Excel 2007 - VBA - set xaxis orientation

How can I set the xaxis to an arbitrary angle, say -70 deg using vba?

I recorded a macro to do this and it does not actually do anything???  Tried
it 3 times.  I end up with the proper layout but the recorded macro does not
actually format the xaxis when run again?!

QB

Hi,

Try,

     With ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory).TickLabels
         .Alignment = xlCenter
         .Offset = 100
         .ReadingOrder = xlContext
         .Orientation = -70
     End With

Cheer
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

0
Andy
2/24/2010 3:43:32 PM
Ended up finding the answer

..Axes(xlCategory).TickLabels.Orientation = 70

QB

"QB" wrote:

> How can I set the xaxis to an arbitrary angle, say -70 deg using vba?
>
> I recorded a macro to do this and it does not actually do anything???  Tried
> it 3 times.  I end up with the proper layout but the recorded macro does not
> actually format the xaxis when run again?!
>
> QB

number rounding in MS Excel

Settings Button (administrator features) Missing in Web Brower Cli
The Settings option in the web Browser client is missing on one machine but not on others. I deleted the cookies and restarted the browser and the Setting Button appears. Does anyone have a suggestion for how to correct the problem without deleting all cookies? Mark Nabors Hi Mark, I have noticed this too. It is very frustrating. I have read a post that says that this is a conflict between the web client and the outlook client. I think that the outlook client creates the cookie so that settings does not appear in the web client and not the outlook client. Supposedly this woul...

how can i select all the cells with same color on a sheet if there are multipale colors by vba code
how can i select all the cells with same color on a sheet if there are multipale colors by vba code Much better than the 1st post. try this Sub selectyellows() For Each cel In ActiveSheet.UsedRange If cel.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Then mystr = mystr & cel.Address & "," End If Next cel mystr = Left(mystr, Len(mystr) - 1) Range(mystr).Select End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "uobt" <uobt@aol.com> wrote in message news:1103129633.880542.286200@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > how can i select all the cells with same color on a shee...

VBA training suggestions?
I'm looking for tips on software out there on learning VBA for Excel. I know how to create macros and have a good idea of what a script might look like for the macro I created. I just want to learn how to write them on my own for my personal use. Any suggestions? Thank you kindly for your input! I do not know of any software for learning VBA, but you can't go wrong looking at all the Excel VBA web sites as well as purchasing a copy of John Walkenbach's "Excel 2003 Power Programming with VBA" http://j-walk.com/ss/. Recording macros and then editing them is a pow...

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

.pdf save as settings

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File