Excel Graphing Line References off when chart is a sheet.

I have noticed that when any graph is created in EXCEL and you hover you
mouse over the dataline you receive that corect response. If you convert the
chart to a sheet, the hover of the data line is now not representative of the
the y axis directly below it. The data being graphed is correct now the hover
represents the "series" (x-Axis) correctly but does not represent the "Point"
(y-axis) correctly at all. Tne Y-axis datapoint reference is wrong. Any help?

0
DPC (3)

Emailing in excel 2003 01-29-10
Hi all Guru, I have created a button which emails the addresses as shown below, what i would prefer if i could have it so that it emails what ever email address is in cell B10, instead of having set email addresses. Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ActiveWorkbook.Save Dim Response As String Dim DefaultFolder As String, DefaultFileName As String Dim FileToSave Dim OutApp As Object 'this emails operations manager Dim OutMail As Object Dim strbody As String Response = MsgBox("Are you sure you want to Approve this PIP?", _ vbYesNo + vbInformatio...

Excel Macro Question #4
Hi All, I'm dealing with an Excel issue that's driving me crazy and I was hoping someone could help me out with. I'm working on a spreadsheet to track projects and I would like to create a macro that would track and show the number of a days a project has been opened for each time the spreadsheet is viewed or opened. If anyone can offer any assistance, I would greatly appreciate it! -Tommy Any reason you can't use a formula? Perhaps something like =TODAY()-A1 where A1 contains the date the project opened? In article <1176341869.342666.102220@e65g2000hsc.googlegr...

how do I copy several lines of word text into one excel cell?
In a word doc I need to copy several lines of text and paste them into one excel cell. I can't seem to find any help telling me how to do this (each line pastes into a different cell) You can either double click the cell or press F2 key to get into edit mode for the cell, then the text pasted would all go into the cell. -Simon "jhh" wrote: > In a word doc I need to copy several lines of text and paste them into one > excel cell. I can't seem to find any help telling me how to do this (each > line pastes into a different cell) thank you SO much Simon CC - ...

adding series to a chart
ok i posted before about this but i didnt explain it properly i have a chart that is already done, its a bar chart and has 100 bars, i would like to add the names to those bars but it would be a pain to do it 1 by one attaching each series to a bar. is there a quicker way of doing it ?? Well, you can't attach a series to a bar; a bar is a subset of a series. Do you mean you want to add series names to the bars? If your series names just happen to be in a contiguous worksheet range (all in one row or one column), this simple macro will apply them to the series: Sub ApplyNames() ...

Excel crashes after copy and paste of charts
Hello, I am using Excel 2002 and Micsosoft Windows 2000 Professional. In my excel file I first create two sheets, one with only one chart an another with two charts, then copy and paste the charts into worddocument. Then I remove the sheets. I do this over and over in loop, and after about 60 times (this varies) I get the message: "Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We ar sorry for the inconvenience" and then Excel crashes. Any suggestions about how to solve this problem? Thank you, Sir -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Adding in Excel Revised
I have a spreadsheet from Pay pal. It lists many columns and cells. For example in one of the COLUMNS (column D) it lists the words"us postal" which are postal fees I incurred, for debits and their are names listed beneath them as credits for paid sales. The actual numbers show in column H that I need to add up that are currently showing as debits. I do not want to add the credits in column H. Since Column H shows debits and credits- I need to separate these out and add the debits for total ship fees. I want to add up only the "us postal" fees in total IN THE COL...

Opening excel files
Hi everyone If I open an excel document from my documents, or other location, excel opens but then the file does not open. I can open excel files from excel and using the open command. but not staright from my documents. Any ideas? thanks Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on the file in windows explorer: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the win...

An issue when sorting in excel PivotTable
I designed a PivotTable in Excel 2003. Data source is a cube in Analysis Server 2000. I want to sort a measure. e.g. top 10. however, relevant to dimmension has many levels. E.g. level1--->Group (i.e. a, b, c,.....z), Level2---->UserName. it works fine if I sort & top 10 by Group. but an issue will pop up if I sort top 10 by usernamea and hide level group. it will list greater than 10 usernames. how can I get accurate results by sort & top 10. Are there some options to support or fix it in Excel PivotTable? thanks. -- Developer QA Dashboard Microsoft China Development Cen...

Excel 2007 will not start.... all of a sudden.. pls help
Hi, I have Office 2007... All modules were working fine on clicking icons of word,access,excel etc. All of a sudden to day I can not start.. excel.. other programs .. starts. on starting excel. clicking Icon... I get message as follow. " This file does not have a program associated with ith it for performing this actoion. Create an association with set association control Panel. " Also when With window explorer I go in office12 folder clicking excel EXE file doe not start error message this is not win32 file. can somebody help.. or do I have to reinstall Office 2007 ...

Excel 2002 Pivot Table Protection
I've been playing around with protecting my pivot table - so far, I can't get it quite right. What I'm hoping to do is allow users to refresh the pivot table and update any of the "page" dimensions, but NOT allow anyone to pivot or manipulate the row and column dimensions. Is this possible? You could use programming to restrict the pivot table use. For example: '========================================= Sub RestrictPivotTableExceptPage() Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField Set pt = ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1) With pt .EnableWizard = False .EnableDril...

lines on 2 axis
This works fine if you only plot 2 series, But how do you plot 3 series, 2 on Y axis and the 1 on the other Y axis ?? ??ian Hi, You can select a series and change the axis it is plotted on, depending on the combination of chart types. Check the Axis tab on the Format dialog that is displayed after double clicking the data series. Cheers Andy ias wrote: > This works fine if you only plot 2 series, > But how do you plot 3 series, 2 on Y axis and the 1 on the other Y axis ?? > ??ian -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Macro for sheet delete, very easy
my code is: Sheets("Sheet 1 (2)").Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete How can i hace it delete the seleted sheet, not always 'Sheet 1 (2)'? -- comotoman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ comotoman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27292 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=475211 This code deletes the active sheet, with no prompt for confirmation: Application.DisplayAlerts = False ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete ...

excel based budgeting #3
what is product id 1878 excel based budgeting It enables you to export data to spreadsheets and import data from spreadsheets to budgets. You can find it on the Cards >> Financial menu under Budgets. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Max" wrote: > what is product id 1878 excel based budgeting ...

gridlines from excel worksheet not appearing in print?
im trying to make outlook print gridlines. i copy a piece of an excel worksheet into an outlook email. the gridlines appear ok. but when i go to print- they dont appear on the preview or the print out. also when i paste the same clipboard contents into wordpad and select print preview, the gridlines work! the only way i can figure how to get the gridlines to work in outlook is to paste special and select "microsoft excel worksheet". but the people here are pedantic, and want to be able to just paste the worksheet, and for it to have the gridlines visible on the print. (like...

Upgrade Excel 5.0
I currently have Excel 5.0. Is it possible to purchase upgrades for this version? I would like to upgrade it to at least Excel 97 but preferably further. Thanks. Hi Elizabeth 5 is old. Old like vintage. I don't think upgade licenses go more than a version or two back, so 5 wouldn't qualify for that. Worse perhaps is that only the current version is for sale at any time. That would be Excel XP for a few more days, until 2003 version arrives. You could always check the secondhand market and online auctions like www.ebay.com for older versions. There are a few new cool things in ea...

Excel Query
HI, I have a doubt in excel pivot tables. I have "Year" dimension in Page Area. Month and Week date dimension in Row area. There are some old data is displaying in week date. I dont want to change the pivot table design for this as data is huge. Want to know if a macro can help in this matter. Like If i select YEar dimension in the page area as "2004" the weekdate should only have data of 2004. Example : Below is the current setup YEAR 2004 MONTH WEEKDATE AMT JUNE 01/06/2003 0 06/06/2004 56 11/06/2003 0 11/06/2004 78 JULY 01/07/2003 0 06/07/2004 34 11/0...

a range area referred anywhere and repeatively on a new worksheet page
Hi I have a grid / table which has prices on which i wish to do calculations on so i entered the information and then named it as a range pricegrid (pricegrid refers to cells between (a1:d26)) I then create a new worksheet which i wish to refer to pricegrid on the same page. if i am refer to =pricegrid on the next worksheet and the rows and columns exactly aligns with the value everything works i now want to move to a14 and want to use =pricegrid it will show value as it cant display in a different area i presume i can use the offset function but how can i create value on ...

Excel Cell Format for Numberic Values
When I export data having 20 numeric characters, Excel will put in place a scientifc equation. The numbers are rounded off after 15 characters. Cannot get Excel to display all 20 numeric numbers. Any ideas on how to get Excel to read all 20 numbers in a cell? Hi not possible. Excel only supports 15 significant digits -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4324528D-BBAB-493C-A1B0-EC108BCB6571@microsoft.com... > When I export data having 20 numeric characters, Excel will put in place a > scientifc e...

In excel can you select certain cells which contain the same text
If I have several cells with the same text in them can I filter these out and select them. I know you can do this for formula etc but can it be done for text? try data>filter>autofilter -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "ade" <ade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:937AD9E1-668B-4E32-B194-29146DF0A60A@microsoft.com... > If I have several cells with the same text in them can I filter these out and > select them. I know you can do this for formula etc but can it be done for > text? ...

Charting Textual Statistics
Hi all, i've got this worksheet going. the data is a collection of stats from market research. its got name, company, address questions and answers some are simple answers like yes no, others are multiple choices. so basically i want to draw up charts for this. but i figure i can onl do this with numerical data not textual data. is there a formula or wa around it? i am absolutely clueless how to do it. so if it works out i want a pie chart or bar chart that represents th question and the percentages of how the answers were received. e.g. fo a sample question of what kind of pets do ...

How do you create a line manpower graph?
Currently I am in the process of trying to build an exel graph with the ability to track manpower over the course of the fiscal year. On the X-axis I wanted to place weekly dates from 01 Oct 04 to 30 Sep 05. On the Y-axis I want the number of personnel available. I currently have a excel spread sheet that lists the name of the individual along with their start and end date. How can I enter this into a value that excel understands to create a simple stacked line graph? ...

Excel 2002 switches video mode on startup
Office Xp runs fine except starting Excel switches to 640x480, with toolbar icons much larger than normal. The screen momentarily goes black when switching from 800x600 and the comes up in the 640x480 mode. Have uninstalled Office XP and reinstalled but effect is still there. Word, Powerpoint etc work fine. A macro virus? Have deleted personal.xls and excel.tlb but no good. I've never heard of this problem, but you might try some of the steps at www.cpearson.com/excel/startuperrors.htm to narrow down the cause of the problem. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pear...

Add vertical lines to a line chart (already has 2 Y axis)
Hi, I have a report I update each month. And while most of the information is based on numbers one of the series is a percentage, so has it own axis. I've set up the spreadsheet so that each week when data is added then another part of the spreadsheet shows it, this part of the spreadsheet only shows the last 28 weeks, so I have no need to change the cells the graph is looking at (since it always shows the last 28 weeks) The problem is that I need to have vertical lines to show different months. The closest i've managed is to put a seconardy X axis with gridlines for every mont...

payment by check
Hi! We take personal checks but I would like to add the drivers lincense number to the transaction as well. Anyway to add that just to Check tenders? Thx, Manny ...

Opening Excel Opens Too Many Sheets
Don't know what I did recently but when I open Excel, FINANCIAL MANAGER is added to the main menu at the top and several sheets/files are opened that I do not want to open. FINANCIAL MANAGER wasn't there before and I can find no way to take it off the menu. I find no "startup" folder that lists these files that I could delete the shortcuts to - I've looked in the various folders relating to Excel but not found anything that might stop this activity whenever I open Excel. Opening the shortcut I'd been using to get to Excel, it's like a macro starts off and I fin...