I now want to link these Excel files into a single Excel file which will display all the charts in one place for convenience. Ho...

Count data or list
I am trying to count a data group and return the quanity of unique entries: It might look like this: The data would be in cols & rows 2 green widgets 25.5 inches long 3 green widgets 28.3 inches long 1 brown widgets 52.1 inches long 2 green widgets 25.5 inches long 1 brown widgets 52.1 inches long the result would be: 4 green widgets 25.5 inches long 3 green widgets 28.3 inches long 2 brown widgets 52.1 inches long Any simple straight forward way to do this??? Thanks, Spydor -- spydor ----------------------------------------------------...

Import Excel Data from another workbook or file
Is there a way to import or export Excel Data between 2 different workbooks? E.G. Import from "File A" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row2 to "File B" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row 2. What I'd like to do ultimately is import data from 5 excel files into one. tamato43 wrote: || Is there a way to import or export Excel Data between 2 different || workbooks? || || E.G. Import from "File A" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row2 to "File B" || 'Sheet1' Column A, Row 2. || || What I'd like to do ultimately is import data from 5 excel files || in...

Loyalty / Reward Points
Looking for a simple module/ add-on that would allow my business to allow our customer to collect reward points. I have looked at several but most don't meet our needs. 1) Points can be assigned to individual items or by department. 2) Any transaction item DISCOUNTED or ON SALE would not be awarded points. 3) HTML Status screen would display reward points, as well as, bottom of receipt. Like the concept of having reward points in a separate table but not essential - so that I don't run into problems when upgrading version of RMS. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Dan mrfixi...

Incident and Account.Owner / Primary Contact
I've been looking at the deployment manager and It appears what I want is possible but I want to make sure it will not "break" something. In our incident form we have a field called "Case Contact". I would like for this field to be populated with the Account's Primary Contact name that is associated to the account. How can I make this association, is there any documentation about mapping fields from account to incident? I think I'm in worse shape because I need to populate this field with a contact that is associated to an account which does not seem to have...

Add new record using first available non-numeric ID; update two ta
Access 2003, Windows XP Pro SP2 I have two tables, tblDed and tblVendor. tblDed contains two columns (DedID and Avail). The first column contains a list of all DedIDs allowed to be used. The second is a Yes/No choice indicating whether or not that DedID has been used already. tblVendor contains multiple columns with misc. data relevant to the Vendor. I want to create a form that will accomplish three things: 1. Use the next available unused DedID when a command button on a referring menu page (frmMenu, btnNew) is pressed. 2. Mark the now-used DedID in tblDed as "No" - no ...

Parent / child settings on a second subform?
All, I tried to solve this in December, but without success... I'm not a newbie, but I'm not very good in db desgining as well, it's more like trail and error :)... Ok, so I'm creating a db where the history of submitted documents (which are part of a project) can be traced. A document can be submitted more than once. So in short, this is how it is: 1st level - General project information (displayed on tabpage1); 2nd level - Project related documents (displayed on tabpage2). 3rd level - Muliple revisions of the project related document (displayed on tabpage3). ...

Set Expire property of data cache
Dear Friends How to set Expire property of cache in Data Caching. I have taken one Cache["myData"] I only have to give its expire property, not any other property. I just want Cache should expire after 15 minute. Please help me. How to do it. Thanks in Advance "Deep" <vinodkus@gmail.com> wrote in message news:479a2486-2743-4dbf-bbe4-0f192a3222ba@j16g2000prn.googlegroups.com... > How to set Expire property of cache in Data Caching. > > I have taken one Cache["myData"] > > I only have to give its expire property, ...

Stagnant cell for counting filtered data
I want to keep one cell that houses the count of the data depending on how it is filtered and that cell remain visible despite how it is filtered. I can't get the formula =COUNT(C9,C1:C100) to work or get it to stay visible if I change the filter. Place the formula in row 1 that contains your titles...........assuming you have these. =SUBTOTAL(2,C2:C100) the 2, means count If you don't have titles in row 1, place the formula after a blank row below your data. Note: you use COUNT in your original. COUNT only counts numerics. Maybe you want COUNTA which would be =SUBTOT...

90% line across line chart
I have a changing set of data that is 3 columns and 104 row. These are represented on a Line Chart. I have a formula to calculate the 90th percentile for each of these. How do I automatically put a horizontal line on the chart for each of the three measurement at the corresponding 90th percentile. Thanks, Brad On Fri, 20 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Brad K. <BradK@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I have a changing set of data that is 3 columns and 104 row. These are >represented on a Line Chart. I have a formula to calculate the 90th >percentile for e...

Charting Utility Usage
I've collected utility usage (kilowatt, tons, etc) on a monthly basis for the past couple of years. Normally, I've only had to chart usage for a 12-month period. Now I need to compare data on a monthly basis covering the past 3- years (i.e. Jan data for 2004, 2005, 2006) and put it in a chart. I'd like for it to look like this... U # # S # # A # # G E 2004-2005-2006 2004-2005-2006 2004-2005- 2...

Multiple buttons to control data source on a report.
Hi, I have a single report I would like to use. The table is structured with several columns. Is there a way to have multiple buttons on a form, and configure each button to open the report using a different data source (different column). So button 1 would be a report using column 1, and button 2 is for a report for column 2, and so on. Thanks. On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 14:06:46 -0700, ghmag <esung911@aol.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a single report I would like to use. The table is structured >with several columns. Is there a way to have multiple buttons on a >form, and co...

Problems with Money 2005 file in two different computers
I upgraded to Money 2005 from 2004 (have been doing this since Money 97 without a problem), installed Money 2005 on my notebook, updated it to be compatible with the one on my desktop... BUT now when I try to open my money file on the notebook I get this message: "The place you are trying to reach only functions in the Business version of Money, and can't be used in the version you are using now. If you want to use this place you will have to upgrade to Microsoft Money Small Business." What place???? I don't want to go any place!!! All I want to do is use my money file (it ...

Can formulas in cells be made to remain if the data is deleted?
Can you explain in a bit more detail what your question/problem is? -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "wendyp" <wendyp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7A92B0A-E752-4D58-90FF-3DE5F292D35C@microsoft.com... > Hi Wendy, See Insert a Row using a Macro to maintain formulas http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm To simply remove constants from a selection within a macro Selection. SpecialCells(xlConstants).ClearContents To remove constants manually from a selection Edit, GoTo (Ctrl+G), Constans [you can pick what kind ...

finding the second largest number in a list

countif but have two criteria
I have a cell range that has 3 different types of cells in it. It's about training, some have date or period when training was completed, some have "due" plus date or period, and some are blank, yet to be filled. I need to add the blank cells to the due ones, tried countif but only one criteria allowed, tried sumproduct (--(A1:A500="*due*"),--(A1:A500="")) didn't work (value error in part two). How do I add the blanks and the dues together. Any help appreciated. =countif(a1:a500,"*due*") + countif(a1:a500,"") or =sum(Countif(a1:a...

compare data in two lists to find matching entries #4
I have a spreadsheet with two colums. Each colum contains an identification reference e.g. Colum A Colum B abc123456 nmg4568987 ahsj45236 abc123456 ikl7856489 jkh7854566589 I want excel to check if the items in colums b are also in colum a and insert either "Match found" or "No match found" in colum c. For example abc123456 nmg4568987 No match found ahsj45236 abc123456 Match found ikl7856489 jkh7854566589 No match found Please help. I've tried everything I could think of. Nothing seems to work. =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$3,B1)>0,"M...

Help in Query with two condition
hello all, I have a table like this: Planner Qty User6 CUT SUB BAM-06 1 CONC Yes No BAM-06 1 CONC No Yes BAM-06 1 TOC Yes No BAM-06 1 TOC No Yes BAM-06 1 TACT Yes No BAM-06 1 TACT No Yes JAXM-06 1 CONC Yes No JAXM-06 1 CONC No Yes JAXM-06 1 TOC Yes No JAXM-06 1 TOC No Yes JAXM-06 1 TACT Yes No JAXM-06 1 TACT No Yes Note: CUT and SUB are check box I want a result as follow: User6 A B C D E F CONC 2 2 1 1 1 1 TACT 2 2 1 1 1 1 TOC 2 2 1 1 1 1 WHERE: A SUM Qty =BAM-06 B SUM Qty =JAXM-06 C SUM Qty =BAM-06 if Cut=YES D SUM Qty =JAXM-06 if Cut=YES E SUM Qty =BAM-06 if SUB=YES F SUM Qty =JAXM-06 i...