excel charts and graphs

I want to assemble several pages of excel charts and graph in the form
of a poster without printing them out.

THOR

Filtering Rows in Excel?
Hi I have a colleague who wishes to filter across a row and not a column. As I understand it the filter functions on Excel are specific to columns. Any suggestions appreciated. Peter You could Transpose to Columns. If you have fewer than 256 rows to filter in this manner, you could: Copy the range to filter. Go to a new sheet. Edit | Paste Special | Transpose Then, you will have Columns instead of rows, and you can use the AutoFilter. tj "Peter W" wrote: > Hi > I have a colleague who wishes to filter across a row and not a column. > > As I understand it the fil...

sort option is greyed out in excel
Sort option is greyed out in excel 2000 premium edition. I am using windows 2000 pro and I have just formated my hard drive after my pc crashed. So I installed everything from scratch. Did I left something out? Do I have to install something else? I just can't get the sort option to work. I will really appreciate any help Thank you Gabriela Hi Gabriela check that the worksheet is not protected - tools / protection, and unprotect sheet (if it is an option). let us know if this solves the problem Cheers JulieD "donleyga" <donleyga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

IF/AND formulas within excel
Hi there, Could anybody please help me with a formula i am trying to enter into my excel spreadsheet. i have two sets of variables "a" and "b" which are related to each other. Using a seperate formula I obtain "c" What i would like to do is apply 1 of 4 equations to "c" depending on the value of "a" and "b". if "a">0 and "b">0 then "c" stays as it is "a"<0 and "b">0 then minus"c" from 360 "a">0 and "b"<0 then minus"c&q...

How do you get the templete to print in it's total graph?
IT IS ONLY PRINTING THE TOP HEADER. Can you please enlarge on this question (WITHOUT SHOUTING, please) best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "sonie" <sonie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAB652A9-0323-44A5-B667-4CD38E4BF1C0@microsoft.com... > IT IS ONLY PRINTING THE TOP HEADER. ...

Change language in Excel 97
Hi, I'm trying to run spell-check for Norweigan in Excel 97, but do not have the option to change the language (it is set to English as default). Is there any add-ins that I need to have installed? How can I change the spellcheck language (or the default language)? Thanks for all help.... Brgds Lena ...

Historic graphs don't work in Money 2006 Premium
I have been using Money 2006 Premium to track my stocks and mutual funds. Everything works fine except when I click on the little graph icon next to a mutual fund or stock in my portofolio, I get a screen but where the graph should be there is a blank square with a red "X" in the upper left conner. Since the graphs used to look like those you see on MSN's Web site when using IE7, I tried to view the same mutual fund graphs there and that works fine. So the problem is internal to Money. What can I do to get the graph function working again so I don't have to leave Mone...

2007- unwanted column chart n/a labels displaying
I am using Excel 2007 and have found that I cannot get the NA() labels to NOT display. As desired, there is no column where the cell values are na() but the labels for those cells are displaying as "N/A". How do I keep these labels from appearing? Interesting. I made a Line chart with =NA() and the points were joined (as expected) When I added labels, the #N/A did NOT appear A copy of the same charge was changed to a Column chart and the #N/A does appears But then, with a column chart you could just leave the cell blank. What type of chart are you using? best wishes -- Bernard...

Excel Pivot Table Refresh Question
Hi, I hope there is someone that can help me with another question regarding refreshing Pivot tables I have a spreadsheet with: -Some worksheets storing lookup information and a data input sheet -A worksheet containing pivot tables showing results from the input and lookup sheets -A report worksheet with a summary of the data using Vlookup on the Pivot tables worksheet, and performing additional calculations on this pivot table derived data. Whenever someone uses the report worksheet the data should be refreshed from the Pivot tables as this is going to be a shared workbook with possibly onl...

Printing Excel Objects in Publisher 2002
I have copied objects from an excel work sheet into my Publisher file, but when I go to print the file the object prints the grid lines which were disabled in the original excel file am I doing something wrong. It is a flip/flop bug, with no fix. Some people have this issue, others don't - why? - nobody knows. Fortunately I don't. -- ...

How to set cell validation in excel using name range?
I have 2 worksheets in my workbook. First worksheet has name range (for example a1:b5 name = valName). In another worksheet I want to create cell validation as combobox by using value from range name "valName" in first worksheet as it source. How can I do that in C#? ...

Excel Document of 2.5mb takes up to 20min to open up
Finally I have found the cure, basically it was caused by a corrupted EMF file which used up to 100% of a CPU and the Spooler is in a never ending loop. Fix: 1) Do a search for *.emf files (they will be found in the Temp directory) 2) If there are any then this is probably the cause - delete them all 3) Boot to an alternate install of NT and delete the *.shd and *.spl file from the Spool folder. 4) If you have a multi-processor, you can pause the printer and delete the files. After deleting all the *.emf files, which took me almost 15min (20000 files) I tested the Excel doc and it opened up...

How do I make a custom formula for Excel?
I use excel for my checkbook register and I have a budget that "runs" beside it to keep a monthly track of everything in the same worksheet. I want to write a formula that would take, for instance, my gasoline purchases from the checkbook, then place and continue to add up the monthly gasoline purchases in the budget column. I know very little about formulas. Right now, I manually add up all the rows that say Gas for the month and place them into the budget line. I appreciate your assistance. There are a variety of ways to create cums for budgets, depending on how you hav...

create printable form that has data from excell document insertet
I have information on pay for my employees on an excell spreadsheet. I need to create a form that looks like a check stub that i can print with this information in it each week to give to the employee. (the excell information needs to be merged into the pay form)? Creating forms in Excel can be rather tedious, as you've probably realized. Also, to create something that would spit out numerous duplicate looking pages would require that the 'form' be replicated in Excel once for each employee. A better way would be to create the form in Microsoft Word as a Mail Merge docume...

How do you link drop down lists in excel?
I have a drop down list that that I want to link each item to a another drop downlist. The items in the list are items that each have 3 different prices and I want to have those appear as a dropdown list when u select it. Check out this link to Debra Dalgleish's web page on the subject of dependent lists: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Angel aAlegria" <Angel aAlegria@discussions.micr...

chart type #3
On a number of occasions I have selected XY chart type with points only. When the chart is drawn the type is XY chart with points and lines. Has anyone else had this problem? Why would the chart type change? Thanks for any help. mk Hmmm. I can't replicate your problem. Can you give more specifics? Wigi "mk" wrote: > On a number of occasions I have selected XY chart type with points only. > When the chart is drawn the type is XY chart with points and lines. Has > anyone else had this problem? Why would the chart type change? > > Thanks for any help. ...

Charts created in Excel 2003 are not showing up in excel 2007
I have several charts that are displayed as their on worksheets in excel 03 but don't show up in excel 07 how can i fix it so that these charts will display? "RLang07" wrote: > I have several charts that are displayed as their on worksheets in excel 03 > but don't show up in excel 07 how can i fix it so that these charts will > display? I had this exact problem when I upgraded from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007 on my Vista (Home Premium) system. I couldn't work out what the problem was and had given up trying to solve it... However, I somehow managed to fix...

Excel 2002 Unhide Columns Shortcut??
In Office XP in Excel I can not select two columns it automaticall expands the selection to include the Merged Row above it which includes all th columns below - not just the two I selected. When I select just tw cells the right click does not include the option to "Unhide" or "Hide". have to go to the format menu, select column and select "Unhide" or "Hide". Is there a way to select columns without including the merged row within the spreadsheet? Is there a shortcut to "Hide" or "UnHide" with a righ click or keyboard shortcu...

Change default to Excel 2000 when 2007 installed
Hi, I ahve both Excel 200 and 2007 installed on my PC and whilst I'm learning 2007, I want Excel 2000 to be my default program when opening Excel .XLS files. Is there a way to do this please? Thanks, Rob Since 2007 has decided it wants to be the default, de-register 2007 and re-register 2000 Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar Start>Run "C:\yourpathto2007\excel.exe" /unregserver See the space between exe and /unregserver. Then register 2000 Start>Run "C:\yourpathto2000\excel.exe" /regserver This process should make...

How do I shuffle a group of cells randomly in Excel?
generally this is achieved via the use of a "helper"column - another column adjacent to what you want to sort where you type in a function to generate random numbers (e.g. =ROUND(RAND()*100,0) ) and then you change this column from a formula to values (copy it, select it again - edit / paste special - values) and then you sort of this column to get a "random" sort. The column can be deleted once you've sorted. Cheers JulieD "golfmoab" <golfmoab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF26C8FE-432C-40B2-9632-F74DCF1AD70B@microsoft.com...

Excel List of Email Addresses
Hi - I have a single-column list of about 200 email addresses for our club. I need to send a simple text email to all of them, using Outlook Express (1st choice) or Outlook. Is there an easy way to convert this list of addresses into a format that OE will recognize, without copying and pasting them individually? If not, any suggestions for a Plan B? Thanks very much for your help, Jenny. Hi Jenny, Ron de Bruin has sample code which you should be able to adapt to your needs: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm --- Regards, Norman "Jenny" <jwilliams644@hotmail...

Excel 2007 CF Multiple criteria
I've always thought CF was one of the more understandable tools used in Excel. Until now. Using Excel 2007. Trying to hilight a cell if it's contents are the same as another cell (Lets say A1 same as B1.). Also want to ignore the CF rule if either cell is blank. It's driving me bonkers. Ideas? TIA. Pierre Select A1:B1 Home tab/conditional formatting / highlight rules /duplicates works a treat best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Pierre" <cowguy@aol.com> wrote in message news:96eb3105-8017-4e7f-817...

Chart data with zeroes
I have used an IF formula to replace blanks, zeroes etc. with #N/A as I thought charts ignored this. My source data is 2 columns as below displaying as a line chart: #N/A #N/A 0.20 0.0017497 0.40 0.0017613 0.60 0.0017538 0.80 0.0017459 1.00 0.0017397 1.20 0.0017358 1.60 0.0019809 2.00 0.0021619 #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A The #N/As are plotted as zeroes with #N/A displaying instead of a figure on the X axis. I need to get rid of the #N/As displaying on the X axis and have excel ignore them on the chart. Any help greatly appreciated. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Micr...

what the excell gone weird?
when I open any excel file (or create new files) it wont update any formula unless I save the document. example cell A1 = B1 I input 2 in cell B1 cell A1 will not show the value 2 untill I save the changes. any idea what going on? Excel 2000 9.0 Thanks Check Under Tools>Options>Calculation. It sounds like it is set to Manual with Recalculate Before Save. Select Automatic instead. Hope this helps Rowan "B.B" wrote: > when I open any excel file (or create new files) it wont update any formula > unless I save the document. example cell A1 = B1 > I input 2 in ce...

Excel Data Manager Tool?
I'm currently performing data analysis on a group of related Excel spreadsheets that have grown over time. All of the spreadsheets contain numerous tabs with multiple references to other tabs and other spreadsheets. Performing analysis on these spreadsheets has been difficult because of the labyrinth of complex data relationships. Can someone advise on whether there is an Excel tool available in the marketplace that can do what 'Enterprise Manager' does for a SQL database? Basically, I'm looking for a tool that can document the data relationships within a set of ...

chart data line in two colors
My boss wants a data line in my chart be green when abouve goal and red when below goal. I do not think it is possable, but I thought I would check out here first. Hi there might be a way to automate this, but i'm not sure how, but it is possible to manually generate a chart where the line changes colour between data points .... create the line chart as per usual, and then click on the bit of the line you want to change colour (all the points should show as selected) and then click again (only the points at the end of the line you're clicking on should show as highlighted) no...