Excel Masters Please Help!

I was wondering, is it possible to base the amount of fill in a cell on
a percentage? like a meter kind of thing, i.e.  if it's 50% then the
fill is only half way (from left to the middle) and if it's 80% then
it's 8/10ths of the way across, get the idea?

Is it possible??

Many thanks in advance.

Gus

It's not possible to fill a cell partially, but you can fake it. One
way:

Put a textbox from the drawing toolbar on the sheet. name it
"FillBox".

Assume B1 contains your percent calculation and is the cell you want
to fill. If you don't want numbers to show, choose
Format/Cells/Number/Custom   and enter ";;;" (without quotes) in the
textbox.

Now put this in the Worksheet code module (right-click on the
sheet's tab and choose View Code):

    Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
        Dim tBox As Shape
        Dim wide As Double

        Set tBox = ActiveSheet.Shapes("FillBox")
        With Range("B1")
            wide = .Width
            tBox.Top = .Top
            tBox.Left = .Left
            tBox.Height = .Height
            tBox.Width = Application.Max(Application.Min( _
                .Value * wide, wide), 0)
        End With
        With tBox.Fill
            .ForeColor.SchemeColor = 3
            .Visible = msoTrue
        End With
    End Sub

In article <gus_scottexley.x5anz@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 gus_scottexley <gus_scottexley.x5anz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

> I was wondering, is it possible to base the amount of fill in a cell on
> a percentage? like a meter kind of thing, i.e.  if it's 50% then the
> fill is only half way (from left to the middle) and if it's 80% then
> it's 8/10ths of the way across, get the idea?
>
> Is it possible??
>
> Many thanks in advance.

0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
11/19/2003 5:40:56 PM
Another option is to shade the cell, based on the percent:

If the percentage is the result of a formula, you could use the REPT
function to fill the cell. For example, with A2: 100 and B2: 35 --

1. To set the maximum width, in cell C1, enter the following formula:
        =REPT("|",50)
2. Adjust the column width to fit the resulting bar
3. In cell C2, enter the following formula:
          =REPT("|",B2/A2*50)
The bar will fill approx. 35% of the cell.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

How do I create a sample in Excel?

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Event ID: 8270 ,LDAP Error--Need help to fix it..
Event Type: Error (win2000 Srv+exchange2000) Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8270 Computer: Exchange_2000_Server_Name Description: LDAP returned the error [b] Administration Limit Exceeded. dn: "GUID=8F37136AFCEE0B41BDD353B78F8E6067" changetype: Modify mail:USER1@Domain_Name.Domain_Suffix proxyAddresses:MS:NET/PO/User1 : CCMAIL:User1, PO at NET : SMTP:USER1@EMAIL.Domain_Name.Domain_Suffix : X400:c=US;a= ;p=Exchange_Org_Name;o=Exchange_Site_Name;s=Last_Name;g=First_Name; : smtp:USER1@MAILLIST.Domain_Name.Domain_...

Date display in Excel

Excel and some disappeared sheets

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Help With Margin Formula

GETPIVOTDATA data_field help

Excel error 1706

Help!!!!
I am running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 sp6a. Norton Anti- virus deleted my edb.log file. I have done an on-line restore with Arcserve 2000 and now my directory service won't start. getting 1166 internal processing error. I have been to support and could find anything that helped. Thanks in advance You may want to run eseutil /mh <drive and path to your dir.edb and include the dir.edb > c:\edb.dmp. Find this file and see if your dir is also inconsistent. If so you will need to restore your dir. -- Nan Bennett (MSFT) Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail...

Mail merge from excel
I am trying to merge a list of names from excel into publisher. When using the mail merge wizard it wont let me load the names all it says is f1 and f2. what am I doing wrong? any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Excel Jululian 04-24-10
Good morning please help i have a lists of names and i want to separate each in a colum like You Light Up My Life197711 You Light Up My Life (in one colum "A") 1977 (in one colum "B") 1 (in one colum "C") 1 (in one colum "E") regards First many thanks on your reply the text are different in length regards "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote: > 'Data' > 'Text to Columns' > 'Next' > mark/un-mark the vertical separators as > shown in the picture > 'Finish' >...

Opening Excel email attachments
When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find suitable program.I then go online to find Excel but only get Uopdates. PC is XP version with Works Suite 2002. A fe months back my dear wife was downloading Excel an got board with waiting and shut down the PC! Any suggestions. Thanks Karl Hi there's no legal way to download Excel!! You have to buy< an Excel version and install it on your PC (or try to open the file with MS Works - but live with the restricted functionality) >-----Original Message----- >When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find >suitable progra...