Excel Chart question

Is there a way to display both primary and secondary axis on the same side of
a (linear) chart
0
Amj (1)

No, that is not possible
Now someone will show you a complicated way to prove me wrong

"Amj" <Amj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to display both primary and secondary axis on the same side
> of
> a (linear) chart

0
bliengme1 (122)
11/4/2004 3:38:30 PM
Bernard -

You're not wrong, of course; Excel can be made to place both Y axes on the same
side, but one will overlie the other. If the various ticks are spaced appropriately
and it's near full moon, you might even see both sets of tick labels, but I think
that's probably a bug.

But you can put the two axes close to each other. One crosses at the minimum of the
X axis, and the other crosses at a value near the minimum. To specify where the Y
axis crosses, you must format the scale of the X axis. To specify where the
secondary Y axis crosses, you must at least temporarily show the secondary X axis
(Chart menu > Chart Options > Axes tab, check Secondary X Axis). If My X axis
spanned 0 to 10, I'd probably change the minimum to -1, and put the Y axes at -1 and 0).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Bernard V Liengme wrote:

> No, that is not possible
> Now someone will show you a complicated way to prove me wrong
>
> "Amj" <Amj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>Is there a way to display both primary and secondary axis on the same side
>>of
>>a (linear) chart

How do I create a sample in Excel?

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Concatenation question
I am trying to concatenate two fields and then add text in brackets to the end. Here is what I have: StaffFullName = ([Me.LastName] & ", " & [Me.FirstName] & " (Mgr)") I want the end result to be: Smith, Mary (Mgr) How do I achieve this? Thank you, Terri What you've done will work. You can also use the "+" operator if there is a possibility that there will be a missing first name: StaffFullName = ([Me.LastName] & "," & (" "+ [Me.FirstName]) & " (Mgr)") That will avoid an extra spa...

Complex question about importing, analyzing data
I get a cvs file emailed to me. I am trying hard to figure out how to import the data into Excel not in whole, but only selected columns. Once that is done, I would like to run a formula such as subract d from 1 row from e from another row if and only if A is the same. Could someone point me to a book or get me started and I will try to wrestle with the rest? What I would do is import the whole file into a Blank Worksheet - then delete what you don't want and then copy and past what you do want into your "Master Sheet" As for the formula something like the following should ...

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Date display in Excel

Queries and Charts

fiscal year setting question
hi. i know that the fiscal year settings get more or less set in stone, so i had a quick question before i set it for my org. in the template field, what is that used for? if i select 'quarterly', does that mean i can only run reports on a quarter basis? what if i wanted to do monthly reports? ultimately, my question is what is the 'template' field used for? thanks! Hi Jeff, Fiscal year setting must be aligned to your company's accountig policy. Fiscal year setting primarily defines sales quotas. When you set quarterly periods, you can set quarterly quotas for mem...

Updating a chart Automatically

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

line chart with NA() values

Outlook 2003 rules question again