export filter - programmatic access to

For Excel 2003....

In the help entry for export method, reproduced below, there is mention of
the filter specific options of the export filter, an MS Excel add-in.

Dose anyone know how to access this filter and its options programmatically?
Specifically i want to choose a resolution level for the exported pic.  I am
assuming that such an option exists since there is a facility in a dialogue
box in other MS apps such as Word and Publisher which allows the user to
nominate the resolution of the object that is converted to a jpg or tif etc.
In Publisher, for example, you access this dialogue by => selecting the
object => right click => save as picture => change => and choose a radio
button to select one of four options (1- web 96dpi, 2- desktop printing
150dpi,
3- commercial prining 300dpi, and 4- original image resolution as specified).

I would like to change this parameter or property of the MS Office add-in
called export filter using VBA code.  I am assuming this "export filter" is
the most likely candidate for exploration since there appears to be no such
property of the export graphic method in excel.

The entry from the F1 help listing on this method is reproduced as follows:

Export Method

Exports the chart in a graphic format. Returns Boolean.

expression.Export(Filename, FilterName, Interactive)
expression    Required. An expression that returns one of the objects in the
Applies To list.

Filename    Required String. The name of the exported file.

FilterName    Optional Variant. The language-independent name of the graphic
filter as it appears in the registry.

Interactive    Optional Variant. Optional Variant. True to display the
dialog box that contains the filter-specific options. If this argument is
False, Microsoft Excel uses the default values for the filter. The default
value is False.

Example
This example exports chart one as a GIF file.

Worksheets("Sheet1").ChartObjects(1) _
..Chart.Export _
    FileName:="current_sales.gif", FilterName:="GIF"

I am hoping someone will be able to help me with my problem of not knowing
how to alter resolution of the charts that i want to export as image files.
I have many to export and to regularly update and export and so i want a
programmatic non user intervention solution.

Many thanks in advance.
--
Peter
PS I posted this a few days ago in the programming section of this forum but

Export Registry Entries for Local Policies
If I need to EXPORT the Registry Entries for "Local Policies" found in "Local Security Settings," WHERE are they? Need to export ALL the "Local Policies" entries. MageMaster wrote: > If I need to EXPORT the Registry Entries for "Local Policies" found in > "Local Security Settings," WHERE are they? > > Need to export ALL the "Local Policies" entries. You will have to export the security settings via the Local Security Policy snap-in, or you can use the Secedit tool but you might need to apply a hotfix for ...

Re: Exporting meeting responses
See http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imiap.htm or http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/EM102566161033.aspx Attendees Print is small utility specially designed for Microsoft Outlook users to print the names of the people who have been invited to a meeting and response status - Accepted, Declined, Tentative, None. Obtain information for Meting Request items from any Outlook Appointment folder. You can print directly the names of the people who have been invited to a meeting and response status - Accepted, Declined, Tentative, or None. You can save/export report as RTF,...

Dynamically load images from Access dbase in Publisher2003
I'm trying to create a catalogue with publisher2003 which is dynamically filled with data from an access dbase. The textfields (eg. productname, prize etc.) are no problem. But when I try to (dynamically) add images (which are stored as packages in the access dbase) it won't show the images in the catalogue. I've added the dbase field as an imagefield in the template but still no result (blank field in the catalogue). When I add the dbase field as a text field, it shows part of the code of the image. Anybody tried this and got it working ? John you are really joking. MS Access...

Sharepoint List relationships listed as "Indeterminate" when imported to Access?
Hi - MOSS 3.0, Access 2007. When I import related lists from Shareoint into Access, the relationships that come through are listed as "indeterminate," and it is not possible to enforce referential integrity. Can anyone explain this? Thanks - t "Microsoft" <tschaeffer@fews.net> wrote > When I import related lists from Shareoint > into Access, the relationships that come > through are listed as "indeterminate," and it > is not possible to enforce referential integrity. > Can anyone explain this? SharePoint does not support refe...

Exchange Filter
Can anyone recommend a good spam/virus filter? I used Symantec 3.0 with my Exchange 2000, but now I am on 2003 and 3.0 will not work with 2003. Symantec has a newer version with Brightmail as an option. Any input is appreciated? I know that spam filter is part of 2003. Does it to a good job? If a message comes for a legit person in your directory, won't it still be recieved by them? Intelligent Message Filter (v2 is included in Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2) is a fairly decent anti-spam tool that does a decent job (mostly out-of-the-box) for most smaller organizations. Brigh...

Access Upgrade
Looking for a solution to move FROM an Access DB to something bigger and which can be multi-user. Currently uses a local Access DB (not networked) that is copied to the network so the next user can Access. Has anyone upgraded from Access to something more multi-user friendly? If you are talking about a wired ethernet local-area-network, with just a few dozen users, Access is perfectly capable. Just split the database so each user has a local copy of the front end, with tables linked to the shared back end. More info in: Split your MDB file into data and application at: http://all...

Exporting bookmarked data from Word into Excel
How do you export data entered into bookmarked form fields in Word into Excel? Thanks much. ...

access/excel multiple instances
I have an access table containing a column of excel objects. In the simpliest case of this problem, if I doubled click one entry for excel, an instance of Excel opens with the correct worksheet open. If I double-click a second entry, a second instance of excel opens but instead of containing the second worksheet, both instances contain both worksheets rather than each instance containing a single worksheet. Further, if one of the instances is closed(by clicking the x on the caption bar) both instances and both worksheets are closed. I have tried messing with Window in toolbar and i...

SSRS 2005 accessing SQL Server 2000 databases
I have been asked to upgrade a server from SS2000 to SS2005 so that SSRS 2005 can be used to create reports using the upgraded database. I maintain that SSRS 2005 can access SS2000 databases directly, so the upgrade may be unnecessary. Are there features of SSRS 2005 which are unavailable when creating reports from a SS2000 database? Be very specific if you are able. Thanks When talking about databases and version you need to consider two things. The database that the report is based on and the location of the databases used internally by Reporting Services. RS can report...

learning access 02-17-10
Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to learn access? I know nothing at this point, but must learn it. I was at the same point last month with excel and found this site: http://www.learnmicrosoftexcel.com/free_tutorials/free_tutorials_with_video.htm I paid $14.00 for the cd and learned excel in less than a month. Mike Smart created this cd for someone who knew nothing about excel and it was great! I need something like that. I bought Access 2007 video from Alison Balter and soon realized that video series was for someone that was already familiar with access. I ...

Access 2007: Cannot edit and save access 2000 reports with wherecondition
Just upgraded from office XP to 2007. When trying to edit a ms access 2000 database report including "whereconditions", access asks for saving changes, but the report is still open and nothing is saved. The only viable option is to exit without saving. A "standard" reports without filtering works without any problems. I.e.: "DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , "[tblNonConfLog]![DateOccurred] >= " & OrderDate" Anybody else experienced this - or has a suggestion for a solution ? Thanks in advance, arildp FYI: Solved this issue by delet...

Datasheet view alignment after filtering on subform
Hello Forum Members: I am using Access 2000 and the sub form on the main form is displayed as datasheet view. When the filtered results are opened, the datasheet view alignment is changed somewhat. Before filtering, the entire datasheet view is full-filled in sub form. And after filtering, I see space on the far right side of the sub form. Do anyone know how I can correct this problem? Here is the code for the filter, but the filtered results are correct, so I am not sure if this is related to the code. Is it something that I need to adjust on the property of the main form and sub form...

Database access within an IFRAME
Hi all, I'm quite new to Microsoft CRM, and I have the following problem: I need to implement a custom application within CRM where I can display the accounts in a hierarchical structure as a tree view, for example. I found out that you can do such things by writing your own web application and integrating this application within an iframe into CRM. For this scenario, I need to access all account objects stored in the account entity, of course. How can I get access to the objects stored in the database from an aspx application? Does somebody have an example where this is done? Tha...

open Switchboard from after validating user access level
In my tblEmpID, I have created field EmpID,EmpPassword,EmpRole. Once login form verifies the user by checking EmpId and password, I want to check that if EmpRole = AdminLevel then open “Switchboard” or else open “frmTrackingV2” I was trying to write a code for this condition but not having success so far. Here is my code for Login form which works fine(thanks to Access forum) Private Sub cmdLogin_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdLogin_Click Dim rs As DAO.Recordset ‘Dim rs1 As DAO.Recordset Dim strUser As String Dim strPassword As String txtUserNm.SetFocus strUser = txtUserNm txt...

Online banking access
I downloaded Mocrosoft money home and business and trying to set up the banking and credit card information for online access. Although I have active online access to the bank and credit card, it continuously tells that "Currently, the account set up is unavailable. Please try later again"(banking) and " you don't have online access to that financial institution"(Credit card). I tried many times and this problem persists. I went to online troubleshoot where I didn't find any solution for this. could anyone kindly give me the solution for this? Thanks "...

Outlook Web Access
I recently installed Exchange 2003. When I try to use Outlook Web Access (e.g. http://servername/exchange), I do not get the Outlook Web Access login screen. Instead, I get a Windows prompt for domain\userid and password. Once I enter the correct ID/password, I go to the Inbox screen as I would expect. Why am I not going to the Outlook Web Access login screen? I've enabled forms-based authentication and set cookie authentication time-out values for both Trusted and Public access. What am I missing? Do I need a certificate? If so, how do I create and store one? Thanks. Yes, you&#...

Export pst file problem
Using Outlook 2002, Windows XP 1. ERROR Message ------- I exported a pst folder then later deleted the whole thing. Now, every time I launch OL it says that folder."could not be found." Of course it couldn't have been found because I deleted it, or at least I think I did. I've run a search for it via Windos Explorer and that couldn't find it either. 2. OBNOXIOUS DIALOG BOX -------- Also, there's a dilog box that opens called "Create/Open Personal Folders File." It wants to me to open the same .pst file -- the one that doesn't exist. Is there a w...

Simple import/export of customization procedure in CRM 3.0
Hi I dont know whats the porblem but its not working, I added a few fields and tabs here and there, and also made some mapping ... published customizations and everything is OK, but when trying to import those customizations on to another server, it says import succesfull, but nothing changes. can some one give me the simple steps of exporting and then importing customizations?? -- Alaadin Abu Libdeh publish all entities then see if the changes appear ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "AbuLibdeh" <AbuLi...

Outlook to Access full Email Address
Hi Everybody I have an MS Access Database that accesses the MS Outlook Inbox. I want to be able to see the full email address that the communication has come from while within Ms Access. However, on some addresses I see "Tom Smith" instead of TomSmith@AOL.com The full address is available because I can see it in the headers Is there any way I can access the full email address within MS Access. Thanks to all Smiley Bob ...

Access linked data
Hiya, I have a database/s ( I never made them) that gets updated by an admin weekly. I need to copy this to a PC that is on a boat and for the boat staff to access it. Basically it is two db's a front and backend, the backend residing on the server, when I copy both db's to the boat pc (no network connectivity) and open db (a) it tries to go looking for db (b) on the server and halts...I need it to look at db (b) I have copied into the same folder. I can use the linked table manager to get it to look in the right place ok but I would prefer if it would automagically look in th...

Replication in Access using USB drives.
How to program a replication of two computers with USB drives if you don't know what letter will a computer assign to a USB drive. Not sure I understand what you mean by "replication of two computers with USB drives", but you should be able to modify the code in http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0003.htm at "The Access Web" to determine which drive letters are removable drives. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Bigginer" <Bigginer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

"Help" instructions
Have never used Access. Now trying to convert Excel File to Access. The conditions appearing on the display differ from what is described in the "Help" instructions. What to do? Updated instructions available? Thanks a lot. Hi Karl, One can't actually "convert" an Excel file into an Access file. The process is one of creating an Access database and importing data from the Excel worksheet(s). After that it's usually necessary to restructure the data in order to play to Access's strengths: databases and spreadsheets are very different things. First, m...

Access 2003
Hi all, This is not a question. Just for the record, I wanted to report that the Amy's solution at the bottom of this message still perfectly works for MS Access 2003 (MS Office 2003) on Windows XP Home edition. I couldn't find such a helpful solution anywhere else on the net. I'm writing this for those who may search the MS newsgroups for similar problem in future. Thanks a lot Amy Vargo. Sam ======================================================================== From: JBaker (johna.baker@belointeractive.com) Subject: Method 'CurrentDb' of object_'Application f...

how to add(insert) rows programmatically
I'm trying to add 3 blank rows at the top of a sheet i have a reference to the workbook and worksheet i've searched googe for a while and there are lots of samples but none that i can get to convert (i'm in c# using com interop but if someone shows a vb6 way i'm sure i can convert that) i don't think all the sites you find on the web have good code, so thats why i'm asking here. thanks mark figured it out... private void insertRows(Worksheet xlWorkSheet,int numRows ) { object misValue = System.Reflection.Missing.Value; for (int i =...

input scanned documents in access 2003
greetings...i need help..does any1 knows how can i automatically input a scanned a document, store & retrieve it (view it for later purposes) in just 1 click on a command button in ms access 2003? for example, i have a database records of all employee in our company & each employee has a particular training or seminar certificates. i want to scan the certificates & store it in his files in my database & sometimes view or retrieve it for employees needs. can it be possible? tnx in adance. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forum...