Excel should default to autoformat for chart text boxes

Excel in (Office 2003 and as far as I can tell all previous versions of
Excel) should default to autoformat for chart text boxes - it currently
selects "none" for outline and background options

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=07685447-8de4-4a52-b0c5-a823351c1321&dg=microsoft.public.excel.charting
0
PeterH (48)

No, I like it with "None".

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______

"PeterH" <PeterH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Excel in (Office 2003 and as far as I can tell all previous versions of
> Excel) should default to autoformat for chart text boxes - it currently
> selects "none" for outline and background options
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=07685447-8de4-4a52-b0c5-a823351c1321&dg=microsoft.public.excel.charting

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
3/9/2006 12:04:35 AM
Although on second thought, if you insert an AutoShape rectangle, it will
assume the default formatting.

- Jon
-------

"Jon Peltier" <jonxlmvpNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message
> No, I like it with "None".
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> 2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
> _______
>
> "PeterH" <PeterH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Excel in (Office 2003 and as far as I can tell all previous versions of
>> Excel) should default to autoformat for chart text boxes - it currently
>> selects "none" for outline and background options
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=07685447-8de4-4a52-b0c5-a823351c1321&dg=microsoft.public.excel.charting

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

data input in text box

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Excel 2007

Outlook default to paragraph

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

Chart template?
I am working with a chart, created from a pivot table. The chart has the various [drop down] fields available for selecting different values for the chart to show. I have formatted the chart with specific settings, fonts, colors, etc., but everytime I use one of the dropdowns, the formatting goes back to the default. I have looked for a place to save as a template, or defaults without luck. Thanks for any help you can provide! Alan ...

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

help with simple maths in excel

Default Roles and Tasks in Canadian Payroll
Installs of Dynamics GP version 10 should have default Security Tasks and Roles pre-installed. Currently all tasks and roles have to be built from scratch - causing many customers to delay migration to the version 10. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. h...

Excel Problem

Excel DNS query

Embedded Chart Versus Chart
I've created a class module to capture a Shift+Click on a pivot chart, which then opens the data associated with that point. It works great on pivot charts on their own sheet, but when I use the same code on an embedded chart, it fails (error code -2147417848). Everything seems to work fine, it derives the same row and column values as needed, but the ShowDetail property is unavailable in the embedded charts. Anyone have any insight? james Igoe || james.igoe@gmail.com || http://code.comparative-advantage.com I eventually solved my problem, simply using "On Error Resume Next&...

Calculating age in a label or text box on a form
Hello All, I have a text box for birthdate for a user to enter the birthdate and I want to the age for the user to be automatically calcuated and displayed in another label called "Age." What formula can I use? Missy ...

set default record to a table
I have a shared db with various front ends (mde). I would like to set a paricular record as my default record, so whenever someone opens up the various db forms it opens up to the same default record. Is this possible? Maybe this is a matter of terminology... In Access, data is stored in tables. Each table has it's own records (collections of related data). When you say you want a "record" to be the default one pulled up by everyone, how do you know they are all using their different forms to look at the same data (i.e., table)? Next, why? What is it about ...