Excel 2007 How to change width of stacked columns

When I create a stacked column chart, the columns appear as thin coloured
lines. How do I make them into normal size coloured vertical bars, please
0
bowfin (3)

Hi,

Try right-clicking any column and choose Format Data Series, and on the
first tab, Series Options, reduce the Gap Width

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"bowfin" wrote:

> When I create a stacked column chart, the columns appear as thin coloured
> lines. How do I make them into normal size coloured vertical bars, please
Hi,

Unexpected skinny columns is normally a sign that the x axis is using dates
and that you only have values for sporadic dates.
If so you can change the axis to be category rather than time series.

xl2003: Right click > Chart Options > Axes > X axis > Category
xl2007: Select X axis > Right click > Format axis > Axis Options > Text

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"bowfin" <bowfin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I create a stacked column chart, the columns appear as thin coloured
> lines. How do I make them into normal size coloured vertical bars, please

0
andy9699 (3616)
6/15/2009 7:53:27 AM
Many thanks. That took me to the right area.  The eventual solution, under
Axis Optios seems to be to use "Automatically select based on data" and "Base
Unit-Fixed-months"
Thanks again
bowfin

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Unexpected skinny columns is normally a sign that the x axis is using dates
> and that you only have values for sporadic dates.
> If so you can change the axis to be category rather than time series.
>
> xl2003: Right click > Chart Options > Axes > X axis > Category
> xl2007: Select X axis > Right click > Format axis > Axis Options > Text
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info
> "bowfin" <bowfin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I create a stacked column chart, the columns appear as thin coloured
> > lines. How do I make them into normal size coloured vertical bars, please

0
bowfin (3)

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.