Excel Charts - Text Box Problem

I have several Excel charts that I am working on for a presentation. I
plan on using Powerpoint for the presentation but am creating the
charts in Excel.
One problem that I am having is that I have a text box that I have
placed on my chart below the title - I need to copy the entire chart so
that I can paste it into Powerpoint but when I click on the chart to
copy.... the text box disappears. I've tried sending the chart to
back.... the funny thing is if I copy the text box to another cell and
paste it.... then copy it back on to the chart it seems to stay. What's
that all about.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tp

--
tpearo
tpearo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35629

Hi,

The textbox needs to be embedded within the chartobject.
Select the textbox and cut CTRL+X
Select the chartobject and paste CTRL+V

the textbox should now be bound within the chartobject rather than
floating on the drawing layer.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Replace &F in header with text
The right header reads DOC. NO &F I need a macro to replace &F with the filename as text (To be run on the contents of a folder one time) (Our new data management system adds a dot numeric value to the file name, and it is confusing the users.) I would really appreciate any suggestions! :rolleyes: Michelle ;) -- amthyst826 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ amthyst826's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28308 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=478853 Generally, ...

Drop Down Box #7
Greetings, I have an Excel doc with drop down boxes from the control toolbox. I was able to affect the properties of these boxes by right clicking on them and going ino the dialogue box for formatting the controls. Now when I try to do it, it doesn't give me the right click menu. Is there some method in Excel to reactivate the right click menu on these controls? Perhaps some sort of template mode? Thank you. Rod You can try this: Press Alt+F11 Press Ctrl+G Type this into the pane that appears at the bottom of the Window and press Enter: Application.CommandBars("Cell")...

Border Art Button Missing in Dialog Box
I have 200 high school students working in Publisher 2003 on Windows XP SP3. SP3 was installed a few days ago. However, I don't know if this problem existed before then. We are on a Novell Network, but the program was installed locally from an image distribution. On some of our computers, the Border Art button is missing in the Format AutoShape and Format Text Box Dialog Boxes. The button was originally there. I have no clue how students removed the button. Can someone help me put the button back so that border art is available again? Can you tell me how the button was removed? ...

Jon Peltier
Jon, How would you do this with a Pivot Table? I'm not a Pivot Table novice and I just can't envision how this one would be done. Thanks, Barb Hi Barb - I didn't see this question at first, but I responded in the original thread. I didn't try to replicate the OP's one column setup from his first post, because it didn't match the more logical arrangement in his post in the other forum. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Barb Reinhardt wrote: > Jon, > ...

Combo box filter before form opens
frmSearchType with cboType and cmdOpenForm which opens frmEntryEdit. frmEntryEdit uses cboEntryNum to allow user to select from the filtered records. This is working correctly, however if no records fit the filter, I get an open frmEntryEdit, with no records in the cboEntryNum. I would rather have a message box that states "No Data fits the criteria", than have frmEntry Edit open. Is this possible? -- Teach me to fish! Thanks for the help. Pax, M m stroup wrote: >frmSearchType with cboType and cmdOpenForm which opens frmEntryEdit. >frmEntryEdit use...

how do i enable dde in excel?
i am posting a DDE link into an excel cell from an external program and getting the message ' DDE Not enabled' in the cell once the link is pasted in. how do i enable DDE? ...

excel file can't be opened #2

How to transpose in excel file

A Linking Problem
Assume I have a column of numbers, in a file named Source. (range is B2:B10). These cells are linked to a column in a file named Destination(range is E2:E10). If I add a new row 5 to the source, is there a way I can get the previously linked cells in Destination to continue to display the correct values. After adding the new row 5 in source, rows in Destination below row 5 display values from rows below (in the Source file). I hope this is not too confusing a question (I am confused). If it of importance, the linking was done using Paste Link in the Paste Special dialog. Thanks. Hi PA Yo...

Headers in Excel #3
Can you tell me if it's possible and if so, how I can change the header cells, i.e. A B C D E ... etc? Thanks. Andrea (508) 842-3880 Hi Andrea no this is not possible. The best workaround you can achieve is: - use row 1 as header - goto cell A2 and to the menu 'Windows - Freeze Panes' to always show row 1 - in 'Tools - Options - view' you can hide the row and column headers -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Andrea" <shrews.receptionist@nitco-lift.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:12ff301c44354$b88982b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can you tell ...

determining user-defined chart definition
How can I look at the code/description of a user-defined chart? ...

Excel -> Access Import Bizarreness

Form printing problem
Hi all, I have a form that holds customer records which we have been printing out for filing. I put a print record command button at the top of the form and this has been working perfectly for at least the last four years printing on plain paper using auto selection on the printer. Recently the form record has started printing onto header paper. It doesn't matter whether I change the properties on the printer it keeps printing to headed paper and the only way round was to put plain paper into the headed paper tray. We have now a new printer in the office which has been set as my defa...

Is this possible within Excel 2000?
Hi, I've used Excel on a get by basis for many years at work, and I'm just beginning to realise its vast capabilities, having viewed several groups which I didn't know existed previously. I subsequently would like to ask if it is possible for Excel to look at the numerical or text content of a cell on one worksheet and then look at a predefined range on another worksheet and find the equivalent cell content and then move the cursor to that cell? This has me stumped presently. Thanks in advance for any assistance. J.J. To actually move the selection, you'd need to use a litt...

Excel 2000 fail to open workbook

Problems creating a newsletter
I chose the form "Newsletter - email". I have created a 3 page newsletter. Now, I have NO IDEA how to send it out as an email. I do not want to send it as an attachment. I cannot figure out which "save as" format or what I need to do so that i can email this newsletter. Is there a website that goes through how to do this? Am I correct when I say that it has to be html in order for me to send it as email? That is not one of the options. Any help you give me would be greatly appreciated. I am using 2003 Publisher. I created the book "Tri-Puzzles for Genesis - I"...

Hotmail Problem Please Help
I am running Exchange 2003 Standard on a Windows 2003 Server. I also have ISA 2000 on the same box. Everything is working fine. The problem I am having is getting mail out to a hotmail address. When I send then mail, I see it sits in the Queue for less then a minute then disappears. It never makes it to the Hotmail address nor do I get any return errors back in my client indicating the mail never made it to its destination. On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:51:04 -0800, "Kevin Mc" <Kevin Mc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am running Exchange 2003 Standard on a Windows 200...

Windows 7 taskbar API problems
Folks The background is that an Access MDE/ACCDE created by a developer is not conceptually the same as an Excel spreadsheet or Word document file created by the user. My Auto FE Updater utility automatically downloads any new version created by the developer from the server to the workstation as well as doing lots of other stuff such as creating shortcuts on desk tops. If this was a user created Access database file which resides in the users My Documents folder, or similar, than they are conceptually the same as a Word or Excel file. The problem is if the user right-clicks on...

Excel prints some sheets very small
When I try to print multiple sheets of the same workbook at the same time, one of them (a different one each time) prints very small (about an inch tall) in the upper left hand corner. I am printing from a network file but I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not. Please HELP!!! ...

Bar Chart #5
I would like to do a column chart that groups the bars representing the data points adjacently, for example: 3/2006 sales and 3/2007 sales / 4/2006 sales and 4/2007 sales, etc. Any ideas? Just place the data in separate columns, on for each year, select the data and create the graph. Bob Flanagan Macro Systems http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11EA5885-385A-4E98-83D1-4BCA7FC137EB@microsoft.com... >I would like to do a column chart that groups the ...

EXCEL 2007 acting up
j$ = "THIS MACRO WILL ERASE THE SECOND & THIRD SET OF DATA" + Chr$(13) + Chr$(13) Using EXCEL 2007, I get an error with the line above as a macro. It does not recognize CHR$. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Not for me it didn't. Check for MISSING references in Tools>References, uncheck them if there are any. -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F63F6E95-AF0A-4927-B337-99B5C48B92B1@microsoft.com... > j$ = "THIS MACRO WILL...

problems loading excel documents
When I try to open up an excel document via my documents it says that the same document is open already how can this be stopped Tina First try the standard fix(es)......Tools>Options>General uncheck "ignore other applications" OR Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space before the / mark). You may have to enter your full path to excel.exe....in that case surround with quotes as in..... "C:\mypath\to Excel\somewhere\excel.exe" /regserver Gord Dibben XL2002 On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 09:16:14 -0800, "Tina" <TinaSCovell...