Excel #6

Quando executo uma planilha direto pelo nome, demora de abrir, por que? E
quando executo o excel primeiro e busco o arquivo abre com rapides.

0
planilha (1)

Error when opening a macro-enabled Excel 2007 file
I have a worksheet with a simple macro in it. When I go to open the file, I always get an error message saying "Excel found unreadable content....". Help? ...

Display Last Saved Date Excel
Hi I want a cell in the top right corner of my sheet stating the date and time it was last saved as I have a rather unstable network where i work and it crashes. I know this is available in Word and it's a similar kinda thing i'm looking for. Thanks Hi, I can offer a VBA solution, I don't know Excel worksheet funtion for this purpose. Public Function timestamp(filepathandname) timestamp = FileDateTime(filepathandname) End Function Place this function in a normal module and use it as a UDF. Format the result cell as date/time! Regards, Stefi „JonniP” ezt írta: ...

Keeping the exponent at a fix value in Excel
Hi When formatting in Scientific, how can you keep the exponent constant and allow the decimal point to move? For example If I have: 6.647E-03 1.741E-02 8.378E-02 How do I ensure that Excel keeps the E to E-3 and adjust the decimal point? Cheers WayneL On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 17:49:01 GMT, "WayneL" <home@wlawson-nomorespam.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >When formatting in Scientific, how can you keep the exponent constant and >allow the decimal point to move? >For example > >If I have: >6.647E-03 >1.741E-02 >8.378E-02 > >How do I ensure that Ex...

I want to convert an Excel Chart to a .tif format file
I have tried copying to PowerPoint and then saving as a tif, but the quality is not as good. I suppose the easiest way would be for you to download a copy of the free ASAP utility. As one of its options, you can convert an Excel file into a ..tif... others too. BR "rlbell" <rlbell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F7D39D4-2E42-4FD2-99DF-5D8BB188F4E9@microsoft.com... >I have tried copying to PowerPoint and then saving as a tif, but the >quality > is not as good. Hello, Brad! You wrote on Wed, 2 Aug 2006 13:50:48 -0500: B> I suppose t...

When I rename an file excel cannot find the macros
Guys I'm sure thre is a simple solution to my problem and I would be gratefull if someone could point me in the right direction. The macros in the new file will not run if the old file is closed. Their paths contain the original file name what is the way around this/ Thanks in Advance Kevan Hi Kevan, (posted to public.excel) If you mean the links on the spreadsheet itself, try Bill Manville's FindLink at http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm which I don't appear able to see the main content frame.in either Internet Explorer or in Firefox browsers. I can see ...

MFC, Excel and sorting
I'm writing an MFC application to populate an excel spreadsheet, the data comes to me in no particular order. Once I've finished, I would like Excel to sort my rows based on a single column of data which is Text. I'm having difficulty using the sort function, I would appreciate help in using this function or if I even have the correct function. The sort function appears in the C++ class wrapper as: VARIANT Sort(const VARIANT& Key1, long Order1, const VARIANT& Key2, const VARIANT& Type, long Order2, const VARIANT& Key3, long Order3, long Header, const VARIA...

Mulitple Excel Files
Ok, I have not iced that if you are editing a cell you can not open a second file. We are using Office XP Pro. Every once in a while we are having problems opening a second file even if we are not currently in a cell on the first file. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated. One other person is having problems getting Excel to open. It takes about a minute for it to open, any ideas? Thanks, Matt Donohue Hi while you're editing a cell Excel' just can't open a file. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Matt Donohue" <donohue17@earthlink.net> sch...

Finding a filename within an excel worksheet
How can I go about automatically inserting a filename of a worksheet into a cell?? Thanks John Hi John try one of the following formulas (note: the workbook has to be save before) File path and file name: =CELL("filename",A1) File path only =LEFT(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)-1) File name only =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)+1,FIND("]",CEL L("filename",A1),1)-FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)-1) The sheet name =RIGHT(CELL("filena...

How do I insert a marker on an Excel bar chart?
How do I insert a marker on an Excel bar chart that represents a significant point such as a goal or a minimum requirement for the data being charted? Doc_Fixer, One idea is to use a text box or an autoshape. To access these options, you need to have the drawing toolbar available. You can get to the drawing toolbar by going to the standard toolbar and going to View -> Toolbars -> Drawing. Once the drawing toolbar is available, you can drag a text box or an autoshape onto your chart. You can look in Excel's help under "Add a shape or textbox to a worksheet" or &q...

Excel chart question #2
How do I change a series from a bar to a line in a mixed bar-line chart? Hi, Select the series and then right click, on the popup menu select chart type and then pick the required line chart. Or select the series and then from the menu Chart > Chart Type, select the required line type. Cheers Andy yadernye wrote: > How do I change a series from a bar to a line in a mixed bar-line chart? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Brilliant! Thanks, Andy. Cheers, Shawn "Andy Pope" wrote: > Hi, > > Select the series and then right click, ...

Excel links to other workbooks
I am trying to build a workbook that summarises data out of other workbooks. This shows a month by month break down, however, some of the files are not created yet, but I would like it to show the values as soon as that file is created. When I fill in the formulas to link to these non-existant files, upon reopening the main book, I get the "Update links" message, followed by a "File not found" dialog for each non-existant file link. I dont want these to show, but still want it to update the existing links. Any ideas? Cheers Brendan ***** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com...

Excel 2007
Hi, weird question. I've got several thousand single-cell alphanumeric values (e.g., CUSA000040, CUSA000041). Basically they range from 01 to 10,000. However, some numbers are missing from the sequence. Is there a way to have Excel show the ranges of values that *do* exist in this long list? As in, 40-150; 151-200; 205-4000, etc., with or without the alpha prefix? Thanks very much! Hope this question makes sense! Assume your values are in column A on Sheet1. Insert a new Sheet2 and in A2 enter this value: CUSA000001 and put this in A3: CUSA000002 Then select those 2 cells and d...

copying chart Excel into a vb form
Hi, I have a chart Excel created from a vb.net form. How can I copy that chart, to integrate it in my form vb ? I tried with the EditCopy method, but it isn't associated with the object ApplicationExcel.ActiveChart Anybody knows how can I copy it to my MsChart Object ?? Thanks Displaying a Chart in a UserForm http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip66.htm -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <90482366.0506260514.1ddf8ea7@posting.google.com>, aubert.j@gmail.com says... > Hi, ...

Error report closing excel
I have Excel 2003 this is a upgrade. When closing older excel spreadsheets a error report comes up that doesn not identify the problem. The tell microsoft information is sent to Microsoft. Nothing gets resloved afte sending the report. I did load CD and ran detect & repair and it did not solve the problem. ...

Some questions on copy/paste in excel 97
Greetings gurus and thanks in advance: 1: when copying and pasting formulas, is it possible to specify the "step" the formula references will take between cells? Example: A formula in A1 references data in cell C1, when I copy the fomula to A2, I want the reference to go to C3 (instead of C2). 2: If you have 2 workbooks, each with multiple sheets in them (Call them Book1 and Book2). Each workbook has fomulas that call references from sheets other than theeir own within their respectice workbooks. Can you combine the 2 seperate workbooks into 1 workbook without the formul...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Normally when I chart I select a range in the sheet and set up the chart. It plots the top number in the range to the left with the last number in the range to the right. Is there a way to plot it just the opposite, the first number in the range is the last plotted? Craig Hi, Here is the manual process, just record it as needed: Select the category axis and choose Format, Selected Axis, pick the Scale tab, and turn on Categories in reverse order. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Craig Brandt" wrote: > Normally when I chart I sel...

common scan to excel problem
Reading the f.a.q.'s, this seems to be a common problem. I also nee some help with scanning a document from Hp to Excel. I need to edit th document once scanned. On opening the document in Excel after scannin I get a distorted image of the document. Please Help!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com cmlm You can scan as text using a good OCR program to create a text file. You can then open the text file in Excel and use the Text Import Wizard to place the text data in rows and columns. You would have to change text numerics back into real numerics and do some form...

How to put a working calender in Excel
How can I insert a calender that dates could be picked and auto-inserted in Excel? Hi GV, Visit Ron de Bruin's site at: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm --- Regards, Norman "gv" <gv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7818FA95-6DD6-4AB0-9CA1-F18E1AF90AC3@microsoft.com... > How can I insert a calender that dates could be picked and auto-inserted > in > Excel? > "Norman Jones" wrote: > Hi GV, > > Visit Ron de Bruin's site at: > > http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm > > &g...

excel addins
I downloaded an addin to help with some excel charting. The website recommends I save the addin files ( a .xla file and a .chm file) in a 'suitable' directory. Does it matter where I put the files ? , is there a special place for addins ? in Vista I have Excel 2007 Thanks K Doesn't really matter where you store the add-in. When loading you can browse to the folder. Excel looks for add-ins first in the Office12/Library so that is the best folder to store in. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 20 May 2009 12:50:34 +0100, "KRK" <trebor@yeleek.nospam.frees...

Can Excel be reset to the original settings?
We are having some problems at work where some of our users are going into the Excel options settings and changing them as they are experimenting. Is there anyway to reset the settings to the original settings? any help would be appreciated! Thanks! Not too easily. Some Options are sheet only, some are window only, some are saved with the workbook and some are saved/written to the Registry. Original settings would require a complete uninstall to remove Registry entries, then a re-install. Or if you know your way around the Registry you could make changes there. Something ...

re:linking cells in Excel 2003. How to not truncate to 255 characters.
We have 2 Excel workbooks. One ( workbook 1 ) has some cells which derive their contents by linking to cells in another workbook ( workbook 2 ). "Updating" populates workbook 2's cells but only with the first 255 characters of each cell. Unfortunately we have many cells containing more than 255 chars. A link might look like: ='\\Ravel\spower\tmp\gfer\[Allstate Problem List.xls]Closed Problems'!$K147 We do have a sort of work round if the link does not have a pathname but I think it should work as it is or I should have found ref to this limitation by now ! It works i...

How do I copy Tab into a single cell in Excel?
I want to name my Sheet Tab then have that name automatically put in a cell in Excel. I am using 2003, but would need it to work in 2000 also. Thanks Bob, I knew it could be done, You were very helpful. Bryan "Bob Phillips" wrote: > Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html > > -- > > HTH > > RP > (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) > > > "bryantebbe" <bryantebbe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:8FA853F1-42B0-4E35-9B01-33B0431D6CCF@microsoft.com... > >...

[Win CE 5/6]AC3 format support
Experts, How to add support for AC3 audio format in Win CE 5/6 ?. One of our customer asked about the possibility - obviously microsoft dosen't have it in the catalog. Any tips will help thanks, GS-ICN Creating a new decoder filter for DirectShow is one way to go. There is a guide to writing DirectShow filters available at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa929448.aspx The other thing to consider is how the AC-3 content will be delivered, what file format it comes in. If it's one which isn't supported in CE5/6 then you'll also need a dem...

Excel copy/paste excruciatingly slow
An Excel spreadsheet of about 10 sheets has become very slow. If I select even just one unformatted cell with text only and select copy, it takes about 35 seconds before the hourglass disappears and I can paste. The same happens with any size copy/paste area. This was created in Excel 2003, then saved as Excel 2007. Entering info, etc is not slow. Its time for you to take a look at your design: http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/ExcelSpreadsheetDesign.htm http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeedb.htm http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm -- Steve "M Skabialka" <...

Excel analysis should do proper histograms inc. bars touching
Excel produces a wide range of really useful graphs, with the exception of histograms (and box-and-whiskers are also difficult to do), even in the 2003 version that I use. The Analysis ToolPak produces an apology for a histogram with bars not touching and frequency density not used on the y - axis ("schoolboy error"). I am sure microsoft could easily rectify this if they wanted - there are other programs (e.g. Autograph) that do it quite successfully. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To ...